Photo

The Police are far too overpowered

212 replies to this topic
psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

to the people complaining about police cars catching up it's slip streaming. i think it makes it more fun so you can't just drive really quick away you have to plan or hide. also they do not catch up to full speed suped up cars they can just keep up with you. if they are catching up your not going full speed. as for the aiming i do agree they need to miss more and not be so accurate out of heli's or even driving. the sealth option helps but i also agree with if i kill someone with no one around with a silenced pistol they should not be called. One thing to note though is that even if they are called especially in the country just go off road and after driving for a few seconds your out of the flashing area and just hide. it's way easy. i think it'd be nice to choose options in single player like cops off and other types just like they have auto aim option.

psychadelic145
  • psychadelic145

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

another thing i want to address is the "spawning" i mean really guys if you have 2 or even 3 stars if you're in a police chase they call other cops to help block main road ways or even patrol. i have very seldomly seen them "spawn" within my minimap they always start near the edge as if they are just entering visability. it's not like all cops are going to be behind you. it's more advanced and again adds skill to oh i will just drive fast in a straight line to get rid of them!

namenotneeded2
  • namenotneeded2

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Gang members aren't that nice either. I just played a mission where you have to destroy the gang's vehicles, but I only had a gas can to use. Their accuracy is comparable to a consistent, trained shooter, plus they seem to continuously spawn around the cars before showing up on the radar.

mattfab
  • mattfab

Pro

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

I admit the cops do get frustrating at times. I did feel the cops were kinda easy to escape on iv, and I'm glad they are more challenging, but it gets ridiculous sometimes

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

to the people complaining about police cars catching up it's slip streaming. i think it makes it more fun so you can't just drive really quick away you have to plan or hide. also they do not catch up to full speed suped up cars they can just keep up with you. if they are catching up your not going full speed. as for the aiming i do agree they need to miss more and not be so accurate out of heli's or even driving. the sealth option helps but i also agree with if i kill someone with no one around with a silenced pistol they should not be called. One thing to note though is that even if they are called especially in the country just go off road and after driving for a few seconds your out of the flashing area and just hide. it's way easy. i think it'd be nice to choose options in single player like cops off and other types just like they have auto aim option.

Yes we all know slip streaming/drafting exists.  But the adder has a 0-60 time of less than 3 seconds and a top speed of over 200 mph.  There should be zero drafting at any speed (not just full speed) because the cars that the police drive in this game never get close to any of those numbers. The same goes for most of the super cars in this game.

Sticky Pads
  • Sticky Pads

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I have no problem evading a 1-3 star wanted level in single player.  It feels like it takes longer for the wanted level to clear in GTAO.  Robbing stores is supposed to be a quick way to make a little cash, but it takes far to long to evade even the 2-star wanted level, so it's not really worth it.  Ditto with stealing cars since you get a 1-star every time you pass a cop in a stolen car, unlike in single player (it IS called Grand Theft Auto, so wtf??)

• M210F likes this

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Aside from the fact that they all seem to be elite marksmen, the problem i'm having is just how amazingly unrealistic the police response is on this game

Yes if I rob a shop or stab 3 people in quick succession then by all means, come and chase me.

If I kill a loan hiker on a mountain with a silenced pistol? No. Absolutely not. I do not expect cops to even know of it let alone spawn 50 yards away in a car ontop of mount Chilliad.

Also, I just kicked a car in the middle of an empty road, by the time my character resumed his normal standing position, my mini-map was flashing red & blue...

Needs toned down, it feels like the entire map is one giant police station.

well haven't you noticed? It is one giant police station. I feel like there is a f*cking UAV in the air watching your every move. I constantly look up to see if there is. I just want the time to get rid of your wanted level fixed. Takes way too long.

this actually makes sense considering there are FIB marked UFOs out there......

THE FIB IS WATCHING YOU!!!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

I don't find them that hard online

the other players seem to help spread the police force around a bit

the stolen car thing can be a bit annoying but I like it

the gangs in missions however can be a pain in the ass, I usually just stop and take cover to kill any pursuers because their accuracy from moving vehicles is ridiculous

AntonChigurh
  • AntonChigurh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

the cops come at me for standing there doing nothing sometimes.  I feel like 90% of free roam is running from the cops and it takes forever to get rid of them.  It usually takes at least 2 minutes of flashing stars for them to go away.

also every single time you die your car gets impounded and then as soon as you hop the fence there are 10 cops there to shoot you in the impound lot. 

I remember a guy shot at me while I was driving away, I get 2 stars for that.  It's pretty stupid.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yes we all know slip streaming/drafting exists.  But the adder has a 0-60 time of less than 3 seconds and a top speed of over 200 mph.  There should be zero drafting at any speed (not just full speed) because the cars that the police drive in this game never get close to any of those numbers. The same goes for most of the super cars in this game.

