Photo

Best & worst radio stations?

176 replies to this topic
Between3and20chars
  • Between3and20chars

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:16 AM Edited by Between3and20chars, 22 August 2014 - 01:17 AM.

Best: Radio Mirror Park, VBR #hipster

Worst: The talk shows.

• goblinthegnome likes this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

Best: los santos rock radio, Channel X, and worldwide FM.
Worst: radio los santos, its just swag crap, how is it entertaining.

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:15 AM Edited by Mr.Raspberry Jam, 23 August 2014 - 01:17 AM.

Am I the only one who likes Vinewood Boulevard Radio? Nate & Steve are hilarious imo
  • OneManCrimeWave and Frito-Man like this

chrisjtho
  • chrisjtho

duck sick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

Best: CHAKRA ATTACK on WCTR, Insemination on Blaine County Talk.
Specific: Too Hood and Gin and Juice from Radio LS
Worst: Channel X, Space 1xx.x

xXElRadioDJ913Xx
  • xXElRadioDJ913Xx

FRESHBIGMEX

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

My Favorite Radio Stations were Los Santos Rock Radio, NonStop Pop FM, Radio Los Santos, West Coast Classics, Worldwide FM, and Space 103.3.

My "Okay" Radio Stations were FlyLo FM and Soulwax FM all the songs weren't great for GTA V these two Electronic Music Stations but for the songs like Windowlicker, Crystals, 23, Plush (Jacques Lu Cont Remix), Shockwave (Gessafelstein Remix), Arp #1, Body Music, Evil Grin, Me and You ( by Outkast), and Naive Reception were solid.

My "Hated" Radio Stations were East Los FM [Since I'm a Mexican these tunes were sh*t except the three traditional Mexican songs that Rockstar put on and it doesn't symbolize L.A correctly like what the f*ck!?), Blue Ark FM (I like the DJ but some of the songs doesn't bring that Bob Marley feel and even that Sean Paul and Major Lazer feel on the west coast I've heard some songs in real life when I went to Cali) and last but not least Vinewood Boulevard Radio (This station sucked and even it doesn't feel as special as it is.. and barely no one listens to it except Wavves' song was cool though)

DirtSPP
  • DirtSPP

Robot Bass

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Favorite stations: FlyLo FM, Soulwax FM, LSRR, Radio Los Santos, WCC, Lowdown, Non Stop Pop

Least favorites: Channel X, East Los FM, VBR, the talk radios, Rebel Radio

GTAandStuff
  • GTAandStuff

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

My favorite radio station is probably Los Santos rock radio and some of my favorite songs are Radio Gaga, the set up, I'm free, I can't wait, nobody move nobody get Hurt, El Sonidito and convoy.

Least favorite station is probably FlyLo FM and least favorite songs are My War, ADHD, Ali Bomaye and maybe that Rihanna song.

Am I the only one who likes Vinewood Boulevard Radio? Nate & Steve are hilarious imo

There are a few decent songs there, but I would have much rather had the Night Ride FM station that Kavinsky announced before the game was released.

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

The best IMO:

1. Radio Mirror Park (Do You Believe?, Old Love/New Love, Change Of Coast, Sometimes, etc.)

2. Non-Stop-Pop (Music Sounds Better With You, Lady (Hear Me Tonight), West End Girls, Adult Education, etc.)

3. Los Santos Rock Radio (Photograph, Big Log, I'm Free, I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You, etc.)

The worst IMO:

1. Channel X

2. East Los FM

3. The Lowdown

gta4_player
  • gta4_player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Non-stop pop is my favourite because I like how the host sounds. Also some rap radio stations has pretty catchy songs and I also like the rock stations. The worst is the cowboy style radio stations no doubt.

TougherThanLeather
  • TougherThanLeather

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

best: v-rock, flash-fm, fever 105, ls rock radio

worst: rebel radio, east los fm, soulwax, vinewood boulevard

btw i like music from the 80s :D

Official Destroyer
  • Official Destroyer

Crackhead

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

1. West Coast Classics

2. Radio Mirror Park

3. Radio Los Santos

4. Non Stop Pop FM

5. The Space 103.2 

6. Blue Ark FM

7. Soulwax FM

8. Los Santos Rock Radio

9. East Los FM 106.2

10. Worldwide FM

11. FlyLo FM

12. Rebel Radio

13. Lowdown FM

14. Vinewood Boulevard Radio

15. Channel X

When I examined the soundtracks of the entire GTA Series, I realised, in contrast to the majority of these forums, that GTA V has one of the best, if not THE best soundtrack of all GTA-games. There are so many songs I still love to listen to and which make me want to play the game again. 

It would be perfect if they added the song "The Recipe" by Dr. Dre & Kendrick Lamar to Radio Los Santos - would fit the setting of GTA V so well.

My most favorite song at the moment is called "Don't Come Close" by Yeasayer. Gives me goosebumps when I listen to it and think about the game.

GTAandStuff
  • GTAandStuff

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

What's with all the hate on rebel radio? Do people really dislike country that much?

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

east los santos fm is definitely the worst, lol.

I think the best is mirror park.

