Photo

Any tips on unlocking car mod parts?

25 replies to this topic
SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm finding my self getting really stuck on unlocking mod parts in online matches.

Driving is my fav but there is this unfair advantage most of the time.

1.The host enables custom cars so they win cause they have faster custom cars

2.I need to make my car faster... but i can't because i need to win racers which i cant because of the reason above

3.I need to win racers with a certain type of car as well which is usually he wrong type of car when i race

4.I had an intense race only just came 2nd much fun! But at the end of the race i only earned money and still no mod parts because it must be 1st! Now iv'e got 3 wins 3 losses ):

Any tips to help a racer out?

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

There's a menu in stats that shows you what to unlock and how to unlock it.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Sadly, your best bet is to get a friend and take turns winning. Their system is usually flawed by the custom cars, as you pointed out.

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by avfc1991, 05 October 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Do loads of races. It is really tough though.

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

Do loads of races. It is really tough though.

Yea that's what i hate. The winners get faster cars making it even harder. Loosers stay loosers xD

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Sadly, your best bet is to get a friend and take turns winning. Their system is usually flawed by the custom cars, as you pointed out.

I will try

HitGta
  • HitGta

EDM

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Well ehh, you COULD host your own game, and turn off custom cars? I don't know... Just a thought.

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by Saint., 05 October 2013 - 03:36 PM.

I've lost the first 3 races (came in 4th/5th) repeatedly, but eventually I've started gaining more wins on first place and such.. 

You have to deal with the lag at times,and also be keen to notice your mini-map for sharp turns,as that's where people lose it for the most part. Custom cars don't really matter much unless its heavily modified too :). Just keep racing,you'll definitly be more responsive to tight situations,which might just help you in winning :D

Appleshampoo
  • Appleshampoo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Well ehh, you COULD host your own game, and turn off custom cars? I don't know... Just a thought.

Yeah I was just gonna say this. Or make a friend and a host games and set the rules and take turns winning.

nervousnerd
  • nervousnerd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Also, maybe it is your car. Only the engine mods and boost really have any bearing on how fast a car really is in my opinion. You might want to store it and try to find a faster one until you start winning.

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 05 October 2013 - 04:21 PM.

I don't think that it's really that thought through.

I mean i have to win racers with my exact SUV to get better things for my SUV to make it better

But there are other SUV's out there that our faster than my SUV even not upgraded

So i have to farm with my SUV to actually make it better with mod parts because my SUV is generally not a fast SUV to win :L

Cheers for the help guys as well!

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

Legit Business

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

This!
I was also wondering how the unlocking of car parts works, was dissapointed to see you need to win races rather than just complete them. I was looking forward to having a drift futo online but I dont think that will be happening. Note that winning races in solo does not count sadly

PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

IMO it was a really bad idea to only allow us to unlock mods by doing races only.

Magnias
  • Magnias

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Actually, you unlock engine performance mods by winning races with that specific CLASS of car, not the car itself. The mods that alter appearances are unlocked by ranks. Pretty good idea on R*'s part actually. Make you work to make your car faster, but let you make your car look sweet by just leveling up.

desperado558
  • desperado558

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

I feel as if vehicle unlocks should be tied to the amount of RP you gain during races.  (Not during all jobs, just race gained RP specifically)  That would reward you based on your performance during the race regardless of how you finish.  Would be a much more solid way to do things, still rewarding those who win a considerably greater amount.

Orrangejuice
  • Orrangejuice

Macaroni and Steez

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

I love how they did all the car unlocks in online. My futo is coming along nicely, just needs the last engine upgrade.

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

Legit Business

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:58 PM Edited by MAR10HD, 06 October 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Actually, you unlock engine performance mods by winning races with that specific CLASS of car, not the car itself.

This is true but then if you wanted to end up with a slower modified car in order to get it you will need to first buy more than likely whatever is fastest in that class and modify it to be able to win races. In turn spending your hard earned money on something you dont want to help get what you need!

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

IMO it was a really bad idea to only allow us to unlock mods by doing races only.

It stops people who buy GTA$ from simply buying all the best mods.

midniteryu
  • midniteryu

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

I agree it's a good stop gap for players who buy their GTA$, but I do like the above ideas of instead of races won you use RP gained by races only and/or races completed. Also why not make impromptu races count as well.

Macca93
  • Macca93

Leeds United

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

How? You want a faster car, you have to race for it, IMO it makes perfect sense.

No2 PoLo
  • No2 PoLo

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

cant you just spam race after race with just u in it?

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

Gotta love getting screwed out of a win because someone wants to play bumper cars. 

>_<

• jamrag2009 likes this

PittDawg
  • PittDawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

It stops people who buy GTA$ from simply buying all the best mods.

But they would still have to be a specific rank in order to unlock said mod. I'm not suggesting all car mods be unlocked from the start.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

Im looking for someone to do unlocks with. If you do super car races, it unlocks the items for all other classes. I need someone to do a on lap race with and trade wins. You gain RP, cash, and wins!!!. Message me on psn. "hukmonky"

Gphunk87
  • Gphunk87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Damn I was just on....! Psn Gphunk87 I also. Need unlocks... Add me!

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

You just gotta keep doing races. I have everything i care about unlocked now without having to trade wins. you need 20 i think it was for turbo. After you get that the other cars dont have a big advantage on you, even fully modded. With slipstream there advantage is nullified. Plus half of them also traded wins to unlock and dont actually know how to race. They have only done CR repeatedly and actual turns they try going through full speed and you laugh as there upside down in a lamp post 50 ft past the turn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users