Photo

The Police are far too overpowered

212 replies to this topic
Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:09 AM Edited by Judicious 7, 28 July 2014 - 02:10 AM.

This thread is interesante (some spanish for ya). But yeah, cops are overpowered and too accurate. The whole AI is broken in this game OP. I've complained so much, when I die in the game, I don't even complain. I just look away from the screen towards an imaginary audience...

7a6.png

So done with this game..

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

Coke abusing, prostitute killing legend.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:24 AM

This thread is interesante (some spanish for ya). But yeah, cops are overpowered and too accurate. The whole AI is broken in this game OP. I've complained so much, when I die in the game, I don't even complain. I just look away from the screen towards an imaginary audience...

7a6.png

So done with this game..

:lol: sums up my reactions, unless I get 1 hit sniped with a pistol in a mission and fall down dead, then I have to do my absolute best to not take my anger out on my neighbours or even worse, my Television

AI is pathetic, but I can cope with the mission AI as generally there's a limited number of them, and you have plenty of cover.

With OP cops and infinite OP helicopter gunmen there's nothing you can do at times.

You completely escape them during a mission, only for them to refuse to give up their search and after 5 minutes evading them and 2 minutes hiding, they just ghost out of thin air to 'stumble upon you'

Or just as bad, Mr. Pig out of nowhere gets out of his car, turns down 4 alleyways and checks behind the bin you're hiding behind because he's basically God-like. 

FourTwoZero
  • FourTwoZero

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by FourTwoZero, 28 July 2014 - 02:40 AM.

The cops definately suck alot of fun out of the game. I would spend waaayyy more time on foot and have battles with people but as it is now i get shot at driving by someone so i kill them from my car and i get a txt saying "get out of the car pussy" whatever.. so i entertain him and get out kill him again then cops start showing up by the carload takes me down to almost no health then the other player shoots me once then doesnt stfu ab how he "owned me" and how "bad" i am. Lmao then i slawn with another wanted level in the same area as the 5000 cops. No thanks, ill be reverse killing everyone just to avoid being swarmed by cops on foot. Anytime i try to do anything i get a f*cking wanted level. I even took a snapmatic of a cop shooting at another player and guess what happened, i get a wanted level then he shotgunned then i respawn and bam 1 star again. I understand its a play on police brutality and everything but its being taken way to far, it was funny at first now its just f*cking annoying. In gta 6 we will get a wanted level for breaking traffic laws, speeding, running red lights..etc.
  • Godovermoney likes this

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

Try not being terrible? Its not reality, its a game mechanic. If you murder you may get stars, seems pretty straight forward. I have zero issues with them, we dont even have FIB respond to stars anymore, how dumbed down do you need your game to be?

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

Being attacked by cops because you killed a hired mercenary who was out to kill you is also a goodlaugh. For once, you can't get away with something in a fcking GTA game that you couls get away with in real life.

Bestin_theWorld
  • Bestin_theWorld

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

you honestly cant have a decent battle with another person without the cops f*cking on your ass

FourTwoZero
  • FourTwoZero

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:09 AM

Im playing an online game, im trying to have an interaction with other players not npcs with a badge and a gun everytime i try to do anything. Cant even have have nice fistfight in an alley without robo cops coming to shoot everyone with their lazer accuracy and spidey sense x-ray vision.

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

No Jones No Stones

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:17 AM

We are all lucky the LSPD isn't running around with the Auto Pistol and the Assault Shotgun, I mean you'd think the City of Los Santos would equip their officers with the finest/OP weapons. We wouldn't even be able to drive through a roadblock without getting blown up.

• LightningLord likes this

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

This might not be related as to how the police are "overpowered," but I particularly dislike how they chase after your character just for bumping into their car. They'd even get out of their car and shoot your character despite the fact that he or she wasn't posing a threat to them. Your character can drive erratically and hit other cars without stopping when the police are around, and they won't do anything about it. However, once your character's car bumps into a cop's car on the road, it's a different story. I can give Rockstar the benefit of the doubt and say that they've done that intentionally to showcase how corrupt the cops are in the setting, but the fact that every cop would react the same way just isn't realistic. It's as if Rockstar tried to force us to hate the in-game cops and make them the enemies.

