Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Police are far too overpowered

212 replies to this topic
Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

Coke abusing, prostitute killing legend.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Aside from the fact that they all seem to be elite marksmen, the problem i'm having is just how amazingly unrealistic the police response is on this game

Yes if I rob a shop or stab 3 people in quick succession then by all means, come and chase me.

If I kill a loan hiker on a mountain with a silenced pistol? No. Absolutely not. I do not expect cops to even know of it let alone spawn 50 yards away in a car ontop of mount Chilliad.

Also, I just kicked a car in the middle of an empty road, by the time my character resumed his normal standing position, my mini-map was flashing red & blue...

Needs toned down, it feels like the entire map is one giant police station.

• ImBoss450, caseclosedjk, mr toasterbutt and 1 other like this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:00 AM Edited by XxGuapoBeanxX, 06 October 2013 - 12:01 AM.

Aside from the fact that they all seem to be elite marksmen, the problem i'm having is just how amazingly unrealistic the police response is on this game

Yes if I rob a shop or stab 3 people in quick succession then by all means, come and chase me.

If I kill a loan hiker on a mountain with a silenced pistol? No. Absolutely not. I do not expect cops to even know of it let alone spawn 50 yards away in a car ontop of mount Chilliad.

Also, I just kicked a car in the middle of an empty road, by the time my character resumed his normal standing position, my mini-map was flashing red & blue...

Needs toned down, it feels like the entire map is one giant police station.

well haven't you noticed? It is one giant police station. I feel like there is a f*cking UAV in the air watching your every move. I constantly look up to see if there is. I just want the time to get rid of your wanted level fixed. Takes way too long.
  • ImBoss450 and manhunterlamb like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

It doesn't seem like it takes long at all for your wanted level to dissipate. 

To the OP: The IAA and FIB are monitoring your character, obviously.

• rexmaverik likes this

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

It doesn't seem like it takes long at all for your wanted level to dissipate. 

To the OP: The IAA and FIB are monitoring your character, obviously.

it takes way too long, it takes like 30 seconds at the least.

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:06 AM Edited by Paradoxical, 06 October 2013 - 12:06 AM.

It is really bad.

The other day I was just riding a bike up a mountain, then, in front of me a police helicopter actually flys up from under the ground. It sends me flying and I die. There was a player nearby who was wanted.

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

i agree with the whole police overpower thing.....i swear they have bullets that follow you...its stupid how when im driving really fast, they are able to somehow hit me from 400 feet away....with handguns...while I'm driving....f*kin stupid...

• ImBoss450 and LadySuperioR like this

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by theshadowfax, 06 October 2013 - 12:10 AM.

I agree. I get that they want to throw some difficulty in there but isn't that what N.O.O.S.E. response teams and Annihilators were for?

Getting a wanted level on GTA used to be fun because the cops were designed to be laughily stupid and if you had some practice or skill you could go for quite a while in a standoff/chase and have some laughs at their stupid comments and insane actions like driving their cars off bridges or piling into a hallway despite piles of bodies in front of them. 

Now getting a wanted level is the definition of an "oh f*ck" moment. Yeah it's more realistic and it takes a bit more planning but I think they took it too far. It's not fun, it's not even skill building because nothing you do can shield you from the expert marksmen that are apparently trained to fire pinpoint shots from a shaky helicopter. And the cops are so annoying I think it might just be too satisfying when you do kill them. It was novel the first couple times I heard some loud voice goin "IM GONNA KILLLLL YOUUU" but it gets obnoxious fast and now I'll risk the shot to the face just to stab that ONE annoying cop that always seems to spawn directly in line of sight of where you're fleeing to. They kept the classic GTA parody and satire in everything else but sent the cops to academy.

• GarX likes this

Arb-ian
  • Arb-ian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

That's so true, i can't do sh*t in the game because of the them!
  • Crookid likes this

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

I noticed you can usually get away with one crime (assault, car theft, murder), but if you commit a second one the cops come after you.  

I think the best way to elude the cops, especially with just one or two stars, is on foot.  I've noticed 99% of people online never work on their stealth rating at all.  If you have a high stealth rating, you not only elude the police much faster than normal, but it makes it much harder for them to spot your character or notice him/her making noise.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

Yeah that's another fair point. It takes annoyingly long to escape the police. I don't want people to think i'm complaining after a bad experience. I've gotten rid of them easily. I just prefer not waiting in an alley way 2 minutes when 30 seconds is more than enough

And yeah, literally any half-crime in any location and the police are on you like a fat kid on 2 for 1 Dominos.

Sorry but Police need scaled back massively. I can't have fun at all without the cops getting involved.

I mean, i'm driving along normally and a cop chasing somebody else drives into me whilst being in the WRONG f*ckING LANE, and before you know it 4 cops are performing a drive by on me. My crime? Getting trolled by police.

Also, the concept of self-defence is non-existant. Somebody shoots me 2 times, I kill them and i'm the bad guy. Ok.

• Apxidia and Peedy V like this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

I've been literally a quarter mile down the road from a cop/ AI enemy and they were driving while shooting and hitting me and my car no problem. The professional marksmen bullsh*t needs to be fixed for all AI characters, not just cops. They are seriously better at shooting from a car than probably the best player in this game.

• SteampunkJester likes this

JoeCarr
  • JoeCarr

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Has no-one here played the original GTA? This is more of a throwback to them... admittedly though I should be able to go on a killing spree in the mountains and not be spotted... at least until the bodies start showing up and then cops should start spawning like they are looking over the area. 

