Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will "Violent Duct" Exploiters be punished?

224 replies to this topic
djim
  • djim

The helpful hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:55 PM Edited by djim, 06 October 2013 - 09:56 PM.

I'd assume not.. Its their mistake on their part and we just play the game anyway we know how.

Whenever i hear of a story about use of glitches being punished by a dev i think how stupid they are for hurting the hand that feeds them,  If anything people who find glitch's should be rewarded with said prize of whatever it got because they found something out,  Unless its hacking, Burn those f*ckers to hell.

ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:17 AM Edited by ajma420, 07 October 2013 - 12:18 AM.

I spent $60 on this game and I'm not spending another $40 to buy the stuff I want in online. Due to the lack of ways to make any considerable amount of money, yes, I have exploited this mission - not to the extent that others have - I only made about $400k to buy an apartment and a decent car. People (myself included) are desperate to make money in online.

I would be surprised if they actually do punish anyone for this and if they do, it is a misallocation of effort. They should focus on the real hackers and cheaters first. Also, this problem is their fault: they created this very easy mission, they gave us the option to repeat it, they gave it a $9k reward, and they expected us not to grind for $ using this mission? This happens in every MMO - and GTAO is supposed to be like an MMO.

Chase3411
  • Chase3411

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

This is in no way cheating rockstar made the mission I'm sure they knew what they were doing.. If your jealous then just go do it yourself. I don't get why so many people are bitching about this like wtf people do you want to have to buy cash cards or what??

stok54
  • stok54

Fabled Elder

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by stok54, 07 October 2013 - 12:37 AM.

It would be seriously disappointing if those that are using that mission do get punished in some way. First off, the people that find the "exploit" do nothing but, help Rockstar find the issue and be aware of it. At that point, it's up to them to fix it. Second off, why are those who are not using the mission to get cash so angry, vengeful, and spiteful? The people that are using the mission to get cash are not hurting you or your GTA: Online experience in ANY way aside from the expensive personal car or two that gets driven around. If you think it's unfair, just do the mission yourself! It's only unfair if a select group of people get to partake in it and everyone else is left out. I shudder to see how a certain few will react when cash cards go online and and people are buying easy money and apartments/cars galore.

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

Meh, they only ruin the game for themselves. They will be bored when they hit level 100 in 2 days. So f*ck 'em. Maybe it will clear out a bunch of the scrubs.

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

It would be seriously disappointing if those that are using that mission do get punished in some way. First off, the people that find the "exploit" do nothing but, help Rockstar find the issue and be aware of it. At that point, it's up to them to fix it. Second off, why are those who are not using the mission to get cash so angry, vengeful, and spiteful? The people that are using the mission to get cash are not hurting you or your GTA: Online experience in ANY way aside from the expensive personal car or two that gets driven around. If you think it's unfair, just do the mission yourself! It's only unfair if a select group of people get to partake in it and everyone else is left out. I shudder to see how a certain few will react when cash cards go online and and people are buying easy money and apartments/cars galore.

I feel like them getting Ranks, and Better weapons does affect me in the game espically when they come around with better weapons/cars. In races, and deathmatch that could mean alot not to mention they can have better armor. There's nothing wrong with finding an Exploit.. It's EXPLOITING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE THATS WRONG. You all defend this cause it's what you do to make all your money or whatever. I would be dissappointed in Rockstar if they didn't do something about everyone cheating to get Rank/Weapons/Cars and mods. I know I can do it, but I don't want to cheat. I don't want to do the same mission 1000 times over it's not fun for me.

