Photo

The Police are far too overpowered

212 replies to this topic
KingGladiator
  • KingGladiator

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

The only issue I have is with choppers. They have insane range and super high speeds making it so that there are only a few locations where you can hide from them, and when you CAN hide from them the cruisers can just use their telepathy to pull your GPS location from your brain and home in on you. I wouldn't be surprised if you jumped in a dumpster and a hundred cops gathered around and said "HEY LETS LOOK IN HERE!"

• stevean2 likes this

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Let's not forget the warp drives that seem to come standard on all police cruisers and enable them to rear end a fully upgraded Bugatti Veyron going full speed on a straight stretch airport runway. 

Speaking of cars, f*ck these NPC drivers. In IV if you hit a car they'd swerve and stop driving for a second to either get out or sit there and then drive off. Not completely realistic or anything, but still easier to deal with than these AI douchebags who will dart into your lane and then play bumper cars at 80 mph and send you into a chunk of wall.

I noticed them ramming me on a bike that they shouldn't have been able to keep up with.

It's also just so annoying when they ram you and it's like a scripted shunt to the side.
Atleast have them dynamic.

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

I don't mind the difficulty of them. It's really not that hard to get away from 3 stars. What annoys the sh*t of me, anything illegal you do, they are chasing you. I once took a cab and the second I got out I had one star. Like WTF when is riding in a cab illegal?!!

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

The only issue I have is with choppers. They have insane range and super high speeds making it so that there are only a few locations where you can hide from them, and when you CAN hide from them the cruisers can just use their telepathy to pull your GPS location from your brain and home in on you. I wouldn't be surprised if you jumped in a dumpster and a hundred cops gathered around and said "HEY LETS LOOK IN HERE!"

In the countryside I find it helpful to hide in a bush after escaping sight, but yeah I see what you're saying. Sometimes I get those godmodding cops who manage to pinpoint my exact location and run straight towards me.

satanicaleviathan
  • satanicaleviathan

silencer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

It is really bad.

The other day I was just riding a bike up a mountain, then, in front of me a police helicopter actually flys up from under the ground. It sends me flying and I die. There was a player nearby who was wanted.

HAH

I <3 cops

FUBAR1991
  • FUBAR1991

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

Only problem I've got with the police is they seem to have infinite mass some times. I'll be driving a huge SUV try an ram them or spin them out nothing happens. But if they just tap my car/truck I go spinning.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

Yeah the police are getting pretty obnoxious. I hope Rockstar tones them down a little. 

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

I noticed you can usually get away with one crime (assault, car theft, murder), but if you commit a second one the cops come after you.  

I think the best way to elude the cops, especially with just one or two stars, is on foot.  I've noticed 99% of people online never work on their stealth rating at all.  If you have a high stealth rating, you not only elude the police much faster than normal, but it makes it much harder for them to spot your character or notice him/her making noise.

damn...

a 10

i40west
  • i40west

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

Try throwing a punch into the air outside the door of a convenience store. Before your arm even stops swinging, you have a star.

• wallpaper42 likes this

Coltfanjay
  • Coltfanjay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Today, for the hour I actually got to play, I was on the freeway after a gas station stick up, where I didn't kill the clerk. 3 stars, and cops literally like every 500 yds on the road, either heading towards or away from me. Plus 2 choppers. My guy might need to go back to the airport and get on a plane to Liberty City

Marck527
  • Marck527

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

Yeah it's dumb even at 1 star they shoot to kill, they don't chase you to hit you anymore like in previous gta.

Rockwheels
  • Rockwheels

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:23 AM Edited by Rockwheels, 06 October 2013 - 04:24 AM.

Hmm so NSA are the ones that know I killed someone on Mount Chilliad... Or maybe it's just that damn UFO flying around #aliensarethefib

bobblunderbust
  • bobblunderbust

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:24 AM

I find it easy and fun to get them off me

ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

this emoticon perfectly describes every encounter I have with the cops

:miranda: :miranda: :miranda: :miranda: :miranda: :miranda: :miranda: :miranda: :miranda:

QuantumFlux20
  • QuantumFlux20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

stfu you little bitch, its gta.. get over it

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

This vertical line, I watch it go by.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

For some odd reason, if you are cruising around Los Santos and see Police cars chasing a player with a wanted level, the cops will go out of their way to deliberately crash into your vehicle for no reason and get rewarded a wanted level of your own. It's really stupid. Sometimes the cops will crash head on into your vehicle.

