You are calling the shots on the next GTA Game

112 replies to this topic
BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

I'm calling it now. 5. oct. 2013. 

Next GTA based mostly about movie "blow" and other drug dealing movies.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q8lGHQn_n9Y

To be more precise, scarface in present day.

Will follow one character.

iIiIiI00080
  • iIiIiI00080

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

I won't get into specifics. But I want to see Chicago done right, Watch Dogs is ruining it. 

Carcer City (mix of Chicago and Detroit). 

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Las Vegas in the 50's

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:56 AM Edited by King Kapone, 05 October 2013 - 12:00 PM.

I'm calling it now. 5. oct. 2013. 

Next GTA based mostly about movie "blow" and other drug dealing movies.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q8lGHQn_n9Y

To be more precise, scarface in present day.

Will follow one character.

I could see this as well. With what Rockstar has done in both GTA SA and now V with regard to "traveling" to another location mid-story, I could easily see them have you do a mission or two to break up the pace in their interpretation of Columbia or another South American country, as goes the story in Blow. Heck, start the game off down there too and have the protagonist travel into one of GTA's American cities. There is a lot they could do with with regard to the drug trade and my post, one prior to yours, shows the type of reference material they could look to beyond Hollywood film, documentaries like Cocaine Cowboys, etc.

edit 1 @ cldd: Chicago? Eh, I don't know. I would need to learn a lot more about Chicago to see if it would truly be interesting enough for a GTA game. What's WatchDogs doing wrong?

edit 2 @ jatiger: Mafia 2 was set in the 50s. It felt a little off but maybe Rockstar could make it work. I can't imagine the radio being too varied too and that would hurt the appeal a bit.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

This should go here ->http://gtaforums.com...ta-series-chat/

This forum is reserved for V chat, the one I posted is for the GTA series chat

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

It would be set back in Liberty City and include such activities as yoga, Tai Chi, triathlons, meditation, hot dog eating contests, over 10000 collectibles with no reward, mandatory dates, and a strip club.

orlos_
  • orlos_

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Return to 80's VIce City. Bigger map, better graphics, more things to do. It would be badass. Tbh Im little bored already with all these modern GTAs.

hadrianswall
  • hadrianswall

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

gta russia .

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

If it isnt set in Vice City then R* automatically fail.

imo. Serious Vice City was EASILY the most immersive GTA game too date. GTA 3 was too bland with liberty city (same as IV) San Andreas was a case of quantity over quality (Still probably the most enjoyable GTA game do not get me wrong). Vice Citys location was consistent and polished through the whole game. It was a narrative and atmospheric piece of art. (Like RDR)

• orlos_ likes this

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Vice City. 

80s again.

Bigger. More music. All that is in V and more for minigames and activities.

Do all of the things that couldn't be done last time.

Nod all the same movies and stuff, nod even more. Go as deep as IV and V in the lore, bring it to a whole new level. It's been long enough, it would be fresh no matter how close it was, due to how new and how much bigger the entire experience would be.

That's the only real way I can ever see Vice City remade, it would just have to be in the 80's all over again.

Kids don't get it, while that game was based on Miami, the whole 80's nostalgia is what really made it what it is. If they were to re-create Miami in modern day, what more would it be besides two bit DJ's, ringtone rappers and washed up millionaires all giving a throwback love to the 80's scene? It would be an epic disaster. Miami isn't nothing memorable outside the 1970's and 1980's.

I want to see GTA Chicago 1920's style, but then again that will never happen since we got GTA Facial Expressions in L.A. Noire.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

If it isnt set in Vice City then R* automatically fail.

imo. Serious Vice City was EASILY the most immersive GTA game too date. GTA 3 was too bland with liberty city (same as IV) San Andreas was a case of quantity over quality (Still probably the most enjoyable GTA game do not get me wrong). Vice Citys location was consistent and polished through the whole game. It was a narrative and atmospheric piece of art. (Like RDR)

Totally disagree with you. It could be an epic win if they tried something new. You can only remake the same three cities over and over and over. What you say as in quantity over quality could easily happen with a Vice City remake. Miami is clearly much, much bigger than the game shows you. They could easily split it into the town of Miami and Miami Beach separately and despite being bigger, it wouldn't be much difference since Miami in real life is really like that.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Vice City. 

80s again.

Nod all the same movies and stuff, nod even more. Go as deep as IV and V in the lore, bring it to a whole new level. It's been long enough, it would be fresh no matter how close it was, due to how new and how much bigger the entire experience would be.

That's the only real way I can ever see Vice City remade, it would just have to be in the 80's all over again.

Kids don't get it, while that game was based on Miami, the whole 80's nostalgia is what really made it what it is. If they were to re-create Miami in modern day, what more would it be besides two bit DJ's, ringtone rappers and washed up millionaires all giving a throwback love to the 80's scene? It would be an epic disaster. Miami isn't nothing memorable outside the 1970's and 1980's.
You shouldn't really generalise anyone who wasn't alive during the 80's as "not getting it". Hell I'm just over 19 and I agree with all your points about Vice City not being able to work in a contemporary setting.
Same with a solo San Fierro game (assuming they ever do one), it wouldn't be able to work outside of the 1970's.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:44 PM Edited by Cyper, 05 October 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Chicago set in 1970.