The only reason ya'll don't seem to care about this exploit is you must be using it, and if so shame on you. If someone wants to buy cash cards GREAT! There's nothing wrong with that, and you think Rockstar wants you redoing the same mission 1000 times or buying thier card?  The game is full of bugs right now, and It's gonna be funny when Rockstar finally does reset all the exploiters ( assuming they can even do it.) Though most games do take care of it , and I think Rockstar will as well if they want people to buy thier cash cards. I mean heck Rockstar think about this why would I buy one of your cards if all I have to do is repeat a mission as often as I'd like, and get paid everytime even though I shouldn't be? There's nothing wrong with them making money off the game. The wrong thing is you all cheating other players out of a fair experience in this game.

riksterinto
  • riksterinto

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

They won't be punished.  9K isn't even all that much.  As you rank up, it becomes easier to make money.  I made over 60K playing for maybe 2 hours today.

Won a race - 5K

Sold a stolen car - 8K

Mission for Ron/Trevor - 25K

Robbed a convenience store - 2K

Survival to round 10 - 20K

kevswans
  • kevswans

FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

No exploit here, rockstar has added restarting and has actually made it easier for us; if you want to waste your time farming do it, if you want to earn your sh*t in a fun way, do it.

YOUR CHOICE

-mr.swanson

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

They already punished us enough by making us lose chars, apartments, money, etc. 

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

They already punished us enough by making us lose chars, apartments, money, etc. 

I've lost stuff too, and haven't used the exploit at all.

Adecool
  • Adecool

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

where or when do you get access to this mission??

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

What level do you unlock this mission? I'm level 30 and the most I make off missions is like $9,000.

doutee7
  • doutee7

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

In single player if you replay a heist will you get money again?

Bitchesloveturtles
  • Bitchesloveturtles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Anyone who thinks this is a cheat or exploit must not have have any bit of sense in their tiny peanut brains. Clicking a replay button which was purposely put in the game by developers is not an exploit. Having the option to click RT to restart a mission when it was purposely put in the game by developers is not an exploit. I literally feel sympathy for all you morons because your inferior brains will never be able to comprehend that fact. You poor souls must have such a tough time going through life with no sense and no logic.

• Boxman108 likes this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

I won't lie, I replayed it three times and I felt like a dirtbag. I know it's a video game, but I'm the last person on earth who would cheat or exploit something. I like EARNING my money. It was so cheap because you spawn right at the target. You take the dope and drive it 10 seconds down the road, and mission complete. I could make $50,000 per 5 minutes, I'm not even kidding. 

If you guys think it's fair, it's not. The game wasn't meant to be played this way. I only did it because a friend was, but I backed out after the third time.

That's just silly. First of all, you can't make $50,000 in five minutes. It only pays $9000 each time and it takes at least 2 minutes to complete (at least with two people like a friend and I have been doing) ... plus the loading time and all that. Second, I actually think the Methed Up mission before that one is much easier to complete, only takes maybe a minute longer, and you get $5000, which is still a good chunk of change. And third, missions were MEANT to be replayed over and over. How else do you expect to get to the higher levels? Ever play Red Dead? For that game, Rockstar actually made goals on the co-op missions where, in order to achieve them, you'd have to play some of them 500+ times (like shooting 1000 people with the gatling gun even though you MIGHT be able to get four, at most, through each run).

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:01 AM Edited by Crookid, 07 October 2013 - 03:02 AM.

I've been doing Duct and not judging anyone who does it but you can't use the "rock star created it" argument. That's a straw man argument because the only way to replay it is to hit trigger the replay which only pops up if you fail the mission. This is a bug since hitting the replay button even when it doesn't show still replays it.... As a result, it is technically an exploit as replaying the mission when you pass it is not intended. Especially after the recent patch.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by sultangris, 07 October 2013 - 03:39 AM.

This mission make only 9K and people think its a huge payout and dont think you should play it more than once? lol!  ive played very mission so far about 20 times and it looks like every mission is designed to be played multiple times as the only way to make money, aka GRINDING missions over and over. I think some people complaining or whining are very confused, haha!

i find it very hard to make money cause Im not in a good crew and dont have any friends that play and none of the morons in my free roam sessions apparently understand that you are supposed to join missions and stay with that group and do lots of missions and get more RP than just doing one and leaving and joining somewhere else and doing another one and leaving, its hard to even get more than 2 people to actually join out of 15, thats a lot of morons! lol!

