Quantcast

» «
Photo

Concerning Grove Street and the Ballas (San andreas Spoiler)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic
Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

As we all know from playing. Grove street is now ballas turf, Purple clothing and cars everywhere...

hqdefault.jpg

I seen some people complaining about the families not being there anymore, But keep in mind that the Grove was always hot territory ever since San Andreas...Think of when Sweet went to penitentiary and Carl was thrown out into the woods, The Balls took their opportunity (of course with Big smokes help)

But Its not only that, But every time In free roam when i took a road trip to visit the other cities and came back, there was always at least one group of ballas hanging out in front of OG loc's house or Sweet's house, So Grove never was exclusive to the families, It was just their hangout when they lived there in the early 90s

hqdefault.jpg

By now, Sweet, Carl and Kendl could have been haunted by the thought of their mom dying, that they wanted to put it all behind them and move to higher living in Las Venturas, or CJ and cesar could have stayed in San Fierro working on cars

I dont give a damn about "Universes" San andreas still happened, and It looks like They all moved away and the ballas took their chance

• Big Danny K and theGTAking101 like this

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Bump, This forum is very active today

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yea a lot can happen in 20 years. f*ck that different universes sh*t, I consider it cannon in my head. That universe sh*t was just a quick response so they can do away with old characters, if that question was never asked we'd never have a different universe theory thing or whatever.

With that being said, like I said a lot can go down in twenty years.
  • John Marston, theGTAking101, TGroves14 and 1 other like this

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Yea a lot can happen in 20 years. f*ck that different universes sh*t, I consider it cannon in my head. That universe sh*t was just a quick response so they can do away with old characters, if that question was never asked we'd never have a different universe theory thing or whatever.

Yes true very true....I think Near 93 they all moved out, Because At the end of the game after Tenpenny was killed, they were all discussing their future in CJ's house, It gave me the impression they were wrapping up their story in Grove street. 

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

i'm hoping for a grove street dlc.

• cheetah_7 and theGTAking101 like this

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yes true very true....I think Near 93 they all moved out, Because At the end of the game after Tenpenny was killed, they were all discussing their future in CJ's house, It gave me the impression they were wrapping up their story in Grove street. 

I don't even think they remained in GS for the long term, and when they finally moved out, all the drug pushers used it an opportunity to come back and start pushing their sh*t there again. Maybe it had no gang turf for a couple years and was just a hot crack spot.

Maybe the city tried to renovate it after it turned into a complete crack hen dump which Is why there are new houses and removed houses, and all the new families that moved in had lil future ballas who grew up and started banging on the renovated grove street.

I might do some creative wiring on this.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

It's simple as this. Let's consider both universes are tied together. After the events in SA, you know Salvatore Leone isn't going to forget about CJ f*cking him over the way he did. Why you think Toni Cipriani went into hiding for years? I think Sal sent him to kill CJ, and Sweet, and whoever else he could get his hands on down there. There's got to be a reason Toni was like a son to him and he favored him the way he did. Without CJ and without Sweet, Grove gang goes to complete sh*t. They can't even survive when CJ leaves Los Santos after Sweet gets arrested.

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:54 PM Edited by omer19992010, 05 October 2013 - 06:55 PM.

gsf green flag
In the mission Hood Safari Franklin and Lamar were talking about how Grove Street used to be Famillies Turf.
  • Big Danny K likes this

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I don't even think they remained in GS for the long term, and when they finally moved out, all the drug pushers used it an opportunity to come back and start pushing their sh*t there again. Maybe it had no gang turf for a couple years and was just a hot crack spot.

Maybe the city tried to renovate it after it turned into a complete crack hen dump which Is why there are new houses and removed houses, and all the new families that moved in had lil future ballas who grew up and started banging on the renovated grove street.

I might do some creative wiring on this.

Yeah thats probably what happened..There should be a story about a young balla when hes a little kid, seeing his older siblings talking about taking over the grove, and he gets jumped in later when hes a man...And that story will kind of give us a little clarity of what happened after the events of San Andreas. You should write about this

Soda and Soap
  • Soda and Soap

Dr Pepper

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by Soda and Soap, 05 October 2013 - 07:06 PM.

gsf green flag
In the mission Hood Safari Franklin and Lamar were talking about how Grove Street used to be Famillies Turf.

This confused me a lot, to me this is not the same Grove Street from GTA San Andreas. This is a whole different world, theres no bridge before you go into it, The Johnson House is not there, it's a completely whole different Grove street which has probably been a purple hood for many years.

When Lamar does mention Families, he doesn't mention Sweet, CJ or anybody, he just said something along the lines of "Grove was a Families turf a long time ago". This can mean many things, this could mean a Families gang could have operated from Grove Street in the 1960s or 1970s!

Or maybe at 1 point every black gang in South LS wore green, & then as years went by the Families had internal problems within each set & 1 side decided to wear purple, just like the real life bloods & crips. 

• ONEkingscar likes this

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

gsf green flag

This confused me a lot, to me this is not the same Grove Street from GTA San Andreas. This is a whole different world, theres no bridge before you go into it, The Johnson House is not there, it's a completely whole different Grove street which has probably been a purple hood for many years.

