Quantcast

» «
Photo

Let's be real this game has VERY little replay value.

125 replies to this topic
Dog_Bread
  • Dog_Bread

awake

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I disagree - I spent all yesterday replaying the game getting gold medals.

I have also spent a significant amount of time exploring and checking things for easter eggs.

The single player game is not over for me by a long shot.

So when you say "let's be real" what you mean is "in my opinion/experience".

Let's be real here, you only speak for yourself.

• TonyMontanaCDL likes this

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

I disagree - I spent all yesterday replaying the game getting gold medals.

I have also spent a significant amount of time exploring and checking things for easter eggs.

The single player game is not over for me by a long shot.

So when you say "let's be real" what you mean is "in my opinion/experience".

Let's be real here, you only speak for yourself.

And how successful were you at finding easter eggs? Let me take a shot in the dark and say not very? If I'm incorrect please share. Otherwise for the people that don't enjoy doing absolutely nothing this thread is very relevant.

Prestb97
  • Prestb97

Master of Laziness

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'm still having fun with the game. :catloaf:

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

We should really stop replying to the sour faced, spoiled spastics that can't seem to accept a game for what it is and are always demanding more.

GTA IV had less than a quarter of what this game has, and i was playing that up until this was released. I am going to be playing this game for a very very long time. So long that i won't need a next gen console for at least a year. Rockstar say it'll be good for ten years. I'll definitely be playing it for that long. Hell, i'd be able to play SP for that long, let a lone online with my buddies.

How about you get an imagination, or just go play CoD. Replay value overload.

• djv3n0m likes this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

I wouldn't say very little, but as opposed to R*'s previous title, I can agree that I'm not inspired to play through GTA V as much as I was with those games (Red Dead Redemption, L.A Noire)

RDR maybe, but LAN? That game was barely a 'game'.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

We should really stop replying to the sour faced, spoiled spastics that can't seem to accept a game for what it is and are always demanding more.

GTA IV had less than a quarter of what this game has, and i was playing that up until this was released. I am going to be playing this game for a very very long time. So long that i won't need a next gen console for at least a year. Rockstar say it'll be good for ten years. I'll definitely be playing it for that long. Hell, i'd be able to play SP for that long, let a lone online with my buddies.

How about you get an imagination, or just go play CoD. Replay value overload.

I'm not even saying the game is bad. I enjoyed it. Im just strongly questioning their decisions about what alternate activities would be included and how much effort was put into each one. It boggles my mind how they thought THESE are the things we wanted for pasttimes? Did they forget that after the story these become a substantially larger part of the game and its important to make them worthwhile. And not f*cking triathlons and yoga?!?

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

You really have no idea about GTA games, do you... >.>

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

I've still got a lot of fun left in GTAV, but I understand what the OP is saying.  We expected the ultimate crime world simulator, including latest greatest physics and just scores of new little things to play with and experiment with on our own, using our imaginations to experiment with the game engine. 

But I am getting the feeling that GTAV is more strictly designed and thus more gamelike, but less simulator-like, in its core philosophy.  That is a wrong turn from the trend that GTA games were following up until now. 

Yoga is by far the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a video game

:^: This is just one example of how GTAV went off the rails.  It seems like the old GTAV game design crew all retired and they hired a bunch of "qualified" designers away from other, more game-like companies. 

The same design crew that decided to put dancing into a GTA game?

I hated that f*cking dancing.  You can be sure that I never touched it again once I got through the couple of essential steps / missions where we had to do it. 

Then dancing popped up again in a necessary mission in TBOGT, the only time we were allowed to go into Bahama Mamas in SP.  As soon as I realized it was another goddamned dancing mission, I said, "oh, sh*t." 

So, yeah, there was worthless stuff in the previous GTA's also.  I could gladly ignore the yoga and other crap if there were some evolved physics or other well-thought out activities in GTAV, at this stage in history.  But it seems like those things got cut in the hurry (after 5 years) to get the game out the door.  :angry:

TOWILS
  • TOWILS

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Last night I spent more hours on this game than you've been a member of this forum doing random crazy shiz. No missions.

Replay value to me, and probably the majority, is endless.

