Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has your character been deleted? (POLL)

244 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you lose your character? (755 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you lose your character?

1. Yes (555 votes [73.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.51%

2. No (200 votes [26.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Just lost another level 14, f*ck this game if i lose another one. Oh and i haven't just lost one, try f*cking 6 ranging from lvl 5-20.

imad.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yup. Just lost mine. I spent hours on end saving up money. Bought the $205k apartment, turned the game off last night, tried playing it this morning and my character is gone.

F*cking R* can't make it any more obvious that they want to patch things up first to prevent people from gaining easy money. They'd rather we buy their cash packs than actually allow us to play the game the way we want to. B*tches already made a billion dollars, but greed makes them delete our sh*t until they can straighten things out.

I don't think I've ever been more pissed off about a video game in my entire life. This is getting f*cking irritating. How are they going to showcase their "greed is bad" political views in the SP but then proceed to be greedy in MP? Hypocritical POS.

And yeah, clearly I am mad. No need for R* fanboys to quote me and say, "Oh u mad? Go back to COD." I've supported R* every time they've released a game. They have several hundred of my hard earned dollars, but that isn't good enough, is it? They want more.

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Just lost my LvL 36 character, sweet car, and all my money. Bye bye GTA:O, it hasn't been a pleasure. 

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Stop f*cking playing, people.

WAIT IT OUT

BlueJosh
  • BlueJosh

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by BlueJosh, 06 October 2013 - 03:57 PM.

I love the people who call us out for being mad. They think that its fine that they release an online game where people have already spent 20+ hours on, only to have their progress deleted.

There are NO excuses, they knew the sales were going to go through the roof and could have just changed the release date for online, which would give them time to prepare for the millions who would try to play.

Honestly there is no excuse..

Crazy_LlamaX
  • Crazy_LlamaX

The Night

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Stop f*cking playing, people.

WAIT IT OUT

It's frustrating because we have friends who are playing the game and having little to no problems, so we decide to play the game with them and all our sh*t is swept away. 

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

woe is me my character just got deleted too

hedgehog
  • hedgehog

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

I get the feeling this is happening for a considerably large ratio of players:

https://twitter.com/...tyah&f=realtime

If it's as bad as I think they might just do a global rewind (if they're capable of that)

Can't believe they've f*cked up so badly, they have to fix this otherwise a lot of people aren't gonna bother coming back.

The_Dado
  • The_Dado

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Just lost my 4th character. I hope they make fixing lost characters a priority, absolute bullsh*t.

star55
  • star55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

they should have just made the save files for gta online characters stored locally on the console.

that's how dark souls did it

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

it's dark in some places, but sunny everywhere else

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

I haven't touched GTA Online since the patch has been put up. I've checked the Social Club and my character is still there so I'm staying off GTA Online until the problem has been addressed.

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

My second character just got deleted again.

Pumptruffle
  • Pumptruffle

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I think the worst thing about all of this is that they don't communicate with people at all. Not even a short Twitter update to let people know they are aware and trying to fix it.

I see this a lot with video games these days, little to no communication between the developers and the customers.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

A level 15 just disappeared this day.

Pumptruffle
  • Pumptruffle

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Also, on the social club site, under the career section, it shows my online character as just a silhouette indicating it has been lost. But scroll down and it has saved the race time for the tutorial, and also how much I have earned and spent?!

Diablo_rf
  • Diablo_rf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

lost mine as well

Candy KissesUK
  • Candy KissesUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Lost My Rank 26 character this afternoon around 2pm uk time, screen froze during mission, reclogged to find character missing along with my guns, lovely. This is the second character ive lost now. 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Will I get my character back when the servers are back up?

Trideez
  • Trideez

GTAForums OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Until my character got deleted, GTAO was the greatest videogame in mankind's history.

Trideez
  • Trideez

GTAForums OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

Will I get my character back when the servers are back up?

That is the 10 trillion dollar question that no one knows the answer to. 

Saxo
  • Saxo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I lost my character today, while my ps3 was turned off. This is actually depressing.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Lost mine today. I'd advise not trying to play with a new character until we know, possibly it may overwrite where you've got to on the server. I'm hoping they can fix this, some people are in a worse position, but I had rank 19, $285k earned, an appartment and some decent cars. Not sure I want to start again if my progress might randomly be erased......

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:04 PM Edited by MikeMyth, 06 October 2013 - 05:08 PM.

f*ck, just lost my character.

Right now I unplugged my PS3, plugged it back in and its not asking me to make a new character, I'll report back.

EDIT 1: Still unable to join a game to see if my character is there now, I'm going to attempt to "choose character", although I have a bad feeling.

EDIT 2: JOINED A GAME AND MY CHARACTER IS BACK, f*ck YEAH! BEFORE YOU GUYS MAKE A NEW CHARACTER UNPLUG YOUR CONSOLE AND TRY AGAIN!

Zehealingman
  • Zehealingman

Sometimes I dream about cheese.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

R.I.P '' Mrhankey ''

Rank 15 guy who looked like a mix between Obama and a horse.

Got lost in the cloud.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

Also the stats are gone on social club...

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Yup. Just lost mine. I spent hours on end saving up money. Bought the $205k apartment, turned the game off last night, tried playing it this morning and my character is gone.

F*cking R* can't make it any more obvious that they want to patch things up first to prevent people from gaining easy money. They'd rather we buy their cash packs than actually allow us to play the game the way we want to. B*tches already made a billion dollars, but greed makes them delete our sh*t until they can straighten things out.

I don't think I've ever been more pissed off about a video game in my entire life. This is getting f*cking irritating. How are they going to showcase their "greed is bad" political views in the SP but then proceed to be greedy in MP? Hypocritical POS.

And yeah, clearly I am mad. No need for R* fanboys to quote me and say, "Oh u mad? Go back to COD." I've supported R* every time they've released a game. They have several hundred of my hard earned dollars, but that isn't good enough, is it? They want more.

It's also f*cking lovely how they bash "the cloud" in the radio then praise it irl. 

• Hallgarth likes this

drjonkoe
  • drjonkoe

GTA veteran

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yeah just lost it too.. rank 33, house, cars, weapons...

No real problems untill I installed the update. Screw this sh*t, not playing it anymore. How can you release a patch if it only creates MORE problems.

Never had this happen to me in any game, never been so frustrated. It feels like R* hired some monkey to do their programming. All those hours, gone. We still don't know wether this will happen again with the next update, so I am not going to put any more time into playing this game. 

Was great while it lasted, BUT I AM DONE,

FATSTOGIE
  • FATSTOGIE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

I lost 2 lvl 9 characters the first couple days.  Yesterday lost my lvl 22 character but kept the money and started a new character and played an hour or 2 and went back to single player and went to choose character.  He was back but i still had the money in my account for the other player in slot 2.

And now i come on today and both of them are gone but my money is still there.....

Im hoping since my money is there that later when i go back to character creation hell be there again.

AceofDiamonds
  • AceofDiamonds

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Rank 36 400k house 4 fully modded cars guns with full attachments and 150k spare money.... f*ck

Carda
  • Carda

Teepo

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Played a nice session this afternoon and checked Social Club afterwards and it got saved. Just got home and Social Club is showing empty char. with 0s playtime. Only thing I see is money earned and money spent. Rest is all empty...

Ofcourse my character slot in GTA:O is empty too :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users