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:39 AM

I've been doing Duct and not judging anyone who does it but you can't use the "rock star created it" argument. That's a straw man argument because the only way to replay it is to hit trigger the replay which only pops up if you fail the mission. This is a bug since hitting the replay button even when it doesn't show still replays it.... As a result, it is technically an exploit as replaying the mission when you pass it is not intended. Especially after the recent patch.

I can't feel bad for using it, since Rockstar STILL hasn't given me access to the extras that I paid for with the Collector's Edition (garage, car, heritage characters), plus the fact that my character has been deleted FOUR TIMES and I've lost rank and money once, even though my character was still intact.

Oh wait ... while I was typing this, I was firing up the game and guess what ... now my character is gone AGAIN ... which means I might have lost my 22 ranking and $545,000.

That's what I get for trying to play this game, I guess.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

yea any attempt to gain anything right now is futile until at least the next patch hopefully.  Its still in beta stage clearly, except we had to pay for it.

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Hi. Just stopping in to post my daily response to this thread.

This is all of you complainers:
pouting.jpg

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

So you think it is an exploit because you shouldn't be able to click 'rt'?
But if I were to finish the mission and then make a phone call and redo the mission again that is perfectly OK?

Straw man argument.

• stok54 likes this

stok54
  • stok54

Fabled Elder

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:53 AM Edited by stok54, 07 October 2013 - 05:55 AM.

I feel like them getting Ranks, and Better weapons does affect me in the game espically when they come around with better weapons/cars. In races, and deathmatch that could mean alot not to mention they can have better armor. There's nothing wrong with finding an Exploit.. It's EXPLOITING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE THATS WRONG. You all defend this cause it's what you do to make all your money or whatever. I would be dissappointed in Rockstar if they didn't do something about everyone cheating to get Rank/Weapons/Cars and mods. I know I can do it, but I don't want to cheat. I don't want to do the same mission 1000 times over it's not fun for me.

The only reason ya'll don't seem to care about this exploit is you must be using it, and if so shame on you. If someone wants to buy cash cards GREAT! There's nothing wrong with that, and you think Rockstar wants you redoing the same mission 1000 times or buying thier card?  The game is full of bugs right now, and It's gonna be funny when Rockstar finally does reset all the exploiters ( assuming they can even do it.) Though most games do take care of it , and I think Rockstar will as well if they want people to buy thier cash cards. I mean heck Rockstar think about this why would I buy one of your cards if all I have to do is repeat a mission as often as I'd like, and get paid everytime even though I shouldn't be? There's nothing wrong with them making money off the game. The wrong thing is you all cheating other players out of a fair experience in this game.

I won't be able to understand why you feel that your experience is hurt because other people are smart and taking advantage of something while it exists so i'm not going to touch on that but, I would like to point out that I feel smarter for actually using this "exploit" the few times that I have. Also, you say it's cheating. It's not. Have you EVER played an RPG game? Ever? This exploit, as you call it, is nothing but, grinding. Grinding is when one plays the same thing or follows the same action over and over for what can turn out to be long periods of time. Now, if you don't want to play the same mission over and over and grind it, that's your prerogative but, this is in no way what so ever a cheat. (A cheat example would be a code that can be imputed in GTA: Online that gives you a million buck for nothing) Then you say this gem, "The only reason ya'll don't seem to care about this exploit is you must be using it, and if so shame on you." You do realize that by expressing your opinion in roughly two paragraphs worth of text cements the fact that you care about this right? Also, yes. I do think that Rockstar wants me to play same mission over and over again because they would not make a game if they did not want anyone to play it. Just like others have said before, there is a REPLAY button for a reason. They wanted people to replay missions. The only reason that it is stigmatizing now is because the people who aren't doing the "cheat" feel like they are being hurt by those that are and that is a horrifically dumb way to feel. 

