Photo

This game is completely unrewarding

71 replies to this topic
John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

That's a lesson for all you GTAfans: next time, don't hype yourself, don't expect anything and don't have high expectations.

R* seems to have wasted 6 years on a sh*t that's hardy worth the money and f*cking R* with their ambitions for GTA Online.

There's nothing wrong with bearing hype and excitement, and high expectations. However, if you over-hype, and harbour ridiculous expectations (some of the stuff I've seen around here would have you believe V had released for the PS37 and Xbox -5), then you'll only have yourselves to blame for not being able to keep realistic expectations under control.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

That's a lesson for all you GTAfans: next time, don't hype yourself, don't expect anything and don't have high expectations.
R* seems to have wasted 6 years on a sh*t that's hardy worth the money and f*cking R* with their ambitions for GTA Online.

I wish I didn't agree with you but I do. Rockstar seriously disappointed with V
  • Official General, Acetaminophen and matajuegos01 like this

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I own my own pet virus I get to pet and name her

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

I simply love how OG creates these personal squabbles, and then proceeds to spin it and act the saviour by claiming he doesn't want to continue it, as a guise to getting out of a debate without either:

a) presenting a counter argument that is on topic

b) manning up and acknowledging/accepting the initial argument presented to him

So sure, ignore if you will. It won't stop me from highlighting your contradictions and fallacies whenever I can be arsed visiting this forum.

Dude get a grip. You act like he killed your mother or something. 

I agree with the OP. I feel as if im doing everything for nothing. The game really didn't have anything to unlock as odd as it sounds I miss unlocking islands/land/areas. 

• Official General likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:20 PM Edited by Lucchese, 16 April 2014 - 05:23 PM.

You're not very familiar with discussion boards, are you? I'm simply trying to get him to engage in debate without resorting to personal food-fighting.

I agree with the OP. I feel as if im doing everything for nothing.

Doesn't the fact that the Feds keep f*cking you over so much make you want to grind through the game with the goal of getting some retribution on those scumbags? You may say you feel like you're doing everthing for nothing, but we were still getting paid enough to buy some nice little toys, but not so much that you end up thinking..."well that's me bought everything in the game...no point in finishing it".

That said, I too prefer the traditional locked map, and wished R* had stuck to this tradition. Although, the map is so huge, I have no doubt I will still be discovering new areas/little details for years to come; hell, I still find new things in Liberty City, and it's a fraction the size of V's map. 

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

I simply love how OG creates these personal squabbles, and then proceeds to spin it and act the saviour by claiming he doesn't want to continue it, as a guise to getting out of a debate without either:

a) presenting a counter argument that is on topic

b) manning up and acknowledging/accepting the initial argument presented to him

So sure, ignore if you will. It won't stop me from highlighting your contradictions and fallacies whenever I can be arsed visiting this forum.

I agree with the OP. I feel as if im doing everything for nothing. The game really didn't have anything to unlock as odd as it sounds I miss unlocking islands/land/areas. 

I miss unlocking outfits. What the f*ck was Rockstar thinking when they decided that all outfits can't be unlocked until the end? What happened to unlocking by completing a mission?

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by Andreas, 18 April 2014 - 04:35 PM. Removed unneeded quotes.

I miss unlocking outfits. What the f*ck was Rockstar thinking when they decided that all outfits can't be unlocked until the end? What happened to unlocking by completing a mission?

The outfits/clothes in GTA SA are difficult to choose as I like most of them. That says something about a 10 years old GTA game.

Tofay I still play and mod and am making a carmod only for GTA SA. From what I've heard about the clothes in GTAV, that game is not doing very well it seems

andI find that a bummer. However, once GTAV comes to PC, coders/scipters/modders will make GTAV a true GTA game and they will unlock it to its core.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:40 PM Edited by Andreas, 18 April 2014 - 04:34 PM. Removed unneeded quotes.

The outfits/clothes in GTA SA are difficult to choose as I like most of them. That says something about a 10 years old GTA game.

Tofay I still play and mod and am making a carmod only for GTA SA. From what I've heard about the clothes in GTAV, that game is not doing very well it seems
andI find that a bummer. However, once GTAV comes to PC, coders/scipters/modders will make GTAV a true GTA game and they will unlock it to its core.

The actual clothes that you can buy in the game are ok I guess. I think it's stupid you can't pick what shoes M should wear with jeans and things like that. But outfits like the stealth ones, the Bugstars uniform, trevor in a dress...all of these should be unlocked by something you do in the game but instead they are all locked until you finish the last mission. It's another in a long line of poor development decisions in V

PsychoGamer3
  • PsychoGamer3

The End Times Prophet

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV wasn't that rewarding. Many complained of getting so much money and there was little to spend it on. And there was no car customization.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV wasn't that rewarding. Many complained of getting so much money and there was little to spend it on. And there was no car customization.

Did you even read the OP? He already addressed that.

gamerundercover
  • gamerundercover

Gta V Pro Player

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

I understand what you mean by there should be rewards for finding the collectables and completing the stunt jumps but that's not the main part of the game and you have the properties and store robbing and some random events that give you money so you don't really need the rewards but if your at the point that your spending all your time searching for the collectibles then you don't know how to play the game because you should not spend all your time looking for them (unless if you're trying to 100% the game fast) because instead you could be causing havoc and going on police chases and having fun instead of looking for collectibles and you may every once in a while stumble upon a collectible while your having fun and not wasting your time and energy just looking for them. If you cant find anything to do just simply search on google or something like it for "things to do in gta v" then just look at the results for something to do.

P.S. I'm not some huge fan boy trying to defend the game because its absolutely perfect. Because its not a perfect game but it is a very enjoyable and fun game if you can understand that it is a fun and enjoyable game filled with whatever you can think of to do for fun

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

If you cant find anything to do just simply search on google or something like it for "things to do in gta v" then just look at the results for something to do.

P.S. I'm not some huge fan boy trying to defend the game because its absolutely perfect. Because its not a perfect game but it is a very enjoyable and fun game if you can understand that it is a fun and enjoyable game filled with whatever you can think of to do for fun

I did. All I could find was yoga, triathlon, and towing cars. 

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

If you cant find anything to do just simply search on google or something like it for "things to do in gta v" then just look at the results for something to do.

I did. All I could find was yoga, triathlon, and towing cars. 

I miss bowling...
  • Miamivicecity likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users