Photo

The Police are far too overpowered

212 replies to this topic
Shakengandulf
  • Shakengandulf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

If i had to sum Gta 5 up in one word, it would be "unbalanced".

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

I agree with everything here.  A re-balance is in order.

Realistic? Can you imagine if this was how the police were in real life? lol   It would be like a bad spin off of the movie Minority report.  People getting shot by the police as the crime is still happening.  Yes I say shot, because even with 1 star, the police decide its justifiable to use violent force to take you down regardless of whether or not you have a weapon.

In my opinion, the order of importance for re-balance is as follows:

1) Getting stars 

2) Police response

The stories of people getting a star for a silenced kill on Mt. Chiliad are all the proof we need that both the acquiring of a star and the response time it takes for police to get to your location are OP.

3) AI accuracy

I can somewhat understand the police being good with weapons, but a farmer on a dirt bike chasing me down because I drove through his field, should not be able to kill me within 5 shots in a chase.

As it stands, I spend most of my time running and hiding from the police.  When it ends, guess what?  My car has been impounded and now I have to go through it again to get my car back.

Also did anyone else notice the lack of FIB presence online?  It's probably because the majority of us can't survive long enough to live past the 3rd star, or have opted for the 5 min wait under a bridge doing the jerk off animation for our characters while we wait.

I love the game, but some changes should be made

BoogieManFL
  • BoogieManFL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

The cops in online mode are extremely tedious and boring. The omniscient super response time they have is absolute bullsh*t.

piyf
  • piyf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

It's easy to get away from them in that desert near Trevors, that's where I go to if I have a 3* or above.

You go all the way out there for just 3 stars? 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

How many times has a thread identical to this been made?

About 20, 000.

It's actually really easy to get away from cops but they spawn to close fast and always hit you with gunfire. You can't really go on high speed chases because they cheat and have unlimited speed UNLESS you hold r3 and look at them, then they crash all the time and drive slower and I've even had them stop for red lights a couple times, lol! Downside is you can't see where you're going. You just have to turn corners constantly and you will lose them in like 5 seconds then you just gotta stay out of blue cones for 5 minutes. Boring as f*ck. You can always lose them in tunnels, they never follow in there or drive up the side of the Mountain, they won't follow unless they see you go off road. They always spawn about a block and a half or so in front of you and onboth sides when blue cones are out, so never go straight too long and watch the mini map. R3 works great so learn to drive by letting it go for a second to see and then look behind at the cops until you lose them then go hide for 5 minutes till stars go away. You will never fear 2 stars ever when you Master these tricks. You won't fear any if you are close to tunnel, do drop a way point at the entrance of them on your map, lol!

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

How many times has a thread identical to this been made?

Enough times to warrant attention. Clearly if it's being talked about this much, it needs to be looked at.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

Police honestly ruin the Crooked Cop game mode.

You grab the evidence, avoid the enemy players, then get 1-hit killed by a police officer with a shotgun, at full health.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:32 AM Edited by sultangris, 07 October 2013 - 03:32 AM.

the bullsh*t take 5 seconds to start your car every time problem is life or death sometimes,lol!  WTF does it shut off for in the first place? it always stayed running in previous games, like any f*cking moron whos gonna rob a store or commit a crime and wants a quick as possible getaway is gonna shut the engine off, huge fail rockstar, huge, lol!

• SodaFiz likes this

Finaldeath
  • Finaldeath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

My only complaints with the police in this game are how long it takes to lose your wanted level after getting away from the cops and how cops just spawn on top of you and every now and then they see you behind a hill or wall well out of their "cone of sight" and in some cases right through a building. But other than that i kind of like how the cops are now, specially how they go out of their way to find you like getting out of their car and walk down alleys looking for you and bringing dogs to chase you down.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

My only complaints with the police in this game are how long it takes to lose your wanted level after getting away from the cops and how cops just spawn on top of you and every now and then they see you behind a hill or wall well out of their "cone of sight" and in some cases right through a building. But other than that i kind of like how the cops are now, specially how they go out of their way to find you like getting out of their car and walk down alleys looking for you and bringing dogs to chase you down.

yea that is highly annoying.  They always spawn in front of you about a block and half on the road you are on, behind you, and on both sides, they know exactly where you are and come right to ya so you just have to keep moving and turning and stay ahead of them and not get cornered, its pretty boringly easy and then waiting 5 minutes to lose the stars is not fun at all, super lame, lol!