Michael De Santa
  • Michael De Santa

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

I've still got a lot of fun left in GTAV, but I understand what the OP is saying.  We expected the ultimate crime world simulator, including latest greatest physics and just scores of new little things to play with and experiment with on our own, using our imaginations to experiment with the game engine. 

But I am getting the feeling that GTAV is more strictly designed and thus more gamelike, but less simulator-like, in its core philosophy.  That is a wrong turn from the trend that GTA games were following up until now. 

:^: This is just one example of how GTAV went off the rails.  It seems like the old GTAV game design crew all retired and they hired a bunch of "qualified" designers away from other, more game-like companies. 

I hated that f*cking dancing.  You can be sure that I never touched it again once I got through the couple of essential steps / missions where we had to do it. 

Then dancing popped up again in a necessary mission in TBOGT, the only time we were allowed to go into Bahama Mamas in SP.  As soon as I realized it was another goddamned dancing mission, I said, "oh, sh*t." 

So, yeah, there was worthless stuff in the previous GTA's also.  I could gladly ignore the yoga and other crap if there were some evolved physics or other well-thought out activities in GTAV, at this stage in history.  But it seems like those things got cut in the hurry (after 5 years) to get the game out the door.  :angry:

A suitable Username :lol:

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

A suitable Username :lol:

Lool dedicated troll. Saints row fan calling out a gta game... Anything new? Well nahh

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Last night I spent more hours on this game than you've been a member of this forum doing random crazy shiz. No missions.

Been there done that. Soon enough you'll realize it's actually not endless when cops swarm like buzzards if you so much as step on a cockroach. As well as you realizing there's only so many scenarios you can play out. Anything fun gets cops on you. Then it's rinse and repeat. Plain and simple. For a game that's so focused on crime it needs some type of randomly generated CRIMINAL activity as an endless side mission. Doesn't have to be gangs. But something along those lines that is dynamic.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

The difference is in past games cops were more relaxed. And you could actually put up a fight against them. In this one not so much

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

It IS endless if you have an imagination. You clearly don't. You are without a doubt the type of person that buys a game, completes it, and then takes it back to the store. The game has no replay value for you because you're boring and unimaginative. There are people out there, like me, that could play for hours on SP having fun and finding new things to do every day.

Like i said previously, i, with help from friends, got more out of GTA IV than most people could imagine. And i will be able to do the same with GTA V.

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Good one :^:  !!!

BRAVO-gif.gif

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Honestly this will happen to a lot of Console Gamers due to how Consoles don't get mods.

People are still playing GTA SA and even GTA 3 because of modding.

Don't get me wrong some console owners might still play their GTAs but its not the same thing.

carsupra
  • carsupra

Photographer

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:23 AM Edited by carsupra, 05 October 2013 - 10:24 AM.

I grew up playing GTAIII. Since it was the first installment of the GTA franchise in a 3D environment, it was fun.

Replay value, there's a lot. More than what the previous GTA's had in the game. It's how you view your goals in the game, and how you reach them. If you expected way too much, then of course you'll be disappointed. I find that if you pay attention to the finer details of the game, that you start to appreciate, and enjoy the game a bit more.

Don't look at the bigger activities, and just judge. Learn that Los Santos has more to offer than what you previously complained in this thread. Compare the older GTA's to GTA V. There's wasn't much you can do except kill civilians or steal cars and evade the police. If you hadn't grown up playing the older GTA's, you won't really appreciate this one as much as some of us do.

Some people appreciate finding treasures, or exploring. That's their way of having fun. Don't just bash on them, or shove your opinions down their throats because you think a lot of the activities R* included aren't what you expected in terms of replay value/fun. Learn to adapt, and have some enjoyment with GTA V. If you think GTA V has cops which are annoying, or think every activity or mission is tedious when replayed, try playing some older GTA's. MP also adds replay value as well...

• durkahdurkah likes this

durkahdurkah
  • durkahdurkah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

It IS endless if you have an imagination. You clearly don't. You are without a doubt the type of person that buys a game, completes it, and then takes it back to the store. The game has no replay value for you because you're boring and unimaginative. There are people out there, like me, that could play for hours on SP having fun and finding new things to do every day.

Like i said previously, i, with help from friends, got more out of GTA IV than most people could imagine. And i will be able to do the same with GTA V.

