Photo

GTA: Online, biggest fail in the history of gaming

36 replies to this topic
Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

I remember the great Simcity debacle of ..oh what was it now? 2013?

Mister, that was a bad launch. Course, in those days, we all swore this whole "online thing" had jumped the shark, but can you believe it? Here we are again, filling lobbies and cursing each other on message boards with as much vitriol as possible, all while complaining about the community.

Truly, we were the greatest generation.

Sunrise, sunset my friends.

• _iNciNeraToR_ likes this

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

But wait! This game got a perfect score! Also this game is made by R*, what problems could there possibly be? 

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Honestly, this is nothing compared to Star Wars Galaxies launch, or Simcity, or about 100 other PC game launches. I played all day the past few days, with little to no issues yet. SO basically the game took a few days to smooth out, completely normal for a MP game of this magnitude.

Was it normal in Galaxies or SimCity to have your character/city deleted after a while?

CorneliusCoffin
  • CorneliusCoffin

The Cof

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:02 PM Edited by CorneliusCoffin, 05 October 2013 - 03:03 PM.

Honestly, this is nothing compared to Star Wars Galaxies launch, or Simcity, or about 100 other PC game launches. I played all day the past few days, with little to no issues yet. SO basically the game took a few days to smooth out, completely normal for a MP game of this magnitude.

Was it normal in Galaxies or SimCity to have your character/city deleted after a while?

No, in SimCity (or Diablo III to name another quite recent example) it was normal that you bought a full priced game and couldn't play it at all. Because those games actually required you to always be online...as in everyone, even people who didn't want to play with other players. Needless to say the servers couldn't handle it crashed and for the first few days playing the game was an impossibility. 
With GTA you can always still fall back on single player.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

So I wanted to play GTA V Online today hoping it  was fixed.. first my save file corrupted right after I downloaded the patch. and the Online still DOESN'T WORK after 5 f*cking days.. I've been able to play online for 10 minutes and I couldn't get any further because it was glitched to sh*t. Also created my character about 10 times already because it keeps dissapearing. Online = f*cking sh*t and the Single Player wasn't to great either.

I'm selling this sh*t 

Are you sure about these things I highlighted, we are all having the issues but how the hell have you gone through so many characters in 10 minutes and you haven't been able to even get on the online for 5 days lol.. My character has saved since the update and last night, hope it stays this way and they fix the cloud servers for everyone soon, I am noticing alot more higher ranks Online now to.

I've made 10 characters in 5 days, none saved. Just lost my Single Player game because of the patch.. can't play solo online because you need more people to complete the race. Lots of people on my friends list haven't even played GTA online yet.. 

Poor ass game

The race thing is f*cking false dude, you only need yourself and lamar, I've done it twice with just me and lamar

MajesticJazz
  • MajesticJazz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

No, in SimCity (or Diablo III to name another quite recent example) it was normal that you bought a full priced game and couldn't play it at all. Because those games actually required you to always be online...as in everyone, even people who didn't want to play with other players. Needless to say the servers couldn't handle it crashed and for the first few days playing the game was an impossibility. 
With GTA you can always still fall back on single player.

There are people who still cant get into GTAO.

And to tell them to just go play SP is a fail on R* part. According to R*, GTAO is supposed to be a seperate entity from GTAV. In a way, it is like it's own game. So in essence, GTAO is no different from SimCity or Diablo 3 because it is a game that cannot be played by many as it requires you to be online.

_iNciNeraToR_
  • _iNciNeraToR_

Blazin it up

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Has it been confirmed that characters are actually deleted, or are you just jumping the gun and making two new ones everytime the cloud is down...

If the cloud is down your characters are NOT deleted, they are temporarily unavailable...

And to the poster commenting on this generation... To that i reply with similar sarcasm and seriousness, "we're f*cked"

The generation that grew up with cellphones instead of pagers(lol) or actually having to remember friends phone numbers, the generation that grew up before broadband internet, you know, when 56kv.90 was lightning fast... They were the last to have a chance to make the world a better place... Most of the kids that grew up with broadband have never had to wait for anything in their life, and it's quite obvious by all the hate mail rockstar is receiving for launching a game, that they honestly had no idea would become this wildly successful. Their only options in my mind were to delay the online launch until hey had acquired the needed amount of servers, which would have caused more pimples to burst in teenage rage, or do what they did and fix it as it breaks.

Kids think everything in the world works like Legos, everthing has a spot, maybe a few extras, and everything always falls into place. Wake up call, the real world isnt like that, and people dont care about you...

Hate on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users