Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will "Violent Duct" Exploiters be punished?

224 replies to this topic
stok54
  • stok54

Fabled Elder

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Some people hate the idea of other people being successful/happy.

You want an exploit? Check out the Customs thread.

Doing a mission is fine. Tell me why doing it twice is bad. If doing it twice is ok, why is doing it 4 times is bad, etc etc? 

This. 

blues3531
  • blues3531

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

maybe if rockstar made more fun missions with better payouts then we wouldnt be stuck farming violent duct for hours straight...

This. This so f*cking much lol.

mixjah
  • mixjah

Dude

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

where or when do you get access to this mission??

level requirement is lv15 .. it's a gerald-mission

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

maybe if rockstar made more fun missions with better payouts then we wouldnt be stuck farming violent duct for hours straight...

Some of them are fun, e.g. the Titan hijacking one. But you're right about the payouts, they're ridiculously random.

AntonChigurh
  • AntonChigurh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

playing the game the way it was designed is an exploit?  these people....

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:50 AM Edited by Slight0, 07 October 2013 - 07:02 AM.

Am I telling you to do anything? The only thing I'm telling you is that you're exploiting a loophole and the money you got is dirty. Just because you find a loophole in something doesn't make it not cheating; no matter how complex or simple that loophole is to exploit. I can call you a cheater or exploiter because thats what you are. Spend your time doing whatever you like. Calling it "smart" is sort of funny btw.

In CSS, if I find an exploit in a map that lets me run under the geometry and shoot people while they are unable to shoot me back, that makes me an exploiter. Just because the game lets me do it doesn't make it an intentional feature and fair game. It's not smart, it's cheap, but by all means, you're welcome to do it.

Okay, so the money obtained from this is illegitimate and the method, now that the real way has been patched, is also tricky, but that does not at all compare to your Counter Strike: Source analogy. The problem is, your talking about a full fledged exploit that does nothing but help you and only you at the cost of others. My argument is that I fail to see how people grinding a mission are able to do so at the cost of your experience and also; the method is smart if you think about it. For example:

If you read through a book and figure out a way to make a couple millions easy and legally in real life would you take that opportunity or would you keep going with the daily grind? That is the moral question that I pose to you. 

Also, if you could explain clearly how others are hurt by the grinding of Violent Duct, I would seriously welcome that. Not even being sarcastic. I feel that it would help shape my view a little bit here because I just cannot understand that part of the issue.

Firstly, I wasn't saying the CSS analogy was 1:1, but it's very relevant. I was just using it to make it clear the difference between making money quickly, but legitimately, and abusing an exploit. It's also an example of how exploiting devalues gameplay. The goal of CSS is to get a high KD and frags right? Well if you do so by exploiting, it makes those frags pointless and meaningless to other people, you're also robbing yourself of gameplay challenge of course. It seems you've acknowledged the Violent Duct job is an exploit and the people using it are exploiters, but you fail to see how that exploit affects other players.

Now sure, the CSS analogy falls apart when you look at how directly it effects other player's experiences. However, when it becomes widespread knowledge, which it already has, that there exists a repeatable economy-based exploit that makes a large component of the game, earning money, trivial, it starts to effect everyone's experience. More indirect than killing people with exploits, but still very noticeable. The second you know about the exploit, you're going to do it, you're going to tell your friends, and pretty soon most people know about it and use it to get everything they have. Money becomes devalued, the things you get with it become devalued, and the game's entertainment value becomes devalued. Getting money drives you to do different jobs, like racing, death matching, hunting bountys, and so on. It forces you to conserve ammo, watch the number of times you die, and puts value on the things you buy. These are all gameplay elements that get diminished when loopholes like this exist.

Maybe you alone using an exploit to get money fast doesn't have a direct impact on other people, but you gotta look at the big picture. Many people using the exploit to gain a money advantage hurts the game and boils down money making into repeating a single quest if you want to be on par with everyone else. Let's not forget, money in this game means power. Better guns, better cars, more ammo, and more advantage over other players.

Also it's not smart to exploit Violent Duct because you don't have to read a f*ckin book to do the exploit; you have to watch a 5 minute youtube video... or just ask your friend who knows how to do it.

blues3531
  • blues3531

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

What I find funny is how rockstar gave the easiest mission such a large payout and yet I did a really long Simeon Repo (like 30 mins of chasing down a Coquette that was speeding on windy roads, and has a back window that doesn't give you access to pop the drivers head) for like 1500 bucks. 30 mins of a mission that involved chasing him down, shooting repeatedly, eventually getting along side of him shooting him. Losing a 3 star wanted level in a beat up car I just shot the sh*t out of for 1500 f*cking dollars.

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

What I find funny is how rockstar gave the easiest mission such a large payout and yet I did a really long Simeon Repo (like 30 mins of chasing down a Coquette that was speeding on windy roads, and has a back window that doesn't give you access to pop the drivers head) for like 1500 bucks. 30 mins of a mission that involved chasing him down, shooting repeatedly, eventually getting along side of him shooting him. Losing a 3 star wanted level in a beat up car I just shot the sh*t out of for 1500 f*cking dollars.

