Helmets, Armor, and Online Money

27 replies to this topic
TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Helmets:

Why are we forced to wear them? In GTA 4, when you got on a bike you had the option of interrupting your character to keep them from putting on a helmet. If you wanted a helmet, you had to get off the bike and then get back on to start the process over. You have that same option in GTA 5 but every time you stop, your character attempts to put on another helmet. My crew is a biker gang. I ride a Western Daemon and for some reason Rockstar has decided that an ugly yellow motocross helmet is what is best for me.... It's not even the right kind of helmet for the bike. Most bikers don't wear helmets, and if they did, it wouldn't be an ugly ass yellow motocross helmet that I'm basically forced to wear. The whole experience has kind of made my whole online experience aesthetically unenjoyable.

Armor:

I get the feeling like the whole armor system was designed for online. In single player, no one is going to buy the cheap armor when they got 50 mil in the bank, or 15,000 for that matter. I remember when I first saw the armor I thought it was stackable, makign the cheaper armor actually usefull. Like for example lets say you get shot and it takes away like 20% of your armor, I thought I could go and buy the cheap armor to kind of top it off to get it back up to full without having to buy the good stuff. But no, it take all your armor away and gives you the value of the cheap armor. When playing single player those first couple weeks before online I kept wondering why they would make this sh*tty armor system, in single player the cheap armor is only somewhat valuable for the first couple hours you play the game. Then online came out and I realized what they had done... An even worse system where low level characters are gimped against higher level players who can already buy better guns than them by not being allowed to buy full armor. To see the srmor system go from sh*tty to sh*ttier kind of broke my heart. :(

Crash and fall damage now affect armor? Whose wonderful idea was that? And please don't respond with "it's more realistic" because getting set on fire doesn't affect armor, and its the one thing that probably should affect it. All in all, I feel like there was some lack of vision and laziness when it came to the design of the armor system.

Online Money and ATM's:

The other night I told my friend that i was using the paper map that came with the game to plot out ATM's pop machines, and safe zones like openings to underground railroads and parking garages to get away from the cops. Then he told me that I didn't need to plot ATM's because you can use your phone to deposit money.... I was blown away. It all made sense to me then. The reason why money gets taken out of your bank when you die (even though it pisses lots of people off) is probably because they consider it way too easy to put money into the bank. ATM's are pretty much useless now. And I really thought it was a cool feature. I even plotted out "safe" ATM's. Now I feel like I got tricked into ruining my map because of what I consider to be a design flaw. Do we really need that lazy phone feature?

It's all these little things and more that keep adding up and making me realize that the game really isn't as good as it could be. At least not for me. Sad. I used to be a fanboi and now I don't even want to play it that much.The devil is in the details and I feel they either overlooked or didn't care about these things. I'm not even mad about the glitches and bugs. It's the design flaws that really get to me. :/

I'm writing this because I actually care about the franchise and have been a fan since back in GTA 2. But I get the feeling they're kind of f*cking things up by putting to much of the game's design focus on cinematics and cut scenes instead of the actual gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where most of that 250 mil went they used to make the game. Hopefully some of these things get worked out -namely the helmets. But I doubt it. Thanks for reading.

• archiebunker likes this

THC 300
  • THC 300

hombre condón

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

helmets: when your character puts it on, go to the inventory and unequip it.

I agree on the rest of your points though.

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:03 AM Edited by TheWonderMutt, 05 October 2013 - 10:04 AM.

helmets: when your character puts it on, go to the inventory and unequip it.

I agree on the rest of your points though.

You sir, just might have made my day. Checking it out now.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:14 AM Edited by Ola441, 05 October 2013 - 10:20 AM.

Armor was always affected by crash damage... That shot only started in gta 4.. You gta noob.

You can buy helmets...well at least put them on while creating characters. ( I assume it's buy able because of this cos I'm not online yet)

Losing money in bank when you die is a glitch that has been patched by rockstar...you are only supposed to lose money in your hand.

It was 200 mill dev money not 250 mill.

eQuis_
  • eQuis_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

And you can buy helmets and choose what to wear if any at all. You can put the armour away too and put it back on when sh*t gets real.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Your facts are atrocious.

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Nope, the character still puts on the helmet no matter what option i use. I'm pretty sure that's like a hat option. It won't even let you pick an option when you're actually on the bike. Sigh,

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by TheWonderMutt, 05 October 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Armor was always affected by crash damage... That shot only started in gta 4.. You gta noob.

You can buy helmets...well at least put them on while creating characters. ( I assume it's buy able because of this cos I'm not online yet)

Losing money in bank when you die is a glitch that has been patched by rockstar...you are only supposed to lose money in your hand.

Armor was never affected by crash damage. Load up the game and see for yourself... "Gta noob"? I'd bet my waste of a life that I've put more hours into gta 4 than you. You really have nothing better to do than be a c*nt on a forum?

"Your facts are atrocious."

Grow up.

xtremeninja86x
  • xtremeninja86x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

Armor was never affected by crash damage. Load up the game and see for yourself... "Gta noob"? I'd bet my waste of a life that I've put more hours into gta 4 than you. You really have nothing better to do than be a c*nt on a forum?

Grow up.

Here's what you do, hold Select or back on the controller go to inventory and go to helmets and try to take the option off on the bike or on land, it works for me 

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Grow up.

