Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has your character been deleted? (POLL)

244 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you lose your character? (755 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you lose your character?

1. Yes (555 votes [73.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.51%

2. No (200 votes [26.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.49%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Josh_
  • Josh_

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by Josh_, 06 October 2013 - 03:00 PM.

My last char to be deleted (5th one)

http://puu.sh/4J3Td.jpg 
http://puu.sh/4J3TL.jpg 
http://puu.sh/4J3UO.jpg

how it shows today

http://puu.sh/4J3VV.jpg

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

I lost my character but a quick restart brought it back.

Maybe you shouldn't save a new one as soon as you see your character is missing.

I haven't.

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Lost my rank 25 character this morning. It appears I stil have the money and statistics like games played, won, lost etc are there. Weapons are not there though and I don't know if my apartment is there either. I created a character on slot 2 but I wont play with him. 

lambo3500
  • lambo3500

Team Franklin

• Members

Lost level 22 , and 175k  :cry: .. what do i do  :/

The weird thing is on r* social it shows how long I have played (23 Hours, 4 minutes, and 2 seconds), as well as money in bank ($178,254), but has the rank of zero.... :cry:

RichNuggetBmw
  • RichNuggetBmw

I Whacked Tony

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I've tooken a break as I have a level 26 character and didnt want to lose him, excuse me *had. I've WAITED UNTIL R* SAID EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FIXED. Wake up to play this morning and character gone....

Zonker9
  • Zonker9

Kabooooom!!!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Lost level 22 , and 175k  :cry: .. what do i do  :/

The weird thing is on r* social it shows how long I have played (23 Hours, 4 minutes, and 2 seconds), as well as money in bank ($178,254), but has the rank of zero.... :cry:

The same just happened to me, I've just realised that my character has been deleted but on the Social Club I still have some stats, but others have just disappeared. So disappointing. 

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

my lvl 42 charakter is gone.. BUT my apartment, cash and cars are still here..

Now im a bald dude with headphones... suggestions

How do you know they're still there? Like did you make a new character in that slot and just logged in and you had your car and everything, just looking weird?

sounds like he lost his personalized character and ended up with the bald guy and headphones only. happened to me once after a glitch in the second training mission and i had to quit and restart it and when i got back i had that weird looking guy. most of us lose characters all together which i have experienced twice now. not starting a 3rd character until i know 100% sure that sh*t won't happen again.

Ah ok. I had heard from some friends that once you go bald you lose all your $ too. Honestly I'd be completely fine with being bald guy as long as I got my stuff back. With all this happening I hope R* will release an update and let us all be able to re-edit our characters once this all ends.

Canadianwarrior
  • Canadianwarrior

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Woke up this morning and my character is gone. Rank 30 with good apartment.

Xbox 360 east coast. Have not tried to create a new character, going to wait it out. Not getting any cloud error messages. First deletion outside of launch day.

Operator Neko
  • Operator Neko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Xbox

United states

No deletion (yet). 

TheBeautifulGame
  • TheBeautifulGame

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

I lost my character, I had around 50K, just logged into play and my character has turned into a bald guy with headphones on

with 17K. spent ages saving for a great weapon with mods and was close to buying my first apartment. Don't have the heart to start all over, at least not now.

jkatarn
  • jkatarn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by jkatarn, 06 October 2013 - 03:09 PM.

I just lost my character.

I am not a good player so I earn things really slowly. All I wanted to do was to earn my self a 130k apartment.

I only have time to play on weekends so I played some time on Saturday, which earned me around 80k, and I thought it was good progress (at least for me).

Then I woke up today and bam, character rolled back to Friday's status which I am as broke as only have 15k.

I think oh well at least I still have Sunday to go through all this again so I played full day today earning 110k with only around 10k before I can get my apartment.

Went out and get some food and came back.... boom, character slot is empty.

Checked Rockstar social club, nothing seems to be existing.

I know comparing with other people in this thread my lost is like nothing. But I still put alot of effort in achieving a goal and being set back like this is really depressing.

At least its just a game :-(

*EDIT: oh yea I am on PS3.

TheBeautifulGame
  • TheBeautifulGame

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

I just lost my character.

I am not a good player so I earn things really slowly. All I wanted to do was to earn my self a 130k apartment.

I only have time to play on weekends so I played some time on Saturday, which earned me around 80k, and I thought it was good progress (at least for me).

Then I woke up today and bam, character rolled back to Friday's status which I am as broke as only have 15k.

I think oh well at least I still have Sunday to go through all this again so I played full day today earning 110k with only around 10k before I can get my apartment.

Went out and get some food and came back.... boom, character slot is empty.

Checked Rockstar social club, nothing seems to be existing.

I know comparing with other people in this thread my lost is like nothing. But I still put alot of effort in achieving a goal and being set back like this is really depressing.

At least its just a game :-(

*EDIT: oh yea I am on PS3.

