Photo

Passive mode doesn't f*cking work

24 replies to this topic
Eternal Highness
  • Eternal Highness

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

I turned it on and some f*ck face still killed me on foot. He killed me with an smg and I'm tired of dying and losing $600ish out of my bank account for f*cking health care.

HitGta
  • HitGta

EDM

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Either you didn't turn it on, or you were in a car, which disables passive mode for some reason.

Eternal Highness
  • Eternal Highness

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Either you didn't turn it on, or you were in a car, which disables passive mode for some reason.

No, it was on. He started shooting at me while I was in the car so I got out thinking he wouldn't be able to shoot me and he kept hurting me so I tried to pull out my gun and it says weapon wheel unavailable when in passive mode. So f*cking gay.
  • toasty030 likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

same here. I still can get killed on foot. And whats the point when you still can get killed in a car???

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

I turned it on and some f*ck face still killed me on foot. He killed me with an smg and I'm tired of dying and losing $600ish out of my bank account for f*cking health care.

how you can die in passasive mode,by being in a car and gettting shot at,or being on foot and getting runed over,i hate how you have to pay for everything and missions only f*cking give you 2000 max dollars,

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

how you can die in passasive mode,by being in a car and gettting shot at,or being on foot and getting runed over,i hate how you have to pay for everything and missions only f*cking give you 2000 max dollars,
I've done plenty 8k missions and i'm only at level 9...

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Passive mode turned out to be a f*cking joke. "Cruise around the city just enjoying the atmosphere without worrying about getting killed by enemy players" yeah how the f*ck am I supposed to cruise around the city on foot? What a joke.

Also you can still get run over and killed by physics so you need to jump up to a place where cars can't easily get you. Horrible.

• toasty030 likes this

seveb
  • seveb

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

same problem here.

Gray-45
  • Gray-45

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

It works in the car i had some guy shoot me lastnight and failed. You probably didnt turn it on or you turned it on caught some lag and the guy was able to kill you before it enabled. Does work though. Confirmed

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

It works in the car i had some guy shoot me lastnight and failed. You probably didnt turn it on or you turned it on caught some lag and the guy was able to kill you before it enabled. Does work though. Confirmed

I definitely doesnt work inside of vehicles. It can be turned on, but you can still be shot.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Its 10000% broken. No matter what, people can kill me with it on. VERY disappointing.
  • caseclosedjk likes this

PoopMonster
  • PoopMonster

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by PoopMonster, 06 October 2013 - 04:35 PM.

I love killing people who have passive mode on, my dick gets so hard.

• CDizzy likes this

AGNT009
  • AGNT009

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

So might as well never turn on passive huh. Stay well armed and prepare for anything, since you don't want to step out of vehicle and unable to pull the gun from its holster. Are the jet fighters in online? If being in cars is vulnerable, couldn't you put up a NO LIVE ZONE from the air by locking onto cars and blowing them up?

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

I don't understand why they even put passive mode in if it isn't going to work or if it only works on foot. How are we supposed to get around such a huge map if we simply don't want to deal with griefers. I thought that was supposed to be the point of passive mode. Tonight I got in a car and some guy shot me to death and I was in passive mode. It's pretty stupid that being in a car disables it. Why? Because I could kill them with my car? Just ghost them to me then so I can't run them down but I don't want to have to walk miles across the map just to make sure I won't get killed. Thankfully when that guy killed me I had all my money in the bank.

Corky McButterpants
  • Corky McButterpants

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

I read a post (reddit) that claimed weapons are enabled 'in vehicle' so you need to switch to unarmed - then you can flip them the bird!

Spoiler

Going to test this out...

Catfish Pie
  • Catfish Pie

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Another tip for y'all, if u r in passive mode and need to bank money on phone and are out of vehicle stand on a wall or building cos u can still die if someone runs u over!

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

This is exactly why I stay the hell away from public games, most of my online life has been spent in crew only games.

Catfish Pie
  • Catfish Pie

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

Yep OG! Or solo session ;-) u can still do ur jobs etc

Calavera999
  • Calavera999

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Passive mode turned out to be a f*cking joke. "Cruise around the city just enjoying the atmosphere without worrying about getting killed by enemy players" yeah how the f*ck am I supposed to cruise around the city on foot? What a joke.

Also you can still get run over and killed by physics so you need to jump up to a place where cars can't easily get you. Horrible.

Would you like a server filled with invincible pricks on passive mode constantly running people over? Think.

Don Roy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Some guy turned on Passive mode, but I still can run over him with my car and he died.

R.F.
  • R.F.

I <3 R*

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

god i hate this "online" sh*t. its so f*cking annoying anything is broken and annoying!!!

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Definitely can still get run over and killed by a car because that happened to me today when I was on foot. However I had a funny moment when a guy with a car was trying to run me over and some idiot with an SMG was trying to shoot me and I climbed up on one of those cement planters and just stood there shooting them the double eagle and the cops came and chased them off. I was laughing at them the whole time because they were trying so hard and couldn't do anything to me at all. The cops coming to get rid of them made it even funnier. 

Cozmic_Chaos
  • Cozmic_Chaos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by Cozmic_Chaos, 09 October 2013 - 01:10 AM.

LMAO at this topic. Could you imagine if Rockstar lets a player in his car while passive mode be totally invincible? Someone would abuse it and start running over anybody they see and nobody could do anything about it. (HAHA I CAN KILL YOU BUT YOU CAN'T KILL ME!) That would be even worse if you ask me, because it would force everyone to stay in passive mode. I really don't see what the big deal is, you are playing a game online with random people. They are going to play the game the way they want to play it. If you can't accept this logic, well... something is wrong with you. You have solo mode and invites only stop your whining and use it. Rockstar did a job with passive I use when Im buying guns and other things it works fine.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

Yep. Cockstar fails again.

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Same happened to me. I was tired of a**holes killing me so I turned it on. To my surprise I still died anyways by a guy who shot me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users