Quantcast

» «
Photo

What choice did you choose at the end? SPOILERS!

57 replies to this topic

Poll: What choice did you choose? (145 member(s) have cast votes)

What choice did you choose?

1. Kill Trevor (12 votes [8.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.28%

2. Kill Michael (2 votes [1.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.38%

3. Deathwish (131 votes [90.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.34%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

I don't understand why Franklin would kill Michael. Makes no sense. Felt like it was just put in to add choices. 

• ChiroVette likes this

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

I choose Deathwish. I knew there had to be a way other than killing Michael or Trevor.
  • ChiroVette likes this

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

I went ahead with deathwish. I wasn't about to have any of the main three die on me, especially when given a choice. Even though I was still a little disappointed that Trevor killed Johnny, the more I got to know his story and personality the better he became. 

• ChiroVette likes this

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

I wish I could have killed Franklin. Why did he get to be the star at the end?

Franklin was always the main character of the three.  Outside of the tutorial/opening level, who did you start the game as? 

I chose C because it made the most sense.  I could see Fanklin maybe killing Trevor but NOT Michael at all.  Either way, I'll do one of the other endings on my next replay next month.

• ChiroVette likes this

Ev0d3vil
  • Ev0d3vil

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

What happens if you ice Trevor? I heard Lester breaks ties with you? and what other texts or emails do you get?

• Djego121 likes this

TargetPractice
  • TargetPractice

I know what I know

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

I was so tempted to kill annoying Trevor, but ended up doing Deathwish! :-/

Djego121
  • Djego121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

I killed Trevor honesty he was ok I wonder why people would kill Franklin because franklin has way more then Trevor in my opinion Trevor is a complete Duche and Trevor's mission are to dam hard to beat for a hillbilly you give some hard missions
  • LosSantos17 likes this

Djego121
  • Djego121

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

What happens if you ice Trevor? I heard Lester breaks ties with you? and what other texts or emails do you get?

. You get a text from lamer saying was it you who iced Trevor as michal you get a text from don I beloved calling you something the you get 47 million I believe

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:25 PM Edited by Billy james, 14 October 2013 - 01:29 PM.

That scumbag thieving prick Devin Weston don't tell me what to do after making me get all those cars and

Spoiler
for them and on top of that try's to have Michaels
Spoiler
and not pay for that, He needed to die, plus I liked Michael and Trevor so I wasn't gunna kill them  

• ChiroVette likes this

ThatBenGuy
  • ThatBenGuy

HTF, GTA, rock, metal, dog, cat, wolf, fox, and dragon lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I beat the game three times. I chose Kill Trevor the first time. The second time around, I chose Deathwish. The third time around, I chose Kill Michael ONLY because it was the only option left that I could actually see in front of me on my television screen. I can understand why Kill Michael is the least popular of the three endings. However, I think there should've been a choice D, which is basically to kill everyone who you kill in options A, B, and C. That ending would make quite a bit of sense considering Franklin was still quite angry with Devin Weston and the FIB, but before Devin Weston's visit, he did say to Michael, Trevor, and Lester "Ya know what, you are all assholes!" upon leaving Michael's house. So yeah..

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Deathwish, of course, that what real GTA V choose

unlike any other, I never hated Trevor cuz he killed Johnny K, instead I loved it

• ChiroVette likes this

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The very first time I played this I picked DeathWish thinking that Franklin would be the one to get killed (hence the name). It's not that I didnt like him though, I thought that it'd be more impactful to have him try to save his friends from getting killed only to get himself killed instead, because at the time I thought that was what it was going for.

Blight77
  • Blight77

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

Well, except you extremely hate either Trevor or Michael, i don't think anyone would actually pick either A or B ending..  Not only you won't be able to kill the scumbags that force you to do their dirty jobs during the storyline playthrough, you'll even lost some of the assets from said respective protagonists, so i guess my choice is definitely C, given that it's the only proper ending unlike either option A or B which IMO are extremely rushed..

• ChiroVette likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

Ending A. I’ve chosen all three at some point, but it’s my favourite one.
  • Tycek likes this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

IMO C is the only viable option, this way you dont lose any property and the bad guys get killed.