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

Good rant.

Vega Fve
  • Vega Fve

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

whine whine whinety whine whine whine!

Shut the f*ck up already.

• JimmyJoeJames likes this

M1CHA3L
  • M1CHA3L

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

Aside from the fact that they all seem to be elite marksmen, the problem i'm having is just how amazingly unrealistic the police response is on this game

Yes if I rob a shop or stab 3 people in quick succession then by all means, come and chase me.

If I kill a loan hiker on a mountain with a silenced pistol? No. Absolutely not. I do not expect cops to even know of it let alone spawn 50 yards away in a car ontop of mount Chilliad.

Also, I just kicked a car in the middle of an empty road, by the time my character resumed his normal standing position, my mini-map was flashing red & blue...

Needs toned down, it feels like the entire map is one giant police station.

A little birdy told them!

sascha_winter
  • sascha_winter

angry sack

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:36 AM Edited by sascha_winter, 07 October 2013 - 05:38 AM.

No one is whining, they are making valid points.

i40west
  • i40west

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

I think a rebalance is in order. I mean, you rob a store in Sandy Shores and shoot the clerk, and get three stars: fair enough, you just killed a guy. But a helicopter suddenly spawns 500 yards away? In the middle of the desert? Please. No way the police department out there has helicopters already in the air for that.

And the police cars will spawn in front of you even on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. Like, please.

Escaping them is fun, and everything, but let's be reasonable.

lord6zero
  • lord6zero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

It is very frustrating and absolutely ridiculous how cops and heli's spawn in the most random of places. In my opinion there should be a set low number of actual police/heli spawn points around the map and they must actually travel from that spot in order to get to you. that would be very realistic as in some locations they'd get to you quickly and in remote desert locations it will take a few minutes for them to even know what happened.

one of the most frustrating parts about the police AI to me is when you're trying to dodge their cars, it's like they make the police NPC's LITERALLY mirror your actions the millisecond you do it, i swerve left they immediately swerve right, it's just bullsh*t I can feel the game mirroring everything I do to catch me.

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hopped out of my busted car to steal one of theirs, all their cars despawned so I had no cover and no car.

Kingshigh_TwistedIntention
  • Kingshigh_TwistedIntention

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Shoot back.

Chaos-Elite
  • Chaos-Elite

Seeker

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

I'm just wondering if changing the mask or glasses to remove a wanted star works with more than one person in the car. I tried as the robber and driver and it didn't work. Maybe if everyone in the car does it it will work? Or maybe not. It would be good to know, because it kinda takes a bit of the fun out of robbing stores with a friend when you start getting 3 and 4 stars straight away.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

I like how the cops in game are over powered. For me it makes it fun to try to out run & out gun them down.

Only problem is that in online mode at the police stations they don't leave their cars out in the open to hijack or bomb them.

One thing I don't like tho is randomly when logging in & leaving the garage they already have 2 stars on me when I had been offline for 8 hours or so.

Thier aim is like guided rockets. I find using the mountains best to out run them they all clump up at the bottom of the hill and I just lob granades at them

I kinda wish they had officers in ATVs or four wheel drive trucks to hunt the mountains too. That would be fun times right there!

Doing stunts in the city while being hinted by cops is soooo flicker awesome! I love that stuff

They need more motorcycle cops like I donno some super cops on rocket bikes to increase the intensity of the chase and let them shoot while on bike.

The noose are week tho IMO well sorta they can't drive they try to set up a road block which never works LoL well.... Most of the time never works.

When multiple people are being chased in the city the cops are kinda jittery too.

They don't know who to chase exactly from what I see which makes it easier to just bomb them and run! Still fun tho I look forward to the rocket launcher to blow up the police helicopters when under a chase.

theENIGMATRON
  • theENIGMATRON

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

I dont think the cops are that bad, 

Okay maybe some times when you pickup a Vehicle thats stolen and they spot you can be annoying, 

But a quick burn around the corner and its easy win. 

I was stuggling to get coppers on me yesterday, Ended up with 4 starts a straight burn down the road and under a bridge from the coppers and avoided it. 

