» «
Photo

Now That You've Played the Game ... How Do You Rate It

30 replies to this topic
clublegs
  • clublegs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:15 AM Edited by clublegs, 05 October 2013 - 04:16 AM.

Everybody went a little nuts on day one over GameSpot's rating not being a 10 even though they hadn't played the game yet. I'm near the end and I've wavered from madly loving it to getting a little bored. I haven't had any glitch problems other than the 5.1 sound they've screwed up. I'd give it a 9 plus for the massive effort and scope and replayability. It's getting a little boring lately for me, particularily the driving, but that's just me. I like to finish and move on to next new game. Can't rate the online yet, so how would you rate the single play?

PolishPrisoner
  • PolishPrisoner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

It's an 8.  Great game, truly awesome in many respects, but I felt that this game had more potential.  RDR was awesome for 2010, but three years later this game didn't improve upon most of RDRs basic concepts (from a game engine standpoint).  I also didn't appreciate the let downs in the story - *spolier* i.e. Trevor's fruitless submarine mission to salvage the nuclear weapon, and most of the fruitless FIB missions.  Just disappointing and frustrating. 

Apart from that, loved buying properties, upgrading cars, customizing characters...  A lot of the missions are really great, character switching is extremely innovative, and I love the plethora of cars on the road.  The ability to swim underwater is cool, and so is the ability to fly planes. The scope of the map is pretty impressive.  Great game, but it only met most of my expectations, and exceeded few (could have been due to the hype).  Solid 8.    

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:53 AM

Story: 9.5

Definitely the best story out of any previous GTAs.  It is a near perfect blend of realistic story to keep things interesting and outrageous gameplay that GTA should be about.  Some characters are forgetable, though, and some, such as Michal's entire family, are just plain annoying.

Gameplay mechanics: 9.0

I enjoy the control scheme and the way things are set up; only complaint is that the aiming reticule is hard to see sometimes

Graphics: 9.0

The game is beautiful, and the city of Los Santos at night from Vinewood Hills is stunning.  Small textures are blurry, though, and pop ups and framerate issues plague my older system, but oh well.

Content:7.5

The amount of things to do in this game at first glance seems overwhelming, but after you play the game a while, you just can't help get the feeling there could have been a lot more there to work with, even copy-pasting some activities from GTA IV could have been a plus

Game world: 9.0

Los Santos as a city just works.  It feels alive and larger than it is. Every street and building tells a story, and feels like a true landmark instead of a randomly generated storefront or home.  Each neighborhood has a certain feel to it, a culture of its own.  I especially love Vinewood, which to me, is as close to Hollywood as you can get without actually going there.  Blaine county is a great place to explore, but I feel like it could have done with some more towns here and there.  I feel like Los Santos could do with a little more of an urban sprawl feel to it, but that is just nitpicking.  The game does a fine job at making the player feel like they are in Los Angeles and not just a smaller parody.

Multiplayer: 4

game is glitchy, repetitive, and overproduced.  The MP is just simply an excuse to release content packs in an attempt to go the way of previous developers and test the waters of an all MMO game.  Be warned, an all online GTA may be a reality soon.  Let's hope not.

Overall:  GTA V is definitely the best GTA Yet.  The Main story is great, packed with good writing, fun and rewarding missions, and compelling main characters, the open world is amazing, and full of fun things to do.  GTA V doesn't however, feel like Rockstar's opus.  It feels more like a step in the right direction, at least as far as singleplayer goes.  It is a potential start of something beautiful.  Let's hope rockstar builds on the confidence it has recieved from this game going into the next generation of consoles to give us an even bigger, more beautiful gta singleplayer experience.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:08 AM

I would give it a 9.5. I love it for the most part but I wish they would have borrowed the Saint's Row way of saving cars. That is the one and only thing SR does better. I also wish they had purchasable safehouses but no big deal with quick save. The rest I love about this game.

janzdott
  • janzdott

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

Story: 5/10 (Okay)

While I liked the characters a lot, I found the story very lacking.  Not many interesting plot events happen.  It didn't feel like a story. When you finish the game, it's like "Wow... that's it?".

Graphics: 9/10 (Great)

The graphics are beautiful.  Characters look amazing.  Terrain looks amazing.  Water looks amazing.  The detail is great.  Every location on the map looks and feels unique.  Only reason I give it 9 instead of 10 is because there's a lot of places where they used very low resolution textures that look like crap and don't fit in.