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

Welcome to the show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

1. Radio Mirror Park

2. Vinewood Boulevard

3. Space 102.3

4. Los Santos Rock Radio

5. Non-Stop Pop

6. West Coast Classics

7. Soulwax

8. The Lowdown

9. Flylo

10. Channel X

11. East Los FM

12. Worldwide FM

13. Rebel Radio

14. Radio Los Santos

I can't have a place for the Blue Ark because I haven't listened to it enough.

suspicioususer
  • suspicioususer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

How come nobody likes Punk?

GTAandStuff
  • GTAandStuff

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

How come nobody likes Punk?

Personally not that into it, but there's at least two songs on Channel X that I like.

nugas
  • nugas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:14 AM

Taste in music is very relative

But all the stations in GTA V fit perfectly with time they were set in

At first I was also a bit "meh" about the radio stations but with time I saw that the music was very good and adequate for the time they were set in

• Frito-Man likes this

oldbag69
  • oldbag69

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Worst station is chanel x and this is coming from someone who likes old school punk

Mr Makaveli
  • Mr Makaveli

Expect me nigga, I'm Comin'

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Radio Los Santos and Westcoast Classics are my favorites 

can't wait to hear the new songs

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Best: Non Stop Pop FM, Radio Mirror Park, Soulwax FM, East Los FM. (come at me bruh.)

Worst: Channel X, Blue Ark FM

GTA_Sharpshooter
  • GTA_Sharpshooter

Yeahhh don't you Love Her.Don't you Love Her as she walk

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

Don't Come Close - Yeasayer on Mirror Park

Big Log - Mr. Robert Plant and Rock N'Me - Steve Miller

No talking Sleepwalking,The Set Up and other songs from WC Classics and Rebel Radio

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Thug

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by S1N0D3UTSCHT3K, 4 weeks ago.

Basically everything but Blue Ark... I don't really like Channel X either because I feel it rarely fits the mood of the game. Maybe the odd moment where I get angry at traffic or cops with Trevor but then that means I'll probably have 3+ Stars soon and I turn the radio off :p So I rarely find when it fits the game for very long... just a few moments or missions.

Almost every other radio station 'fits'... I'll lose the East LS FM radio station when I'm trying a Saddler in the countryside of... in East LS. Rebel Radio or the country talk show in the country. Mirror Park in Mirror Park, Vinewood, Chumash. Vinewood Boulevard doesn't always fit... I usually only listen to it in a sports car if I cruise out to Chumash. I actually like some of the stuffs and listen to them outside of GTA V sometimes but they don't always fits.

Radio LS basically fits Franklin perfectly... and WCC is basically Lamar.

Worldwide FM is awesome out in the desert in a classy luxury car. Same with Lowdown and Space... loooooove cruising to Lowdown in Sandy Shores driving an Enus Super Diamond.

FlyLo is basically the best night station. Rock Radio is basically the best convertible sunny day station. Soulwax is the Adder station lol.

Almost every station fits for me except BlueArk... it's kinda a weird fit for LS because that type of music and culture is more of a Liberty City or even maybe Vice City thing not a San Andreas thing. I guess maybe it fits with Mirror Park and Vespucci weed smokers lol. Or Franklin doing weed Property missions.

But in general everything fits good.... GTA V's music is probably the best in the series though VC is pretty close. GTA V uses its music better for storytelling though.

Personally favorite would be Worldwide FM or Lowdown I think... I really like Mala's Ghost, Gaslamp Killer's Nissim, Candido's Thousand Finger Man... I mean,, Cold Air, Harm in Change, Forgotten Notes, all such great driving songs. Forest Funk is pretty dope. And almost everything on Lowdown is awesome but I think my favorite is George McCrae's I Get Lifted.

Surprisingly I really like Radio Mirror Mark too not really what I usually listen too but Sleepwalking, Boogie in Zero Gravity (the Heist 1 'theme), High Pressure Dave (an ending C song), The Set Up (also Ending C), From Nowhere, Sometimes... just so many catchy songs really surprised how good it is.

Radio LS is OK but I basically associate Hold Up as THE theme for Franklin and my first few days exploring GTA V'S LS for the first time as Franklin.

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Favorite stations: The Lowdown, Worldwide FM, Space 103.2

Least favorite station: Channel X (always seems to be playing the same 2 songs - THEY'RE f*ckING WITH ME, SUBLIMINALLYYYYYY and THE MOUTH DON'T STOP, THE MOUTH DON'T STOP)

quxxo
  • quxxo

shrek

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by quxxo, A day ago.

east los santos fm is definitely the worst, lol.

I think the best is mirror park.

I listen to it everytime while exploring Blaine County

goblinthegnome
  • goblinthegnome

A Real Human Bean

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Best: Vinewood Boulevard Radio, Radio Mirror Park, The Lowdown 91.1, WorldWide FM, Los Santos Rock Radio, West Coast Classics, Channel X, Non-Stop-Pop FM

Okay: Space 103.2, FlyLo FM, Soulwax FM

Worst: Blue Ark FM, Radio Los Santos, East Los FM

Datguy8925
  • Datguy8925

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I think I'm the only one that listens to every radio station

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again