» «
Photo

Rockstar says "Issues have now been resolved" My char is stil

36 replies to this topic
BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:18 AM Edited by BioVirus, 06 October 2013 - 03:19 AM.

What the heck?

Rockstar Latest update :

Update --  10:00 PM ET 10/5/13: 
  • The issues seen earlier in the day have now been resolved.

No, they haven't.  My character is still missing.  I haven't played a single second of GTA:O when I noticed my character was gone, and I have not created a new character, in any slot.  My character was SAVED because I played it all of Oct 4 Friday, and I even logged in Oct 5 Saturday morning 10:00 eastern time and everything was fine. The character was saved.  It only went missing after their servers died again around 11 AM Eastern.

EDIT :  It seems Rockstar went back and edited their Update to add a second sentence.   At the time of creating this thread, what you see up there was all that was.

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Making a thread here will fix your character.
  • archiebunker and KamikaziOtter like this

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 06 October 2013 - 02:20 AM.

Maybe you should just make a new character, knowing that this time it will work/save.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

Maybe you should just make a new character, knowing that this time it will work/save.

Top f*cking lawl.

OP, no. Do not make another character. Do not even login to the online. Just ignore it permanently since you never know if they can restore your character or not. Why risk making it all a waste of time when it has the chance to return.

• BioVirus and -TommyVercetti- like this

KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

Quit trying to cover for R*. Making a thread here will make more of a voice. Have you ever heard of the saying "If one person tells you it, a hundred people are thinking it."

He is reporting a problem and you, a simple troll that can't handle the blatant fumble R* has made with online, are trying to tell us all its all a non issue. I feel like you must be a member of congress when Benghazi happened, or about the government shutdown.

• BioVirus and Violent Duct like this

JC-0001
  • JC-0001

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by JC-0001, 06 October 2013 - 02:26 AM.

Make a new character buddy, your old one ain't coming back. I had hopes the new patch would bring back mine but there's still no sign of it, so I just made a new one and he's still going.

By the time they restore it (and that's if they can) he will have probably progressed further then his old character.

danny2n
  • danny2n

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

Quit trying to cover for R*. Making a thread here will make more of a voice. Have you ever heard of the saying "If one person tells you it, a hundred people are thinking it."

He is reporting a problem and you, a simple troll that can't handle the blatant fumble R* has made with online, are trying to tell us all its all a non issue. I feel like you must be a member of congress when Benghazi happened, or about the government shutdown.

dude theres new threads going up literally every few minutes with people complaining about losing their character. posting it won't do any good, just shut the f*ck up and accept the fact that its gone, jesus christ. you all complain like your life revolves around this game

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

if you made another character in slot 1 after the initial one dissapeared, your initial character is gone for good.

Sorry bro but that's common sense.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

Make a new character buddy, your old one ain't coming back. I had hopes the new patch would bring back mine but there's still no sign of it, so I just made a new one and he's still going.

By the time they restore it (and that's if they can) he will have probably progressed further then his old character.

No way.  Everything was "fixed" after the Oct 3 patch and the game was working fine for all of October 4.   Then it suddenly breaks again today Saturday Oct 5, and millions of people all lose their characters.

Why would you think it's safe now?  This game will just delete your characters again. Maybe you keep it for 1 day, 2 days, but it will happen again until Rockstar addresses it.

No point in wasting time playing this game.  It takes about 6-8 hours to reach level 15, which is when Violent Duct is unlocked and you start earning more money...... not worth it.

• -TommyVercetti- likes this

EpiclyUber
  • EpiclyUber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

Way to paraphrase bro. 

ACTUAL STATEMENT:
"The connection issues seen earlier in the day have now been resolved.  Please note that we are still looking into reports about missing characters, rank, items, apartments, and/or in-game money."

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

When you load up online it tells you if the cloud servers are down. It seems so many people don't actually pay attention to anything. If the cloud servers are down your character has nowhere to save, so it never saved and will not be back. I played the first two days with the intention of starting a new character when the issues were resolved, I just didn't play when it told me the cloud servers were down and never lost my character. Started a new one anyway though

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:06 AM Edited by Magna99, 06 October 2013 - 03:07 AM.

Way to paraphrase bro. 

ACTUAL STATEMENT:
"The connection issues seen earlier in the day have now been resolved.  Please note that we are still looking into reports about missing characters, rank, items, apartments, and/or in-game money."

Alot of people on this forum seem to love doing this, most recent example:

Rockstar:

"We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online, we hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow."

Forum posts:

"GTA Online update CONFIRMED for tommorow"

• KiLLe12-X likes this

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

Noone cares about your "Char".

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Way to paraphrase bro. 

ACTUAL STATEMENT:

Alot of people on this forum seem to love doing this, most recent example:

Rockstar:

"We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online, we hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow."

