Photo

FlyLo FM

74 replies to this topic
EpiclyUber
  • EpiclyUber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

Having an entire dedicated radio station to mostly a single artist was a bad idea. Only tune in when I see Garbage playing.

I was hoping for a radio station dedicated to EDM.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

I feel like an evil f*cking serial killer when I listen to "Garbage." The song just feels yucky. Good title for it, I guess.

I don't listen to anything else on that station, and I usually don't listen to Garbage either. 

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Oh, and when someone says "you don't understand that genre… bla bla it's art… it's experimental…"

There are:

1) 100 better experimental artists in Cali. Guaranteed.

2) There are tons of better artists in europe.

3) Check out "akufen" for example

I don't wanna listen to slow-motion music. There is so much great industrial/experimental electronic music that has a beat and they give us this ambience-trance-whatever bullsh*t… *sigh*

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:45 AM Edited by carmelo3, 07 October 2013 - 11:45 AM.

Funny how all the people who dont like FlyLo FM are the same people that listen to all that death metal nonsense/noise

• Jacob-B likes this

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Funny how all the people who dont like FlyLo FM are the same people that listen to all that death metal nonsense/noise

I don't. I'm a big fan of electronic music - as most of the people in my generation in germany.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

I don't listen to "death metal nonsense". But the metal I don't listen to has creepy experimental elements in it like creepy ass sampling and backmasking. Logic=flawed

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

FlyLo FM is a decent station, but it could have been arranged better, it's one of the few single track stations (SoulWax FM, WorldWide FM, East Los FM), but it's like split in half, the first half being mainly just Flying Lotus tracks, then the second half, from "Garbage" onwards being more a downbeat trp-hop mix of tracks from artists like OutKast, Aphex Twin, etc. Just on that alone it feels sort of weird, like you could be tuning into two different stations at once due to how split it feels.

Also as others have said, different genres, blah blah, I get it a lot of metal only fans hate GTAV's soundtrack, but there are some really good tracks on here, I spend most of the time listening to SoulWax FM or WorldWide FM.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

Favourite stations for me are Radio Mirror Park, Worldwide FM, FlyLo FM and The Low Down.

Radio LS could have been so much better, I was hoping for more original music like how The Beat FM in GTA IV had original material from Nas, Styles P, Mobb Deep, Busta Rhymes etc.

Freddy2Blunts
  • Freddy2Blunts

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Andddd whoever made the random samples with sh*t in the back got paid for it

Omar Little
  • Omar Little

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I was suprise to hear Outkast Wheels of steels on there.. now that's out of place. The song came out in the 90's

Wheelz of Steel isn't on FlyLo FM. Elevators is the only track by OutKast on the whole game

• Jacob-B likes this

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

It's not a traditional hip hop station.

More like hipster hop.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:01 PM Edited by Gst0395, 10 October 2013 - 05:24 PM.

The only song I enjoy on FlyLo is "Windowlicker" by Aphex Twin. Other than that, I find the station pretty boring.

• vivalavendredi likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Terrible station. :lol: I just cannot listen to this noisy bullßhit with that annoying Tyler guy. What the hell, I listened to this station and then switched it off. Now I see why older generations look down on ours.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Favourite stations for me are Radio Mirror Park, Worldwide FM, FlyLo FM and The Low Down.

Radio LS could have been so much better, I was hoping for more original music like how The Beat FM in GTA IV had original material from Nas, Styles P, Mobb Deep, Busta Rhymes etc.

I'm just glad the Dj isn't screaming obnoxiously crazy like IV. You remember that guy repeating "SWIZZY" twenty f*cking times on the radio in IV?

Arroz14th
  • Arroz14th

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

AFX <3

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

You've got terrible taste, OP.

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

As i said before it was big disappointment for me. I like Tyler some Flying Lotus music and i was hoping it will be more modern and urban version of Journey FM which was amazing soundtrack to cruise around and admire the city but Flylo is crap :-(

It was kind of a disappointment for me as well, I really like Flying Lotus too. I have so many of his albums

I like Aphex Twin as well but why choose Window Licker? its like the only song of his that sounds kinda generic to me, 

I will say Aphex Twin - WIndow Licker is growing on me though

Window Licker, HAHAHAhaahahahahaha. I remember that clip If I'm correct with the ugly bitches.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

Flylo is sh*t and there another radio station that is sh*t too... Soulwax! What some sh*t ass music! The others are better.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

Flylo is sh*t and there another radio station that is sh*t too... Soulwax! What some sh*t ass music! The others are better.

Your taste is sh*t.
  • Jacob-B likes this

A1iiiiii
  • A1iiiiii

THE CAP'N

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

I don't. I'm a big fan of electronic music - as most of the people in my generation in germany.

Uhhh i iz huge EDM fan, i liek skrilexz avcii and swedih hosue mafia. dupstep ftw <3

f*ck off.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

The sound mixing is wrong, the levels are low. Other than that, it's a fine station. 

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

A lot of stuff on Soulwax reminds me of Kraftwerk

Dr. Zoidberg
  • Dr. Zoidberg

Im a Doctor!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

R.I.P. NUJABES

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Uhhh i iz huge EDM fan, i liek skrilexz avcii and swedih hosue mafia. dupstep ftw <3

f*ck off.

