» «
Photo

FlyLo FM

74 replies to this topic
GTA5Madness
  • GTA5Madness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by GTA5Madness, 10 October 2013 - 02:56 PM.

You guys don't understand at all, most of the songs on that station go by the genre of Electronica Trip-Hop which is slowly making a big break into the music industry these days, it's different and growing popular quick.. it's not as easy as you think to arrange them samples, this music is chill man it's underground.. just because it's different and not mainstreamed.. so many people won't come out of their shells and won't actually spend time searching for music this is why this station seems unpleasant to many.. instead they just listen to music that is fed to them. 

• Jacob-B likes this

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by vivalavendredi, 10 October 2013 - 03:15 PM.

You guys don't understand at all, most of the songs on that station go by the genre of Electronica Trip-Hop which is slowly making a big break into the music industry these days, it's different and growing popular quick.. it's not as easy as you think to arrange them samples, this music is chill man it's underground.. just because it's different and not mainstreamed.. so many people won't come out of their shells and won't actually spend time searching for music this is why this station seems unpleasant to many.. instead they just listen to music that is fed to them. 

well trip-hop is nothing new. 

We were listening to that in 1998 or something… and yeah, it's a different genre. But even in that genre there are artists who make catchy tracks beside this lotus guy. 2-3 Lotus tracks would be fine. But listen to that Aphex Twin track - this is in a different league than this Lotus stuff! And so are other tracks in the world.

If you would've read my post you would have noticed that I am not only listening to mainstream music. And well - if you think that this is underground I don't know what to say. There is tons of better underground music and tons of better chill out music (vangelis, tricky, and so on) - why is there only 2 or 3 artists on that channel? Does Flying Lotus think he is the king of genetics or what? He isn't

If you smoke weed, eat shrooms and (or just) chill with some friends or alone - this music is alright. But it doesn't fit in the game - 1 or 2 chilly tracks would've been enough. As I said before there are lots of tracks that have a chill-out-ambient-triphop-touch but still have a groove

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

I like some of the instrumentals on there actually ... What's the song with that nikki chick ? I think that's my fav by flylo but I also check that station cause it has classic outlast on there ...

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

I like some of the instrumentals on there actually ... What's the song with that nikki chick ? I think that's my fav by flylo but I also check that station cause it has classic outlast on there ...

there are 2 tracks that feature niki randa. "Getting There" and "The Kill"

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Plus didn't kanye drop a electrical rap album??? Or do y'all not consider Yeezus in that category ??? idk

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Plus didn't kanye drop a electrical rap album??? Or do y'all not consider Yeezus in that category ??? idk

I didn't listen to "yeezus" so far… but I know he was using the Roland 808 on that album, which is a typical basic "tool" in electronic music and kanye likes to make experiments. I'll tune in into that tonight

GTA5Madness
  • GTA5Madness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by GTA5Madness, 10 October 2013 - 03:38 PM.

well trip-hop is nothing new. 

We were listening to that in 1998 or something… and yeah, it's a different genre. But even in that genre there are artists who make catchy tracks beside this lotus guy. 2-3 Lotus tracks would be fine. But listen to that Aphex Twin track - this is in a different league than this Lotus stuff! And so are other tracks in the world.

If you would've read my post you would have noticed that I am not only listening to mainstream music. And well - if you think that this is underground I don't know what to say. There is tons of better underground music and tons of better chill out music (vangelis, tricky, and so on) - why is there only 2 or 3 artists on that channel? Does Flying Lotus think he is the king of genetics or what? He isn't

If you smoke weed, eat shrooms and (or just) chill with some friends or alone - this music is alright. But it doesn't fit in the game - 1 or 2 chilly tracks would've been enough. As I said before there are lots of tracks that have a chill-out-ambient-triphop-touch but still have a groove

Yeah man but back then it was nothing special it's about the artists today that are making it their own.. Back then it was just the start of what was to come.. it was basically just HipHop with a chill vibe.. but as more sub-genres and other artists have grew from it it's developed in to what it is now.. I can understand your point though yea Flying Lotus is nothing to what's out there in this genre and the station shouldn't be focused on just him which it seems I must agree.. What about Bonobo, RJD2, Nightmares On Wax etc stuff with a groove .. If they combined this station with a load of different top trip-hop artists then there would be a place for this station in the game.. It's just because people switch to the station hear it for a second and because it sounds like the exact same glitch stuff they heard last time then they just turn it off..