I feel for you man,  my experience is similar, I can only play on weekends, I work during the week and spent all day yesterday, saving up to buy my first apartment and I had a weapon with mods attached, I was starting to get pretty good and now, it's all gone. 

NJW1247
  • NJW1247

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by NJW1247, 06 October 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Not deleted but basically might as well be....

My character looks completely different than how he should be and my rank was restarted from 25 to 1 so yeah. He looks how he should be on the social club site so maybe they can recover it?

FlyThai
  • FlyThai

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Just lost my level 16. Which is the 3rd character i lost.

f*ck this online. Im not playing to its confirmed its fixed. In one month i am selling the game if its not fixed

bigalboz
  • bigalboz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Lmao rockstar is destroying lifes

star55
  • star55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

my character is gone now. what a bummer.

and i was just stealing cars to sell them at the shops 2 hours ago too.

rank 8 probably doesn't seem much but it does to me.

strangely though now i see my character slot is on rank 8. with some stats on it too. but the character itself is gone.

even in the social club it's gone

harry246
  • harry246

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:21 PM Edited by harry246, 06 October 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Lost my level 14 character around 2PM today (UK Time). I was playing a race and was just about to enter a new one when the loading screen had frozen. I went back to dashboard, went back online and BAM my character was gone. It was asking me to make a new one. Social Club also removed ALL DATA from my online character.

Around 3PM my social club character picture came back with all the stats however it still says RANK 0. 

Now a character has returned but it's not mine. Whenever i go online now it loads up a bold dude with headphones on. 

Going to wait it out as I cannot be F*CKED to start again. I just feel for people on higher ranks. 

star55
  • star55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

i'll try waiting it out.

i was already bummed out when my 2nd character got wiped. and i made it look pretty good too.

as good as it could get anyway. the 3rd one wasn't so much.

if this doesn't come back i would have to make a 4th character

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

I lost my character last night at 23:30 GMT, I've lost my insured Vacca, my 205k apartment, 3 Sabre Turbos, Dinka Double T. Sanchez, Fully customized Futo, 17 wins in Sports cars, all my ammo and weapons, my masks, clothes and accessories.

I want to see who has lost their character and whether the amount is higher enough for us to expect a TRUE reimburse if the character fix cannot be fixed.

Did you lose your character?

Weird, lost mine at around that time too. Weird part is, I lost both my characters -- the one I was actively using and the one I only used once or twice (and not for days prior).

Aby
  • Aby

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Only 7 times.

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

Yours is the worst story yet my friend. Most people are saying they've lost a level 10 or even lower. But I lost my level 21 this morning. I have rebooted console about 3 times to try to get to the character a few different ways. Usually it just loads my character straight into a game. But you're right, my cash is there ($23,694) down from about 80k after a big spend.

I was level 21. Had a good thing going too, a good process for money making, a really nice car, nice garage. My cash and Crew are still in the profile top right of the screen, but its saying rank 1. I can not believe those people who are content on continuously redeveloping characters to get to where they were. I think Rockstar needs to spend some of the $1b paycheque on new servers. Then they need to start coding some people's characters and getting them back to the players ASAP.

It is such a shame too, as I was up til 8am this morning and it felt like the first properly enjoyable session with GTA Online since I started. I had a small group of people I was hanging around with who's first intention was not to kill or run over repeatedly. But to have fun, plan robberies, steal jets and so on. But its all been replaced by this negativity.

As my money and crew are still present, I ASSUME that my character will reappear sometime. But for someone who doesn't have a lot of time to play games, but very much enjoys them and invests in the characters they create and develop, this is potentially enough to put me off the game for good.

In my opinion, I think that Rockstar needs to be much much more vocal about the issue. Lets have a video entry explaining what they know so far.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Lost mine just before, Its gone on the social club but it still.says time.played and money spent.

http://socialclub.ro...career/overview

f*ck this game.

Slaya101
  • Slaya101

Basic Mapper

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think they are adding updates or possibly heist missions too, otherwise I also lost my character.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Still got mine from the first time I managed to get on solo session by racing Lemar alone.

star55
  • star55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

actually.. upon learning how to actually make a nice looking character now. i wouldn't mind redoing it all.

as long as i get to keep the stats, rank, and car.

the bank money seems to be always there no matter how many wipes happen

Benny26
  • Benny26

Lion Heart

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Just this minute lost my 2nd after a loading screen lockup. Social club has wiped it also. This really is a joke.

MasterO
  • MasterO

Nanomachines son.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Just lost my third now.

Off the social club as well.

Giving this sh*t up for now.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

All my stats on SC are gone, guys appearance is different, down to level 1 but still shows cash earned & spent.

Starting to lose faith......

pietjan12
  • pietjan12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

lost one already, scared sh*tless that i'm gonna lose my new character aswell..

Hipertrofilia
  • Hipertrofilia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

yes 

i lost my char

f*ck me rockstar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users