Dlee13
  • Dlee13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

I find it funny/ironic how a lot of the people who lost their characters/money/houses are the ones that exploited violent duct!

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:00 AM Edited by Slight0, 07 October 2013 - 06:02 AM.

Lol @ the people acting like they don't understand how this is an exploit/abuse of broken balance.

Raging at the people who want this sh*t patched is an even classier act. Rockstar is f*cking officially patching the mission, you work around the patch, and then act confused when people aren't impressed by your 5 million income over 2 days and call you an exploiter? Cool story. Money is supposed to be somewhat challenging to get, it's what keeps you hooked and doing things skillfully whilst being cautious of how you spend it, ect. Not "I replayed the same mission sixty times in a few days and bought everything in the game, I'm legit". Things don't have value if they're easy to get.

stok54
  • stok54

Fabled Elder

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Lol @ the people acting like they don't understand how this is an exploit/abuse of broken balance.

Raging at the people who want this sh*t patched is an even classier act. Rockstar is f*cking officially patching the mission, you work around the patch, and then act confused when people aren't impressed by your 5 million income over 2 days and call you an exploiter? Cool story. Money is supposed to be somewhat challenging to get, it's what keeps you hooked and doing things skillfully whilst being cautious of how you spend it, ect. Not "I replayed the same mission sixty times in a few days and bought everything in the game, I'm legit". Things don't have value if they're easy to get.

I agree that after the patch, the whole thing could be considered an exploit but, why do you feel entitled to tell those who use it that they need to spend their time differently? Until the mission is patched entirely, those that want to use it while they can should be able to and if you don't want to use it, don't. If someone doesn't feel like "being hooked and doing things skillfully" for months on end to get the same amount of money you could get in a few hours, until this is fixed, they are the smarter ones here.

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:10 AM Edited by Slight0, 07 October 2013 - 06:12 AM.

I won't be able to understand why you feel that your experience is hurt because other people are smart and taking advantage of something while it exists so i'm not going to touch on that but, I would like to point out that I feel smarter for actually using this "exploit" the few times that I have. Also, you say it's cheating. It's not. Have you EVER played an RPG game? Ever? This exploit, as you call it, is nothing but, grinding. Grinding is when one plays the same thing or follows the same action over and over for what can turn out to be long periods of time. Now, if you don't want to play the same mission over and over and grind it, that's your prerogative but, this is in no way what so ever a cheat. (A cheat example would be a code that can be imputed in GTA: Online that gives you a million buck for nothing) Then you say this gem, "The only reason ya'll don't seem to care about this exploit is you must be using it, and if so shame on you." You do realize that by expressing your opinion in roughly two paragraphs worth of text cements the fact that you care about this right? Also, yes. I do think that Rockstar wants me to play same mission over and over again because they would not make a game if they did not want anyone to play it. Just like others have said before, there is a REPLAY button for a reason. They wanted people to replay missions. The only reason that it is stigmatizing now is because the people who aren't doing the "cheat" feel like they are being hurt by those that are and that is a horrifically dumb way to feel. 

How do I reach these kids.

So in your world, Rockstar is patching the "intentional replay feature" because ____??

How hard is it for you to understand that there are 20 ways to make money, all of them similar in difficulty and requiring certain time+effort ratios, and 1 of them has a waaaay out of balance ratio? It's a really really easy and straight forward concept to get...

It effects everyone's experience of the game because everything in the game becomes significantly devalued when all of the sudden money is easily gotten from the money tree that is Violent Duct and all other jobs become less entertaining because the profit you get for them isn't anything compared to what you could have gotten from repeating that unbalanced job. Winning a race feels a bit more pointless. I mean you still get the all important "winning feeling", and progressing towards other unlocks, but the money component becomes unimportant.

