» «
Photo

The issue with the "Bad Sport" system

18 replies to this topic
ProfSheen
  • ProfSheen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by ProfSheen, 05 October 2013 - 01:05 PM.

So, there I am. I've just joined back into a random session and banked my cash after completing a car delivery for Simeon. I head to my car and get into the drivers seat when I spot a player in the alley I had just came from running towards me.

As he was on foot, I thought he may want a lift somewhere and so I waited patiently as I watched him run down the alley towards me. As he neared, I began honking to hopefully entice him to get into my car and go on a cruise some place. When he was very close, it is then that I noticed his name. Before I could accelerate and escape, I_NO_UR_MOM had drawn his weapon and shot me in the face.

As I respawned, slightly angered by my own stupidity but more angry that I was obviously no threat to this player before he killed me, I was met with the bonnet of a car as soon as I regained control of my character and was killed. I_NO_UR_MOM had waited for me to respawn, gotten in his car and then ran me down instantly.

At the point of boiling over so bad I could cook potatoes, I ran to my vehicle and marked I_NO_UR_MOM on my map and began my chase. A short chase resulted in me shooting him in the back of the head as he fled in his vehicle and while he was respawning, I took the liberty of blowing up his vehicle. I then get back in mine, and proceed to drive away. I then notice someone appearing infront of me... It can only be one person. I ran I_NO_UR_MOM into the ground and killed him once more, doing unto him what he had done to me.

My issue with this is that when I destroyed his vehicle, I was labelled a "Bad Sport". Why? Is he not a "Bad Sport" for shooting me in the face when all I wanted was a chat and a cruise?

On the face of it, Bad/Good Sport systems are a good idea, but I think this is evidence enough that they are hard to implement.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Being labelled a "Bad Sport" for enacting revenge?

• AusyAndy likes this

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

I've had a similar situation. Got someone to escape from the cops after robbing a store, they exited the vehicle and just shot me in the head.

I was pissed.

I don't get how spawn killing or just massacuring other players for no reason is not punished, yet blowing up a vehicle is.

I mean, you loose like 5K if you're killed, but the vehicle costs only 500 to replace under insurence.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:11 PM Edited by bloodblossom, 05 October 2013 - 01:13 PM.

easy way to avoid bad sport... instead of destroying the vehicle pop all the tires... if you destroy his vehicle you have to pay for a new one for him anyways.. so instead destroy all the tires... then he wont be able to get it to a garage easily and thus have no vehicle for awhile.

much better than destroying it and then having to pay for a new one for him with your own cash.

especially since it can cost over 9-10k to get a replacement.. imagine destroying that car only to get stuck with the 9-10k bill.. thats 2 deaths just for blowing up his car.

blow up the car he gets a new one right away... shoot the tires he has to drive a car with no tires back to the garage and pay with his own money for repairs.

• _iNciNeraToR_ likes this

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Retaliation should not label you a bad sport, I've blew up 2 idiots personal cars, how long till I get the official bad sport label?
  • _iNciNeraToR_ likes this

_iNciNeraToR_
  • _iNciNeraToR_

Blazin it up

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

That is seriously bunk, but I had read (before your post) that if you blow up player owned vehicles you'll get marked. The advice i saw, shoot out the tires, and just harass him :/

I was a bit worried after getting a warning when I left the shooting range after 3 rounds. I hadn't seen the option to quit after the first two rounds, and I was ahead 2-1 winning the second and third consecutively. So I thought it was done, and the option to quit was a legit good-sport way out... Not so much...

Anyways, I feel your pain, i however lucked out just before one death and hopped into a helicopter that had just landed near the port.

Another time i wasnt so lucky, spawned in from a mission(luckily banked my cash) but was then run down as I was climbing into a vehicle (this guy got so lucky hauling ASS from outside of my minimap to barely clip me) then he backed over me several times as I tried to get up and hop over his car... Again on the respawn... Very frustrating. I chased him down till he put passive mode on...