When Lamar does mention Families, he doesn't mention Sweet, CJ or anybody, he just said something along the lines of "Grove was a Families turf a long time ago". This can mean many things, this could mean a Families gang could have operated from Grove Street in the 1960s or 1970s!

Or maybe at 1 point every black gang in South LS wore green, & then as years went by the Families had internal problems within each set & 1 side decided to wear purple, just like the real life bloods & crips. 

Another good scenario. because depending on our choice, The families can own all of Los Santos. Every gang has internal beef

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

gsf green flag

Well the bridge thing can be easily explained. A lot of US cities tend to go trough city wide renovations where certain land marks are torn down and revamped.

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

gsf green flag

that didnt happen with all bloods and crips.. bloods formed to protect against crips.. 

and nah the families talk about- OG Johnsons.. 

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by daggerbomb, 05 October 2013 - 07:22 PM.

I dont give a damn about "Universes" San andreas still happened, and It looks like They all moved away and the ballas took their chance

f*ck yeah nigga :D

and yeah this forum hasnt been very active because they are lazy f*cks

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I agree that there is room to allow the universes to merge over one another. Unless two GTA games are set to take place at the exact same time in the same city, I think its fine to believe the events of San Andreas occurred in the same world as V, or 3 before IV within reason.

And as the OP said, Grove Street was always hot territory so its likely that it would be taken over by a different gang by now. If a character like CJ was to exist in V's world, he wouldn't still be hanging around the hood sipping 40 ounce bottles and slanging rock, he'd be well on his way to being an investor or real estate tycoon, something along those lines. With that in mind, the Grove Street Families are referred to by Franklin and Lamar later in the game so they did exist at one point.

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Nigga we'll be active f*ck the other marks. But y'all know some mods might come through and close this topic cuz we all know how they feel
about OG CJ.

BlackJackTomato
  • BlackJackTomato

The Truth

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by BlackJackTomato, 05 October 2013 - 07:28 PM.

GTA V and GTA SA aren't on the same universe.

The Groove on GTA V isn't the Groove of SA, Jesus, everything is different, including San Andreas, I mean. HOW THE HELL GTA V AND SA ARE ON THE SAME UNIVERSE? Only if San Fierro and Las Venturas has suffer the biggest earthquake ever and be completly destroyed or whatever.

The only solution is if the universe of GTA V has a Groove Street Families, but isn't the GSF of SA. That's bad, I was expectin nostalgia, but...

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

The Groove on GTA V isn't the Groove of SA, Jesus, everything is different, including San Andreas, I mean. HOW THE HELL GTA V AND SA ARE ON THE SAME UNIVERSE? Only if San Fierro and Las Venturas has suffer the biggest earthquake ever and be completly destroyed or whatever.

The only solution is if the universe of GTA V has a Groove Street Families, but isn't the GSF of SA. That's bad, I was expectin nostalgia, but...

fk u and ur sh*t nigga

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:32 PM Edited by TheWarzoneXL, 05 October 2013 - 07:38 PM.

San Andreas and GTA V are on separate canons. The only things to carry over are city names, product brands, and some select radio personalities.

Having Grove St. in GTA V is simply a reference to San Andreas, just like the airport in GTA IV having the same name as the one in GTA III. 

• Soda and Soap and BlackJackTomato like this

BlackJackTomato
  • BlackJackTomato

The Truth

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Maybe Merrywater dropped some Atomic Bombs on LV and SF!

Seems legit.

Nikobomber
  • Nikobomber

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

San Andreas and GTA V are on separate canons. The only things to carry over are city names, product brands, and some select radio personalities.

Let us have our fun you f*cking dickhead.

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Bro, I said in my post I dont give a f*ck about universes, This obviously isnt the topic to talk about it 

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Seems legit.

damn nigga what u been smokin

GSF Green Flag
  • GSF Green Flag

Street Sweeper

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

So why is there an HD render of Madd Dogg in franklins room? They even rendered Claude in HD for online mode.

RockStar is good and all and my fav producers but honestly they've always been mad sh*t when it comes to continuity. This has been shown in games such as the stories expansion for both vice city and gta3. I guess after they realized this they tried to cover their tracks by saying the HD games are in a diff universe. But even with that claim, their continuity still sucks and can't even support their own notion because if that's really the case, what's the point of having an HD render of MADD dogg if only names and brands are supposed to carry over? It's the same MADD dogg. He looks the same and everything.

Rock* messed up. They have good stories, they just need to focus on continuity better and tried to take the easy way out. If they were book publishers they would fail big time.
  • UltraGizmo64 and Xenology like this

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Seems legit.

hes not high, He's just trying to say That my post was stupid

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

You can have your fun, but that doesn't change facts, prick. 

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

f*ck u and ur bullsh*t

• Deadly Target likes this

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Seems legit.

hes not high, He's just trying to say That my post was stupid

he just some wannabe that TRYING to be black... saying n***a in every sentence... i know black gang members that dont even say it that many times...

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

f*ck u and ur bullsh*t

It's not bullsh*t if it's true. 

robp77
  • robp77

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

GTA:V should've been set in the 1970's with Franklin as the only protag. Showing us how he built the families up from nothing and how the families and ballas came to hate each other. It would've been even better if Franklin or his 1970's equivalent was CJ and/or Sweet's dad. 

• ruthless88 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users