Here's what you do, hold Select or back on the controller go to inventory and go to helmets and try to take the option off on the bike or on land, it works for me 

It won't let me mess with the option when I'm on the bike. When I'm on land I have two options "None" and "." Both make me put a helmet on when I get on the bike. Gunna mess with it again to see if I missed something.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:41 AM Edited by Ola441, 05 October 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Grow up.
I said the crash damage always affected armor in earlier gta games. They only introduced this system where it doesn't in gta 4 and now in 5 they reverted back to how it was.

Do you understand now?

I'm not being a c*nt you made mistakes while stating your "facts" and I corrected you. That's how forums work.

I also said noob because you seem like you only started with the series in gta 4 which is not a good example of what the whole series is based off.

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Grow up.
I said the crash damage always affected armor in earlier gta games. They only introduced this system where it doesn't in gta 4 and now in 5 they reverted back to how it was.

Do you understand now?

I'm not being a c*nt you made mistakes while stating your "facts" and I corrected you. That's how forums work.

I also said noob because you seem like you only started with the series in gta 4 which is not a good example of what the whole series is based off.

If you would have read the whole post instead of rushing to be a c*nt you would have seen that I said I started with GTA 2. I haven't played the older gta games in probably almost 7 years. I'm so sorry c*nty forum "prankster" that my memory of insignificant game details isn't up to your standards. The fact that I based my statement on the very last games of the series (gta 4, ballad, and lost) isn't a stretch because they are the last 3 games... >.<  Just don't respond anymore, you're wasting my time.

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Nope, still wearing the helmet. Not sure if it's bugged but no option allows me to not put on a helmet when I get on the bike. I actually had a glitch where I couldn't take the helmet off and had to go buy a hat to remove it. Not really sure if that's connected, also not sure if I actually need to buy a helmet for the option "none" to kick in. But it's not working for me.

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

Grow up.
Do you understand now?

If you would have read the whole post instead of rushing to be a c*nt you would have seen that I said I started with GTA 2. I haven't played the older gta games in probably almost 7 years. I'm so sorry c*nty forum "prankster" that my memory of insignificant game details isn't up to your standards. The fact that I based my statement on the very last games of the series (gta 4, ballad, and lost) isn't a stretch because they are the last 3 games... >.<  Just don't respond anymore, you're wasting my time.

You are mad because your OP is misinformed and pointless. What a waste of bandwidth. Don't make thread if you have no knowledge on what you are making a thread about you dumbass. Log out and unruffled your jimmies with a lil Mozart.

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Why would I be mad? it's a forum post... The fact that you care so much about my minor deatils that you feel the need to act like sniveling brat shows what a pathetic person you are...

http://www.gamespot....istory--265-mil

http://www.gamefront...-a-dark-future/

I'm sorry I didn't look in Forbes magazine or call Rockstar to find out the actual number they spent on the game you waste of life. I'm content with the internet sources that told me 250 mil.

"You're OP is misinformed and pointelss."

No, I made my points, and crash and fall damage for armor is a sh*tty idea.

The helmet system (for me right now anyway) is a sh*tty system.

ATM's are useless with the phone option to deposit money...

Those were the only points I cared about you dildo.

You have no idea what a f*cking child you look like trying to argue over nothing, you act like I'm trying to write scientific term paper. It's actually kinda funny.

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

"You didn't get all the minor facts right that had nothing to do with your actual points, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, how dare you!"

That's what you sound like. A f*cking cry baby.

The next time I take a sh*t I'm naming it Ola441

Sirpepperoni
  • Sirpepperoni

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

You can buy the helmet you'd like from a clothes shop... There's a selection of more than 10

I agree with your points but your wasting your time voicing them in this sh*t hole.

Peace

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

You can buy the helmet you'd like from a clothes shop... There's a selection of more than 10

I agree with your points but your wasting your time voicing them in this sh*t hole.

Peace

Thanks bro. And I can already tell you're right.  :/

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

I agree with the gripes about auto-helmet and redundant ATMs.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Peace

Usually what passes for criticism on this forum is tantamount to nothing more than a flame-baiting whinefest. Sure, you got some barely relevant (it doesn't change your point) detail about armor in the GTA III era wrong, but your criticism is at least thought-out and expounded on, which is nice.

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Peace

Usually what passes for criticism on this forum is tantamount to nothing more than a flame-baiting whinefest. Sure, you got some barely relevant (it doesn't change your point) detail about armor in the GTA III era wrong, but your criticism is at least thought-out and expounded on, which is nice.

Thanks.

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Went and bought a helmet, at least I'm not stuck with that gay motocross helmet anymore, but it seems I'm still forced to wear one. :(

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

This place is getting pathetic it really is,

Everyone is always in auto aggressive mode, chill f*ck out people, smoke some weed and hold a store up... I never get any money thogh cuz I just and up chatting sh*t to the cashier lol

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

This place is getting pathetic it really is,

Everyone is always in auto aggressive mode, chill f*ck out people, smoke some weed and hold a store up... I never get any money thogh cuz I just and up chatting sh*t to the cashier lol

LOL

Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

awake

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Can you cut it in half and name part of it Dog_Bread?

As Lamar put it, "If there's something to be won, I want it"

TheWonderMutt
  • TheWonderMutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Can you cut it in half and name part of it Dog_Bread?

As Lamar put it, "If there's something to be won, I want it"

HAHAHA

xtremeninja86x
  • xtremeninja86x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

oh I just realised hold in the drive button before you get on a bike and keep it held until you move and you should skip the guy putting it on

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Agree with the ATM part, we shouldn't be able to deposit CASH via a cellular for damn's sake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users