Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has your character been deleted? (POLL)

244 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you lose your character? (755 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you lose your character?

1. Yes (555 votes [73.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.51%

2. No (200 votes [26.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

^ nah you are f*cked im afraid.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

got to level 28 and finally lost it today

apartment, modded cars, 

money still there though

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

Lol because these statistics are totally unbiased...

Pretty sure most people who lose their character would go on a forum.

Mine is not showing on Social Club either, just b/c of that it doesnt mean its gone. Everyone calm your tits for a bit

Oh right so every poll is biased towards the negative point because people with issues are more likely to go on a forum. May as well get rid of all online polls then.

I can thank you for explaining that to him - so i don't have to

carlwinslo84
  • carlwinslo84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

I have lost 2 level 10's. This is a complete joke. They might as well just shut the f*cking servers down until they get this piece of sh*t sorted out. I am def not creating a 3rd. If they dont restore atleast one of my characters soon i am going to take it up with Rockstar about getting my money back. For all the people who are still defending the company quit being f*cking fanboys and acting like a company can do no wrong. They have made alot of people angry and deserve to know about it. I have been with Rockstar since PS One and this is unacceptable.

Don 'de Medici'
  • Don 'de Medici'

le wild OG appears

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

Hey guys, they are going to refund or do something about or for people who've lost their characters. They are just finalising how to go about it all. Keep updated on their site 

Heres a nice tid bit 

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:47 AM

Why do they give us a retry button then?
  • Strix aluco likes this

MK3Blackhound
  • MK3Blackhound

prospect

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by MK3Blackhound, 07 October 2013 - 01:52 AM.

Over 75% of our characters have beed deleted?! My guys gone too. lvl 30 with a fancy apartment. now i have an empty slot 1 with $130k in his bank.

Coop121
  • Coop121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:51 AM Edited by Coop121, 07 October 2013 - 01:51 AM.

Why do they give us a retry button then?

They didn't know it would make such a bug until it happened. They'll most likely remove it tomorrow with a patch. If they haven't fixed it by then.

Johnny Fandango
  • Johnny Fandango

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

"Question: My online character, rank, items, apartments, and/or cash are suddenly missing. How can I get them back?

Answer: We have received reports from some players who experienced losing characters, progress, items, and/or in-game cash during the first few days after release. We are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses, as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information about this, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. You do not need to do anything else at this time.

Note: When the Rockstar Cloud Services are unavailable, you are given the option to still play online on disc-based content (rather than R* Cloud content).  You are asked to confirm before entering Multiplayer whether you would like to play on a temporary character, without the ability to save.  If you confirm this option, please note that none of your old characters will be available for that play session, and the temporary character you create will not be saved.  If you want to make sure the characters you create are saved, you should not proceed into GTA Online when the R* Cloud Servers are unavailable.  Even if the services come back up while you are playing on a temporary character, that temporary character will not save -- you would need to return to Single Player and re-enter GTA Online to load your non-temporary characters and resume playing with the ability to save progress.

Note: When exiting GTA Online, please pause the game and choose to return to Single Player. This will trigger a save and ensure that progress since the last auto-save is recorded. If you purchase items and immediately power the console off or exit through console system menus, those items may not be saved.

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible."

"Updated 10/6/13: We are continuing to investigate the causes of the lost progress and what can be done to minimize the impact until a permanent fix is in place.  Also, we have not forgotten about the requests for restoration.  We are in the process of determining the options for addressing the issues for those players who have been affected.  Please stay tuned for further updates here."

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:57 AM Edited by Lagful, 07 October 2013 - 01:58 AM.

Just lost mine... Lol good game Rockstar. This is the ONLY online game I've ever seen where player's account saves are being lost. I honestly don't trust them now to put anymore time into this game if it is just going to all be lost down the road.

carlwinslo84
  • carlwinslo84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

I will be seeking a refund if they dont restore one of my characters within one or two days. As for the long winded "tutorial" they gave on all the tricks to do to get the game to not lose your character, that is the biggest joke i have ever seen. It is like if you bought a lemon from a used car dealership and find out when you get it home that to put the car in drive you have to turn the windshield wipers on,push in the cigarette lighter and roll the windows halfway down! A video game being this temperamental is exactly what people dont want. It becomes a chore instead of a leisurely activity.

Coop121
  • Coop121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Personally I think they should when things clear up give out a special items as a way of saying sorry. Like a special car or something. Like a van with advertising on the side for Cloud servers. With like a motto underneath. "!00% reliable." 

carlwinslo84
  • carlwinslo84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

Personally I think they should when things clear up give out a special items as a way of saying sorry. Like a special car or something. Like a van with advertising on the side for Cloud servers. With like a motto underneath. "!00% reliable." 

They need to restore everyone's characters and they better be ready to release some free dlc or something.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:39 AM Edited by M210F, 07 October 2013 - 02:41 AM.

I'd be fine with restarting if it wasn't for the unskippable tutorial. If the update adds client-side character saving and snapmatic saving, and a level/money refund when we start up the game, I imagine people will be at least a bit forgiving. Making it so that hospital bills are replaced with the original concept of just losing all the spare cash you have would be a good step from the "pay2win" crap now.

star55
  • star55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:41 AM Edited by star55, 07 October 2013 - 02:41 AM.

tried making a new character again.

even that didn't save. lol

i think this is it for me in terms of gta online

djfrost
  • djfrost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Yes, many times, and one at level 25  :angry:

Dostoe1
  • Dostoe1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

tried making a new character again.
even that didn't save. lol
i think this is it for me in terms of gta online

Haha, mine lasted for two hours.

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

Ugh, this is worse than the Sim City 5 launch. It's nearly a week after release and it's still messed up. Rockstar had 2 weeks, 2 f*cking weeks to prepare for the online launch and they completely f*cked it up. Good job Cockstar, I hope you enjoy your 1 billion dollars.

• M210F likes this

Vidioh
  • Vidioh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

Level 32, With one million earned. Saved up for the Cheatah for 3 days and only got use it for four hours b4 I lost my character. Oh well goodbye GTA Online until R* fix the game; Battlefield 4 Beta time  :D

loadivore
  • loadivore

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:07 AM

The character I lost 3 days ago had a world record, LOL, I went and got that tattoo, and come back the next day, no character.  It was only level 11, I wouldn't even mind starting over, but it sucks to know I probably wont get another record.

maxiumumcapacity
  • maxiumumcapacity

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

i have but i didnt overwrite and came back when i turned of my ps3 and waited a few hours and checked social club

xhostileman
  • xhostileman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

Yes i just lost mine today during the cloud unavailable roughly 4-5pm pacific

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

That SH*T is GONE!

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

That SH*T is GONE!

Should not have flushed.

janimal
  • janimal

Low Skilled

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

I am on my third character. I always exit the game in the manner advised by R*

That is?

Pause menu -> Leave GTA Online

http://support.rocks...A-Online?page=2

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

2. bullet_star_rated.png Yes (470 votes [75.93%] - View)

3. No (149 votes [24.07%] - View)

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

The vote count is scary.

Mr Brightside
  • Mr Brightside

Look CJ, NITRO

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Yes, character and level reset but still have some of my banked money.

A complete shambles from Rockstar. They should be utterly embarrassed with this.

BarfBits
  • BarfBits

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

And what are R* doing about the deleted character bug?? Expecting the character to randomly appear back hahahaha

GTA_Girl84
  • GTA_Girl84

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Character gone, level 17, my apartment cars all gone. For me this was a huge accomplishment as I take my time with things and level up slowly etc. My female character was quite attractive now gone. Social club money is there , character is blank. Devastated .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users