• lihety likes this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

King of crap

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

A seven month old thread brought up and not locked? Where's my whiskey?

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:35 AM

Oh you're hiding in an alley and you're about to lose the cops? Jokes the cops know where you are
  • lihety likes this

Godovermoney
  • Godovermoney

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

What I hate is when I'm in a battle with someone, and the cops show up right when I'm about to shoot the person but my aim locks on to the police. There needs to be some sort of switch for that, switching from AI to actual players. Also, I'm sick of having to run around for half an hour with one bloody star! How ridiculous is that? They are far to OP'ed. I am a decent shooter, I don't claim to be the best but I get my kills in. The police make it far more difficult than it has to be. How about lobbies where there are no police?

• lihety likes this

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

200_s.gif

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:04 AM

The cops are a deterrent.  I admittedly get annoyed as well, nothing worse than to be in a gun battle with a player and for the cops to roll on you and basically help the other guy. 

• thehomelessclown1 likes this

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

Oh you're hiding in an alley and you're about to lose the cops? Jokes the cops know where you are

this I my biggest issue. I'm good at evading. And that used to work just fine. October or November you used to be able to pick a hiding spot and lose them just fine. Somewhere in the last 6 months the patches broke that game mechanic just like almost every facet of the game has been broken and repatched. I used to be able to hide on the second level of the high priority case building. 70 stories up surrounded by nothing but concrete walls. No line of sight ANYWHERE. Being spotted still reactivates at random. f*cking bullsh*t.

Now I just call Lester every f*cking time because I got the dead hooker funds to accommodate such a luxury.
  • thehomelessclown1 likes this

Cripto136
  • Cripto136

Processing...

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [Reporting]

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:36 AM Edited by Cripto136, 28 July 2014 - 05:37 AM.

I really hate their excessive force. I always try to avoid getting into a shootout with the police but that sometimes becomes hindered under certain circumstances where I'm forced to shoot them because they will fire on sight regardless of my wanted level. The very least they could do is to have them use melee attacks for anything equal or under 2 stars.

King Jose
  • King Jose

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

The cops should only be OP when you have a 5 star wanted level.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

So to sum up the issues we all despise

Cops are too accurate, they can hit you from just about any angle even when they're bleeding out on the floor. The chopper gunman himself can pull off some World Class shots from a waving chopper, whilst you're driving up a mountain half a mile away.

The spawn system is a joke, cops ghosting out of thin air to drive down places that cars aren't supposed to be I.E tunnels and train tracks.

It takes too long to lose them, and hiding doesn't work as omnipotent superhuman cops just happen to take the correct 16 turns to find you hiding in a dark corner somewhere

The logic is terrible. Possibly the worst thing about it. I am being ATTACKED by another player or even a group of hired mercs who's sole purpose in the game is to put 50 bullets into my chest. I use SELF f*ckING DEFENCE, and then the cops want me dead because I didn't let somebody kill me. 

Also, if a cop crashes in to YOU, they should not be trying to end your life. I can't possibly avoid 5 police cruisers that are driving down the wrong side of the road chasing another player. 

glass pipe
  • glass pipe

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

you guys could copy and paste your replies on this topic right here and email em to rockstar, but none of you people will do that because it takes too long
  • 8up local likes this

SkittyM
  • SkittyM

Ar-test

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

So to sum up the issues we all despise

Cops are too accurate, they can hit you from just about any angle even when they're bleeding out on the floor. The chopper gunman himself can pull off some World Class shots from a waving chopper, whilst you're driving up a mountain half a mile away.

The spawn system is a joke, cops ghosting out of thin air to drive down places that cars aren't supposed to be I.E tunnels and train tracks.

