» «
Photo

WTH is wrong with the ending?!

27 replies to this topic
jkb1337
  • jkb1337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by jkb1337, 05 October 2013 - 07:21 PM.

I'm seriously pissed. (Spoiler!!! Only read if if you've finished the game. )

Spoiler

I'm seriously f*cking pissed since I only saved in one slot and can't replay the mission at all...

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

Lol

• NADOLNY, Jacob-B and 9911MU51C like this

1892grey
  • 1892grey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

sh*t happens my friend. On IV I thought going to the boat killed roman so I did that and my GF got killed, I was pissed...I got over it lol

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

You should have been paying attention. It was explained clearly.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

I could see how some people might think the "deathwish" option might get Franklin killed; but honestly after that cut-scene with Devin Weston I knew Frank was tired of being pushed around.

• Jacob-B likes this

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

I'm not a scientists but... If you looked at the Checklist on the Rockstar Social Club you'd see that side missions and everything else that actually count towards 100% are either only able to be done by Franklin or can be done by Franklin. Using that clue you can pretty much figure out that no choice would cause Franklin to die. But again, I'm not a scientist.

YanUK
  • YanUK

Retired VC Contest Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

It's another great example of the player having to absorb themselves in clues that are presented in the whole game. Games are now films and force you into the story more so than the actual playing of the missions. That is why I never skipped a single cut scene. Even watched the 30 min end credits just in case any 'extras' were there.

AJayG
  • AJayG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

the only real option is C.

• Jacob-B likes this

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by billy james, 06 October 2013 - 01:44 PM.

You know if you listen to what Devin says in the cut scene, you'd know option C don't mean frank dies

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

You know if you listen to what Devin says in the cut scene, you'd know option C don't mean frank dies

I felt that too. It sounded pretty much just like Franklin would get Michael and Trevor and at the very least go after Steve and Devin (which he assumed would be a death wish for Franklin). Stretch and Wei Cheng were a bonus.

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

I'm not a scientists but... If you looked at the Checklist on the Rockstar Social Club you'd see that side missions and everything else that actually count towards 100% are either only able to be done by Franklin or can be done by Franklin. Using that clue you can pretty much figure out that no choice would cause Franklin to die. But again, I'm not a scientist.

You're right you're not a scientist.

Spoiler

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Spoiler

Which ones can Franklin not do that count towards 100% According to the Social Club checklist I can't find any unless I just really keep looking over them. It says only the ones with colored bars count towards 100%, and those are all able to be done by Franklin.

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

Spoiler

Which ones can Franklin not do that count towards 100% According to the Social Club checklist I can't find any unless I just really keep looking over them. It says only the ones with colored bars count towards 100%, and those are all able to be done by Franklin.

Some of the Strangers and Freaks will only appear to Michael and Trevor. You need to do all those missions for 100%.

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

Spoiler

Some of the Strangers and Freaks will only appear to Michael and Trevor. You need to do all those missions for 100%.

That's incorrect. There's only 20 specific Strangers and Freaks missions you need to complete for 100%, and they're all for Franklin. 

Tonya

• Pulling Favors
  • Pulling Another Favor
  • Pulling Favors Again
  • Still Pulling Favors
  • Pulling One Last Favor

Hao

• Shift Work

Beverley

• Paparazzo
  • Paparazzo - The Sex Tape
  • Paparazzo - The Partnership ("Paparazzo - The Highness" and "Paparazzo - The Meltdown" combined)
  • Paparazzo - Reality Check

Barry

• Grass Roots - Franklin ("Grass Roots - The Pickup" and "Grass Roots - The Drag" combined)
  • Grass Roots - The Smoke-In

Fanatic

• Exercising Demons - Franklin

Dom

• Risk Assessment
  • Liquidity Risk
  • Targeted Risk
  • Uncalculated Risk (You must first complete all other Dom missions and all 13 parachute jumps for this to be available)

Omega

• Far Out
  • The Final Frontier

Dreyfuss

• A Starlet In Vinewood

Eagleheart
  • Eagleheart

U.S. Monsanto

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:11 AM

Yup you're right Hayze my apologies.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm seriously pissed. (Spoiler!!! Only read if if you've finished the game. )

Spoiler

I'm seriously f*cking pissed since I only saved in one slot and can't replay the mission at all...

Too "rednecky"? What if I said Franklin was too black for me? Would you and all the liberals cry and call me racist?

Trevor IS NOT, I REPEAT, IS NOT a redneck or hillbilly. He is a Canadian homosexual /of story.

yoyooyoyoy
  • yoyooyoyoy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

you create another save file and you can replay. no problems!

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

you create another save file and you can replay. no problems!

No, you can't, because then, you'd have to sart all over again.

So many problems!

RealisticSteak
  • RealisticSteak

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Upset that Cheng has to die when it's generally Trevor's fault that they went after him.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

Didn't you learn in school to always go with choice C?

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

I was so glad I saved right before that mission and then I created about five more saves. Then I tried out option C first and then chose whatever the Trevor option was, but that was it, because it actually depressed me.

Spoiler

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Lesson of today: always keep multiple save games.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

You should have been paying attention. It was explained clearly.

Indeed it was. You just wanted to kill Trevor. it just brings out your true colours.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Lesson of today: always keep multiple save games.

Lesson of today?  I learned that back in 1997 when memory cards allowed that capability.  In fact, it was Castlevania SOTN that taught me that.

ThirdCoastG187
  • ThirdCoastG187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:25 AM

THIS TIME IM GONNA KILL BOTH TREVOR AND MICHEAL

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

I can see where you are coming from. I actually searched on the web to see what happens when you choose 'Deathwish'. I thought at first that it meant either kill both Mike and Trevor, or kill Franklin.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

I didn't look anything up, I used common sense.  

It seems to be a rare super power these days.   :lol:

GR0VE4LIF3
  • GR0VE4LIF3

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

hes not a f*cking redneck douchebag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users