Best & worst radio stations?

216 replies to this topic
ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Anyone saying they don't like Non-Stop Pop is in denial. Don't lie to yourselves, you know you love it. You know all the words to Only Girl and rock the f*ck out with Rihanna when it comes on, you cheeky pricks. ;)

NewGamesTeam
  • NewGamesTeam

Look at me, Hector.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:53 AM Edited by NewGamesTeam, 04 February 2014 - 01:13 PM.

The best is Los Santos Rock, and the worst is Non Stop Pop FM. The music on that popsh*t radio sucks

After four months and a month of playing here's an update:

The best are: Los Santos Rock Radio, Space 103.2 and the Blue Ark (except some stupid modern songs there). I sorta like Rebel Radio.

The worst radio in the series is, certainly, Non Stop Pop with its awful pop-sh*t. There are a few normal songs there but the others suck. I also dislike Radio Los Santos with its awful hip hop. The real rap is on WC Classics.

• oG-DaLLaS likes this

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

The nerds saying Radio Los santos is bad, have no knowledge about rap. Stick to your hipster music fags & stop critising music you don't even listen too. Radio Los Santos is the best current-rap radio station on any gta. Your really gonna say a station that has kendrick lamar, game, asap rocky, future, & gucci man is bad? You have bad taste in music then. I only don't like 1 song from that station. Other than that, every song is catchy af. Most people I know in real life and online seem to agree with me. If you dont like rap of course your gonna say it but to call it the worse is being just ignorant. I can easily say rebel radio, LS rock radio & every other station sucked because I don't listen to them but I dont.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

I only like a select few songs from certain stations only..98% of songs on Radio los santos make me want to throw up, Especially future and asap rocky. I hate those guys alot

I like Sleepwalking, 1759, ADHD I liked that before the game back in 2012, I like a few songs from the classic hip hop station as well. 

I just hate repetitive rap music with no style whatsoever. I like instrumentals, Not a bunch of bullcrap about their "Bad bitches" what a disgrace lol.

As for the rest of the stations, Not so much but my favorite song in the whole game is probably Sleepwalking

Tordenkylling
  • Tordenkylling

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Rebel Radio and the rock channel are my favorites.

There is only one radio channel i don't like, and that's the 'EL' something.. The mexican one. I really don't like it.

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

I only like a select few songs from certain stations only..98% of songs on Radio los santos make me want to throw up, Especially future and asap rocky. I hate those guys alot

I like Sleepwalking, 1759, ADHD I liked that before the game back in 2012, I like a few songs from the classic hip hop station as well. 

I just hate repetitive rap music with no style whatsoever. I like instrumentals, Not a bunch of bullcrap about their "Bad bitches" what a disgrace lol.

As for the rest of the stations, Not so much but my favorite song in the whole game is probably Sleepwalking

I dont like future either but how it was was pretty decent to be in a video game. I started listening to asap rocky years before he blew up. I don't like that everyone knows him now but what can you do. If you actully listened to rap & his music, you would know that he focuses on switching up his flows mid-song. That's his specialty. Not every rapper can be a lyricist ala Jcole. The station as a whole is great even though it didn't have my favorite rappers which are, asap rocky, asap ferg, the underachievers, wiz Khalifa (when im smoking), Flatbush zombies, Hopsin, kream, Curren$y, raider klan, joey bada$$ & a lil bit of odd future. Its the best station I've heard for rap in any gta game. So glad they didn't put in faggy lil Wayne or any of young money. Or waka flaka fag squad bull sh*t. The sation could have been alot worse

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

The nerds saying Radio Los santos is bad, have no knowledge about rap. Stick to your hipster music fags & stop critising music you don't even listen too. Radio Los Santos is the best current-rap radio station on any gta. Your really gonna say a station that has kendrick lamar, game, asap rocky, future, & gucci man is bad? You have bad taste in music then. I only don't like 1 song from that station. Other than that, every song is catchy af. Most people I know in real life and online seem to agree with me. If you dont like rap of course your gonna say it but to call it the worse is being just ignorant. I can easily say rebel radio, LS rock radio & every other station sucked because I don't listen to them but I dont.