So so true my friend. The replay value for V is much higher than IV, and i played the sh*t out of IV. Oh and when i say replay value, i mean running round creating my own havoc, i never play these side games. The side games never really add to gta game once it's complete, the vigilante missions in IV were so boring for me. It's the free roam and imagination that makes a game last years.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

I am the opposite of what you think. Between missions I would always go in free roam and f*ck around. Exploring different cheat codes etc. I already did all i could before i met head on with the blatantly obvious barriers on what's possible which you will soon meet. By the time I finished story i realized how empty it truely is. What about a side mission where a randomly selected pedestrian anywhere on the map becomes a target that you have to assasinate. And he has a crew of say 5-25 henchmen-the amount is randomly generated and you wont know, along with their vehicles/arsenal and they try to keep him alive. Obviously no cutscenes or any of that. Would that not be possible? And if it were would it not be better than f*cking stuntjumps?

TOWILS
  • TOWILS

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Been there done that. Soon enough you'll realize it's actually not endless when cops swarm like buzzards if you so much as step on a cockroach. As well as you realizing there's only so many scenarios you can play out. Anything fun gets cops on you. Then it's rinse and repeat. Plain and simple. For a game that's so focused on crime it needs some type of randomly generated CRIMINAL activity as an endless side mission. Doesn't have to be gangs. But something along those lines that is dynamic.

Personally, I haven't had a single issue with the police. I love the new system. And I think they have fixed the super accuracy they had prior to the update.

I played GTA IV for a long long time, so this one will absolutely keep me occupied for an even longer time. I've barely scratched the surface. I haven't even attempted online yet. Once everything is running smoothly that side that improves an already massive amount of replay value.

You don't like the police, or the game once completed by the sounds of it. That's cool, it's your opinion. However you are in the minority.

• carsupra likes this

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

I grew up playing GTAIII. Since it was the first installment of the GTA franchise in a 3D environment, it was fun.

Replay value, there's a lot. More than what the previous GTA's had in the game. It's how you view your goals in the game, and how you reach them. If you expected way too much, then of course you'll be disappointed. I find that if you pay attention to the finer details of the game, that you start to appreciate, and enjoy the game a bit more.

Don't look at the bigger activities, and just judge. Learn that Los Santos has more to offer than what you previously complained in this thread. Compare the older GTA's to GTA V. There's wasn't much you can do except kill civilians or steal cars and evade the police. If you hadn't grown up playing the older GTA's, you won't really appreciate this one as much as some of us do.

Some people appreciate finding treasures, or exploring. That's their way of having fun. Don't just bash on them, or shove your opinions down their throats because you think a lot of the activities R* included aren't what you expected in terms of replay value/fun. Learn to adapt, and have some enjoyment with GTA V. If you think GTA V has cops which are annoying, or think every activity or mission is tedious when replayed, try playing some older GTA's. MP also adds replay value as well...

I loved vice city as well. But cops are too difficult imo to wreak havoc like you could in those. And I understand that people have different preferences I'm not trying to bash them, I'm fine with the game having that stuff as long as it has other types of side missions as well. With the vigilante/taxi driving generator and the previous gang turf system the possibilities are endless but they did nothing with it.

durkahdurkah
  • durkahdurkah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:42 AM Edited by durkahdurkah, 05 October 2013 - 10:42 AM.

I am the opposite of what you think. Between missions I would always go in free roam and f*ck around. Exploring different cheat codes etc. I already did all i could before i met head on with the blatantly obvious barriers on what's possible which you will soon meet. By the time I finished story i realized how empty it truely is. What about a side mission where a randomly selected pedestrian anywhere on the map becomes a target that you have to assasinate. And he has a crew of say 5-25 henchmen-the amount is randomly generated and you wont know, along with their vehicles/arsenal and they try to keep him alive. Obviously no cutscenes or any of that. Would that not be possible? And if it were would it not be better than f*cking stuntjumps?

This is why he used the words 'Imagination'. Rather hoping for a multitude of games modes that just haven't been included in the game, why not create your own, using your imagination. In GTA san andreas and IV I used to follow and then assasinate an NPC, pretending to be a hitman. It was the greatest thing ever, because i could then make another scenario, making the fun and possibilites endless. If Rockstar had put this idea of your's in, it would only get very boring and repetitive, because of the rules and limitations of side games. In V i can literally re-create scenes from dozens of films, all using the freedom of free roam, and a little imagination.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thought the game was going to be a step-up, instead it was just another installment to the series.