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

My issue with the bad sport system is that when we all have tanks, and we're having massive 8 vs 8 tank battles in the streets of LS, everybody will be labelled "Bad Sports" as we're all destroying one another's vehicles lmfao. I feel that Rockstar didn't think this one out at all.

el superhippo
  • el superhippo

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by el superhippo, 05 October 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Many times. This one was the most recent example:

Im doing a gang hideout, when some dick out of nowhere tries to ram me into a wall while im taking cover. Naturally instincts kicked in and I jumped over a divider to safety. Out of desperation from being surrounded by like 10 gang npcs and some maniac in a car I do the correct thing and defend myself with extreme prejudice and force. I toss a grenade and it works.

I wipe out more than half of my attackers, the driver included.

Unfortunately I was labeled a bad sport

(or at least I got a point towards being labeled one)

Now doesnt that make me the victim?

Are we not allowed to use the explosives given to us by the devs themselves?

I assume not, we dont want to risk blowing up someones expensive car now would we?

The whole system is stupid, and should only be used for hackers, cheaters, etc

Here are some acceptable situations in which the bad sport system can be and should be used: (not PVP on free roam)

A. Leaving a race just because you are losing.

B. Spawn camping/trapping

C. Sending abusive texts to players

D.Purposely blocking the entrance to a store/gun shop with your car and enabling passive mode so no one may enter nor leave the store

E.Driving said car into a shop and opening fire onto anyone who may be shopping inside

Anything else such as being shot as soon as you exit a store you just robbed, or being mowed down multiple times should not be considered "bad". In free roam this type of behavior should be encouraged and expected. Because well...its free roam. you never know who you will meet. However, When playing a job/mission where good sportsmanship and team work are expected-well then, there is when you should act "good" and report any dicks.

Besides. anyone who worries about getting their precious car blown up-insure it. Money comes across fairly easy. My crew and I survived a survival job and each earned 20 grand.

Leevikingpin
  • Leevikingpin

The original Kingpin of GD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

That is seriously bunk, but I had read (before your post) that if you blow up player owned vehicles you'll get marked. The advice i saw, shoot out the tires, and just harass him :/

I was a bit worried after getting a warning when I left the shooting range after 3 rounds. I hadn't seen the option to quit after the first two rounds, and I was ahead 2-1 winning the second and third consecutively. So I thought it was done, and the option to quit was a legit good-sport way out... Not so much...

Anyways, I feel your pain, i however lucked out just before one death and hopped into a helicopter that had just landed near the port.

Another time i wasnt so lucky, spawned in from a mission(luckily banked my cash) but was then run down as I was climbing into a vehicle (this guy got so lucky hauling ASS from outside of my minimap to barely clip me) then he backed over me several times as I tried to get up and hop over his car... Again on the respawn... Very frustrating. I chased him down till he put passive mode on...

That last story wasn't me by any chance was it?

_iNciNeraToR_
  • _iNciNeraToR_

Blazin it up

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

That last story wasn't me by any chance was it?

Haha i dont know! You on PS3?

Leevikingpin
  • Leevikingpin

The original Kingpin of GD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Yh, what's your name on PSN? And if it was me then I apologise, I thought you killed me first.
It must have been someone else!

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

How do you honk your car?

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

"Click" and hold  the left analogue stick. On emergency vehicles you can tap it to turn the siren on, tap several times to "Blip" the siren, and hold it down to use the air horn/change siren.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

"Click" and hold  the left analogue stick. On emergency vehicles you can tap it to turn the siren on, tap several times to "Blip" the siren, and hold it down to use the air horn/change siren.

LOL now I feel stupid. Thank you.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

LOL now I feel stupid. Thank you.

Don't worry, you are.

BlackJack7
  • BlackJack7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by BlackJack7, 05 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

So, there I am. I've just joined back into a random session and banked my cash after completing a car delivery for Simeon. I head to my car and get into the drivers seat when I spot a player in the alley I had just came from running towards me.