Good/Bad music is subjective, just because others don't like it doesn't mean they have "bad taste". I personally can't stand that Future song because of that auto-tune overkill but I get why some people like it. Lately I've been digging that "Bassheads" track from RLS, it's a great driving tune.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

I dont like future either but how it was was pretty decent to be in a video game. I started listening to asap rocky years before he blew up. I don't like that everyone knows him now but what can you do. If you actully listened to rap & his music, you would know that he focuses on switching up his flows mid-song. That's his specialty. Not every rapper can be a lyricist ala Jcole. The station as a whole is great even though it didn't have my favorite rappers which are, asap rocky, asap ferg, the underachievers, wiz Khalifa (when im smoking), Flatbush zombies, Hopsin, kream, Curren$y, raider klan, joey bada$$ & a lil bit of odd future. Its the best station I've heard for rap in any gta game. So glad they didn't put in faggy lil Wayne or any of young money. Or waka flaka fag squad bull sh*t. The sation could have been alot worse

Thank God there was no lil wayne in  the game, He is just straight up awful. To be honest, For me its not about the logic or complex words, Its always about the humility of the rappers, I like Lupe fiasco and DMX

wardy94
  • wardy94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

best radio station- los santos rock radio

worst radio station- the rest of them (apart from channel x)

best song- saturday nights alright for fighting or hollywood nights.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:47 AM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 09 October 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Best: Rebel Radio (Johnny Cash in a GTA soundtrack!), Channel X.. not the best but a whole lot better than most, Blaine County Radio because of Jock Cranley, and Ron's conspiracy show which reminds me of Area 53 (best show on the original WCTR).

Worst: The electronic and rap stations. Non Stop Pop is just a bland montage of generic filth, so naturally that doesn't even qualify.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Best: Los Santos Rock Radio, Rebel Radio and Non Stop Pop FM.

Worst: FlyLo FM, The Low Down FM, Radio Los Santos Channel X..

oG-DaLLaS
  • oG-DaLLaS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Lol non stop pop? Really? That radio staion is designed for chicks. You lovin that Rihanna right lol? Or maybe fergie?

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:12 PM Edited by Sam_S_Rosevelt, 09 October 2013 - 12:13 PM.

Best:

Rebel Radio, West Coast Classics, Blaine County Talk Radio.

Worst:

WCTR (Sorry Lazlow :p), Vinewood Boulevard Radio & most of East Los FM.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Lol non stop pop? Really? That radio staion is designed for chicks. You lovin that Rihanna right lol? Or maybe fergie?

I really don't care, there are some enjoyable familiar songs on there. Besides entertainment is for everyone, it isn't catered towards a certain demographic, your 'chick' argument is void. 

• Tordenkylling likes this

mogz_cf3
  • mogz_cf3

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Man I thought Non Stop Pop would be the worst station ever but the choices of songs where so good, it's one of my most listened to stations!!

Best: Non- Stop Pop, Radio Los Santos, West Coast Classics, Blue Ark, Lowdown

Worst: East Los FM (even though I like the songs "Pachuco" and "Maldito"), Flylo.

Best Song: California Soul - Marlena Shaw

Worst Song: That "beep beep beep beep beep" song on East Los FM.

As your pic is vybz kartel, it odd you like pop

A1iiiiii
  • A1iiiiii

THE CAP'N

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Best: FlyLo FM (except for the tracks by Tyler the Creator and Machinedrum, don't like them at all)

Worst: East Los FM. I loved San Juan Sounds and I was hoping for a sucessor but most tracks are   pretty terrible imo

Best Tracks:

HudMo- 100hm

Cashmere Cat - Mirror Maru

Kingdom - Stalker Ha

Flying Lotus - The Kill

Mala - Ghost

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

Marion Band$ - Hold Up

• blakeney likes this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Best: Non-Stop Pop FM & Radio Mirror Park 

Absolute Worst: East Los FM 

JBanton
  • JBanton

Mr. Nice-Guy...

