212 replies to this topic
Vega Fve
  • Vega Fve

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

whine whine whinety whine whine whine!

Shut the f*ck up already.

No one is whining, they are making valid points.

whine whine whinety whine whine whine!

Shut the f*ck up already.

It's not whining you fat f*ck, it's making a valid complaint about an aspect of the game.

Instead of wanting improvements for anything in life, we should just be happy with what we get and leave it at that? Right?

No, f*ck off you rat.

I'm not commenting on the fact that they're making "valid points", i'm commenting on the fact that there are countless threads on the fact that some people think the cops in this game suck.

My point being:

WE f*ckING KNOW ALREADY, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT BECAUSE EVERYONE f*ckING KNOWS!!!

• Weedity and one_-AFRO-_three like this

madicea13
  • madicea13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

The cops in GTA games are always hard if you don't use cheats. Doesn't mean you suck... I hate when people say that "hahah you just suck". that is bullsh*t because I don't believe anybody can escape a 5 star cop chase in GTA 5 easily... I still think GTA III had the hardest cops.. They were really aggressive, especially when you get 6 stars. 

• one_-AFRO-_three likes this

JimmyJoeJames
  • JimmyJoeJames

I'ma hero. My methods are just different from yours.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:47 AM Edited by JimmyJoeJames, 08 October 2013 - 05:49 AM.

Wow really? The police are no where near as fast as in previous GTAs, I've beat up multiple people some times with NO police response. It all depends on where you are at and where they are. I also usually can manage to get left the scene of a crime before they even come. It's really not overpowered at all to me. I'm not sure if some of you notice the new line of sight being implemented too, you can actually hide from them now.

Oh really?

The cars go crazy and slam into me no matter how fast I am going. I have a 90% chance of getting away in GTA IV. GTA IV? 50%.

Sounds like your problem is you're not doing anything but just driving in a straight line. You have to make quick turns and once you lose them from that, get out your car and hide behind a building or in an alley or something. If you just want to have a long pursuit, stay in your car and just try to drive fast, but if you want to actually lose them, just get creative and actually cut corners (literally) and hide. It's not a problem when you figure out the new routine of the AI and line of sight feature. If you just drive straight, obviously you stay in their line of sight so they won't stop pursuing you. It's really just NEW, but it's not hard once you stop playing it like GTA 4.

manhunterlamb
  • manhunterlamb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

1 star I'm good
2 star I'm going to have problems but can still shake em
3 I'm going to die but there's a slim chance I'll make it
4 I just set the controller down and wait to die

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

Cops are fine.

You just need to get good.

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

It's not just the cops, but the AI in general has perfect aim. If a vehicle is chasing you they will hit you with every single bullet they fire. It's ridiculous how perfect their aim is. I had to turn on auto-aim to make things more fair. I understand challenge, like when you're on foot, but if you're being chased maybe a few bullets should hit you, not every single one. Guns are not as accurate as you seen in movies and games. That's why when you hear about cops getting in a shootout you hear things like the cops fired 50 bullets but only 5 hit the target. Also the cops seem to have NOS since they can catch you and ram you even if you're in a fully tuned Adder.

• ImBoss450 likes this

6YardsOut
  • 6YardsOut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Aside from the fact that they all seem to be elite marksmen, the problem i'm having is just how amazingly unrealistic the police response is on this game

Yes if I rob a shop or stab 3 people in quick succession then by all means, come and chase me.

If I kill a loan hiker on a mountain with a silenced pistol? No. Absolutely not. I do not expect cops to even know of it let alone spawn 50 yards away in a car ontop of mount Chilliad.

Also, I just kicked a car in the middle of an empty road, by the time my character resumed his normal standing position, my mini-map was flashing red & blue...

Needs toned down, it feels like the entire map is one giant police station.

The police are supposed to be expert marksmen, they train for years otherwise they would just run around holding their guns wrong and shooting people as if they were the bad guys in an action film.

And if you start killing people on top of a mountain then you should expect resistance as that could be classed as terrorism considering that a lot of people go on hiking trips for vacations, the last thing America needs is their tourism industry destroyed because people are being killed on top of mountains. 