Honestly speaking, that's on you bro. The game is just another installment to the series.

You want to know why you can't put cars on a trailer? Because Rockstar didn't feel like letting you.

Get over it. At the end of the day, as you would if you put money down on a painting, you're enjoying someone else's work of art. You're supposed to appreciate it for it is, not what you want it to be. Do you think these big time art collectors purchase the pieces and complain, "but I spent several million dollars on that, I want it to look THIS way!" No, they purchase it the way the artist intended for it to be. Why the hell we view video games any different is beyond f*cking me.

• Ola441 likes this

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

This is why he used the words 'Imagination'. Rather hoping for a multitude of games modes that just haven't been included in the game, why not create your own, using your imagination. In GTA san andreas and IV I used to follow and then assasinate an NPC, pretending to be a hitman. It was the greatest thing ever, because i could then make another scenario, making the fun and possibilites endless. If Rockstar had put this idea of your's in, it would only get very boring and repetitive, because of the rules and limitations of side games. In V i can literally re-create scenes from dozens of films, all using the freedom of free roam, and a little imagination.
Well I disagree. The peds aren't armed ready to fight back. I couldnt get Trevor to hang out then go take out a group of peds in battle. If cops could be annihilated I guess I'd be alright with that too. But you can't win. If you hold a position they will come until the end of time. And you can't tell me taking out 4 dudes with knives for example for one assassination then the next yellow dot you roll up on is 40 guys each with an rpg wouldn't be a little fun and add variety at the very least

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

Thought the game was going to be a step-up, instead it was just another installment to the series.

Honestly speaking, that's on you bro. The game is just another installment to the series.You want to know why you can't put cars on a trailer? Because Rockstar didn't feel like letting you.Get over it. At the end of the day, as you would if you put money down on a painting, you're enjoying someone else's work of art. You're supposed to appreciate it for it is, not what you want it to be. Do you think these big time art collectors purchase the pieces and complain, "but I spent several million dollars on that, I want it to look THIS way!" No, they purchase it the way the artist intended for it to be. Why the hell we view video games any different is beyond f*cking me.

Comment of the century in gtaF...All gamers need to see this

It makes sense.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

The beauty of it is that even if something like that was included you could still play your way too. I would be shocked if anyone has run more than 10 triathlons by now. So they obviously don't care about creating side missions even if only a select few in a niche will ever use it. But at least attempt something. SA shines in this area and here it was totally neglected.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Honestly speaking, that's on you bro. The game is just another installment to the series.You want to know why you can't put cars on a trailer? Because Rockstar didn't feel like letting you.Get over it. At the end of the day, as you would if you put money down on a painting, you're enjoying someone else's work of art. You're supposed to appreciate it for it is, not what you want it to be. Do you think these big time art collectors purchase the pieces and complain, "but I spent several million dollars on that, I want it to look THIS way!" No, they purchase it the way the artist intended for it to be. Why the hell we view video games any different is beyond f*cking me.
Maybe because when you buy a painting you know exactly what your getting while buying a game you get a disc and don't know 95% of what's on it you dumbf*ck. Do you even logic

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

PC version=mods=much more replayablity value

naf said

TronxX
  • TronxX

Player but no hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

GTA V would be so much better with the addition of some story-based dlc. Just some basic haircuts/clothes is enough. Still better then nothing. But i have a bad feeling regarding this...

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

GTA V would be so much better with the addition of some story-based dlc. Just some basic haircuts/clothes is enough. Still better then nothing. But i have a bad feeling regarding this...

It's to soon to say of they are going to release story DLC... I sure hope so, loved the story in V but some backstory on michael and trevor or how franklin grew up would be nice.... 

OP: In that matter every GTA has no replay-value... it's do the story and than create your own fun, create havoc in the city, role-playing and do whatever it comes to your mind. It this kind of fun that kept me playing SA & IV for a long time and is keeping me in V greatly addicted. Besides if you find fun in offline than there's always the online mode which seems to be where R* wants GTA V to shine (and from what I've played it seems pretty impressive although Im just level 10)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users