• Apxidia likes this

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

Exploit or not, what's happening should not happen.  It's the reason why so many of these topics pop up.  People are scared to do it because they know its not what was intended.  I don't think anyone will get banned nor should they, but I wish there was some sort of equalizing reset that could occur.

Why?

Well I agree with most people that you shouldn't really care about how others are playing the game, and you should concentrate on your own fun.  Cool....except one day I'll want to log into free roam to have a bit of fun and notice that everyone is flying jets and shooting miniguns in my face because I'm in a room with 14 players who are level 200 while I'm stuck at lvl 100 because I did things as intended.

This will become a problem. Without intervention from R*, people will be forced to do the same and it will create a domino effect of things working as they were not intended.  I'm actually pretty sure this has already started.

Yeah hopefully people of similar lvl will be matched together in free roam, but there will be a point where this will no longer suffice.

Slight0
  • Slight0

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:15 AM Edited by Slight0, 07 October 2013 - 06:21 AM.

I agree that after the patch, the whole thing could be considered an exploit but, why do you feel entitled to tell those who use it that they need to spend their time differently? Until the mission is patched entirely, those that want to use it while they can should be able to and if you don't want to use it, don't. If someone doesn't feel like "being hooked and doing things skillfully" for months on end to get the same amount of money you could get in a few hours, until this is fixed, they are the smarter ones here.

Am I telling you to do anything? The only thing I'm telling you is that you're exploiting a loophole and the money you got is dirty. Just because you find a loophole in something doesn't make it not cheating; no matter how complex or simple that loophole is to exploit. I can call you a cheater or exploiter because thats what you are. Spend your time doing whatever you like. Calling it "smart" is sort of funny btw.

In CSS, if I find an exploit in a map that lets me run under the geometry and shoot people while they are unable to shoot me back, that makes me an exploiter. Just because the game lets me do it doesn't make it an intentional feature and fair game. It's not smart, it's cheap, but by all means, you're welcome to do it.

There's a difference between finding a lucrative and smart way to make money within normal constraints of the game balance and blatantly finding a way around the game's rules or, in this case, the game's intended balance. Sometimes the line between those can be very fine, but in this case I think it's pretty obvious.

stok54
  • stok54

Fabled Elder

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

Am I telling you to do anything? The only thing I'm telling you is that you're exploiting a loophole and the money you got is dirty. Just because you find a loophole in something doesn't make it not cheating; no matter how complex or simple that loophole is to exploit. I can call you a cheater or exploiter because thats what you are. Spend your time doing whatever you like. Calling it "smart" is sort of funny btw.

In CSS, if I find an exploit in a map that lets me run under the geometry and shoot people while they are unable to shoot me back, that makes me an exploiter. Just because the game lets me do it doesn't make it an intentional feature and fair game. It's not smart, it's cheap, but by all means, you're welcome to do it.

Okay, so the money obtained from this is illegitimate and the method, now that the real way has been patched, is also tricky, but that does not at all compare to your Counter Strike: Source analogy. The problem is, your talking about a full fledged exploit that does nothing but help you and only you at the cost of others. My argument is that I fail to see how people grinding a mission are able to do so at the cost of your experience and also; the method is smart if you think about it. For example:

If you read through a book and figure out a way to make a couple millions easy and legally in real life would you take that opportunity or would you keep going with the daily grind? That is the moral question that I pose to you. 

Also, if you could explain clearly how others are hurt by the grinding of Violent Duct, I would seriously welcome that. Not even being sarcastic. I feel that it would help shape my view a little bit here because I just cannot understand that part of the issue.

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:34 AM Edited by EVOAccura, 07 October 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Some people hate the idea of other people being successful/happy.

You want an exploit? Check out the Customs thread.

Doing a mission is fine. Tell me why doing it twice is bad. If doing it twice is ok, why is doing it 4 times bad, etc etc? 

• stok54 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users