It is not slip streaming, that only works player to player.  if you press r3 and watch the cops behind you they will never catch you, they straight up f*cking cheat and slam into the back of you at twice your speed.  If you watch them they are forced to drive normally and they even crash. try it sometime and you will see.  Its the only way to go on a straight high speed chase, you have to constantly switch view to see where u are oging and to watch them so they dont cheat, annoying but works and they cant unrealistically catch u then.

another thing i want to address is the "spawning" i mean really guys if you have 2 or even 3 stars if you're in a police chase they call other cops to help block main road ways or even patrol. i have very seldomly seen them "spawn" within my minimap they always start near the edge as if they are just entering visability. it's not like all cops are going to be behind you. it's more advanced and again adds skill to oh i will just drive fast in a straight line to get rid of them!

if you go straight they will always spawn in front of you about a block and ahalf and on both sides and behind, roads permitting.  If you are hauling balls they only spawn in front of you, if you go slow they surround you, its pretty funny.

captain_MD
  • captain_MD

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Cops are definitely annoying but evading them can be entertaining. What I've noticed: 1-3 stars relatively easy, basic concept get away from line of sight (alley, off-road, garages, construction sites, bushes, trees, roofs, etc), when stars flashing I've found that getting out if your car and entering another one instantly removes your stars, if being chased and they're ramming you, open up your map to see where they're coming from and take frequent turns, 9 times out if 10 they will crash themselves and you'll find that your stars are flashing. When this happens immediately carry out your normal routine (hiding in alleys, bushes, etc) and you'll evade them no probs. Also, if you're on a 5 star level, I've found heading to the subway tunnel got them completely off my back. I was shocked. Wasn't even in a car, just kept running and running and they finally stopped magically spawning inside the tunnel. Anyways, happy gaming. Cheers.

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Speaking of the gangs does anybody else feel its too hard to sneak attack? Unless you are enormously far away with a sniper (be it night time or behind cover or on a roof) the moment you target any enemies they are all alerted to you?

I aimed in to get a better view and it targeted somebody that wasnt even facing me, next thing they are all running at me!

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

Speaking of the gangs does anybody else feel its too hard to sneak attack? Unless you are enormously far away with a sniper (be it night time or behind cover or on a roof) the moment you target any enemies they are all alerted to you?

I aimed in to get a better view and it targeted somebody that wasnt even facing me, next thing they are all running at me!

Yes, I tried this out on Violent Duct. You can be far away undetected with the reticle right next to someone's head, but once you move it on them and it turns red they know you're there and start shooting. Absolutely f*cking realistic I must say.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

Coke abusing, prostitute killing legend.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

Yeah they're oversensitive. Aim a gun at somebody from a ridiculous distance and they'll turn around and pop you.

Plus stealth has no meaning, considering stealth killing somebody in an abandoned farm gets the local redneck sherrifs in a frenzy before your knife is back in your pocket.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

Coke abusing, prostitute killing legend.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

Starting to see a pattern actually tbh

They've overpowered everything to compensate for how sh*t A.I normally are in games. Like I said, I like a challenge. But in a realistic way. Not people with super-human powers.

Looks like the gangs in los santos are all former S.A.S or straight out of a Marvel comic.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

To help with cop cars, let off the accelerator as they hit you and hit it just after they make contact, Car should wiggle a little if you're going in a straight line but you should be ok if the tyres are on flat tarmac. (Hit a curb and you might spin out, drains also seem to be a different surface {Ones that spark if you shoot them}) 

But yeah... I mean how do the cops catch up? I mean driving in a cop car full speed... and they catch up and speed up to go faster than you? In the exact same car?

They slip streaming you. A car following you in a straight line is going to move faster than you. Even if the exact same car. Your car is breaking all the air, they just following you through the hole you are making. Which they have more overall power.

But It's unfair since players don't receive the same benefits. Just like how all Cops and bad guys are Marksmen. It's unfair to the player since NPC's by default use a different system.

aussiemcgr
  • aussiemcgr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

Go spend 2 minutes up a hill. Even if the cops see you go up there, they don't follow, and eventually lose you, lol. That's as long as you don't have a heli on your ass, of course. Also, it works the same way as in GTA 4, where if you duck into an ally and take a car real fast (preferably silently killing any witnesses), you can drive right past a cop without them spotting you. When your icon in the minimap goes gray, it means you are incognito.

I hit an armored car and apparently killed both cops fast enough where they couldn't get a description. I "hid" on the other side of the street in my car. Cops were frantically racing past without realizing I was the one who robbed them, lol

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

Police are good. Keeps u on your toes.

