enex problem

3 replies to this topic
cyrilaeshell
  • cyrilaeshell

JESUS a megmentő

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

I have made a totally new interior, but i dont know how to place it in the game and enex documentation is extremely complex, please help

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Make your interior by ipl setting, the 3. parameter gives the "interior space" number (1.param = model ID number, 2.param = model name)

the SA interiors are mostly placed at height of 1000.0 to prevent side effects, but basicly can you place your interior where you want

If the interior number of ipl line is zero then it will be in the outside world and will be available if player is in outside world

If the interior number have another number, then it will be only available if player change to that "interior space" which have the same number

you can take any number as interior number, i recommand a value between 1 and 20

all placements of your interior must then have the same interior number

The interior is reachable by script or by enex. Both methods must give the interior number to can change to the specified "interior space"

The enex:

Enex's are working as pairs, that means that minimum 2 enex lines must exist which have the same NAME

The enex NAME makes the connection. Enex NAMES can have max. 7 charackter.

The enex lines must be placed in the enex section of an ipl file.

Both lines of an enex pair can be placed in same ipl file as well in different files

The enex line have coords for 2 points, x,y,z for departure and x,y,z for arrival.

This fact mostly makes confuse because departure and arrival don't means departure here and arrival at the destination of teleportation

but it means the departure point for telepotation at yellow arrow and arrival point nearby of yellow arrow when coming back

So you need 2 enex lines with same name and both have coords for 2 points, x,y,z for departure and x,y,z for arrival

Details, i believe you already saw the docu at http://www.gtamoddin....php?title=ENEX

X1, Y1, Z1, ROT, W1, W2, C8, X2, Y2, Z2, Rot2, Int, Flag, Name, Sky, I2, Time On, Time Off

X1, Y1, Z1 entrance location
ROT
W1 X width of entry
W2 Y width of entry
C8 constant 8
X2, Y2, Z2 exit location
Rot2 exit rotation in degrees
Int The target interior number
Flag The type of marker
Name Interior name, used to find the counterpart and to identify via mission script
Sky Sky color changer
I2 unknown integer flags, could be weather related
Time On enables the marker at this time
Time Off disables the marker at this time

X1, Y1, Z1 means dearture point

X2, Y2, Z2 means arrival point

12. parameter = interior number, there you have to insert the number which you are use in ipl for your interior

the enex which is placed in outside world must have the interior number of outside world, must be 0

the enex which is placed at destination interior must have the interior number of the destination "interior space"

the other parameter:

ROT - don't know, not really important

W1 and W2 gives the working radius for the dearture point

C8 - unknown, is always 8 and must always be 8

Rot2 gives the z-angle of arrival point to set the player's z-angle when coming back

Flag gives several behaviors, a part of these are detected and listed in the docu

My experience is:

set the flag number to 4 for the start enex of outside world

and set it to 0 for the connected enex inside of interior

Sky Sky color changer

Enex pair as example, made by me for a TC to teleport into 8track ( i think you can't find the outside enex in your game, you will need to change the coords first)

outside world
-1114.5, 1332.3, 19.1, 0, 1.5, 1.6, 8, -1106.2736, 1331.47, 19.1, 256, 0, 4, "8TRACK", 0, 2, 0, 24

interior
-1406.7142, -266.3632, 1043.1, 0, 2, 2, 8, -1394.7357, -260.9696, 1043.82, 122.909, 7, 0, "8TRACK", 2, 2, 0, 24

have a look to the parameters for interior and flag

start enex of outside world:

interior 0, flag 4

0, 4, "8TRACK"

connected enex inside of interior:

interior 7, flag 0

7, 0, "8TRACK"

I believe it will also work if both enex have 2 as flag but then it won't do the "walk through door animation"

i can't remember exactly, i used 4 and 0 because of advanced enex modding with door and animation

• cyrilaeshell likes this

cyrilaeshell
  • cyrilaeshell

JESUS a megmentő

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:23 AM Edited by cyrilaeshell, 07 October 2013 - 06:35 AM.

