» «
Photo

How get rid of sleepiness?

20 replies to this topic
StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by StarVisitor, 05 October 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Slept 30 minutes last night, I have some problems sleeping sometimes. Tonight there is a fight I want to watch and Im feeling sleepy. How can I get rid of it or make it better for a few hours? Cold water in face? 5 hour energy? What else?

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by zoo3891, 05 October 2013 - 10:47 PM.

You have to push through it. Maybe drink an espresso or take a cold shower when you hit the lowest point. And don't sit in a really comfy chair or bed when you watch the fight.

You should still get normal amounts of sleep when you can though.

• StarVisitor likes this

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

If you're feeling tired right now then maybe in a hour or two you'll get over that feeling if you're not in a comfortable area of course. I find that when I'm staying up for a really long time there's a period of time where I feel like I'm on the verge of passing out for maybe two hours. After that time it goes away and I'm in the clear and I'm able to stay up for as long as I want until I either lay down or stay up for a little too long (40+ hours). :ph34r: :ph34r:

• StarVisitor likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Drink lots of soda and jump up and down like a flip friggin pogo stick whenever you feel tired. But be warned, though, you'll be very sleepy when you actually do go to sleep.

• lazy. and StarVisitor like this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

You have to push through it. Maybe drink an espresso or take a cold shower when you hit the lowest point. And don't sit in a really comfy chair or bed when you watch the fight.

You should still get normal amounts of sleep when you can though.

Appreciate it, Zoo. Really. I can definitely push but it's that tiredness around the eyes and body that I'm trying to possibly numb for a few more hours. I will take a cold shower in a bit and try to jump a bit and watch the fight standing up.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

If you're feeling tired right now then maybe in a hour or two you'll get over that feeling if you're not in a comfortable area of course. I find that when I'm staying up for a really long time there's a period of time where I feel like I'm on the verge of passing out for maybe two hours. After that time it goes away and I'm in the clear and I'm able to stay up for as long as I want until I either lay down or stay up for a little too long (40+ hours). :ph34r: :ph34r:

Damn, that's some inspiration right there haha. I like reading things like this that reassure me I need to grab my balls and man my way thru it lol. Nice post man.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Drink lots of soda and jump up and down like a flip friggin pogo stick whenever you feel tired. But be warned, though, you'll be very sleepy when you actually do go to sleep.

I don't have any soda around, I cut soda a while back to "live healthier" lmao. I had a Coke ICEE today though so I don't care that much lol. 

I will jump with the adrenaline of the fight, my fav fighter fights tonight. 

I don't mind, tomorrow I have NOTHING to do so it is not a problem. Thanks bud.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

funny+cat+on+cocaine.jpg

Or... just some coffee lol. If you have some free time try sleeping, even if it's just half an hour or so. Don't stop moving and if you're sitting somewhere, let's say watching TV or with the computer, move your eyes and blink.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

I don't have any soda around, I cut soda a while back to "live healthier" lmao. I had a Coke ICEE today though so I don't care that much lol. 

If you don't want soda, why not try coffee? Or failing that, seltzer water. The bubbly taste will keep you wired and juiced

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:07 AM Edited by mr_ed, 06 October 2013 - 02:09 AM.

Was doing some long hours at work a while back and getting short amounts of sleep.. Best thing to do is keep away from coffee and caffeine as it makes you crash. Drink water as dehydration leads to fatigue and eat fruit. Used to have muesli with fruit every day for lunch and found that helped me keep awake for longer also.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:22 AM Edited by StarVisitor, 06 October 2013 - 05:22 AM.

funny+cat+on+cocaine.jpg

Or... just some coffee lol. If you have some free time try sleeping, even if it's just half an hour or so. Don't stop moving and if you're sitting somewhere, let's say watching TV or with the computer, move your eyes and blink.

LMAO. Funny thing is I was longing for cocaine at one point in the day even though I've never had some or been around it. 

I tried man but when I concentrate on sleeping my mind is aware of it and just won't go to rest, but that mostly happens when I know I have a limited/short amount of time to sleep.

