Quantcast

» «
Photo

Let's be real this game has VERY little replay value.

125 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

That's why the put most of their efforts into Online.
I already explained this in detail on another thread.

Good thing. It turned out quite well for their efforts

If they just left the multiplayer like in GTA IV and RDR the game would have been released in March 2013 like they originally planned because by then, the story mode would have been finished. But I think they wanted to make the online more than that, and that required more time. This probably would have required an even longer delay than the late Sept/early October release, but they didn't want competition from the next gen consoles. So... I think they did somewhat skimp on the single player mode and focused on the Online, which probably took a majority of their time and resources. Even after launch the Online still wasn't complete. They'd rather release it earlier with problems, lots of sales/no competition than later with fewer problems, fewer sales/PS4 XB1 competition. 

I ended up explaining it a little... but I just couldn't help it. 

These are just my thoughts though. 

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Anyone else remember the first few GTA's? when ALL you could do was steal cars and kill people? Those games gave me years upon years of endless fun, and the most feature packed GTA yet shows up, and you're bored after a few weeks?

Excuse me a moment while I go let that settle in..
:blink:

I used to have a blast doing that over and over in sa as well. Maybe it's because the cops are no longer fun to battle/evade. They feel like more of a nuisance in this game. And partly because the map blows. Look at this huge map we created! Half of which are giant vacant mountains, desert or lakes. And another quarter boring ass small towns with no reason to travel to. Like i said. It's all an illusion.
  • JDoubleT and ThroatSlasher2 like this

the_kid311
  • the_kid311

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

I wanted it to be great just as much as the rest of you. But I won't continue to lie to myself. Online still down. Story mode completed. Free roam is lacking. And no don't even suggest to run around picking up gay little parts of a UFO or some sh*t. I'll do that tedious stuff when you offer me real money. Los Santos is dead the same time devin is dead.

i agree with the OP

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

I wouldn't say very little, but as opposed to R*'s previous title, I can agree that I'm not inspired to play through GTA V as much as I was with those games (Red Dead Redemption, L.A Noire)

Dude c'mon. Those games don't have more replay value. Maybe in terms of story missions but even then playing L.A. Noire was pointless after you collect all the evidence and newspapers. RDR replay value came from the mp. Collecting flowers and killing coyotes gets old pretty fast.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Anyone else remember the first few GTA's? when ALL you could do was steal cars and kill people? Those games gave me years upon years of endless fun, and the most feature packed GTA yet shows up, and you're bored after a few weeks?

Excuse me a moment while I go let that settle in..

:blink:

It's not just about features, but how those features are implemented. 

Personally, I had more fun with IV just goofing off and IV had less features. I frequently used the interiors to bait cops and would just go around exploring because Niko could grab ledges and I could see about finding ways up buildings I wasn't supposed to climb. The cops weren't as difficult and I could hide in a hospital where I could get plenty of health and such. I love IV's driving myself so it provided hours of fun. V's driving is more standard so it's fun but not as much for me. The balance of health and difficulty felt closer in IV although Red Dead is the only Rockstar game I felt had a perfect blend of difficult and health because it provided for all kinds of situations with the inventory, but V just feels all off and more frustrating. 

V is a great game but the way it handles itself is important to how fun one has with it. To some it will be an amazingly replayable game, but for others... yeah. 

• Ermac. likes this

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

All of this content you guys are raving about is worthless filler. Collecting sh*t? Needs no explanation. Triathlon? Really? Pressing A repeatedly for half an hour is replay value? And they choose to bring back taxi driving but no vigilante missions? What the f*ck? Even flight school sucks
  • Boxman108 likes this

BzzdLghtyr
  • BzzdLghtyr

Team X Bladz Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

I read the topic hoping for something thoughtful.  Then I realize we are on a video game forum, and you're [insert mom insult}.

You people are all the same.  Game is the NEW RAVE, comes out and you're not satisfied.  Servers die, you're not satisfied.  People died at Walmarts for this stuff, AND YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED.  Insatiable.

GREAT single player game.  GREAT multi-player game.  MORE content to come.

Go outside and stop bitching.    

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by brootalperry, 05 October 2013 - 04:47 AM.

All of this content you guys are raving about is worthless filler. Collecting sh*t? Needs no explanation. Triathlon? Really? Pressing A repeatedly for half an hour is replay value? And they choose to bring back taxi driving but no vigilante missions? What the f*ck? Even flight school sucks

I remember sitting up all night doing nothing but taxi and ambulance missions in San Andreas.