A story about two immigrant brothers trying to cope. They take the oppertunity to do some illegal stuff on the side. They end up swearing the oath for the Cosa Nostra.

They become made men despite the fact that they aren't Sicilians. The city of Chicago is offered to you with it's surrounding countryside. The serious tone of GTA IV with the humor, freedom, and creative missions in GTA V and San Andreas splashed over it. You can play as both characters. Missions are less scripted and more focused on creativity.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

In the south. We need a new location or else people will always compare it to the PS2 games and nothing will ever live up to nostalgia. It can be New Orleans, Virginia Beach and a city based on Austin or Dallas. There can also be a lot of countryside and trailer parks in between.

I would stick with the heist and robbery theme because it is just so fun but also bring in drug dealing and other illegal ventures. I would also bring back purchasable safehouses. I don't know if it would be one or three protagonists but one of them would be an honest and hardworking guy who gets sick of getting the shaft and turns to crime.

The problem is the South isn't a popular location when it comes to organized crime, though I wouldn't mind a Texas-based GTA game with Houston or Dallas.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Vice City. 

80s again.

You shouldn't really generalise anyone who wasn't alive during the 80's as "not getting it". Hell I'm just over 19 and I agree with all your points about Vice City not being able to work in a contemporary setting.
Same with a solo San Fierro game (assuming they ever do one), it wouldn't be able to work outside of the 1970's.

I don't care how old you are, I generalize it the way I see it, and you clearly are "not getting it" if you think San Fierro would not work when the city has a clearly more economical function than L.A. has had for the last decade.

S.F. could easily be remade around the whole Bay Area and using all the thriving gangs they used in V and SA, it would easily work for a crime driven scene. Instead of using the west coast rap music of the 90's, spring in the whole Mac Dre and Bay Area rap scene for a score. More or less the country side would easily work around the bay area too with the lakes and surrounding scenery.

GTAISMYSOCIALLIFE
  • GTAISMYSOCIALLIFE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Why not something new like el paso tx and ciudad juarez? US/MEX border. el paso is the safest city in the us while ciudag juarez is/was the most dangerous city in the world. drugs, cartels. i think it would be awesome . theres plenty of mountains and deserts too

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

i'd go for San Fierro, Bullit car chase parody anyone ??

1 character :

- a Driver, around 27 years old, just came to San Fierro trying to run away from the past, but before he know it, the past come catching up with him and he must do everything to prevent himself from getting killed. 

meh not a great one, sounds like a Driver ripoff lol

chipface
  • chipface

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by chipface, 05 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

San Fierro, Oakland and northern California during 1976. You take control of 3 protagonists.
1. A young Asian immigrant (younger Wei Cheng?), who gets caught up in a war between Chinese and Vietnamese gangs.
2. An African American, former boxer, turned pimp. Would be much like a 70's blaxploitation film.
3. An Vietnam veteran, turned biker in a war against the Angels of Death.
Early on, all three of these people meet and decide to use their connections within the criminal underworld to form the biggest drug distribution network in San Andreas.

Would include all that V has, with additional minigames and side missions. Soft body physics. Include all that is exclusive to GTA Online. And will parody a lot of 70's pop culture.

This is my favourite idea so far.  I can't really think of what I'd want in the next GTA but I think Carcer City would be a good setting.  Plus it's never been done before. 

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

midwest

3 protags

29 year old male  in the west side/south side of chicago and is a member of either gta version of GD or LK

25 year old male from detroit... growing up in a bad area but trying to make it big..

22 year old from flint.. 

gatinhot
  • gatinhot

Gatinhot

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:22 PM Edited by gatinhot, 05 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

They can't go back in time.... That will ruin their idea for online... Of adding more cities to online.. "What you go from los santos to vice city and suddenly your in the 80's??? No... London would be my bet as it is the only GTA city they haven't made 3D... And as a Uk company that's quite disappointing.... Leave America alone for a while

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Young African American living in Liberty City in the 80's! I could imagine the atmosphere being amazing, the dawn of hip hop and all that!

1960's London, organised crime gangs fight for control of a criminal empire.

Miami (vice city) in a modern day setting, a story focused on the downfall of vice city's golden era would be amazing.

• leon3789 likes this

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

vice city... haitian in little haiti

liberty city   black male in early 90s.. 

clee19892
  • clee19892

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

There are to many options of where to put. You can put it in the carribean, or Asia/CHina/Japan (However you refer to it), South America, Canada, Russia. What they don't need to do is go back to recent games and revisit a city at the same time period as the previous games, it just doesn't make sense, because they have already done it (most people here sound like they want the previous games with just a new graphics engine).

But I will say in the next game there should just be ONE protaganist, ability to play them as male or female with light customization to them (by that I mean do likt GTA Online where you pick a geneology for the character). Witht hat NPCs and such respond different to different races and genders (Giving reason to replay).