A and B however are extremely rushed (not like option C wasnt, but at least it was not just a copy & paste) like pretty much the whole story.
  • ChiroVette likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by Tycek, A week ago.

I chose ending A during my first playthrough. It was the only logical way to end the game and I really wanted to see this methhead asswipe being burned to the crisp. During my second playthrough I chose ending C for solely reason to keep the garage spaces and Gun running at McKenzie's.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Ending C! After the BS in IV which was okay I had enough of this or that, A or B. Plus I loved ending C. My characters live, those a holes go on a trip to an end!
End of..
  • ChiroVette likes this

Tonesta
  • Tonesta

Rat

• Members

Posted A week ago

Four years on, and several more playthroughs, and my opinion hasn't changed.

At the point at which you have to make the decision, from a story perspective Ending A is the logical choice for Franklin - yes, you've worked with Trevor for a while, but that also means you've seen first-hand what an unhinged psychopath he is. If he's in Los Santos, there's a high probability he's going to get you killed at some point in the future; for your own safety, and for the good of the general population of the state, Trevor's got to go.

Buuuut, with hindsight having played through multiple times - from a game perspective, Ending C is clearly the choice. It's the most satisfying mission of the three by far, and leaves all post-story options open. It doesn't resolve the psycho Trevor storyline.....but perhaps that's what the originally intended but now defunct DLC was supposed to do.

I haven't ever played Ending B, because it makes absolutely zero thematic sense.

OK, I'm going to go kill the guy who's mentored me and made me millions of dollars, and is now no threat to me because he's retiring from the life of crime to work in the movie business, because this other rich guy who screwed me over when I stole cars for him told me to. Yeah, right.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I chose Deathwish in every single one of my playthroughs.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea that Rockstar gave us the choice to execute one of the protagonists. Its edgy and dark. But the truth is I love ALL three protagonists, and I honestly felt like choosing to kill one at the end, after going through a ton of story with them, not to mention making so much progress on each of their characters, seemed a little wasteful.

But my first time though, I saved the game just before that Devon mission so that I could at least experience the alternate endings, even if I were not willing to flush all of either Trevor Michael's progress, accomplishments, and assets down the toilet. Strangely enough, I was actually looking forward to playing both the A and B endings. I assumed, and was hoping for some epic battle and incredibly death sequence, like the awesome way Trevor disposed of Johnny.

But the A and B endings turned out to be my biggest disappointment with V, as the endings were poorly thought out, terribly executed, and both play and "watch" like some cut and paste afterthought-missions. I was blown away that the crack team of Rockstar writers and devs couldn't come up with a more creative way to execute two protagonists.

Both A and B were pointless. Not because you can kill one of them, but because of how lazily and absurdly simplistic the missions were.

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I chose Deathwish in every single one of my playthroughs.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea that Rockstar gave us the choice to execute one of the protagonists. Its edgy and dark. But the truth is I love ALL three protagonists, and I honestly felt like choosing to kill one at the end, after going through a ton of story with them, not to mention making so much progress on each of their characters, seemed a little wasteful.

But my first time though, I saved the game just before that Devon mission so that I could at least experience the alternate endings, even if I were not willing to flush all of either Trevor Michael's progress, accomplishments, and assets down the toilet. Strangely enough, I was actually looking forward to playing both the A and B endings. I assumed, and was hoping for some epic battle and incredibly death sequence, like the awesome way Trevor disposed of Johnny.

But the A and B endings turned out to be my biggest disappointment with V, as the endings were poorly thought out, terribly executed, and both play and "watch" like some cut and paste afterthought-missions. I was blown away that the crack team of Rockstar writers and devs couldn't come up with a more creative way to execute two protagonists.

Both A and B were pointless. Not because you can kill one of them, but because of how lazily and absurdly simplistic the missions were.

Great point here man👌🏼!

My take: I was sick of characters being killed off! they have made an impact on the past of all GTA series which is why I didnt kill Packie in V which is why I chose C, its just ridiculous, even in vice city a character had to die which is sad to see past characters gone. Thats my take, Love all gta series 🔥
  • ChiroVette and Algonquin Assassin like this

FozzQuaker
  • FozzQuaker

Player Hater

• New Members
  • England

Posted 4 days ago

Although I did have save slots where I Killed Michael and Trevor, my main save finished with Deathwish, as this was my preferred ending.