As he was on foot, I thought he may want a lift somewhere and so I waited patiently as I watched him run down the alley towards me. As he neared, I began honking to hopefully entice him to get into my car and go on a cruise some place. When he was very close, it is then that I noticed his name. Before I could accelerate and escape, I_NO_UR_MOM had drawn his weapon and shot me in the face.

As I respawned, slightly angered by my own stupidity but more angry that I was obviously no threat to this player before he killed me, I was met with the bonnet of a car as soon as I regained control of my character and was killed. I_NO_UR_MOM had waited for me to respawn, gotten in his car and then ran me down instantly.

At the point of boiling over so bad I could cook potatoes, I ran to my vehicle and marked I_NO_UR_MOM on my map and began my chase. A short chase resulted in me shooting him in the back of the head as he fled in his vehicle and while he was respawning, I took the liberty of blowing up his vehicle. I then get back in mine, and proceed to drive away. I then notice someone appearing infront of me... It can only be one person. I ran I_NO_UR_MOM into the ground and killed him once more, doing unto him what he had done to me.

My issue with this is that when I destroyed his vehicle, I was labelled a "Bad Sport". Why? Is he not a "Bad Sport" for shooting me in the face when all I wanted was a chat and a cruise?

On the face of it, Bad/Good Sport systems are a good idea, but I think this is evidence enough that they are hard to implement.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Being labelled a "Bad Sport" for enacting revenge?

So you get labled a bad sport or a good sport based on your actions also limiting who you can play with in death match lobby? and on top of that they ruin the unpredictablillity of the game. If ur scared of letting some guy into ur crew just check if hes a good or bad sport over all the system sucks they just need to punish those who ruin other player's cars in a way that's also fun but still a punishment like maybe getting 4 stars when you blow up the car or something like that. It would still be fun but people would not always blow up the car.

BlackJack7
  • BlackJack7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I've had a similar situation. Got someone to escape from the cops after robbing a store, they exited the vehicle and just shot me in the head.

I was pissed.

I don't get how spawn killing or just massacuring other players for no reason is not punished, yet blowing up a vehicle is.

I mean, you loose like 5K if you're killed, but the vehicle costs only 500 to replace under insurence.

They need to change the spawning its ridiculous, why would the guy u just killed 30 seconds ago spawn behind u? Im reffering to free mode of course

LillyOfTheValley
  • LillyOfTheValley

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I've blew someone's car up before, because he was griefing me. You did the right thing. You would have only got a warning for it though so technically you are still a good sport.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yeah... it's BS being chased by level 50's with funky colored guns and their infinitely fast car worth a crap ton of money. But, as was the case with quite a bit of GTA Online and this "failure to launch" issue we had, it just wasn't thought out this far. I'm sure RockStar knew the 200+/- people who beta tested would play well together- wanting to see what Online had to offer. But now, more than 1M people at any one time all trying to locate every glitch, every exploit and out of place pixel so they can have that extra edge. I suppose that's why patches are put out. Things change. Halo Reach & 4 are no where near the games they used to be. Some things for the better. Others for the worse. But GTA and Online will be changed many times before RockStar just gets tired of trying to please everyone and moves on the way every company does. *cough*EA*cough*

ProfSheen
  • ProfSheen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

this 

Yeah... it's BS being chased by level 50's with funky colored guns and their infinitely fast car worth a crap ton of money. But, as was the case with quite a bit of GTA Online and this "failure to launch" issue we had, it just wasn't thought out this far. I'm sure RockStar knew the 200+/- people who beta tested would play well together- wanting to see what Online had to offer. But now, more than 1M people at any one time all trying to locate every glitch, every exploit and out of place pixel so they can have that extra edge. I suppose that's why patches are put out. Things change. Halo Reach & 4 are no where near the games they used to be. Some things for the better. Others for the worse. But GTA and Online will be changed many times before RockStar just gets tired of trying to please everyone and moves on the way every company does. *cough*EA*cough*

I doubt R* will abandon GTA Online any time soon. It's proved to be hugely successful and as of now appears to be somewhat stable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users