Even then it was fun to explore. I've probably got close to a thousands hours on San Andreas. I played the hell out of it as a kid. I've replayed the story mode a bunch of times yet still, afterwards I was never bored. There was always the turf wars, following NPC planes, going into Area 69, driving a truck with a trailer around the map, doing the trucker missions, taking a 747 from one city to the next but sky diving in the middle of no where and hiking my way back to civilization, driving from LS to SF on a stormy night listening to K-DST. Man, so much memories in SA. Sure it has a smaller map, sure it has less activities, sure there's no online, but it was fun as hell to play afterwards. 

But I'm not comparing this to GTA V. So don't get the wrong idea.

brothan323
  • brothan323

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

As online gets better and more content is created you will have more stuff to do. Also Im preety sure that SP will get some sort of DLC.

of course, I dont think they are going to be adding in more content for free, besides those 4 packs they announed. I KNOW this game withh be chockfull of overpriced dlc. god I hate rockstar

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:51 AM Edited by djv3n0m, 05 October 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Do something about it you have time for this thread you sure have time to write to R* 

People complaining here like GTAforums members are devs or something please GTFO --->

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

I read the topic hoping for something thoughtful.  Then I realize we are on a video game forum, and you're [insert mom insult}.

You people are all the same.  Game is the NEW RAVE, comes out and you're not satisfied.  Servers die, you're not satisfied.  People died at Walmarts for this stuff, AND YOU'RE NOT SATISFIED.  Insatiable.

GREAT single player game.  GREAT multi-player game.  MORE content to come.

Go outside and stop bitching.

I guess me and you just have different standards. For me to say something is a great multiplayer game, you have to be able to actually you know, play it.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

I don't see how it has more or less replay value than the previous games. Once you've completed them there are no more set goals and it's encouraged that you go on rampages and police chases.

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

Reading these posts confirms one thing.

R* isn't the problem, it's the PLAYERS. Mostly all of you are spoiled brats. When GTA 3 came out it was a game changer, fast forward to now and it's as if you expect the game to pop up in front of you with infinite things to do. Well it's not like that, so deal with it.

GTAV is an unbelievably incredible game. Every time I play this game I'm amazed at the detail and landscape. Yet most of you just complain about the "poor graphics" or "lack of stuff to do", I hardly even go on rampages and find fun in the game. I have been playing the game for two weeks straight, about 2 hrs a day, and I'm still finding stuff to do.

I'm also not one of those assholes who buys a game and tries to beat it ASAP. Two weeks in and over 42 hrs in and I have still only done 28/69 career missions.

I feel bad for you spoiled assholes. If you can't enjoy gtav then what other game could you possibly enjoy?
  • durkahdurkah likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:58 AM Edited by woggleman, 05 October 2013 - 04:59 AM.

I don't see how collecting horseshoes and oysters is anymore interesting than collecting spaceship parts. At least you get an interesting vehicle after all the spaceship parts. Maybe you are just an easily bored person. I just beat the game last night and now I will see how fast I can make my money grow with Lester's missions then do all the other stuff. 

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

If this game has no replay value for you then I dont think any game ever will for you. Tell me a game that has more to do after you finish the storyline?

topspin
  • topspin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by topspin, 05 October 2013 - 05:15 AM.

I have beaten it twice. The first time was so much fun. So was the second time, but I did dread playing some of the missions again. Especially Michael and Franklin's early missions. I really can't stand any mission that involves Jimmy, Tracey, or Amanda. With that said, I actually enjoyed some of the intense missions more the second time around; made better crew decisions, didn't die like a noob multiple times, and tried different approaches to heists.

I'm pretty much done for a while, but after playing this game for 80 hours I can't complain about replay value. It was a great game all in all. I don't have any plans on replaying Far Cry 3 or Arkham City anytime soon, but they were still awesome games. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

I can play the Paleto Bay heist over and over again. I think it might be better than Three Leaf Clover.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

No replay value?!

NO REPLAY VALUE?