Forum posts:

"GTA Online update CONFIRMED for tommorow"

Made me lol.

• KiLLe12-X likes this

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

Way to paraphrase bro. 

ACTUAL STATEMENT:

DO NOT accuse me of paraphrasing.   Rockstar EDITED that to add it in.

I copy pasted the EXACT update in the OP of this thread.   If it looks different now, that means Rockstar went back and silently edited it to add that second sentence.

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

What the heck?

Rockstar Latest update :

No, they haven't.  My character is still missing.  I haven't played a single second of GTA:O when I noticed my character was gone, and I have not created a new character, in any slot.  My character was SAVED because I played it all of Oct 4 Friday, and I even logged in Oct 5 Saturday morning 10:00 eastern time and everything was fine. The character was saved.  It only went missing after their servers died again around 11 AM Eastern.

EDIT :  It seems Rockstar went back and edited their Update to add a second sentence.   At the time of creating this thread, what you see up there was all that was.

Last time I saw my character was 4am. D: So sad.

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

No way.  Everything was "fixed" after the Oct 3 patch and the game was working fine for all of October 4.   Then it suddenly breaks again today Saturday Oct 5, and millions of people all lose their characters.

Why would you think it's safe now?  This game will just delete your characters again. Maybe you keep it for 1 day, 2 days, but it will happen again until Rockstar addresses it.

No point in wasting time playing this game.  It takes about 6-8 hours to reach level 15, which is when Violent Duct is unlocked and you start earning more money...... not worth it.

lol Millions are losing characters? Way to pull a number out of your ass.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by BioVirus, 06 October 2013 - 04:34 AM.

No, it's accurate.   Millions of players.  The majority.

Just look on this forum.  It's even worse over at Rockstar's official forums.  95% of every thread is about character loss,

hP8mfJK.jpg?1

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:00 AM Edited by BioVirus, 06 October 2013 - 06:00 AM.

What the heck?

Rockstar Latest update :

Last time I saw my character was 4am. D: So sad.

I played yesterday no problems, and then I woke up today and my character was safe and sound, so I played about 1 hour and then the servers died around 11 AM Eastern and that's when my character vanished.  Haven't seen it since.

• KiLLe12-X likes this

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Just wanted to show more proof that MILLIONS of people are losing their characters.  Those of you who have your characters, consider yourself very lucky and subject to losing it at any moment.

kdIgENf.jpg?1

• KiLLe12-X likes this

cjkuhlenbeck
  • cjkuhlenbeck

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Just look on this forum.  It's even worse over at Rockstar's official forums.  95% of every thread is about character loss,

hP8mfJK.jpg?1

[email protected] last thread

Mechanic X
  • Mechanic X

Omnipotent

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

I call bullsh*t. My character was removed from the game less than three hours ago.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Game's a f*cking joke. Worst online gaming launch in history hands down. At least other companies (Blizzard) take down their entire game and prevent people from trying to play when they KNOW it's not a guarantee to work.

F*ck you Rockstar for pretty much eating all the time I invested into Online since launch. I better get that character back.

• BioVirus likes this

soldat89
  • soldat89

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

i think my lvl 11 character just got deleted... i was playing fine all morning until i kept getting freeze ups and i went to sign on again but it brought me to the new slot screen

f*cking bullsh*t im so livid right now

• KiLLe12-X likes this

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

RichNuggetBmw
  • RichNuggetBmw

I Whacked Tony

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

I've tooken a break as I have a level 26 character and didnt want to lose him, excuse me *had. I've WAITED UNTIL R* SAID EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FIXED. Wake up to play this morning and character gone....

PhilJones
  • PhilJones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by PhilJones, 06 October 2013 - 03:27 PM.

No it won't... However, venting our anger will. They've had ample time to sort this out and they've also had plenty of time to prepare. They knew how many people bought it and how many would play.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

I've tooken a break as I have a level 26 character and didnt want to lose him, excuse me *had. I've WAITED UNTIL R* SAID EVERYTHING HAS BEEN FIXED. Wake up to play this morning and character gone....

You see. this is why nobody should even be playing right now. It's a waste of time.

It's sad too, because GTA Online is really fun..... I want to play but I will not create a new character.  I am going to wait until they restore mine.

• KiLLe12-X likes this

KiLLe12-X
  • KiLLe12-X

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

hP8mfJK.jpg?1

[email protected] last thread

LoL 30 inches dho?!

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

No it won't... However, venting our anger will. They've had ample time to sort this out and they've also had plenty of time to prepare. They knew how many people bought it and how many would play.

How exactly will venting get your character back??

I'm not even going to touch the rest of your post.

I feel sorry for everyone who has lost characters over the weekend, me and everyone on my friends list seem to be immune so far, but these threads aren't helping anyone. If all you want to do is vent, a single thread would be more appropriate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users