And kicking a car could be classed as vandalism so....

Behave.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

The best only problem with police I have is the speed boost police cars get before they ram you half way across the map.

Zer0 Zoler0
  • Zer0 Zoler0

Fruitcake

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

The best only problem with police I have is the speed boost police cars get before they ram you half way across the map.

Pretty much this for me aswell.

SodaFiz
  • SodaFiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

1 star I'm good
2 star I'm going to have problems but can still shake em
3 I'm going to die but there's a slim chance I'll make it
4 I just set the controller down and wait to die

Lol that's me

JonVercetti
  • JonVercetti

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

I love the police in this game.

Makes it more challenging.

Peedy V
  • Peedy V

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

1-5 stars guide to avoiding cops. get to train tracks and keep going until your stars start flashing then stop in a tunnel. 

no road blocks. you get good speed with allmost no turns. they will rarely come onto the traintracks and if they do just pop one of their tires or something. 

works every time.

gonna do something illegal? punch some air outside a 7/11? gps nearest train track first:P

-- 

i really have no trouble with cops after i got bulletproof tires... allways easy to get away, but i love this thread so hard. laughing my ass off! i fell with yall lol. 

Farmer-smurf-420
  • Farmer-smurf-420

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:36 AM Edited by Farmer-smurf-420, 08 October 2013 - 07:37 AM.

I may be the black sheep here.

But I love how much stronger and more challenging the poilce are. I love cop killing sprees, that actually feel dangerous.

I also like how easy it easy to lose the cops when you dont want to fight them. just find a alley, or a wall or a dumpster, or run into a clothes shop and hide in the back, or behind the counter.

anywhere out of line of site, tunnels and overpasses, and houses with overhangs are good for helicops.

in the time it takes to light a J, I can ditch the cops.

or I can spend all day running and gunning the pigs.

if you have no police dots on your small mini radar, just find a hole to hide in your good to go.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Bump, so we can keep the conversation going.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Wow, so last night I tried the trick of looking behind you when racing from the cops.  Sure enough, I saw them coming at me at warp speed and then immediately slow down to a normal speed.  They crashed half the time.  It's a great trick, but I'm really annoyed at how unfair the cops are now that I've seen how ridiculously fast they catch up.

Masochron
  • Masochron

What Lies Below

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

The cops are by no means "fine". Sure, if you're skilled you can get away without much difficulty usually, but let's be realistic here...they ARE overpowered.

I hate how everywhere you turn, a cruiser spawns right in front of you. One time I turned down a street, bam, cruiser. So I turn in a different direction, bam, another cruiser. I turn in a THIRD direction, bam, yet another god damn cruiser. FFS...

InferusDeus
  • InferusDeus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by InferusDeus, 09 October 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Police shooting at me with 1 star is a little absurd. That ought to be reserved at the least for 2 stars.

Aside from that, spotting me every time I am in a stolen car is a little ridiculous. If it's a premium car with a tracker in it, then fine. If it's a little jeep that I decided to steal, there's no way they would recognize it as "stolen" just by seeing it drive by.

But most of all, I don't want the cops to come every time I shoot another player. It sort of destroys the fun of online gameplay when I can't have a shootout with someone because the cops are ten feet up my bum within three seconds of killing the other.

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

I understood the reasons for the cops spawning and zerg rushing you in large hordes.

In previous games the cops were incredibly dumb, so to compensate they attacked you in large endless hordes that zerg rushed you constantly.

Now the cops are smarter and hit harder, so having so many spawn from all sides and zerg rush you, that is way to unforgiving.

Additionally it gets increasingly ridiculous in how they quickly respawn. You kill a cop, another immediately respawns to take his place.

The helicopters you shoot down respawns immediately.

In previous games when I could not shake the helicopter support, I always shot them down but now its completely pointless as another one immediately respawns to take its place.

When you got 2 or 3 following you that also respawn just as fast, its literally impossible to shake the air support. Besides I think one helicopter is enough, anymore than that is overkill. A lot of the things the cops do in this game is overkill. (Bridges are not always gonna be available to hide under.)