Make your interior by ipl setting, the 3. parameter gives the "interior space" number (1.param = model ID number, 2.param = model name)

the SA interiors are mostly placed at height of 1000.0 to prevent side effects, but basicly can you place your interior where you want

If the interior number of ipl line is zero then it will be in the outside world and will be available if player is in outside world

If the interior number have another number, then it will be only available if player change to that "interior space" which have the same number

you can take any number as interior number, i recommand a value between 1 and 20

all placements of your interior must then have the same interior number

The interior is reachable by script or by enex. Both methods must give the interior number to can change to the specified "interior space"

The enex:

Enex's are working as pairs, that means that minimum 2 enex lines must exist which have the same NAME

The enex NAME makes the connection. Enex NAMES can have max. 7 charackter.

The enex lines must be placed in the enex section of an ipl file.

Both lines of an enex pair can be placed in same ipl file as well in different files

The enex line have coords for 2 points, x,y,z for departure and x,y,z for arrival.

This fact mostly makes confuse because departure and arrival don't means departure here and arrival at the destination of teleportation

but it means the departure point for telepotation at yellow arrow and arrival point nearby of yellow arrow when coming back

So you need 2 enex lines with same name and both have coords for 2 points, x,y,z for departure and x,y,z for arrival

Details, i believe you already saw the docu at http://www.gtamoddin....php?title=ENEX

X1, Y1, Z1, ROT, W1, W2, C8, X2, Y2, Z2, Rot2, Int, Flag, Name, Sky, I2, Time On, Time Off

X1, Y1, Z1 entrance location
ROT
W1 X width of entry
W2 Y width of entry
C8 constant 8
X2, Y2, Z2 exit location
Rot2 exit rotation in degrees
Int The target interior number
Flag The type of marker
Name Interior name, used to find the counterpart and to identify via mission script
Sky Sky color changer

X1, Y1, Z1 means dearture point

X2, Y2, Z2 means arrival point

12. parameter = interior number, there you have to insert the number which you are use in ipl for your interior

the enex which is placed in outside world must have the interior number of outside world, must be 0

the enex which is placed at destination interior must have the interior number of the destination "interior space"

the other parameter:

ROT - don't know, not really important

W1 and W2 gives the working radius for the dearture point

C8 - unknown, is always 8 and must always be 8

Rot2 gives the z-angle of arrival point to set the player's z-angle when coming back

Flag gives several behaviors, a part of these are detected and listed in the docu

My experience is:

set the flag number to 4 for the start enex of outside world

and set it to 0 for the connected enex inside of interior

Sky Sky color changer

Enex pair as example, made by me for a TC to teleport into 8track ( i think you can't find the outside enex in your game, you will need to change the coords first)

outside world
-1114.5, 1332.3, 19.1, 0, 1.5, 1.6, 8, -1106.2736, 1331.47, 19.1, 256, 0, 4, "8TRACK", 0, 2, 0, 24

interior
-1406.7142, -266.3632, 1043.1, 0, 2, 2, 8, -1394.7357, -260.9696, 1043.82, 122.909, 7, 0, "8TRACK", 2, 2, 0, 24

have a look to the parameters for interior and flag

start enex of outside world:

interior 0, flag 4

0, 4, "8TRACK"

connected enex inside of interior:

interior 7, flag 0

7, 0, "8TRACK"

I believe it will also work if both enex have 2 as flag but then it won't do the "walk through door animation"

i can't remember exactly, i used 4 and 0 because of advanced enex modding with door and animation

Thanks! that explanation helped a lot, but i have a small query , do we have to define the ENEX name like your's '8TRACK'   only in ipl's or also in other files such as .ide or main.scm?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

ENEX's only need to be defined in an IPL file to work. You can add references in main.scm/cleo if you want to lock or unlock your ENEX, but it isn't required. The enexes are unlocked by default.

Other notes:

Enexes can be added to existing saves but it's tricky work. It's best to do your testing on a new save. Be sure to restart the game after making any changes to the IPL files.

If you add your enexes anywhere besides after all other enexes you will scramble the links to the enexes on existing saves. It's a good idea to add your enexes to a new IPL file rather than edit the existing IPL files for this purpose. Add a reference to your new IPL file in GTA.DAT that is after all other IPL files to avoid scrambling the existing links.

• cyrilaeshell likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users