Gameplay: 5/10 (Okay)

I won't elaborate too much.  Everyone knows the problems.  I like the whole 3 characters deal, but other than that, they didn't really change anything.  When you make sequels to games, you should add new gameplay features.  It feels like GTA 4 with a new map and new characters.  I got bored very quickly after beating the game.

Overall: 7/10 (Good)

Shiggy
  • Shiggy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:27 AM

Story: 5/10 (Okay)

While I liked the characters a lot, I found the story very lacking.  Not many interesting plot events happen.  It didn't feel like a story. When you finish the game, it's like "Wow... that's it?".

This is my only major gripe with the game; the story is just... kind of bad. There wasn't even a main antagonist, or if there was I sure as hell didn't realize it. It didn't even feel like there was any sort of coherent plot to be honest. Compared to previous GTAs, where you slowly work your way up through the criminal underworld, taking jobs from different mob bosses, with a slew of twists and betrayals before reaching a climax. In V's final mission you easily kill a bunch of random characters, several that I had completely forgotten about because they hadn't been at all relevant to the story for the past 30 or so missions. Then it's over. Extremely disappointing, honestly GTA 3's story felt more satisfying than this.

Gameplay: 5/10 (Okay)

I won't elaborate too much.  Everyone knows the problems.  I like the whole 3 characters deal, but other than that, they didn't really change anything.  When you make sequels to games, you should add new gameplay features.  It feels like GTA 4 with a new map and new characters.  I got bored very quickly after beating the game.

This is where I seriously disagree, V's gameplay has improved leaps and bounds beyond IV's sluggish mechanics. The actual gunplay and cover system is so much better, it feels as good as any other AAA third person shooter, and literally anywhere in the massive gameworld can be the stage for an epic firefight. The driving feels better than most racing games, and the police AI is actually challenging this time without being overly frustrating. Can't imagine how that's only a 5/10 in your eyes.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

The story this time was more about the three protagonists than about a big antagonist. It is a departure from previous GTAs but I feel it works. 

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:44 AM Edited by Dr Kain, 05 October 2013 - 05:48 AM.

9.5.  Best game of the year (sorry TLoU) and the best GTA ever.  It took everything that was great about the previous entries and mastered it with near perfection.  It is also the first video game I have ever hit the 100 hour mark with (102 hour and 31 minutes).  

The heists were fantastic and I wish there were more of them.  The characters were all great as Franklin felt like he had the best of CJ, Michael had the best of Tommy, and Trevor represents our inner desires of how we like to play these games.  Add on top that the game has the best and most satisfying ending to any GTA game and you have the best game to end this generation with.  It was well worth the 5 year wait and I cannot wait to see what the next generation of gaming brings to the GTA table.

BTW, Shiggy, I disagree.  Franklin is by far the main protagonist.  

Shiggy
  • Shiggy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

BTW, Shiggy, I disagree.  Franklin is by far the main protagonist.  

I said there wasn't a main antagonist. There was nobody in the game that I hated nearly as much as characters like Tenpenny or Dimitri, and I think the story suffered because of it.

AngryGamer94
  • AngryGamer94

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

10/10

It's perfect.

Mr_Steve
  • Mr_Steve

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

7.5 from me.

I admit i truly loved the story and it really has the potential to be a full 10/10.

it just lacks some major issues that i believe would be so easy to fix through DLC such as adding more mini games like basketball or bmx/skateboarding, entering more buildings, driving destructible trains. maybe some more interaction with randoms on the street. fix all the glitches. everything blows up in the same way.

things that would just continue to make the game interesting once the story is over.

now that the story is over im starting to find it boring,   

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Best game I've ever played. Tied with Assassin's Creed 2 for me. Loved everything about it. I'm on my second play-through and am still finding stuff to do. I think Trevor's character is fantastic, and I thought I was going to hate him going into the game. Just overall, a fantastic game.

Markitaylor
  • Markitaylor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

How can it be a 10/10 to some people with issues like it had? It's superb but 10/10 means there is literally 0 flaws.

For example:

- punching people once kills them?
- broken stock market
- helicopter flying mechanics
- police helicopter spawning
- impound lot losing your cars
- garages losing cars (even after patch!)
- lack of mod options for some cars

These are mostly minor but as they exist no one can claim it is 10/10.