OneTimeDowner
  • OneTimeDowner

Helping Hand

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

My experience with many people online is that it seems they are playing with their feet. Not able to drive in a straight line without completely messing up the car. If that is the standard I am not surprised people find the Police in GTA V "too hard"... you can escape in a ready-mix truck by just driving and turning every now and then.

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I would like to see the AI's long range accuracy toned back a bit. I was doing the orange dominator repo last night and was being hit inside the dominator moving at top speed swerving in and out of traffic by gang members in a chase vehicle I couldn't even see. They were stuck on one side of a bridge over the canal and I was off the bridge on the other side.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Man, you guys need to go join Club Penguin or something.

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by Celticfang, 06 October 2013 - 04:51 PM.

The sole thing I dislike is the bullsh*t spawns.

For instance, I got a garage in Paleto Bay. I got a wanted level going through there. Fair enough, I shot at a car and got a deserved star for that. However, I was watching the map and the cop dots came after me. Fair enough so far. So I outrun them in my Elegy after one went down the cliff (which was hilarious)....

And cop cars spawn OUT OF NOWHERE on the road ahead of me. I mean the map's gray, no cop vision cones, then suddenly flashing red/blue again. Okay who saw me? I can be going flat out at 190+ and have cop cars suddenly show up where there wasn't one two seconds ago.

Also, civilian drivers trying to wreck me. Wow!

EDIT: Lolwut, hiding UNDER a bridge, had a cop on top of the bridge see me. I was in cover pressed up against one of the pillars in the middle. How?

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

Coke abusing, prostitute killing legend.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

stfu you little bitch, its gta.. get over it

Shut up you pathetic little piece of sh*t, no wonder you act big online because outside of the internet you're a f*cking nobody. Man if only your junkie parents got an abortion instead of deciding to keep you around for the child benefits they recieve. f*cking waste of space, you should O.D and do the World a favour you f*cking freak.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

Coke abusing, prostitute killing legend.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yeah you need to go fast to get away from the cops, but going faster gives you less time to react to an insta-spawned cop car.

It's a broken system tbh.

Deified13
  • Deified13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hopefully with enough pressure rockstar will do some rebalancing.

EllenPage-Mathers
  • EllenPage-Mathers

Ellen Page <3

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

It's easy to get away from them in that desert near Trevors, that's where I go to if I have a 3* or above.

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Yeah you need to go fast to get away from the cops, but going faster gives you less time to react to an insta-spawned cop car.

It's a broken system tbh.

Adding to this the insta-spawned cars are always seemingly programmed to turn into your path. Which is cheap really.

The_Creator_1
  • The_Creator_1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

I love how when Im on a boat bobbing up and down in the sea and swaying left to right randomly the police are able to shoot me dead on like marksmen from 50 feet away with pistols while their boat is also moving up and down on the waves

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 06 October 2013 - 05:53 PM.

the problem with all the cops and other n.p.c. is that they all seem to be trained snipers and nascar drivers. it seems like the only difference between two stars and five stars is the a.i. is spawned in bigger numbers with better equipment.

has anyone been busted? they go straight for the kill on my game.

manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by manutd36, 06 October 2013 - 05:58 PM.

I heard that before they named it GTA V, the name was going to be Los Angeles Cop Simulator 2013  :miranda:

• OneFlaw likes this

Sciborg
  • Sciborg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

In my opinion police response should escalate depending on how many witnesses survive for 15 seconds after the attack so they've had time to run away and theoretically alert authorities.

0 Witnesses, 0 police.

1-3 Witnesses, 1 star, 2 police unit surround, units spawn 2km away and take about 30 seconds to reach your position.

4-6 witnesses, 2 stars, 3 police unit surround, units spawn 1.5km away, 20 seconds to reach you.

7-10+ witnesses, 2 stars, 4 police unit surround, units spawn 1km away, 15 seconds to reach you.

3 stars is still reserved for cop killing and mass killing etc.

Just randomly guessing numbers but you can see how it escalates as an example.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

In real life, seeing as people want it to be realistic, the cops wouldn't be able to locate your position within 10 seconds and send out respawning units

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users