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

Professional Tank Griefer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

Go to the xbox store and press B to back out again, you'll lose any cops on you  :lol:

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

Go to the xbox store and press B to back out again, you'll lose any cops on you  :lol:

Dude you have Violent Duct as your name...so please tell me how I get it?

I'm level 17

Gerald does not give me the mission when I phone him, wtf

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

I Think they should have a certain amount of police officers per player, after killing 1 it takes several seconds for it to respond. They should also tone down the marksmen stuff, and how their cars can suddenly get a speed boost and bump you hard.

aussiemcgr
  • aussiemcgr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

They should also tone down the marksmen stuff, and how their cars can suddenly get a speed boost and bump you hard.

I feel like the cops' driving is about right. I mean, if you think your car can outrun a cop car in real life, lol, forget about it. The cops in the game obviously make contact with you more than they would in real life (a real cop wouldn't try to spin you out in the middle of a busy road or ram you into a tree), but when they do try to pit you, they get on your bumper before they make their move (which is what they do in GTA5).

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

Professional Tank Griefer

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:50 AM Edited by Violent Duct, 08 October 2013 - 02:51 AM.

Dude you have Violent Duct as your name...so please tell me how I get it?

I'm level 17

Gerald does not give me the mission when I phone him, wtf

Complete all of Gerald's missions at least once to unlock it.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

This is really strange. I have never really had a problem with the police in V. I can agree that they are more powerful than IV, but come on... the police in IV had the worst aim, the slowest vehicles and complete absence of tactics. At least now police chases are challenging and satisfying.

However, my only gripe is that of police randomly spawning on Chiliad. If Rockstar fixed this I would be happy, I just hope they do not tone down the popo
  • Futo likes this

JimmyJoeJames
  • JimmyJoeJames

I'ma hero. My methods are just different from yours.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

whine whine whinety whine whine whine!

Shut the f*ck up already.

I really have to agree. It seems like people aren't willing to just learn to new way of getting away from cops now. I almost wish it was harder because I typically manage to leave the scene before they even come or just do something stupid sometimes to make it harder. It's not always that easy, but it's definitely not that hard once you get the hang of the new system.

caseclosedjk
  • caseclosedjk

Forum Bastard

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

Wow really? The police are no where near as fast as in previous GTAs, I've beat up multiple people some times with NO police response. It all depends on where you are at and where they are. I also usually can manage to get left the scene of a crime before they even come. It's really not overpowered at all to me. I'm not sure if some of you notice the new line of sight being implemented too, you can actually hide from them now.

Oh really?

The cars go crazy and slam into me no matter how fast I am going. I have a 90% chance of getting away in GTA IV. GTA IV? 50%.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

Problems I've noticed with the police.
1) They have such advanced aim like some kind of Hitman.
2) When you turn around a corner, there is another police officer (random spawning).
3) A police NPC flying a helicopter is way quicker than a player flying it.
4) They seem to magically catch up to you in a speed chase and ram you, regardless of how faster your car is.
5) Regardless of how sneaky you are, if you knock someone out, the police automatically know.
6) The police are psychic and know when you're going to commit a crime.
7) The Driving Speed... it should be slowed down, a police cruiser can not outrun a Dominion..

one_-AFRO-_three
  • one_-AFRO-_three

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

What do you guys not know how to evade?
Find a tunnel, hide under over passes run for the hills.

Don't forget everyone has cell phones with 911 on speed dial. I actually listened as a witness place a 911 call on me, it however was his last call.

Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Grand Theft Auto Online

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

ya f*ck cops bro ! XD  XD X

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:56 AM Edited by mulder84, 08 October 2013 - 04:01 AM.

I was on a repo mission online, took the car and naturally cops were on my tail. No problem, I broke their line of sight, sped into a high class residential district, entered someone else's gated grounds. Then out of nowhere, the cops from far away entered the district (they didn't see me going in), and OF ALL THE HOUSES in the district, they freaking STOPPED AND WAITED right outside the house I was hiding in! The only thing that saved my ass is that I was separated by a wall, and they (of all things) didn't know how to enter the auto gates. Seriously, are they a psychic or something? No helis, no bystanders, and they could pinpoint THE EXACT HOUSE I was hiding!

This is my primary beef with Rockstar, not even problematic online servers. OP psychic cops who knew YOU committed a crime on a mountain top (and have cop cars fly over tops of the mountain just for you), bullets that does the bullsh*t midair curve into your face like the movie 'Wanted', and peds who called the cops the moment you looked at them wrong (no interaction, I just LOOKED in his direction)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users