I dont see the point of killing either, while Michael may be lower than a rattlesnakes arse, he was the one who turned Frank from 2-bit gangster into a professional robber, Michael also proves his snake like behaviour to save his own skin if Frank chooses to kill him when he says 'We'll roll on T right now'.

As for Trevor, as much a psycho he is, he is likable and I find him funny, he helped Frank and Lamar in Grove Street by pointing out the Key of Coke was dry wall and came to Franks aid at the Ballas Weed Hideout, so betraying Trevor makes no sense either.
  • ChiroVette likes this

bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago

Canonically, Deathwish is the way to go. Finishing off your enemies is the real way to end a GTA game.
  • ChiroVette likes this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

What happens if you ice Trevor?

Although, you can't really ice Trevor so much as you burn him.

_P136_
  • _P136_

★★★★★

• Members
  • None

Posted 7 hours ago

As others have said, I think Deathwish was kind of the obvious choice.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 hours ago Edited by ChiroVette, 6 hours ago.

Also, another thing to consider in terms of the lame way the A and B endings were cobbled together like some videogame-afterthought, is that there is no incentive to killing either Michael or Trevor. In fact, the entire thing is dis-incentivized completely. You spend an entire game building up the assets of all three protagonists, collecting cars, stocks, properties, MONEY, and increasing their skills via experience. Then you kill one of them and you basically lose from your inventory everything that character possessed that you worked so hard to build up.

The least Rockstar could have done was allow the two protagonists left to somehow share the assets of the executed protagonists.

Moreover, if you have to make a choice as a player for Franklin to kill one of them, shouldn't there be some real incentive to do it, both financial and material? 

Not only were the A and B endings nothing more than cut and paste afterthoughts, but not once is the player given any good motivation to kill Michael or Trevor, other than the biggest douchebag in the game, who is an enemy to all three protagonists, demanding he choose one. In addition to making the endings more interesting and fun to play, shouldn't the player be lavishly compensated for taking out one of the protagonists? I mean, other than not liking one of the two, there really is no viable motivation to choosing one of the execution endings.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Kill them assholes! Man, this is a good sandwich.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 52 minutes ago

Having the choice was just silly. Now means that the characters are determinant and there's no real continuation for anyone but Franklin. It's the same as IV, really, the choice is kinda silly. You can either finish the game, or finish the game with someone missing.

Plus even though the ending was kinda sloppy, it nicely ties everything up, whereas A or B just don't at all.

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 36 minutes ago

I chose deathwish, cause no one tells me what to do!

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

aka. MuralDeciphered

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 minutes ago Edited by Galehaut, 12 minutes ago.

Also, another thing to consider in terms of the lame way the A and B endings were cobbled together like some videogame-afterthought, is that there is no incentive to killing either Michael or Trevor. In fact, the entire thing is dis-incentivized completely. You spend an entire game building up the assets of all three protagonists, collecting cars, stocks, properties, MONEY, and increasing their skills via experience. Then you kill one of them and you basically lose from your inventory everything that character possessed that you worked so hard to build up.

Moreover, if you have to make a choice as a player for Franklin to kill one of them, shouldn't there be some real incentive to do it, both financial and material? 

It was by design though ; The writers WANTED those 2 endings to contrast completely with the third ending. The hint in The Final Mission is obvious ; it's the only time during the whole game that you can actually choose the fate of the story line. It's a crucial and decisive choice that will affect his life and the life of many characters forever . This correspond to Franklin's life crossroad since there's more than 2 choice and it's the only time during the whole game that he can choose between 3 story changing options.

To be fair ; There is a financial gain if you kill Trevor , Lester split his share of the final heist with him and Michael. If you kill Michael , Lester send his share to his family instead , that's why you don't get it. But again , the aftermath of both bad endings are clearly shown as detrimental to Franklin ultimately. Lester hates you for what you've done , he won't work with you anymore. Both protagonist also can't trust you anymore , effectively putting an end to their friendship with Franklin. He ends up being in his multi-million mansion , still depressed and alone.

To understand these endings and why they make so much sense , you can't ignore that they wanted to illustrate something. Both endings A and B are dead ends story wise.

ydRwYe4l.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users