It takes too long to lose them, and hiding doesn't work as omnipotent superhuman cops just happen to take the correct 16 turns to find you hiding in a dark corner somewhere

The logic is terrible. Possibly the worst thing about it. I am being ATTACKED by another player or even a group of hired mercs who's sole purpose in the game is to put 50 bullets into my chest. I use SELF f*ckING DEFENCE, and then the cops want me dead because I didn't let somebody kill me. 

Also, if a cop crashes in to YOU, they should not be trying to end your life. I can't possibly avoid 5 police cruisers that are driving down the wrong side of the road chasing another player. 

This, all of this.

Also, please tell me im not the only one where the wanted system glitches out when your hiding?  (Even when your hiding, the stars dont blink and the minimap blinks red/blue, but you are actually in hiding)

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

hmm... damn old thread, but i see people are still complaining because they can't PvP. well as the old saying goes, if you want to PvP without being bothered by the cops/gangs/npc's then DM, it's what they were made for. only people are too lazy these days to do like that. you want to PvP in FR instead and when you do you have to deal with the consequence of of it. cops are OP and i think they should be, otherwise FR would be an even bigger PvP war zone than it is already. also if there were no cops then please tell me how GTA would not end up being another PvP shooter, which GTA is not. although a lot of people seem to think it is a PvP shooter and to me that is pretty sad way to think considering all the other stuff the game has to offer. IMO if people just want to basicly PvP then maybe your playing the wrong game.  :beerhat:

• RoyalRedXIII, FAT CURRY and Roronoa Zoro like this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

Lol I think if anything the PLAYER CHARACTER is overpowered.

I mean like, what kinda person can take on an ENTIRE police force or army base SINGLE HANDEDLY???

You tell me :p
  • 8up local and Mr.Smith187 like this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Don´t f*ck with Los Santos Police.....

t-1000.jpg

• 8up local likes this

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

I really hate their excessive force. I always try to avoid getting into a shootout with the police but that sometimes becomes hindered under certain circumstances where I'm forced to shoot them because they will fire on sight regardless of my wanted level. The very least they could do is to have them use melee attacks for anything equal or under 2 stars.

Yes. Besides, there are nightsticks and tasers in the game. Apparently, your character's existence is so much of a threat that they immediately resort to using guns.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:06 PM Edited by OurJud, 28 July 2014 - 07:07 PM.

Police seem harder online, or is that just me.

No, it's not just you. Do people remember how Rockstar made a big thing about the way players have the ability to 'hide' from the cops by staying outside their radar? In SP this works quite nicely, but online it seems almost impossible to do, with anything other than one star,

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:26 PM Edited by Mr.Smith187, 28 July 2014 - 09:20 PM.

Police seem harder online, or is that just me.

No, it's not just you. Do people remember how Rockstar made a big thing about the way players have the ability to 'hide' from the cops by staying outside their radar? In SP this works quite nicely, but online it seems almost impossible to do, with anything other than one star,

I don't seem to have much of a problem with it... but I do notice if you're out in the open and out of their radar they will tend to come your way. Try hiding on the 2nd or 3rd level of a parking garage, under a bridge corner, or in the building platform that's under construction. If you're out of radar when you enter those places, they'll never find you... even if it seems they're getting closer, just wait it out.

Also, when you commit a crime, wear a mask. Take the mask off when out of their radar and lose 1 star immediately (unless you only have 1 star, then that 1 star remains). Or if you don't have a mask on, put it on and the same thing happens.

• OurJud likes this

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Been this way since at least GTAIII, people really should figure out how to thrive.
  • Mr.Smith187 likes this

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

^^ I agree. Hell, it's half the fun of it as far as I'm concerned... can't have it all so easy.

YirbyBond00Y
  • YirbyBond00Y

James Bond + Kirby Fan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Sometimes I have the police see me through the tunnels that I'm hiding in...Damn Xray helicopters :(

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

Sometimes I have the police see me through the tunnels that I'm hiding in...Damn Xray helicopters :(

Infrared cameras. Treat the cops as if they're real... assume they have all the abilities real cops have. They're persistant, but stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users