If you don't want soda, why not try coffee? Or failing that, seltzer water. The bubbly taste will keep you wired and juiced

Never had coffee in my life man and I'm over 20 so I think I should give it a try. Never tried seltzer water either... Will make it a point to try both this week.

I was able to stay awake with some of the tips you guys gave me. I took a cold shower and it refreshed me. Walked around and kept active every few minutes, it worked out nicely. The body felt active and I enjoyed the night without problem. Appreciate the time and the advice.

Was doing some long hours at work a while back and getting short amounts of sleep.. Best thing to do is keep away from coffee and caffeine as it makes you crash. Drink water as dehydration leads to fatigue and eat fruit. Used to have muesli with fruit every day for lunch and found that helped me keep awake for longer also.

Same thing ONLY that I do long hours and short sleep BUT I can't fall asleep when I should - specially when I know I have limited time to rest. It just makes me uneasy and the mind won't go to rest.

I see... I crashed a lot when I used to drink Monster Energy. I also felt (it will sound weird but) like an emotional emptiness stage after drinking it. I drink (and did today) a LOT of water, makes me feel energized/fresher. 

Appreciate the advice man, really. Not much of a fruit guy in the sense that I don't do them as often as I should, I will put the advices to test for sure.

Thanks all! Definitely a community without a doubt.

*RECAP of what I did for those who might go thru the same thing:

- Made a mental decision that I won't dwell between sleeping or not, I decided just to be awake. The mental battle is sometimes powerful and can keep you on a limbo. 

- Took a cold shower, felt refreshed/newer.

- Lots of cold/icy water

- ATE some lean chicken for dinner

- Didn't stay in a resting position for long, changed postures frequently.

And slowly the body got used to staying aware and awake effortlessly. 

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Aderal for the win. That will help a bit.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Lucky you, I have the opposite problem. I have to take mild sedatives every evening in order to fall asleep.

If you want to stay awake you need to preoccupy yourself with a distracting activity that will make your brain ignore it's call for sleep. I've been able to stay up for days just by watching TV, reading and playing games. I got through the first 4 seasons of Breaking Bad in one sitting and I didn't feel tired until I turned off the TV.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

Drink a big, stiff mug of coffee quickly, then go down for a thirty minute nap. You'll wake up like gangbusters.
  • F4L? likes this

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

Apples. Apparently they're better at keeping you awake than coffee.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Whenever you feel your head start to nod stand up for a few seconds and sort of shake it off. When I was doing some things with the military and I'd been on stag all night or been bumped or whatever and we had lectures the next day the instructors encouraged officer cadets to stand up whenever they felt they were about to go. It gives your body a bit of a kick and you should be able to push on for a while.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Nothing is better than wetting your face with cold water. Don't dry off your face though, just pat it down so it isn't dripping all over yourself. Then go outside and let a gentle breeze catch you. It'll feel really cold and give you a bit of a kick.

Also, splashing your face doesn't work. Fill your sink with cold water and put your face in it.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Staying up late makes me forgetful and I can't think clearly on the day after. I need to be on full attention during class, especially when I have an exam.

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

I would advise you to avoid being reliant on energy drinks and coffee to stay awake. That's unhealthy. You definitely need to get more sleep. That's the only way. I don't know what you do when you stay up late, but whatever it is, you shouldn't be losing that much sleep for it.

I have the bad habit of staying up late without doing anything productive, but I'm going to really try to break that habit. Getting a good amount of sleep at night is good for your health and for your performance the following day.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:32 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 15 October 2013 - 07:33 AM.

http://www.wikihow.com/Not-Be-Tired

That is actually my guide made like years ago... I made the core for it and people have been updating it.

25 000+ views for that, apparently. ;)

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:36 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 15 October 2013 - 08:37 AM.

If you're sleepy during the day then a little caffiene could help.  Nailing the right amount of caffiene per day at intervals can really help reduce sleepiness.  Plus some caffiene in your diet can help prevent some forms of cancer.

If it's past your normal bed time and you're genuinely in need of sleep and your dozing off and your legs are restless then try drinking some tea or coffee and playing a video game for a while.  I find video games really make sleeping difficult.

If after that you've still got restless legs then there's no solution other than go to bed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users