My goodness, brother-brother, have you not heard the news? There is an all new game development paradigm, and the game confirms what was in reality from before it came. My brother-brother, replay value is abundant, in Grand Theft Auto 5, as we can see, we must simply to open our eyes to what Rockstar has already lay before us: 

http://gtaforums.com...is-a-chameleon/

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

I don't see how collecting horseshoes and oysters is anymore interesting than collecting spaceship parts. At least you get an interesting vehicle after all the spaceship parts. Maybe you are just an easily bored person. I just beat the game last night and now I will see how fast I can make my money grow with Lester's missions then do all the other stuff.

Maybe so. But something like that seems way more like work than fun for me. For the limited leisure/xbox time I have per day I'm not going to spend hours picking up shiny things. Especially for the joke of the rewards

mrbozzedup
  • mrbozzedup

Tryna Get out this Bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

op Play the story over and pick the opposite of what u chose before but when you get online your mind will change

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Dont take anything for granted, it could all be gone soon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

If you think this game doesn't have much to do, I don't know what game can fulfill your incredibly unrealistic needs. These threads are just so redundant...

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

If you think this game doesn't have much to do, I don't know what game can fulfill your incredibly unrealistic needs. These threads are just so redundant...

You still don't understand. I know it has a ton of things to do. But they are all complete f*cking garbage. I would trade yoga, boat races, the endless collectors things submarine UFO parts etc, stuntjumps, golf, car races, celebrity items or whatever it is, hunting (there's more to hunting than just shooting an animal rockstar), the underwater exploration and any other of these low thought just throw them in activities for ONLY gang wars/drug wars and vigilante missions in a heartbeat. "There's so much to do I <3 rockstar!". That's the problem. This time around they went for pure quantity over quality.
  • GranThefTito likes this

Don Roy

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

I enjoy the game, and I play it almost everyday, sucks to be you mate.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Still enjoying SP, replay it, try to get GOLD on all missions.

Roam around, study the people, the world, the diverse cultures...and DIE.

Joined 4 hours ago.

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

You still don't understand. I know it has a ton of things to do. But they are all complete f*cking garbage. I would trade yoga, boat races, the endless collectors things submarine UFO parts etc, stuntjumps, golf, car races, celebrity items or whatever it is, hunting (there's more to hunting than just shooting an animal rockstar), the underwater exploration and any other of these low thought just throw them in activities for ONLY gang wars/drug wars and vigilante missions in a heartbeat. "There's so much to do I <3 rockstar!". That's the problem. This time around they went for pure quantity over quality.

Go to Grove Street. Problem solved.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Does anyone disagree with me on that post ^. Doubt it. I would bet the vast majority of customers played those things once or twice and never touched it again. Yoga is by far the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a video game

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Go to Grove Street. Problem solved.

Cops take killing ballas as personally as killing one of their own. 2 dead ballad= automatic 2 stars.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:12 AM Edited by saintsrow, 05 October 2013 - 08:14 AM.

I've still got a lot of fun left in GTAV, but I understand what the OP is saying.  We expected the ultimate crime world simulator, including latest greatest physics and just scores of new little things to play with and experiment with on our own, using our imaginations to experiment with the game engine. 

But I am getting the feeling that GTAV is more strictly designed and thus more gamelike, but less simulator-like, in its core philosophy.  That is a wrong turn from the trend that GTA games were following up until now. 

Yoga is by far the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a video game

:^: This is just one example of how GTAV went off the rails.  It seems like the old GTAV game design crew all retired and they hired a bunch of "qualified" designers away from other, more game-like companies. 

• PaulDPearl likes this

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Yes^. I really don't like how many of the missions and nearly all of the heists are structured. I would even go a step further and say they replaced them with people from the film industry. Basically "let's make a movie for this robbery but give the player just enough to make him remember it's a game". Press -> to open safe. Press -> to pick up bag. Where is the freedom. The choices and decision making?

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

I've still got a lot of fun left in GTAV, but I understand what the OP is saying.  We expected the ultimate crime world simulator, including latest greatest physics and just scores of new little things to play with and experiment with on our own, using our imaginations to experiment with the game engine. 

But I am getting the feeling that GTAV is more strictly designed and thus more gamelike, but less simulator-like, in its core philosophy.  That is a wrong turn from the trend that GTA games were following up until now. 

Yoga is by far the stupidest thing I have ever seen in a video game

:^: This is just one example of how GTAV went off the rails.  It seems like the old GTAV game design crew all retired and they hired a bunch of "qualified" designers away from other, more game-like companies. 

The same design crew that decided to put dancing into a GTA game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users