I would rate 9 as the glitches and the lifespan of the game after completion aren't the best they could be

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

7 for me. I was beautiful to look at and several of the missions were great, but for me it just didn't have the magic of  either Vice City  or San Andreas, those 2 really nailed it and were both 10's.

bango31
  • bango31

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

How can it be a 10/10 to some people with issues like it had? It's superb but 10/10 means there is literally 0 flaws.
For example:
- punching people once kills them?
- broken stock market
- helicopter flying mechanics
- police helicopter spawning
- impound lot losing your cars
- garages losing cars (even after patch!)
- lack of mod options for some cars
These are mostly minor but as they exist no one can claim it is 10/10.
I would rate 9 as the glitches and the lifespan of the game after completion aren't the best they could be

-I think punching people out in one shot is hilarious.
-The stock market works fine as far as its roll in the story is concerned. Good enough for me.
-Chopper mechanics don't seem that bad or different from ither games with choppers.
-I don't care about the police chopper.
-Impound lot holds your two most recent rides. I've yet to see an issue with it
-Yes, the safehouses sometimes lose a car but the big ones don't. So it's a very minor issue for me.
-What other modifications do you need?

So yes, that's why I say 10/10. It's a completely subjective thing, hence the discussion. There is no hard rating system with strict criteria.

JonnJonnz
  • JonnJonnz

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

For me it's a 9.5/10 with SA still being my favorite GTA of all time

For reference here are my grades of the gta games I played

GTA III: 8.5/10
Vice City: 9/10
San Andreas: 10/10
LCS: 8.5/10
VCS:7.5/10
IV: 9/10
CTW: 8.5/10
V: 9.5/10

ahatius
  • ahatius

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

Gameplay mechanics: 9.0

I enjoy the control scheme and the way things are set up; only complaint is that the aiming reticule is hard to see sometimes

You can change that in the settings -> Display. There should be an option for the look of the aiming where you can select complex - this option uses a different crosshair for each weapon, whatever is most appropriate.

• Snoochie_Boochies likes this

skinnsofa
  • skinnsofa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Story is the best I ever played in a game and IMO a 9.5, but the game itself is a boring drag and the worst mocking of achievementhunters I ever seen. Cant see any reason why Rockstar would make players do this insanely stupid missions where you just hold a button for 45 minutes, but I Guess they get a good laugh when they see how many players actually do this totally braindead stupidity.

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

I think its a 9 overall. Some pointless stuff for me was tennis and yoga, and I never did a marathon, but its nice to have to option I guess. maybe 1 or two missions like finding the sub parts? 10 bucks? damn felt good to shoot her though lol. The mission were so good and really improved from 4. I looooooved most missions like driving the jeep out the plane and skydiving. And the safehouses as I wanted a 10-20 car garage especially for frankin and buying LS customs with free upgrades. I feel bad for getting pist a little for the online delaying but I sure as hell didnt think it would be that good! I mean fighter jets, tank battles, top fun mission, and I love survival! damn I would have paid extra for it! HAving the option to put the parachute on anytime online solved that for me. And sometimes I just 4x4 for hours or bike down the huge mountain and parachute off an insane jump. I know I have opened many eyes online of how insane this game can be! Im talkin jumpin mountains! 5 second airs and sh.it lmao

Ozma324
  • Ozma324

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hey! First time poster and long time lurker here!

Anyway for GTA V I quite honestly think its one of the absolute worst in the series. No Im not kidding...

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:32 PM Edited by ManOfDisguise, 05 October 2013 - 12:33 PM.

9 or maybe an 8.5 when taking the WHOLE PACKAGE(with mp) into consideration. The reviews that IGN and Gamespot etc. etc. made are completely IRRELEVANT as online wasnt out back then so they didnt review the whole package.

The SP part of the game is amazing. Story was awesome and I never felt bored(which is a rarity nowadays) and every character felt unique even though I found Franklin boring. Also mentioning Franklin his ability is really cheap and makes driving super easy.

MP- Horrible and boring. Way too overrated and the world is like a ghost town. DEAD. And I hate how it is such a grindfest. I hate having a leveling system in a GTA game. Stopped playing after like 30 min and went back to SP free roam.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:37 PM Edited by zeppelincheetah, 05 October 2013 - 12:38 PM.

Gameplay: 10/10

Graphics: 10/10

Story: 7/10

Soundtrack: 7/10

Overall: 9.9/10

It is up there with San Andreas and GTA III.  I have to let time help me decide but as of now I would place it as my favorite.  If just the soundtrack and story were a little better.  Franklin's part in particular was laughably bad.  I didn't mind CJ as much because it was more of a cartoony spoof of 1992 west coast gang banging, but this kind of dialouge and story is crap in an HD more realistic modern day setting.  There was one part with Frank and Lamar where the N word was said literally 100 times in two minutes.  For GTA VI I hope they work a little harder on their characters and in refining the story.

