Quantcast

» «
Photo

Let's be real this game has VERY little replay value.

125 replies to this topic
cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

It IS endless if you have an imagination. You clearly don't. You are without a doubt the type of person that buys a game, completes it, and then takes it back to the store. The game has no replay value for you because you're boring and unimaginative. There are people out there, like me, that could play for hours on SP having fun and finding new things to do every day.

Like i said previously, i, with help from friends, got more out of GTA IV than most people could imagine. And i will be able to do the same with GTA V.

I already did all i could before i met head on with the blatantly obvious barriers on what's possible which you will soon meet.

That's the thing, there are no barriers for me. I will always have an idea of what to do, and i will always be able to do it. I won't think of something that's not physically possible within the GTA V world, i'll think of everything that's there, and thing of things to do with it.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Try some arms trafficking or bounty hunter missions.

Rocknroll85
  • Rocknroll85

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Last game that was this fun for such a long time was battlefielf 3. I have played over 100 hours and Iam not bored yet. This is for me, the game of the generation. The final game of this generation until I buy a Ps4.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

I don't understand this. The game has plenty of things to do, unless your pissy about a half baked storyline that we all knew was going to be trash the minute we saw the trailers with stereotypical characters telling us it was the same bullsh*t from IV and Red Dead Redemption all over again. Compared to IV, it gives you an entire world to replay it. I had to go through that game three times just to finish it I was so bored not even half way through the single player campaign. The missions are not the main drive of any GTA game, and there is plenty of things to do in V, so I don't understand why you're complaining. If the missions aren't cutting it for you, try the Triathlon, buy some properties and do the missions to them (Airstrip one for Trevor is really fun), better yet do the Off Road challenges or the sea races, which are fun as hell!

I am on my second playthrough and have found tons of things I missed the first time around.

Die2moshgta
  • Die2moshgta

whaaaaaaaaa

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

It's just missing something. Some factor that makes exploring/screwing around enjoyable for hours upon hours. I've stolen the jet etc all the few actual novelty features. Nothing else left. Dissappoint

Couldn't agree more.

Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

outside the mission area

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

I disagree - I spent all yesterday replaying the game getting gold medals.

I have also spent a significant amount of time exploring and checking things for easter eggs.

The single player game is not over for me by a long shot.

So when you say "let's be real" what you mean is "in my opinion/experience".

Let's be real here, you only speak for yourself.

And how successful were you at finding easter eggs? Let me take a shot in the dark and say not very? If I'm incorrect please share. Otherwise for the people that don't enjoy doing absolutely nothing this thread is very relevant.

not true, I have found very many easter eggs. Not discovered on my own, but with help from this forum and others:

Merle Abrams story.

Dinosaur.

A UFO.

Another UFO.

Another UFO.

Murals all over the place.

Those are just the most obvious ones that spring to mind, and new ones are being discovered all the time. It is not "doing nothing", it is going to seldom visited placed on the map and finding cool things.

I won't deny that it is not everyone's cup of tea, but my point was that it is a matter of perspective, like anything. Saying "let's be real" doesn't change that. And it doesn't matter if you are in the majority or not.

Let's be real... Rihanna is f*cking awful.

(actually that's a matter of taste. even though I agree).

Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

outside the mission area

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

another poster hit the nail on the head when he mentioned "imagination."

There's a kid who get's a little pedal car for Christmas. He sits in it. His dad pushes him around the garden in it. He toots the horn, pulls the brake lever, and makes screeching car noises with his voice. Then he runs out of things to do with it. It goes in the shed semi-permanently and is only taken out to show off to friends who don't have one.

The kid next door is still having fun months later. At first he uses the box the car came in as a make-believe garage. then he gets out the paint pots and makes his grey car into a sporty red one, like Uncle Dave's cool car. Then he realises that the street is on a slight incline and he can get it going pretty fast without even pedalling if he takes it out front of the house. Then he finds out Daisy next door is envious of him, so he makes friends with her, they push each other around in the car and Daisy's mother gives them both popsicles. That gives Daisy the idea that the car is now an ice cream truck, and they play shop with it for a while...

... and the story goes on, limited only by YOUR imagination.

If you are the type of person who gets bored easily, it is because YOU are boring.

I don't understand it. I am NEVER bored at all. I have a massive list of books I want to read, films I want to see, places I want to go, people I want to meet, and I will not have time to do a fraction of it in the next 100 years.

• carsupra and Dingleman like this

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Maybe you're getting too old for video games and you're just getting bored.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Shut up and grab a minigun :pp

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Im having a blast with multiplayer on PS3 right now so there...

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

Big Mouthed Prick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

another poster hit the nail on the head when he mentioned "imagination."

There's a kid who get's a little pedal car for Christmas. He sits in it. His dad pushes him around the garden in it. He toots the horn, pulls the brake lever, and makes screeching car noises with his voice. Then he runs out of things to do with it. It goes in the shed semi-permanently and is only taken out to show off to friends who don't have one.

