Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will "Violent Duct" Exploiters be punished?

224 replies to this topic
Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Why do you f*ckers care?  Just play teh game.  Someone will always be higher rank wtih more guns than you.  get over the sh*t and rank ur sh*t up.

Another mad VD Spammer.. Why do so many kids these days have to cheat in all thier games?

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Lol Loser, actually I've only played it once and if you can figure out how to check my stats you'd see for yourself. Not that I care though because you essentially proved my point again; you're so wrapped up in how other people play what you acknowledge to be a game that instead of playing it for yourself, you're spamming the forums with yet ANOTHER one of these threads instead of just posting in an open thread and moving on.

And on top of that they're not really gaining any tangible advantage, so yeah. Good game though.

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Don't understand why it is a problem to replay a mission that pays the best in the least amount of time. Also I experience some missions around level 30 and there are missions with $10,000 and 1150 that you're allow to replay. Plus soon enough people will skip the missions and buy money anyways to get whatever they want so what's the issue?

As I said before repeating the mission isn't the problem. The problem is your pay should be reset as soon as you reset the mission. Also I'm sure Rockstar will be fixing those as well... You do know there are gamers out there who enjoy playing the game as intended not cheating to get everything as fast as possible right? All these cheaters will be griefing us people who want to play the game right, and WE KNOW IT. Thats why it's an issue. Not all of us want to EXPLOIT OR CHEAT TO GET AHEAD.

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Add to the fact that you have to throw descriptors like "kids" in there to add some imagined weight to your argument, and your arguments just look
more and more empty.
  • LillyOfTheValley likes this

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Lol Loser, actually I've only played it once and if you can figure out how to check my stats you'd see for yourself. Not that I care though because you essentially proved my point again; you're so wrapped up in how other people play what you acknowledge to be a game that instead of playing it for yourself, you're spamming the forums with yet ANOTHER one of these threads instead of just posting in an open thread and moving on.

And on top of that they're not really gaining any tangible advantage, so yeah. Good game though.

Dude really? I would love to play the game, but I get deleted. Also the servers have been down about all day. Also no tangible advantage? How about Guns, ranks, and skill above people who aren't cheating? Honestly why people sit around, and defend cheating baffles me.

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Oh, now you're basing your opinion on what you expect people to do in response to a hypothetical application of your opinion? (I.e. you expect exploiters to harass "legit" players when this is patched for revenge, right?)

You should guest lecture deductive logic at a university or something.

Ralelen
  • Ralelen

Hlayer Pater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thanks Obama!

maine27
  • maine27

D-Ice

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

MISSIONS=ERRANDS SAME SHT SICK OF EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ROUTINE DONT LIKE IT DONT PLAY AND IM PRETTY SURE YOU DONT HAVE A JOB BECUASE YOU DONT LIKE ROUTINES DEAL WITH IT ITS LIFE AND IN A GAME ITS EVEN MORE FUN WITH GUNS,CARS,ETC

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

It's not an exploit, it's more of a mistake on Rockstar's part, they should somehow stop players from being able to replay any mission over and over again.

Well the problem is really the payout is higher for the time spent than other missions. But I think the problem is actually the other missions are a bit too much of a painful grind. They need a slightly bigger payout, like 5K to 8K instead of 1K to 5K. It sucks spending 20 minutes (join time + wait time + get in there and drive around the map for ages) earning $5,000, then going to free roam, get killed 3 times and woah I'm 1K in the hole! You can do it by basically avoiding free roam, but it takes so long to get so little.

But you can't limit replays because a large part of MP is playing missions again and again. e.g. I finish a job, then someone else starts it because they haven't done it yet, I need to be able to join in and help them. Otherwise you'd never get people joining your hosted games. What RockStar has done now is put in a limit to the number of times you can restart the mission before you have to go back to free roam to find it again. If you're farming you will notice the Replay button becomes unselectable after a while, so you have to disperse.

But is it the end of the world? It's only fast because people have worked as a team to master it, then when newer players join in they get to learn tricks and teamwork as well. It's a social part of the game, and gives people an early reason to work together. That's what the game is all about. 

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Oh, now you're basing your opinion on what you expect people to do in response to a hypothetical application of your opinion? (I.e. you expect exploiters to harass "legit" players when this is patched for revenge, right?)