The soundtrack was very disappointing because I had sky high hopes but I guess it's really difficult to come up with a soundtrack as good as SA.  I liked most of Rebel Radio and West Coast Classics, as well as the punk station, but the rest was lacking.  The pop was too random and was a poor choice for the most part.  The rock station was awful and the rest of the stations weren't too impressive either.  But the gameplay and all of the things you can do, the random encounters, the car and player customization, the property acquisition, the three playable characters, etc make it the best GTA ever.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

I don't really understand the 10 ratings, I think GameSpot's rating was the most reasonable. I give it a 9. It's not perfect imo, but gives me more of what I like from this series.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:27 PM Edited by Cyper, 05 October 2013 - 01:30 PM.

9/10

Why?

Mainly because of the following:

- Lack of interriors: almost every mission interior gets locked, no nightclubs, and only one single stripclub in the whole L.S.

- Vehicles physics: not enough penalty for crashes, sportcars act like great offroad cars, and motorcycles are screwed up - you can't even do a wheelie or stoppie properly.

- Damage system is Redicilous. People die instantly because of a few punches. AI can't get unconscious like in GTA IV.

- Not enough Safehouses

- NotEnough garages

- Overal stupid game design choices. You can't buy tennis shoes for Michael for instance because Rockstar thought it would not ''fit him''. Well guess what, I realy couldn't care less. Well guess what, I want to decide that. It's my game, i'm playnig it, and I want freedom to dress him however I want.

- All NPCs have serious anger issues

- No police, ambulance, or firefigther sidemissions.

-  Autohealing. Like in CoD and other shooters. Which can't even be turned off.

- Mission design is the best in GTA series so far but the amount of enemies you kill during a mission makes me laugh. The AI doesn't even try which is the reason to why you need a flood of them in order to even deliver a slight challange. But it takes very lttle skill to kill them. The typical boring, mainstream ''Pop'N shoot, autoheal''-gameplay. Missions must become harder. Enemies should be able to take as much damage as the player. No autohealing.

- Missions feels to linear: You have less choice of how you want to execute given tasks in the game.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Single Player: 7/10 (cool story and missions. Free roaming is boring)

Online: 5/10 at the moment (Not working most of the time)

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

9/10

Why?

- Lack of interriors: almost every mission interior gets locked, no nightclubs, and only one single stripclub in the whole L.S.

- Vehicles physics: not enough penalty for crashes, sportcars act like great offroad cars, and motorcycles are screwed up - you can't even do a wheelie or stoppie properly.

- Damage system is Redicilous. People die instantly because of a few punches. AI can't get unconscious like in GTA IV.

- Not enough Safehouses

- NotEnough garages

- Overal stupid game design choices. You can't buy tennis shoes for Michael for instance because Rockstar thought it would not ''fit him''. Well guess what, I realy couldn't care less. Well guess what, I want to decide that. It's my game, i'm playnig it, and I want freedom to dress him however I want.

- Mission design is the best in GTA series so far but the amount of enemies you kill during a mission makes me laugh. The AI doesn't even try which is the reason to why you need a flood of them in order to even deliver a slight challange. But it takes very lttle skill to kill them. The typical boring, mainstream ''Pop'N shoot, autoheal''-gameplay. Missions must become harder. Enemies should be able to take as much damage as the player. No autohealing.

- Missions feels to linear: You have less choice of how you want to execute given tasks in the game.

and you see that and give a 9/10? Srsly? How sh*tty a game needs to be to get something below that from you?

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

This is what make me angry the most. It's too unrealistic.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Just got the game and played for 2 hours.

Pros:

- The Missions are fun

- Like the detailed map

- hiding system for police

- lots of content

-Trevor nuff said

Cons

- Not a lot of things that can heal me up in a shootout.

- Can't act in self defense without police on your ass or help them in a shootout without them trying to kill you.

- Countryside feels empty from time to time.

Score:9.2/10

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

9/10

Why?

- Not enough Safehouses

- NotEnough garages

and you see that and give a 9/10? Srsly? How sh*tty a game needs to be to get something below that from you?

When I rate game I look at graphics, sound, story, features, and improvements from various games. GTA V is a great game but it could have been a lot better.

It was the same story with GTA IV. Rockstar did a great job but at the same time they removed what was great from previous games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users