» «
Photo

Cover system is really broken

19 replies to this topic
meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:51 PM Edited by meetreez, 05 October 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Before anybody flames me for complaining, I'm not. I'm merely warning those who haven't noticed that the cover system is broken, and really just kind of telling a story.

I had a bounty placed on my head this morning and thought I would make a cool "movie scene" out of it, if you will. I decided I'd go to the stip joint and grab a couple shots to steady my nerves and just lie in wait for the inevitable. I saw the parking lot fill up with white dots on the radar, so then was the time to break out the heat. Only... I couldn't... I didn't realize that you can't arm yourself inside of the strip joint. So that was a fatal error. I had to go outside and meet my maker. Fortunately a popped one dude when I got out and managed to get some cover. The problem was that the cover was kind of low, and the game doesn't take into account that your head might stick out a bit, and even just half and inch could very well be detrimental to your health. This was the case in my scenario. Two dudes rolled up in a muscle car and the guy riding in the back started spraying with his mac in my direction. The frigging button on my hat got clipped and I go down as it registered as a headshot. Haha I made all the right moves, but I still got smoked in the end.

• Futo likes this

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

good story. cover can be weird and frustrating agree on that. 

I like hearing people who embrace the bounty mode. I love being a bounty hunter.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 05 October 2013 - 01:01 PM.

So that was a fatal error. I had to go outside and meet my maker.

Actually, wasn't your fatal error going outside? If you can't arm yourself in the strip club, you could have just waited there for the bounty to wear off. Or started a massive fist-fight to defend yourself.

I agree though, i've had some odd instances with cover. Like once where someone pistol whipped me through a wall.

Bakb0ne
  • Bakb0ne

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

You made the mistake of hiding behind low cover, cover system is fine if you use some common sense.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

You made the mistake of hiding behind low cover, cover system is fine if you use some common sense.

why would the game allow him to use the low cover as cover in the first place then if it isn't even cover?

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

why would the game allow him to use the low cover as cover in the first place then if it isn't even cover?

^This. I personally think that if your character goes behind low cover, his head should go down low as well. That's what I would do. f*ck, I'd be lying on my belly if I really had to lol.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

good story. cover can be weird and frustrating agree on that. 

I like hearing people who embrace the bounty mode. I love being a bounty hunter.

Nice, hopefully we get into some gnarly chase/shootout some time ;)

avfc1991
  • avfc1991

KATY PERRY <3

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Should have just gone to LS customs, they can't get you in there.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, I know that about LS Customs... But I wanted to get into a massive shootout in the strip club. Like in some gangster movie.

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

I loled at button on the hat

_iNciNeraToR_
  • _iNciNeraToR_

Blazin it up

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

I think the cover system is how it was designed, the low cover should be temporary until you can find full cover, i admit it is frustrating, but the AI seems to have a harder time exploiting it than humans...

As for the strip club, is it like ammu-nation where you can walk in with your gun drawn? (I'm nearly positive you can't in single player, but maybe multiplayer for this reason right here?)

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, as soon as you walk into the strip club, you holster your weapon and can't pull it out until leaving the building. I was really hoping to get into a sweet gun fight with bottles smashing every where. Hookers getting blasted in the crossfire. It would have been epic.

• _iNciNeraToR_ likes this

el superhippo
  • el superhippo

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by el superhippo, 05 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

wrong move. you need to think on your feet. Get near the exit, pop some tear gas and run to get distance. If you are fighting more than two people, its never a good idea to be that close. Now if I remember correctly there should be a back entrance, as well as a ladder you could have climbed.

Dont blame the cover, you should have moved around. If you know the cover sucked why would you stay in said cover. You should have kept moving to the next possible cover. IF I were you I would have tried to take out the drivers first and used the car as cover. Hell isnt there a wall right inn front of the entrance?

Why didnt you park your car near the entrance?

Why did you drink'? wouldnt that impair your chances of survival?

:facedesk:

oh and for future reference, you can shoot up stores. As long as the attackers shoot first while inside you are allowed to defend yourself. However they must go inside either with a wanted level, or crash their car through the front door. Then they are allowed to open fire and in return so are you,

Futo
  • Futo

Yeah i'm busy, call me back!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:52 PM Edited by Futo, 05 October 2013 - 01:53 PM.

You play with imagination. Good story.

Button on your cap pmsl

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

wrong move. you need to think on your feet. Get near the exit, pop some tear gas and run to get distance. If you are fighting more than two people, its never a good idea to be that close. Now if I remember correctly there should be a back entrance, as well as a ladder you could have climbed.

Dont blame the cover, you should have moved around. If you know the cover sucked why would you stay in said cover. You should have kept moving to the next possible cover. IF I were you I would have tried to take out the drivers first and used the car as cover. Hell isnt there a wall right inn front of the entrance?

Why didnt you park your car near the entrance?

Why did you drink'? wouldnt that impair your chances of survival?

:facedesk:

oh and for future reference, you can shoot up stores. As long as the attackers shoot first while inside you are allowed to defend yourself. However they must go inside either with a wanted level, or crash their car through the front door. Then they are allowed to open fire and in return so are you,

Thanks for the advice. I'll try these things in the future. I just like to play with my imagination, as Futo said. This is the reason why I drank, and also the reason why I went to the strip club. The wall right infront of the club is the wall that I was behind, but it is just a fraction too small to give you full coverage. These are the things I'll take with me in my future endeavours.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Balla AI says “Hi"

They don’t care about cover and like to murder you in 4 seconds :)

Valdrane
  • Valdrane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, I have been shot through walls, once got ran over through a wall, that one was interesting.  Basically they just need to work on their clipping and physics.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Good story ;D i like how you play the game good sir, i would have done the same!

As it comes for cover, i understand that its annoying.

All I can say that if cover is not completely covering you, then keep moving and firing :p

From my army days I can tell you, staying behind full cover and still fighting back is not easy, and if something tiny sticks out..... your gonna pay for it

Peak hunter
  • Peak hunter

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

I've found that you can shoot through most corners and thin materials. Just a heads up.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for the replies, everybody. I'll definitely try to keep this advice in mind next time I'm playing. Also, sorry for responding to an old thread. I was away for the weekend, and just wanted to thank you all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users