You should guest lecture deductive logic at a university or something.

You really have not grasped what I am saying so I'm done replying to you.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

no, they put it in the game so that would be f*cked if they did

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

The servers being down are unrelated to "exploiters" replaying VD.

What advantages do those guns really give them? I'll grant you itd be annoying having someone with the rank and funds to always call in airstrikes or something but that's inevitable anyways with how easy it is to rank up and cash cards available. But you can just go to a new server or one with friends when you get that.

As far as guns, I have yet to see any guns set themselves apart as a true advantage even with full upgrades. With auto-aim its way more about who spots the other first or who pulls R back slightly for a headshot.

Vehicles and properties really just affect your own enjoyment of the game and don't give an advantage except in races, but races are still balanced pretty fairly.

On top of all that someone doesn't even have to farm VD to rank up and mass cash. All people have to do is bet on closed races with friends and rig the results- bam huge profits all around and RP as well.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by Skeloton, 06 October 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Lol ive gotten over 200-300k and got to lvl28 just doing the missions requested from gerald and the titan of a job from lester.....oh and a few successful runs of a mission from Ron.

These VD spammers are just the run of the mill 'Ive found the best most efficient way to lvl up and gain funds'.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Honestly don't see the problem with other people doing it. In no way does someone farming Violent Duct have any effect on me. I was just in a lobby with people that were constantly restarting and I had to get out of it. Not because I am against it, it's just so boring. I'd much rather vary missions/races and have fun while getting paid but each to their own. Like I say this doesn't effect anyone except the fact that people are just jealous that others have nice apartments and cars. Hell I'm stuck in the sh*t 99k apartment with a stock Fusilade and I'm loving it. Slowly saving up the money for that big property and sweet car. 

Chill out guys and just play your own game.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Honestly don't see the problem with other people doing it. In no way does someone farming Violent Duct have any effect on me. I was just in a lobby with people that were constantly restarting and I had to get out of it. Not because I am against it, it's just so boring. I'd much rather vary missions/races and have fun while getting paid but each to their own. Like I say this doesn't effect anyone except the fact that people are just jealous that others have nice apartments and cars. Hell I'm stuck in the sh*t 99k apartment with a stock Fusilade and I'm loving it. Slowly saving up the money for that big property and sweet car. 

Chill out guys and just play your own game.

Ive been grinding missions ive requested and ive yet to buy any property or garage and im using a vapid sandking i found lol. My spendeture mostly goes on guns and ammo lol.

Splinter02
  • Splinter02

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

It's not an exploit, there is an option to replay or restart the mission which was an intended feature of the game.

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

It's not an exploit, there is an option to replay or restart the mission which was an intended feature of the game.

It is an exploit since your getting paid everytime why do you think Rockstar tried to patch it in the first place? It should be able to be replayed, but you should only get the payout once it's complete. Not get the Payout then retry again, and again getting paid everytime. You should only be payed out once. The replay option is there so if you FAILED THE MISSION you can replay again. Not so you can replay over, and over to make easy cash. If you have alot of friends to help repeat the mission then by all means it's not an exploit cause once all your friends get past the mission it wont be so easy for you to just retry 1000 times.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 06 October 2013 - 09:10 PM.

IF the mission was supposed to be replayed and/or to give cash per each run, it is not an exploit and therefore not enforceable.

IF the mission was patched to not be replayed and not give cash per each run, they are circumventing the regular gameplay, it is an exploit. 

Depends what Rockstar is going to do about it. I don`t think they have the means to separate the "exploiters" from the "legit players", seeing as they can`t even save a character progress properly. Not yet, at least.

They could run a money per hour prediction model and cut extra cash, though. It`s a long shot and I don`t think they`ll do it. Probably just reset leaderboards once everything is running smoothly.

Loser_1337
  • Loser_1337

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

IF the mission was supposed to be replayed and/or to give cash per each run, it is not an exploit and therefore not enforceable.

IF the mission was patched to not be replayed and not give cash per each run, they are circumventing the regular gameplay, it is an exploit. 

Depends what Rockstar is going to do about it. I don`t think they have the means to separate the "exploiters" from the "legit players", seeing as they can`t even save a character progress properly. Not yet, at least.