So people that like EDM automatically like Skrillex, Avicii and Swedish House Mafia huh?
I guess that means people that like Rap automatically like Lil Wayne, Drake, Nicki Minaj and 2Chainz.
People that like Rock love Nickelback and Limp Bizkit. Makes sense.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

f*ck off.

People who write stuff like "i iz huge" should get euthanized.

Fly Lo sucks ass and everyone knows that. Even Flying Lotus, I guess.

A1iiiiii
  • A1iiiiii

THE CAP'N

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

f*ck off.

Cool story. If you really were into electronic music you'd appreciate every form of it, it doesn't matter if you like it or not, because you would know that everybody got a different taste in music and you'd also know the effort spent on producing it. But please enlighten me. You call yourself a big fan of electronic music. What do you listen to then?

zerrier
  • zerrier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Couldn't agree more with the OP! I mean, what the f*ck is that supposed to be? Shoulda dropped that sh*t and put in a real metal station instead of that Radio X punk bullsh*t and the other one.

But I'm happy they added a real oldschool rap channel! So i'll just stick to West Coast Classics and Blue Ark.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by vivalavendredi, 10 October 2013 - 02:42 PM.

f*ck off.

Cool story. If you really were into electronic music you'd appreciate every form of it, it doesn't matter if you like it or not, because you would know that everybody got a different taste in music and you'd also know the effort spent on producing it. But please enlighten me. You call yourself a big fan of electronic music. What do you listen to then?

I didn't mean that the music on the channel sucks in general, but imho it doesn't fit into a GTA with fast cars, nor it fits a chillout atmosphere.

I like nearly every kind of electronic music from deephouse to minimal (minimal is the biggest "scene" in our region here) and I also listen to industrial, ambient and experimental stuff (Akufen* has some great tracks for example) and I used to be at the "dorian gray" and "omen" discotheques in Frankfurt in the old days. These were the most popular techno clubs in that time (90s) and Sven Väth (who I also saw playing around the world, in twilo, NYC for example) was a resident there…

Back on topic - of course Flying Lotus is talented and puts a lot of work in his music. But there is so much great stuff out there. An artist with his own channel is okay… but an artist that mostly plays his own tracks on his channel is an idiot. Sorry. Also here are great artists across europe that have a way better portfolio than this lotus guy and so are other guys in california (dirtybird for example) that produce stuff that fits the atmosphere way better.

And if you wanna know what I listen to most of the time (when it comes to electronica) - tune in into Chris Liebings Podcast (I guess you know who Chris Liebing is…) - he features most of the artists I like (drumcode artists like Adam Beyer or Ida Engberg) - oh and not to mention I know lots of DJs in person because I had my own events running a decade ago so yeah: I am a big fan of electronic music.

(*thats a canadian artist)

A1iiiiii
  • A1iiiiii

THE CAP'N

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

I didn't mean that the music on the channel sucks in general, but imho it doesn't fit into a GTA with fast cars, nor it fits a chillout atmosphere.

I like nearly every kind of electronic music from deephouse to minimal (minimal is the biggest "scene" in our region here) and I also listen to industrial, ambient and experimental stuff (Akufen* has some great tracks for example) and I used to be at the "dorian gray" and "omen" discotheques in Frankfurt in the old days. These were the most popular techno clubs in that time (90s) and Sven Väth (who I also saw playing around the world, in twilo, NYC for example) was a resident there…

Back on topic - of course Flying Lotus is talented and puts a lot of work in his music. But there is so much great stuff out there. An artist with his own channel is okay… but an artist that mostly plays his own tracks on his channel is an idiot. Sorry. Also here are great artists across europe that have a way better portfolio than this lotus guy and so are other guys in california (dirtybird for example) that produce stuff that fits the atmosphere way better.

(*thats a canadian artist)

I get what you mean, it also kinda annoyed me that half of the station are FlyLo tracks but that's in no relation to his producing qualities. But you seem to know much about electronic music so I'm sorrry. I've seen so many kiddies pretending to be into electronic music when listening to stuff that's played on the radio everyday like avicii and whatever. It's just a slap in the face for people that actually have a clue about it.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:51 PM Edited by vivalavendredi, 10 October 2013 - 02:57 PM.

-snap- 

I get what you mean, it also kinda annoyed me that half of the station are FlyLo tracks but that's in no relation to his producing qualities. But you seem to know much about electronic music so I'm sorrry. I've seen so many kiddies pretending to be into electronic music when listening to stuff that's played on the radio everyday like avicii and whatever. It's just a slap in the face for people that actually have a clue about it.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I struggle with people / kids like this from time to time. Most of them can't say if a track is gabba or trance but all of them are "the biggest" electro fans… 

What annoys me most on flylo is, that all the other channels are well researched and even if the music is sometimes not my "cup of tea" it's crystal clear someone had an intention when putting the track up there. If Flylo would have feature more tracks by other artists like Horror Inc. for example (great track: ) it would maybe be different. Also I miss something with a beat on flylo… too chilly most of the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users