Photo

Best sensitivity for free-aim?

6 replies to this topic
ConnollyUK
  • ConnollyUK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Being a long time PC gamer, I suck at using the gamepad for shooting.  It's great for driving and things like that, but you cannot beat the precision of keyboard and mouse for shooting.  Nevertheless, I am still going to use free-aim in GTAV and have been for some time.  What sensitivity settings do you free-aimers use?

I've seen posts that say I should just flick it to max sensitivity and get used to it.  Is that true? 

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

GT: Preparation G

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Not necessarily, I have mine set slightly above halfway I believe so that I can turn rather quickly but still make more precise adjustments for long distance shots.

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Being a long time PC gamer, I suck at using the gamepad for shooting.  It's great for driving and things like that, but you cannot beat the precision of keyboard and mouse for shooting.  Nevertheless, I am still going to use free-aim in GTAV and have been for some time.  What sensitivity settings do you free-aimers use?

I've seen posts that say I should just flick it to max sensitivity and get used to it.  Is that true? 

Yes. The very first thing I did when I got V was switch to free aim. The second was to max the sensitivity, and even then I find it to still be pretty low.

Learn to play with max sensitivity unless you want to be permanently handicapped.

ConnollyUK
  • ConnollyUK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Yes. The very first thing I did when I got V was switch to free aim. The second was to max the sensitivity, and even then I find it to still be pretty low.

Learn to play with max sensitivity unless you want to be permanently handicapped.

Copy that.  Looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the range.  Thanks for the advice.  

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Even on 3 sensitivity it's a little touchy...i mean my thumb can't move in 1 degree increments...

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

I never got this whole sensitivity should be as high as possible thing

personally I can't aim for the life of me when it's that high and turning around on a low sensitivity has never been a problem in games like these (not like I'm running around 360 no scoping people or anything)

for me a low sensitivity just makes the whole shooting a lot more precise, especially at large distances which seems to happen quite often in this game

haven't noted much of a handicap as people mentioned before

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

max it out, bear it out, get used to it, thank me later. :)

• lazy. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users