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by JBanton, 09 October 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Instant win :D

GTA5Madness
  • GTA5Madness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Worldwide FM/Flylo

Pukka stations, headphones up whilst racing.. dream

• blakeney likes this

GTA5Madness
  • GTA5Madness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Best: FlyLo FM (except for the tracks by Tyler the Creator and Machinedrum, don't like them at all)

Worst: East Los FM. I loved San Juan Sounds and I was hoping for a sucessor but most tracks are   pretty terrible imo

Best Tracks:

HudMo- 100hm

Cashmere Cat - Mirror Maru

Kingdom - Stalker Ha

Flying Lotus - The Kill

Mala - Ghost

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

Marion Band$ - Hold Up

Windowlicker tho... <3

RealisticSteak
  • RealisticSteak

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

Best song: Shockwave (Gesaffelstein Remix)

Which is weird, because Gesaffelstein sucked ass at LED last May. Killed my high doe.

red1676
  • red1676

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

best is CHANNEL X and the classic rap channel( dont know name as i listen to channel x the most) rest is all garbage. the country and electronic stations can lick my balls to tyler the creator. got problem, fill the complaint jar \  /    ow look it has a hole, means your sh*t dont mean sh*t. f*ck you who disagree and f*ck your generation of sh*t

God Of GTAO
  • God Of GTAO

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

Best: Non Stop Pop

Worst: Los Santos Rock

Absolute worst in GTA history: Liberty City Hardcore

carsupra
  • carsupra

Photographer

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

I actually quite like FlyLo, seeing as I love listening to Flying Lotus. I guess I'm a bit biased.

Best: Radio Los Santos, West Coast Classics, FlyLo FM, Soulwax, WCTR, East Los FM (Just for sh*ts and giggles here and there lol. Especially running over pedestrians listening to that station) Blaine County Radio, Worldwide FM.

Worse: Rebel Radio, Channel X.

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Bleedin' Tasty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Best: Vinewood Boulevard Radio, Radio Los Santos, The Blue Ark, FlyLo FM, West Coast Classics, Soulwax FM.

Worst: WorldWide FM.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:34 AM Edited by Xerukal, 31 January 2014 - 10:35 AM.

Anyone saying they don't like Non-Stop Pop is in denial. Don't lie to yourselves, you know you love it. You know all the words to Only Girl and rock the f*ck out with Rihanna when it comes on, you cheeky pricks. ;)

ALRIGHT, FINE, I ADMIT IT! 

I sing along to "Glamorous" every single time I hear it in Trevor's strip club. So what? SO f*ckING WHAT?!

• archiebunker likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

ALRIGHT, FINE, I ADMIT IT! 

I sing along to "Glamorous" every single time I hear it in Trevor's strip club. So what? SO f*ckING WHAT?!

You think that's bad? I find myself singing along to Kelly Rowland, it's really catchy but the lyrics really don't sound good coming from me! :p

"Put it in! Work! Put it in! Work! GO HARD!!"

• archiebunker and Xerukal like this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Best: West Coast Classics, VBR, WCTR, 
Worst: Los Santos Rock Radio and most of Radio Los Santos.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Worst: Los Santos Rock Radio and
most of Radio Los Santos.

WHAT?

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Worst: Los Santos Rock Radio and
most of Radio Los Santos.

WHAT?

Just my opinion, but I'm not big into soft rock, especially in a game based around shootouts, car chases and heists. Chicago, Elton John, Kenny Loggins, The Doobie Brothers, Foreigner and the majority of the bands in this game (Def Leppard and Queen excluded) are not the badass type of rock that needs to be in a GTA game. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users