The Noose that shoot you when riding on those SUVS are just as bad, how can you be so dang accurate when riding off a moving SUV shooting at a moving target? When you get rammed head on by those things, they take you out before you even get the chance to run. Those cops should not be using auto aim in vehicles if we cannot, especially those helicopters as well.

They are so accurate even from a great distance, even when outside of range of your auto aim.

While we struggle with free aim to lock onto our targets they have over half your health down by the time you get your crosshairs locked onto them, its even harder when you are driving at the same time.

So basically in a nutshell, these old tactics of "Spawn lots of cops, zerg rush player all at once" mechanic is out of date with the times.

With the cops being smarter, and harder than ever before the cops should no longer behave this way.

ASDF0716
  • ASDF0716

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

I REALLY hate the shooting at a 1 star level.

If I steal a wallet on a crowded street... and a cop sees me and immediately pulls out his service weapon and shoots at me...

He would go to prison.
  • Lisha likes this

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

The cops ruin online fun completely. Worst f*cking thing about this game.
  • Lisha likes this

Hoosierdaddy76
  • Hoosierdaddy76

Are friends electric?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

Was running missions with crew mates the other night and a buddy got a car from the mission that he wanted to keep. Me and another buddy were outside LSC while he was getting it resprayed and sort of started play-fighting and punching each other and whatnot. Then he pulls out a crowbar and starts beating on my car, so I jump on top of his Entity and kick in the windows. Immediately, I get a wanted level and two squad cars (one from both sides) swarm me telling me to "Just give up!"

Talk about a buzz-kill. :miranda:

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:32 AM Edited by biggsull, 29 November 2013 - 02:44 AM.

If anything they are underpowered, they dont even break your face for riding your bike on the sidewalk! How unrealistic.

Worth watching for 3:50 where he gives voice to someones words in the tone of kermit the frog :D

Until I need to worry about a police sniper shooting my wife through the head as she holds my baby, while in my apartment, until they spray children up the back with an mp5, the police arent realistic. (Ruby Ridge)

BTW he was exhonerated, the man they were after... after they shot his whole family pretty much, for nothing. So until cops randomly come up and blast you for nothing.. well you get the point.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

I like them on sometimes and sometimes I wish they weren't there. We had the option to turn them off in GTA IV, I was surprised to see we couldn't do it on this.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

Cops are so OP that sometimes if you go underground with a 4 star wanted level or higher, they start ghosting underground (you can't see them but their shotgun muzzle flashes still kill you) Just another way GTAV suffers from GTAIV syndrome.. V.2

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

Coke abusing, prostitute killing legend.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

I come back to see the cops are still disgusting

Was doing a mission, hid in a tunnel on some train tracks, a cop literally appears out of thin air and just happens to be driving along the train tracks underground. 

Ok then. How can it be remotely good to have an omnipotent super-cop army that can ghost out of thin air just to find you? 

Oh and it f*cks me off to no end when a Cop is chasing somebody else, goes down the wrong side of the motherf*cking road, crashes into you despite your best attempts to avoid it, and then they have the audacity to try and shoot you to death.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:20 AM

cops were better in gta 4.  now if you drive straight, they will just ram into you at 500 mph.  not to mention that a cop spawns on every single road in front of you.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:22 AM Edited by Trevor Philips Inc, 28 July 2014 - 01:22 AM.

Yep. Still waiting to hear R*'s official reasoning behind me sniping somebody with a silencer in the middle of nowhere, with no witnesses only to have Robocop and his f*cking crew spawn 40 yards infront of me ready to take me down. It literally feels like God is coming down from the heavens to f*ck you up

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

i agree with the whole police overpower thing.....i swear they have bullets that follow you...its stupid how when im driving really fast, they are able to somehow hit me from 400 feet away....with handguns...while I'm driving....f*kin stupid...

Bullets are faster then cars

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

Still doesn't explain how a cop that's been shot twice, lying on the floor bleeding out at an angle can clip me twice in the head half way down the street zig-zagging at 90mph

• lihety likes this

Sneakerfeen11
  • Sneakerfeen11

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

Overpowered or overpowering?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users