It was probably meant to be a one time monetary boost for low level players to get them rolling.

IcecubePAL
  • IcecubePAL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

I don't find anything wrong with replaying Violent Duct over and over again. Keep in mind that you have to spend hours to get to a high level and make a lot of money, so the people that do keep on replaying this mission over and over again are putting in a lot of time and effort.

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Doing a mission is fine. Tell me why doing it twice is bad. If doing it twice is ok, why is doing it 4 times bad, etc etc? 

Lol. If you had a choice before you made your character that said "press A to unlock all vehicles, weapons, and property location" and "press B to start with $5000 dollars and various oppertunities to earn money in order to unlock things" which one would you choose? Well obviously you would chose A. Because, fala la la, that makes you happy! Weeeee! But the rest of us grumps would choose B because, grrr, we like hard work and that makes us feel cool cause we EARNED that sh*t like MEN! Yeah! No, but actually no one would choose B because no one likes fighting people wielding rocket launchers, fighter jets, and military tanks with just a pistol, some sh*tty sports car we stole from the strip club parking lot, and no body armor.

How does all that random sh*t I just wrote compare to whats happening? Repeating that Violent Duct job is like choosing option A and getting money via other methods is like choosing option B. If someone knew about both methods, why would you choose option B? The whole point in making money and having unlocks, is so that you can gloat, show off, gain advantage over, or otherwise effect another player who doesn't yet have access to those things. Part of the fun of GTAO is the stratification caused by how much money you have. If you're some poor thug, you're gonna get steam rolled by a rich baller status motherf*ckin patron sippin' polo drawers showin' OG. When you make easy shortcuts, you diminish that stratification and you diminish the fun.

JonVercetti
  • JonVercetti

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Until Rockstar gives out better missions and balances the amount of pay per difficulty of mission, I'll exploit Violent Duct, Titan of a Job, and that Ron mission that pays 25k.

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

Doing a mission is fine. Tell me why doing it twice is bad. If doing it twice is ok, why is doing it 4 times bad, etc etc? 

Lol. If you had a choice before you made your character that said "press A to unlock all vehicles, weapons, and property location" and "press B to start with $5000 dollars and various oppertunities to earn money in order to unlock things" which one would you choose? Well obviously you would chose A. Because, fala la la, that makes you happy! Weeeee! But the rest of us grumps would choose B because, grrr, we like hard work and that makes us feel cool cause we EARNED that sh*t like MEN! Yeah! No, but actually no one would choose B because no one likes fighting people wielding rocket launchers, fighter jets, and military tanks with just a pistol, some sh*tty sports car we stole from the strip club parking lot, and no body armor.

How does all that random sh*t I just wrote compare to whats happening? Repeating that Violent Duct job is like choosing option A and getting money via other methods is like choosing option B. If someone knew about both methods, why would you choose option B? The whole point in making money and having unlocks, is so that you can gloat, show off, gain advantage over, or otherwise effect another player who doesn't yet have access to those things. Part of the fun of GTAO is the stratification caused by how much money you have. If you're some poor thug, you're gonna get steam rolled by a rich baller status motherf*ckin patron sippin' polo drawers showin' OG. When you make easy shortcuts, you diminish that stratification and you diminish the fun.

Thanks for telling me how to play my game. Appreciate it. 

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Thanks for telling me how to play my game. Appreciate it. 

GTAO is a shared experience. It's not *your* game by any merit. Sorry.

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

I'll just say it again without a wall of text. There is nothing wrong with repeating a mission, but you shouldn't be paid everytime you click repeat when it's only intended for when you FAIL the mission.

Also I don't think you shouldn't be able to repeat missions. You should only get paid once after you complete it. Unless your aiding a friend complete his of course! This way it's not game breaking to the economy I mean it's much harder to find a friend to do the quest with than just repeat it for your wallet.

-Stok54  Grinding up the cash/RP using an exploit to get it FASTER is affecting everyone in game. Well okay they have more RP so they can buy more mods. They have more money so they can have a much better Vehicle/Fully modded vehicle. So well there goes Racing untill I can compete.. since I don't feel like lowering myself to that way of playing a game. -

Then also since they are getting exploit RP they can have better guns so once they hit level 120 or whatever it is they will have miniguns in Free Roam sessions which decimate lol. So we will soon be getting trolled by them.(Lets hope most of them become dunces!)

Also I believe there are stock markets so now all that money these level fifteens are getting they can buy a sh*t ton of stocks when they hit whatever level ( considering you even need a certain rank I'm not sure how the stock market works online.) So technically they could be inflating the Stock Market for those who don't want to use the exploit.

I get people get deleted. and lose money/apts thats still no justification for cheating end of story.

aboxofdogs
  • aboxofdogs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

I agree, every mission seems like, Go there > Get this > Bring it back to me

Yeah I really hope they release more missions that aren't like that. I know that can be creative enough, but sometimes it really just feels like they got lazy. Don't get me wrong, I love GTA: Online, but the jobs you get from NPCs really need more variety.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users