1. Shoot them on sight

2. Hide in cover and see if they are aggressive

3. Approach them in a friendly manner

4. Ignore them

5. Run away

6. Drive around and see if they follow you

7. Other(Please specify)

Explain your answers, if you can.

I always do 2, I don't want to RDM(Random Death Match), yet I don't want to be gunned down like a fool.

advanced28
  • advanced28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

I wait and see if they're aggressive or not.  If not I'll approach carefully but who am I kidding everybody online is aggressive on-sight for some reason.

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

This happens when I see other players online

1365062078_2.jpg

• GTA Banjo and Deevil1998 like this

Zer0 Zoler0
  • Zer0 Zoler0

Fruitcake

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

I drive past them and honk my musical horn.

• JohnMcClainNYPD, GTAVTheHeat and aboxofdogs like this

KatieTheCookie
  • KatieTheCookie

The Cookie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

I approach them in a friendly manner because I like to be nice :3

Wikiderr
  • Wikiderr

Rat

• Members

3. Always looking for friendlys. Although it usually ends with one of us catching a murder rap

Crazy_LlamaX
  • Crazy_LlamaX

The Night

• Members

I just play in passive. I learned long ago that if you take responsibility and give anonymity people become f*cking animals. 

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Trick

• Members

I tend to avoid them, but if they are near somewhere i want to go, like a shop or something, then i'll observe them a bit, and generally be cautious.

Joxed
  • Joxed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Most of the time I quickly go to options and pay 100$ for passivemode, then find a high level ground or car to run off.

But, couple of times i was trying to show off in that little plane in trevors hangor and crashed it somewhere in the city, then a guy picked me up with a chinook after i died and took me to get another chinook but can never find the place anymore where it was :(

if the medical fees werent 2k for a death, even with passivemode on then i would actually not give a fluff about people being near me.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

I don't play with them because pussies who cry about being killed are really not worth my time.

GTAfattyjuice
  • GTAfattyjuice

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Its what I imagine the stereo type 90s style LA gangster ghetto to be like, always on edge, who can you trust etc. Its funny in game, im always afraid to go on WWW on phone in case someone is coming at me. Always check the map first to see if anyone is near you etc. 

Would be nice to be not paranoid and every be friendly, but its kids who think its a DM. Im guilty too tbh, i had someone cruise upto me, parked up, he selects his weapon and I get an itchy trigger finger and blow him away... he wasnt even going to shoot me!

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

I go to high ground just in case they try to run me over. I won't attack on sight.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:17 PM Edited by Lagful, 06 October 2013 - 02:18 PM.

I'm usually on my Akuma so I avoid them like the plague.

I've stopped killing people on sight because it just ends up with them following you for eternity for a revenge kill.
  • Glennvf likes this

dookqc
  • dookqc

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Im always whit my crew so if one past by us wit take out gun and look at him passing by

if they draw a weapon we open fire lol

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Depends on my mood.
  • Chekoloco likes this

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

What I've been doing lately is flying a helicopter over to each player to see if they need a lift. I don't mind being a taxi service! People were paying me to fly them to places! One guy even gave me a cut of his shop robbery money because I was his getaway driver! :p

I make sure to land near them, but not too close as they might think I'm trying to attack them... most people are fine with this, but there are a few players that decide to try to kill me to take the helicopter! :/

Joxed
  • Joxed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

"im always afraid to go on WWW on phone in case someone is coming at me"

You would think with these smart phones they would let use install a App for quicker banking access instead of clicking all the pages :(

And its the people in the crews who drive around in 4 seater cars with UZIs and have assault rifles, sticky bombs and stuff that you need to watch out for. If i did not get my character missing, then accidently remade a new 1 over top of it, then id still be doing those wave mission things where you get loads of guns, and a little bit of cash once you are past wave 3+ its worth it i guess and more fun shooting AIS then retarded people on TDM/Free roam.

Shroomerz420
  • Shroomerz420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

3 & 6

I never, ever shoot first and I'm amazed at how trigger happy most players are.

Usually I'll just roll up, honk the horn and see if they need a ride. No one has gotten in yet. They either shoot on sight or take chase if I go to leave.

I don't really care about getting rich in the game or losing money, so I don't even get mad. I'm more interested in having fun and partaking in unique situations. Plus it is kind of fun speeding away from a maniac who wants to murder me.

I will say, no one has messed my motorcycle up yet so I'm grateful for that.

Maybe I should just start using my mic to convey that I'm a trustworthy getaway driver, taxi driver or just a partner in crime. Haha :-)
  • Glennvf likes this

Assassin13
  • Assassin13

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by Assassin13, 06 October 2013 - 02:26 PM.

What I've been doing lately is flying a helicopter over to each player to see if they need a lift. I don't mind being a taxi service! People were paying me to fly them to places! One guy even gave me a cut of his shop robbery money because I was his getaway driver! :p

I make sure to land near them, but not too close as they might think I'm trying to attack them... most people are fine with this, but there are a few players that decide to try to kill me to take the helicopter! :/

I wasn't aware you could do this. How does one transfer money over to another player and vice versa?

jessos1
  • jessos1

CEO - Legue of Shadows.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

From playing dayZ there is similarities in the way I go about other players I usually suss them out a couple times I've had my gun pointed until the drive away one guy turned around and pinned me against a wall, that was it I hunted him down and smoked his noob ass.

Causton97
  • Causton97

Time Lord

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I wasn't aware you could do this. How does one transfer money over to another player and vice versa?

Yeah, just hold the select/back button, go into your inventory and select cash. You can transfer money to people. If you completed a job, you can choose to give certain people a percentage (it works out how much money to give them for you) of your cut! :)

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

If they follow me, i wait to see if they attack. If they do, I blow up their car. 

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by JimmyDaMoney, 06 October 2013 - 02:28 PM.

i love how everybody on here says "oh i'm the friendly one. i never shoot on sight. :P"

i find this completely bullsh*t because 100% of everbody i've ever encountered in a free roam are shoot first. there is no feeling anyone out.

Mechanic X
  • Mechanic X

Omnipotent

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

I usually tend to attack the player on sight. Either that, or I'd attempt to find another way to comically troll them for the lulz.

• GankThis110 likes this

Cruden95
  • Cruden95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Depends what mood I'm in and what I want to achieve in the game at the time, if I want to make money I won't attack unless prevoked or if they have a bounty ( easy money, no hard feelings if I kill you)

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

GT: Preparation G

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

I approach them walking up empty handed, and smoke a cigarette in front of them... They are usually intrigued and don't shoot me...

Then we ride around robbing stores in a strange synchronous silence (when they don't have a mic)

Assassin13
  • Assassin13

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, just hold the select/back button, go into your inventory and select cash. You can transfer money to people. If you completed a job, you can choose to give certain people a percentage (it works out how much money to give them for you) of your cut! :)

Cool, nice 1 for the tip..could come in handy :)

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Id just stay away from them,although someone did chase me all over los santos and blaine county for honking,never seen that much of a roadrage :D

Cosmo1010
  • Cosmo1010

Rule-Breaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

2 & 4

Learning from gta iv its best to ignore people or to take cover I never try to aggro people to much.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I honk my horn, flash my lights and give them the finger (to let them know I'm unarmed). Then I usually make a run for it while they open fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users