I think with most of the songs on that station are made for listening with headphones and being listened to in FULL. It would be way more enjoyable for newcomers to this kind of music if it wasn't so hard to listen to, it's something you have to develop yourself so you can enjoy it.. being able to understand all the different aspects of samples of what's gone in that particular song. I enjoy it because it's interesting to think that some of the samples have come from 60's jazz songs and when you notice a really old sample from a tune you used to love and forgot about and then it's been made into a modern ambient trip-hop tune it makes it something special.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yeah man but back then it was nothing special it's about the artists today that are making it their own.. Back then it was just the start of what was to come.. it was basically just HipHop with a chill vibe.. but as more sub-genres and other artists have grew from it it's developed in to what it is now.. I can understand your point though yea Flying Lotus is nothing to what's out there in this genre and the station shouldn't be focused on just him which it seems I must agree.. What about Bonobo, RJD2, Nightmares On Wax etc stuff with a groove .. If they combined this station with a load of different top trip-hop artists then there would be a place for this station in the game.. It's just because people switch to the station hear it for a second and because it sounds like the exact same glitch stuff they heard last time then they just turn it off..

I think with most of the songs on that station are made for listening with headphones and being listened to in FULL. It would be way more enjoyable for newcomers to this kind of music if it wasn't so hard to listen to, it's something you have to develop yourself so you can enjoy it.. being able to understand all the different aspects of samples of what's gone in that particular song. I enjoy it because it's interesting to think that some of the samples have come from 60's jazz songs and when you notice a really old sample from a tune you used to love and forgot about and then it's been made into a modern ambient trip-hop tune it makes it something special.

I really enjoyed reading your post!  :^:

Will give those tracks a try by listening to em closely without playing the game tonight. Could get interesting

• GTA5Madness likes this

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:25 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 10 October 2013 - 04:27 PM.

I didn't listen to "yeezus" so far… but I know he was using the Roland 808 on that album, which is a typical basic "tool" in electronic music and kanye likes to make experiments. I'll tune in into that tonight

yea u should give it a listen...... me personally i didnt like the album even tho i loved "new slaves","bound 2"  and "blood on the leaves" ... the lyrics were far below kanye standards imo but the instrumentals on there are crazy...

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

What's in my trunk????? ...White, ...GIRRRRL.

That os now stuck in my head.

nlightened
  • nlightened

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

If you don't listen to Flylo FM, not only iz you a B*tch! But youz a B*tch as N*gga. Ya N*ggaaa

• Hate The Game likes this

zerrier
  • zerrier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by zerrier, 10 October 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Well, this guy has a point. But still, am I wrong cause I have my own music taste? I mean, I have never liked anything "electronic" such as techno, trance ,dubstep and all that bullsh*t. 

And you're saying its "underground" and not mainstream, is a really good point. Most people only listen to what everyone else is listening to, or whats popular to listen to. As of right now, in Norway where i live. People are exploding over this stupid song "Ylvis - The Fox". I mean, WHAT THE ACTUAL f*ck! How can anyone think that "song" is good..I get that its funny the first time, but when its being played everywhere,over and over and over again it'll make you go batsh*t insane! As if people wants you to hate it!

As for myself. Ill stick to what genres i like, and I dont want to force myself into liking something. 

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:25 PM Edited by Lagful, 10 October 2013 - 10:30 PM.

"Um um ... hi ..... this is tyler...umm...listen to my new track....um... on flylo fm"

f*cking hate this station.

lmao Tyler is a troll. You obviously don't know who he is.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

R.I.P. NUJABES

I LOVE NUJABES. Oh god.. Sadly he isn't alive no.more to.make.new beats for us :/ Rest in Beats

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:03 AM

Curly Bob hates flylo fm! and so do i!  los santos rock radio and non stop pop are by far the best stations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users