The kid next door is still having fun months later. At first he uses the box the car came in as a make-believe garage. then he gets out the paint pots and makes his grey car into a sporty red one, like Uncle Dave's cool car. Then he realises that the street is on a slight incline and he can get it going pretty fast without even pedalling if he takes it out front of the house. Then he finds out Daisy next door is envious of him, so he makes friends with her, they push each other around in the car and Daisy's mother gives them both popsicles. That gives Daisy the idea that the car is now an ice cream truck, and they play shop with it for a while...

... and the story goes on, limited only by YOUR imagination.

If you are the type of person who gets bored easily, it is because YOU are boring.

I don't understand it. I am NEVER bored at all. I have a massive list of books I want to read, films I want to see, places I want to go, people I want to meet, and I will not have time to do a fraction of it in the next 100 years.

This is probably one of the best posts I've seen in this forum since the game was released.

• Dog_Bread likes this

madicea13
  • madicea13

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

It's an open world sandbox game. every gta game is like this... you have so much freedom and the 3 protagonists are awesome characters! i prefer playing them than my stupid looking non-talking online character. 

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

I still don't understand why people think this game has any less replay value than the previous entries in the series.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Lets be real, you're just stupid.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

I still don't understand why people think this game has any less replay value than the previous entries in the series.

I don't get it either. It took me a few days to even get to Trevor because I was having so much fun messing around. This game has loads of fun in it.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Maybe you should make your own fun.

Trust me dude I've tried. I've gotten the fully modded up adder and seen how long I can out maneuver them at 5 stars. Gotten in to the death street boxing matches with wave after wave of paramedics as trevor, used the invincible cheat to destroy anything and everything, set elaborate death traps with jerry can trails and sticky bombs, and many more. And it all goes stale very quickly. Before you would think.

Okay then, big deal. Don't play it, you're not forced to. Go make your own game and stop bitching.

bitching about someone bitching...

seems legit

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Replay value in a GTA game is all on your personal imagination. Before online,if i was bored,I'd just tune my car out,get out on the desert and drive around. Or you could bring chop along for a bit of a treasure hunt :D. You'll discover something new every time you go through certain places,the map is just huge and detailed. 

Uhwoahnohuh
  • Uhwoahnohuh

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Firstly, Put a spoiler tag in your post, But i sort of agree, It is still fun to play and i replay the missions all the time, But at the same time there isnt much to do after the story other than tennis and stuff, I like tennis but there should be gang wars and stuff like that

grandtheftchronic
  • grandtheftchronic

Grand Thief Toker

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

As online gets better and more content is created you will have more stuff to do. Also Im preety sure that SP will get some sort of DLC.

it f*cking better. I'm with the OP Icant lie to myself anymore and say I'm happy. Pissed. Still playing it but pissed.

EscobarVice
  • EscobarVice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

I wanted it to be great just as much as the rest of you. But I won't continue to lie to myself. Online still down. Story mode completed. Free roam is lacking. And no don't even suggest to run around picking up gay little parts of a UFO or some sh*t. I'll do that tedious stuff when you offer me real money. Los Santos is dead the same time devin is dead.

You've obviously never played IV, if you had you wouldn't be complaining.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Try playing without map or radar. Totally different experience.

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

"Let's be real this game has VERY little replay value." Umm, no.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

It has more replay value than most games out there.

GTAO is enought to last for years.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

Sucks to be you lol. 1 BILLION in sales, 10/10 ratings best game of all time and you are the outcast. :)

That means sh*t.  Gamers decide how good a game really is , not sales and definitely not biased reviewers.

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

That's why the put most of their efforts into Online.
I already explained this in detail on another thread.

Good thing. It turned out quite well for their efforts

16 million people in one day is quite a turn up. No server will handle that.

Online has been a mess, server issues aside its been.. bad..  I still hope the content that's held back will fix the mini-game feel of it all.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

It's just missing something. Some factor that makes exploring/screwing around enjoyable for hours upon hours. I've stolen the jet etc all the few actual novelty features. Nothing else left. Dissappoint

That's because the game is too easy and shallow, dumbed down for the casual market, so it gets old fast.  

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

For not screwing around enough that answers easy... I'm not a kid these days, my devotion for running around a sandbox just not there lol

GranThefTito
  • GranThefTito

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

Anyone else remember the first few GTA's? when ALL you could do was steal cars and kill people? Those games gave me years upon years of endless fun, and the most feature packed GTA yet shows up, and you're bored after a few weeks?

Excuse me a moment while I go let that settle in..

:blink:

yes just that if the people is dying by the superman police of game grand theft auto 5 the people can not enjoying the game how historic games grand theft auto

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

That's because the game is too easy and shallow, dumbed down for the casual market, so it gets old fast.  

Stop pretending video games take skill.

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

Sucks to be you lol. 1 BILLION in sales, 10/10 ratings best game of all time and you are the outcast. :)

That means sh*t.  Gamers decide how good a game really is , not sales and definitely not biased reviewers.
Hahahaha are you f*cking stupid? Who buys the game then? F*cking ghosts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users