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Also yeah every now and then you can get away with one crime

But like I said. Sometimes I just kick a car. One time. And before you know it 50 of the most well-trained marksmen are ripping into me with 3 grouped bullets to the head from a car window.

JoeCarr
  • JoeCarr

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

Oh snap i nearly forgot... I was doing the Meth'd up mission the other day driving my RV over the hills and one of the dirtbikers jumped HIGH over my van and in mid air started firing, took ALL my armour and about 95% of my HP while shooting at me in the air... 

I mean I understand when AI is stood next to me and that happens... but a moving target while you're on a bike flying through the air? really?

• Chase3411 likes this

Cruden95
  • Cruden95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

The only thing that grinds my gears is the time it takes to loose police a good 10-20 mins of most of my sessions is waiting for cops to stop looking

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Yeah that's what makes cops twice as bad

Not only can they shoot you with in-human accuracy, they also seem to be watching a live stream of you no matter where you are

I swear to God if I kill a shark in the deep sea i expect a car full of sharpshooters to roll out from under the coral and take me out before drowning.

• Yorpie, Peedy V and SteampunkJester like this

namenotneeded2
  • namenotneeded2

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

It's annoying, yes. I was on Mount Chilliad and decided to finish off the group of three people on the mountain. There was no one else around, yet, I got one star and the cops drove all the way up the mountain to come find me.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

It sucks how they shoot on 1 star.  Sucks how they chase you in a stolen car. (99% of the cars I drive are stolen... this IS GRAND THEFT AUTO after all...)  Sucks how you sometimes get 3 stars for robbing a f*cking 7/11 for 1,000 bucks.  

In the spirit of realism I guess, right?  SOOOO realistic.   :v:

• Flexusen likes this

Nurros
  • Nurros

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:19 AM

Ya they are extremely annoying especially when you somehow get a star for someone near you doing something wrong although eventually you get the ability to call lester and pay him $500 to lose your wanted level

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

Yeah I'd seriously like R* to change this

Aside from the technical issues, this is the biggest issue for me.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

Police seem harder online, or is that just me.

3* or more is just annoying. It's not like it's hard it's just...it happens all the f*cking time, and it takes so long to lose it. and sometimes another heli will spawn in front of you and send you back to the flashing phase.

Oh yeah and the guys in the heli seem amazing at shooting your tires out, even though I'm going 100MPH and the heli is above me flying all over the place.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

It's relatively easy to escape from the police. In Online I find that they don't call the cops in the middle of the mountain ranges and country.

Problems however - 

• they do a lot of damage
  • takes too long for the stars to disappear once flashing
  • they have some kind of next gen aim bot (so do the gangster npcs)

theshadowfax
  • theshadowfax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:28 AM Edited by theshadowfax, 06 October 2013 - 12:29 AM.

Let's not forget the warp drives that seem to come standard on all police cruisers and enable them to rear end a fully upgraded Bugatti Veyron going full speed on a straight stretch airport runway. 

Speaking of cars, f*ck these NPC drivers. In IV if you hit a car they'd swerve and stop driving for a second to either get out or sit there and then drive off. Not completely realistic or anything, but still easier to deal with than these AI douchebags who will dart into your lane and then play bumper cars at 80 mph and send you into a chunk of wall.

• OneFlaw, GarX, A Maned Wolf and 1 other like this

donnii
  • donnii

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

I like the wanted level as it is. They're not as dumb now and it's great trying to escape from them. Especially when a car is coming directly towards you and it starts swerving to knock you off balance. Fantastic AI.
  • Gibbzy101 likes this

Sir Phil McKraken
  • Sir Phil McKraken

International Squeaker Assassin

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

How many times has a thread identical to this been made?

• Besty.88 likes this

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

I don't know, you tell me because i'm not prepared to spend 60 minutes looking for a lost thread only to bump it and re-ignite whatever random off-topic conversation was going on in it at the time.

Magnias
  • Magnias

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Yeah that's another fair point. It takes annoyingly long to escape the police. I don't want people to think i'm complaining after a bad experience. I've gotten rid of them easily. I just prefer not waiting in an alley way 2 minutes when 30 seconds is more than enough

And yeah, literally any half-crime in any location and the police are on you like a fat kid on 2 for 1 Dominos.

Sorry but Police need scaled back massively. I can't have fun at all without the cops getting involved.

I mean, i'm driving along normally and a cop chasing somebody else drives into me whilst being in the WRONG f*ckING LANE, and before you know it 4 cops are performing a drive by on me. My crime? Getting trolled by police.

Also, the concept of self-defence is non-existant. Somebody shoots me 2 times, I kill them and i'm the bad guy. Ok.

I'm sorry, but I rofl'd so hard reading this... It's so damned true!

JoeCarr
  • JoeCarr

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

To help with cop cars, let off the accelerator as they hit you and hit it just after they make contact, Car should wiggle a little if you're going in a straight line but you should be ok if the tyres are on flat tarmac. (Hit a curb and you might spin out, drains also seem to be a different surface {Ones that spark if you shoot them}) 

But yeah... I mean how do the cops catch up? I mean driving in a cop car full speed... and they catch up and speed up to go faster than you? In the exact same car?

hehehayhay
  • hehehayhay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

I used to find it fun getting cops on me in GTA IV, now I dread it.

Thing that pisses me off the most is how they somehow manage to shoot you while you're going 100+mph in a car

Without missing.

What the f*ck.

• FUBAR1991 likes this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

Like some said before, not just the cops. It's ridiculous when I'm running away from the ballas in a 9F and they can hit me perfectly fine out of their car while doing a 180° powerslide. This sh*t is just out of hand. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users