Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is GTA: Online a waste of development time and resources?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Is GTA: Online a waste of development time and resources? (90 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think GTA: Online is a waste of development time and resources?

1. Yes, I think GTA: Online is a waste of precious development time and resources (35 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

2. No, I think GTA: Online is absolutely worth the extended development time and resources it needed to have to function (40 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. I don't know yet, I have to spend more time with it to give my opinion on that (15 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote
Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Personally, I'd be much happier if Rockstar forgot about the multiplayer mode and focused more on the single player experience. I was always an SP guy, and seeing as the whole Online thing doesn't live up to the hype, I'm starting to think that Rockstar just wasted their time and resources that could instead be put into the single player mode, to make it even more playable.

What do you think?

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Doesn't live up to the hype? What did you expect, talking unicorns with big breasts in online mode?

Not only did they added an online feature to the game (ONLINE modes you know, the mode that simply allows you to play it online with other players), they also added missions, an economy system and the freedom to whatever you want on the map... again, what are you on about? Stop bitching and stuff a tampon up your nose.
  • pitan666 likes this

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Online hasn't even been out a week and suddenly ur an expert?
This 1 of the biggest project ever in gaming and millions off people are trying to get online at the same time and every f*cking asshole 14 year old pissrat is complaining and whining!

If you don't like it don't f*cking play the game, simple as that.

lh1
  • lh1

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

Gentlemen when you see this sign, it's best not to argue.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Doesn't live up to the hype? What did you expect, talking unicorns with big breasts in online mode?

Not only did they added an online feature to the game (ONLINE modes you know, the mode that simply allows you to play it online with other players), they also added missions, an economy system and the freedom to whatever you want on the map... again, what are you on about? Stop bitching and stuff a tampon up your nose.

I guess you don't entirely understand the whole meaning of this topic.

GTA: Online is surely full of various content that will occupy everyone for long hours. 500-700 missions, or something like that. Astonishing. But was it really necessary? All that work and money, wouldn't it be better if it was put into making the single player mode even better?

• gtafan899 likes this

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

Online sucks.

Just work on SP please.

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

GTA: Online is surely full of various content that will occupy everyone for long hours. 500-700 missions, or something like that. Astonishing. But was it really necessary? All that work and money, wouldn't it be better if it was put into making the single player mode even better?

So trying to give the gaming community something fresh and original is a bad thing?

Galdoron
  • Galdoron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

This is just stupid.  Of course if you poll people in middle of all the server issues, not even a WEEK after launch, they're going to be aggravated and say it's a waste of resources.  Ask again in 6 months, once heists are in, the servers run fine, and people forget this whole fiasco.  

It's not as much of a waste of resources as GTA IV was, thankfully.  Glad I gave R* a second chance.

Ragnarok635
  • Ragnarok635

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

No, just because you don't like something doesn't mean that they should get rid of it completely. On the contrary, I am loving GTA Online and it has far better replay value than the singleplayer.

Rockstar isn't catering to you only.

EscobarVice
  • EscobarVice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Personally, I'd be much happier if Rockstar forgot about the multiplayer mode and focused more on the single player experience. I was always an SP guy, and seeing as the whole Online thing doesn't live up to the hype, I'm starting to think that Rockstar just wasted their time and resources that could instead be put into the single player mode, to make it even more playable.

What do you think?

I'm also a single-player guy, the only time I've every played GTA multiplayer was when I tried out IV's and I didn't like it. I'll probably get hate for this post but I do think it was a waste of time.

• vivalavendredi likes this

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

The online is a mess

CrazyVRN
  • CrazyVRN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Totally agreed. While singleplayer in GTA5 is great after you do all main and side missions there's nothing else to do. I really want free roam after story to be more lively and fun, I want have random missions, gang fights, properties, garages, fun weapons and stuff like that. But R* just tell me go and play online which I don't wanna.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

well GTA Online IS 100x better than singleplayer, so it wasnt a waste.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

So trying to give the gaming community something fresh and original is a bad thing?

Yes, Rockstar should stick to what they do best, Single f*ckin Player modes. Sorry, but i have played about 25 hours of GTA Online, and it's f*cking hideous.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

I'm not sure yet.

At the moment, I still think SP is far better and it does bug me to think that it could have been even better if they hadn't focussed so much on MP.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

i wish online didn't exist v would probably look different without online

lh1
  • lh1

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

well GTA Online IS 100x better than singleplayer, so it wasnt a waste.

That's a great PR talk mate ! 

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

I certainly more comfy playing in Single Player, I just feel awkward when people are watching my every move (not really) but it does restrict my freedom.

