Photo

GTA V's Soundtrack is amazing.

16 replies to this topic
Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:07 AM Edited by Xerukal, 06 October 2013 - 11:29 AM.

No, not the damn radio. 

The actual ambient tracks are absolutely beautiful. I haven't even played the game and I'm just sitting here listening to all the tracks. This is most likely the reason Rockstar made all the radio stations (reportedly) sh*t. They wanted us to hear this ambient music instead.

Just listen to that beautiful Lost and Damned theme tribute starting at the 2:00 mark. I got the biggest grin on my face when that started.

This track. Oh man, this track. Just so uprising and triumphant sounding with that sax. 

I really hope this newly started trend of having actual tracks in GTA games (Besides the main themes) sticks. I want GTA 6 and onwards to have great, fitting tracks such as these.

• UltraGizmo64 and FlyUS like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

The only ambient music I like from the game is the stuff that plays when you're parachuting, everthing else is mediocre.
And I don't understand why you and everyone else claims the radio is sh*t... Oh wait, yes I do: "cuz it don't got enuff biggie and 2pac homeboy"

stobe187
  • stobe187

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

"Give this man a raise."

You do realize that the score is composed collaboratively by Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, Alchemist and Oh No.

Those guys, under-appreciated? Really?

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:28 AM Edited by Xerukal, 06 October 2013 - 11:31 AM.

The only ambient music I like from the game is the stuff that plays when you're parachuting, everthing else is mediocre.
And I don't understand why you and everyone else claims the radio is sh*t... Oh wait, yes I do: "cuz it don't got enuff biggie and 2pac homeboy"

This is most likely the reason Rockstar made all the radio stations (REPORTEDLY) sh*t.

I have never claimed it was sh*t on my own, as I have never heard the entirety of it. I only went off of all the topics bitching and moaning about it. 

And no, actually. I did not realize this, (Stobe). Because, being the man of assumption that I am, I assumed an individual composer was hired. I assumed wrong. 

I just love how bursting with negativity the first two replies were. So serious and tense. A great start, truly. 

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Death Metal

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

I dig the soundtrack, that parachuting theme is gorgeous and really gets stuck in my head after a while. The wanted level theme is great too...Also special mention to Trevor's rampage music, including the clown massacre that sounds awfully familiar in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. Great stuff.

stobe187
  • stobe187

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

I didn't mean to sound too harsh, but the guys who did the score are mentioned right in the opening sequence and also they had big Rolling Stone articles about it before launch. I just find it a bit odd that you've completely missed those.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by Xerukal, 06 October 2013 - 12:02 PM.

I didn't mean to sound too harsh, but the guys who did the score are mentioned right in the opening sequence and also they had big Rolling Stone articles about it before launch. I just find it a bit odd that you've completely missed those.

It's unfortunate, but I was not informed.Simply because, as I said, I do not own the game and I have not watched an actual full playthrough or walkthrough displaying the credits in either the intro or ending. 

I was originally going to look up who did the rest (I know the actual intro song was by Oh No, but I was not aware of anything else they composed, If anything.) but being that I inteded this to be a more positive topic without any serious intent behind it, I wasn't really going to bother researching.

stobe187
  • stobe187

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

For me, the score is one of the "breakout stars" of the game. It's fantastic.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

I like the plane flying soundtrack, and that second video-soundtrack.

Omar Little
  • Omar Little

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

yeah, well, Tangerine Dream, Alchemist and Oh No are obviously great.. Woody Jackson was new for me, though

stobe187
  • stobe187

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

He did the RDR soundtrack with Bill Elm. Good stuff!

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

The soundtrack is amazing yes. Love the pause music.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hell yeah, OP. Agree completely.

That track...

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Never heard of any of these people. Yes, I've been living under a rock.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

i really do not understand the  hate for the Soundtrack Los santos rock radio and non stop pop had some Fantastic Tracks. 

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

No, not the damn radio. 

This is most likely the reason Rockstar made all the radio stations (reportedly) sh*t. 

Bullsh*t. The radio selection is great. The rock station and classic hip hop stations are awesome, even some of the other stations have some really nice tracks. Huge step up from IV. 

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Nice generalization blockhead! Maybe your narrow-minded ass(which is your head) fails to realize that some people might not have found music they like within GTAV's radio tracks? See not everyone likes the same kind of music, there is no right or wrong in music, you listen to what you like because you like it without any other reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users