They could run a money per hour prediction model and cut extra cash, though. It`s a long shot and I don`t think they`ll do it. Probably just reset leaderboards once everything is running smoothly.

I agree with you there I doubt there is much they can do about it.. I mean heck they can't even get us saving our characters right! I just get annoyed at people who think this isn't an exploit when it really is!

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 06 October 2013 - 09:14 PM.

I agree with you there I doubt there is much they can do about it.. I mean heck they can't even get us saving our characters right! I just get annoyed at people who think this isn't an exploit when it really is!

I never said it is an exploit. I said it could be an exploit in a very specific context :)

bigbay49er
  • bigbay49er

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Who cares about the ranks anyway.  I got to level 29 just doing random stuff for 2 or 3 days.  It's easy to rank up you get cash and xp even when you lose.  I fail to see any advantage you get if anything it paints a bigger target on you for people to try and kill you.  I actually wish it would give less xp for things as you seem to rank up too fast no matter what happens whether you are last in a race or the first to die and spectate on a team that wins.  I would actually like it to be forced to do it again or get nothing so you can get better instead of getting something for blowing it.

Whiplash 3277
  • Whiplash 3277

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

I did get "punished" actually. I made 500k from that mission. The next day I logged on and only had 250k. Rockstar sent me an email saying that I was abusing the replay button and that they took away a fair amount of money to teach me a lesson. I was pissed but I just did it again.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

anyone who cares enough to want them to punish people needs to go to a therapist and work on your self-esteem. you have sh*tty lives if this bothers you.

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

LOL so anybody want  to let the fa**ots who have no teammates to play with *cough* shoelace *cough* just cry in the corner while I set up a Violent Duct mission on PS3 and we can rank up like crazy? PSN is InsidiousKilla91. Message me if you're down.

bigbay49er
  • bigbay49er

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

I did get "punished" actually. I made 500k from that mission. The next day I logged on and only had 250k. Rockstar sent me an email saying that I was abusing the replay button and that they took away a fair amount of money to teach me a lesson. I was pissed but I just did it again.

No I wasn't saying you should be punished for anything.  That's lame you got screwed over when I never saw a rule or anything saying you couldn't replay when that was still working. 

I was just bitching about my own rank being so high when I honestly feel like I haven't earned it.  I just got owned three races in a row and ranked up.  .... What kind of sense does that make? lol

TaazR
  • TaazR

Interiors & Parkour

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Lol R* can go royally f*ck themselves if they dare try to 'punish' anyone doing Violent Duct. R*'s sh*tty servers have deleted millions of people's characters along with their hard earned money. So you can't blame the players for exploiting this, especially since if lost their characters/apartments/cars. They're dumb enough to forget they had a 'restart' feature so they should pay the price

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Lol R* can go royally f*ck themselves if they dare try to 'punish' anyone doing Violent Duct. R*'s sh*tty servers have deleted millions of people's characters along with their hard earned money. So you can't blame the players for exploiting this, especially since if lost their characters/apartments/cars. They're dumb enough to forget they had a 'restart' feature so they should pay the price

See that's the mentality I don't get - "Hard earned money" - People seriously view it as something they worked for and subsequently own. Sure, if your bank took all your money away if you were saving for a house in real life, I'd agree with you. But you were playing a game right?

The point of playing a game is to enjoy, well, playing the game, no? 

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

What? I never heard of that happening to anyone? Proof or it didnt happen.(regarding Rockstar emailing you)

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

If replaying a legitmate level in the game is exploiting it, then so is playing the game longer than anyone else in a 24 hour period, or playing on hard every time so you get more rp than anyone else.  

There is NO logic to the argument that this is an exploit.  I'll agree that it can take the fun out of the game, but it's not an exploit.   

You can say you don't like it, but you are being a hypocrite if you do anything over and over in the game to make money.  For instance, if you steal one car a day and take it to a garage to sell it and make money, it's like people saying you are "exploiting the game because not everyone does that EVERY DAY".

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

If other missions paid out a decent amount then maybe we wouldn't have to farm this 1. 9k for this mission and... 10k to parachute into the docks, take out a small army and steal 2 helicopters... Damn, that don't make sense. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users