I'm kinda like the "Anti-Troll" I am the type of guy who would at all cost, avoid pissing off other players as I feel it would bite me in the ass later. I'm that ultra conservative player everyone makes fun of, that's why when I play multiplayer, I tend to avoid the other players like a plague.

I played GTA Online, in freeroam I avoid other players but when I do jobs with other players, it is kinda fun :D I enjoy it, but with my personality its obvious that I am not much of a multiplayer guy, so I have no knowledge weather GTA Online is a good multiplayer game or not.

But TL:DR. I'm not the guy to ask (makes my wonder why I am commenting at all) but GTA Online is certainly still worth the extra development cost and time. It isn't just a tacked on multiplayer mode for the kiddies to enjoy, it is deep and very well developed. It may have a few connection issues, a few bugs. But thats just due to the amount of people playing it. 

To think something as well made as this is bundled up with the (in my opinion) the greatest GTA game ever and that 60$ you paid for it pails in comparison to the content you are receiving. 

Galdoron
  • Galdoron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

This thread is a joke, please lock this mods.  All it's going to start is a flame war and trolling because Online is such a heated topic right now.

Online isn't going anywhere. That's where R* wants to focus.  Deal with it or don't play.  Either way they still got your money. :)

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

Things missing from SP:

Drug Trafficking- Destroy the competitions supply and manufacture wholesale

Gang Wars- Take down gang hideouts, drive by's.

Set up your own heists after the story

More than 3 repeating arm trafficking missions

Could have made the cult last for more than just 4 people

More Assassination missions, (GTA IV had more)

Demolition Derby

Maybe a fishing mini game where you own a boat and have to harpoon/net a variety of fish

A black market for stolen cars (like Online)

More "In Depth" legit businesses that can be bought and run.

Just a few things that could have added 100+ more hours of gaming.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

This thread is a joke, please lock this mods.  All it's going to start is a flame war and trolling because Online is such a heated topic right now.

Online isn't going anywhere. That's where R* wants to focus.  Deal with it or don't play.  Either way they still got your money. :)

Well anyway, I am not forced to buy their products. The reason EA is hated but still makes tons of money is simple, do you know a lot of developers who make FIFA or NHL games ? No ? Exactly. They can sell all those Sims games because nobody makes those. Unlike GTA's. The sandbox genre is getting more and more popular and the choice is getting bigger. So it's up to Rockstar to entice me to buy theirs.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm glad to see these problems with GTAO. And I'm hoping that things get much worse.

GTA was, is, and always will be a SP game.

Multiplayer modes can be fun at first, but a separate online game? f*ck off.

• ThroatSlasher2 and gtafan899 like this

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I love Online i hope they will develop it for many years. And i think mid next week everything will be smoth.
So yes love online!!

Galdoron
  • Galdoron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm glad to see these problems with GTAO. And I'm hoping that things get much worse.

You sound like a 60 year old man that hates cell phones: "I'm glad to see there's no cell service, humans were meant to communicate face to face!!11!"

Innovation. Embrace it.  There's no reason there can't be both.  The SP alone is bigger and has more content than past GTAs.  Stop whining, it's becoming abundantly clear that online gaming is the future.  R* knows this and they are embracing it.

P.S.  No, you're not forced to buy their titles, but I'd bet my last dollar that you'll buy the next GTA.

PiggsyV
  • PiggsyV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

the online is boring im at rank 19 and i was falling asleep trying to finish a deathmatch 

i got bored of the game and plan on buying B4 and COD ghosts and maybe the new zelda game for the wii u just so i can forget about gta 5  

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

You sound like a 60 year old man that hates cell phones: "I'm glad to see there's no cell service, humans were meant to communicate face to face!!11!"

Innovation. Embrace it.  There's no reason there can't be both.  The SP alone is bigger and has more content than past GTAs.  Stop whining, it's becoming abundantly clear that online gaming is the future.  R* knows this and they are embracing it.

P.S.  No, you're not forced to buy their titles, but I'd bet my last dollar that you'll buy the next GTA.

Of course I will, GTA III was my first game ever. It's hard to resist, but, if that one doesn't make it count, it's going to be my last.

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Online is what you make it. Create your own missions. Me and 4 friends last night took 5 helicopters to the military base and invaded it like d day. Then stole the jets and raced across the skies. When we finally decided to shoot each other down.

Next we 2 of us took helicopters and flew the crew up to the bank tower roof and they jumped off and parachuted then we would chase them down in the helicopter and try to cut the parachute.

Believe it or not you can gain RP by just fooling around with friends. You need robberies and mission for cash though.

Azazel
  • Azazel

Rhododendron.

• None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

We can have one of these votes once GTA Online is functioning properly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users