We would also require a garage that can hold a large number of cars (they do exist) even if it is you owning a warehouse or airplane hanger to store them in. With the garage you also get a delivery man/woman (either provided by you or a friend) who will delivery a stored car to your location with a single phone call.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

A new city... Not Vice Vity, not Liberty City and not Los Santos.

They need to make a whole state with multiple cities...

Mathew9R
  • Mathew9R

Grumpy about EVERYTHING!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Something other then Vice City...

wtf4ndang0
  • wtf4ndang0

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

In the south. We need a new location or else people will always compare it to the PS2 games and nothing will ever live up to nostalgia. It can be New Orleans, Virginia Beach and a city based on Austin or Dallas. There can also be a lot of countryside and trailer parks in between.

I would stick with the heist and robbery theme because it is just so fun but also bring in drug dealing and other illegal ventures. I would also bring back purchasable safehouses. I don't know if it would be one or three protagonists but one of them would be an honest and hardworking guy who gets sick of getting the shaft and turns to crime.

This post sums up how they could make the game amazing

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by Uhwoahnohuh, 05 October 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Set in Vice City in the mid 90s, (94-96) And 2 protagonists in this story

1. Asian young man in his early 20s, Looking for an apartment during College. his parents kicked him out for university and had him sent to Vice City

2. Biracial man in his early 30s (half black half white). Living in Vice City as a Heavy gambler and Swindler, Not known to other protagonist

The biracial man meets up with the asian kid and tells him he can get him some money quick, So they get tangled up in some crime and the college kid gets pissed and the older one for getting him in trouble with not only his parents, But the law. The two are forced to work their way out of whatever crazy scenario they are in. The asian gets kicked out of college eventually because they shun him for his crime

The Asian college kid has alot of resentment for the biracial guy, But He learns that he started swindling people at a young age because his mom was killed by his dad, Who eventually died from Heroin overdose, So the college kid feels sympathetic for him after learning that

At the end of the game they become friends and go on their ways 

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Well you guys gave me an idea. Let's look at it this way. Here are the cities that have been mentioned or inhabated at some point or another during the different Rockstar franchises. If the city is crossed out, it means it has been featured in a game.

Liberty City based on New York City (GTA, GTA3, LCS, GTA IV)
Alderney / Alderney City based on New Jersey / Jersey City (GTA IV)
London based on London (GTA London 1961 and 1969)
Manchester based on Manchester (GTA London 1961 and 1969)
Vice City based on Miami (GTA, Vice City, VCS)
Los Santos based on Los Angeles (GTASA, V)
Davis based on Compton (V)
San Fierro based on San Francisco (GTA, GTASA)
Las Venturas based on Las Vegas (GTASA)
Anywhere City based on a combination of different cities (GTA 2)
Carcer City based on either Detroit, Philadelphia, or Chicago (Manhunt)
Cottonmouth based on Tampa (Manhunt 2)
Bullsworth based on a town somewhere in New England (Bully)

Capital City based on Washington D.C.

Really only leaves one city, doesn't it? FWIW, Capital City is referred to in miles travelled stats in GTA IV. It is the only city mentioned within the various franchises (GTA, Manhunt, Bully) that has not had a game take place within it. Otherwise, Rockstar would HAVE to create a brand new city we have never heard of, unless there is a city I forgot to mention. I keep thinking another one was brought up for the first time in GTA IV.. someone help?

Saliva
  • Saliva

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by Saliva, 06 October 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Actually, I want more freedom in missions. I want to be able to get there how I choose, in any car, or on foot. I want to drive there via any route I choose and for the next piece of the mission to still be activated. If I arrive on the other side of the street I want the NPC to recognize me and not have to drive into a tiny marker right next to him. It's meant to be open world, they should allow for people to do things in different ways. 

An example of what I'm talking about - in GTA V, the mission where you're playing as Trevor, you're meant to drive to a water tower on a quad bike, meet Ron, then climb the tower and snipe some of The Lost bikers. I think, it's something like that. 

I was driving there on the quad, I noticed the GPS marker was leading me out of the way and I could take a shortcut over the desert instead of using the road. I almost got there and the quad got stuck between two rocks. But, I was close enough to walk to the water tower. I stood exactly where the marker was, even climbed the tower and stood next to Ron who because the event didn't trigger because I didn't arrive on the quad bike, didn't recognize I was there. I had to suicide and restart the mission. There are many others like this across other GTAs and RDR.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Story: Ex-SWAT team cop. His older brother was unfairly accused of killing a group of friends in a house party he was hosting, including his wife (protags sister in law). His daughter (protags niece) also was in the party but the body wasn't found. Protag gets fired from the police partly because he is brother of the killer and would obsess over finding his niece, partly because he was also accused of killing a civilian out of negligence during his cop duty. 

Protag also served in Afghanistan so he is ex-military but got expelled for witnissing prisioner abuse and torture. Arround the same time Protags brother goes to prison, protags house gets torched down and all his money gets robbed to a Caiman Islands account, wich leads to protags thinking it's whole a cpnspiracy against him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users