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

Coke abusing, prostitute killing legend.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

It's not whining you fat f*ck, it's making a valid complaint about an aspect of the game.

Instead of wanting improvements for anything in life, we should just be happy with what we get and leave it at that? Right?

No, f*ck off you rat.

braincell
  • braincell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by braincell, 07 October 2013 - 03:59 PM.

i can agree they shouldn't come when using silenced weapons on a desolte place.

anyway it's a only game so there's a cheat if u want to lose cops:

Lower wanted level

While playing the game, quickly press RB(2), B, RT, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Totally agree, police and enemy ai shouldnt be able to hit you when your driving 150mph and they are hundreds of feet behind me.

Crookid
  • Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by Crookid, 07 October 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Nothing says epic like a 30 minute police chase.

The police are fine. I'd rather them fix the exploits then worry about the babies who don't want to plan robberies or get annoyed because they don't know robbing stores consecutively without a mask gives more stars.

Learning mechanics > complaining about them.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

i can agree they shouldn't come when using silenced weapons on a desolte place.

anyway it's a only game so there's a cheat if u want to lose cops:

Lower wanted level

While playing the game, quickly press RB(2), B, RT, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left.

This is about online mate. Although a lot of the complaints are shared with single player anyway.

I just think the main problem is how cops know exactly what you're doing at all times. Kind of ruins the feel of 'getting away with something' because within 2 seconds of doing something the game deems as being 'wrong' the cops are all over you.

Then the secondary issue is obviously their pinpoint accuracy.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Nothing says epic like a 30 minute police chase.

The police are fine. I'd rather them fix the exploits then worry about the babies who don't want to plan robberies or get annoyed because they don't know robbing stores consecutively without a mask gives more stars.

Learning mechanics > complaining about them.

I have no problem escaping the cops, that's not my personal point. It's ok 'learning' mechanics and all, but there is no way around kicking a car door on mount chilliad and having a tactical response team prepping to gun you down within 20 seconds.

WreckinBall
  • WreckinBall

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by WreckinBall, 07 October 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Please for the love of sanity, lets not start going on that anything in gta online that attacks you needs changing or god forbid balancing, im loving the challenge tbh, the mission on hard are really hard espec the rp35+ ones, I find just driving as far and as fast as you can is best for the gabbas, you gota realise they are chasing a possible 15 other peeps and if they see ya it sets off again.and you have got lesters remove wanted for 500 too.and just to add ive been playing since 11.35 gmt on day of launch everyday its an A.I world the police right now are far more difficult that on oct 1st, its a case of get better at tne game, use a mic and co, operate with others and not rant on about ruining the game with "needs balancing!!"so many games get ruined because of this.

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

I find its not just the police its any ai with a gun. 90% of the time you are unable to pop up from cover and get one shot off without being hit (gangs). Police cars seem to have nitro making an infernus look like a faggio. My biggest hate tho is the way they seem to be able to sniff you out and follow your exact path and conviniently turn down the same alley as you. Frequently ill be making a getaway while they are searching and a car will spawn in facing away from me down the road and the moment i stop no matter how far I am they decide to turn around it is BULLsh*t!

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Please for the love of sanity, lets not start going on that anything in gta online that attacks you needs changing or god forbid balancing, im loving the challenge tbh, the mission on hard are really hard espec the rp35+ ones, I find just driving as far and as fast as you can is best for the gabbas, you gota realise they are chasing a possible 15 other peeps and if they see ya it sets off again.and you have got lesters remove wanted for 500 too.and just to add ive been playing since 11.35 gmt on day of launch everyday its an A.I world the police right now are far more difficult that on oct 1st, its a case of get better at tne game, use a mic and co, operate with others and not rant on about ruining the game with "needs balancing!!"so many games get ruined because of this.

I'm all for a challenge, and i'm loving that the missions are actually tense. Not just getting behind cover and spraying 20 enemies before you take a hit. BUT

I just don't like the super-unrealistic traits of the police. Having a 24/7 UAV drone looking over you, cops spawning in places that cars ought not to be, and then the actual game telling you to hide in alleyways to evade the police, only for one random super-cop to use his spidey sense and all of a sudden make the correct 4 turns and find you behind a dust-bin 2 minutes into your hiding, only to tediously restart the entire process again.

Challenging games are good

inexplicably super-intelligent cops in a game full of normal people is not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users