Quantcast

» «
Photo

Let's be real this game has VERY little replay value.

125 replies to this topic
CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:41 AM

I wanted it to be great just as much as the rest of you. But I won't continue to lie to myself. Online still down. Story mode completed. Free roam is lacking. And no don't even suggest to run around picking up gay little parts of a UFO or some sh*t. I'll do that tedious stuff when you offer me real money. Los Santos is dead the same time devin is dead.

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

As online gets better and more content is created you will have more stuff to do. Also Im preety sure that SP will get some sort of DLC.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

I am still enjoying it. 

samyG
  • samyG

Uncivilized atheist looking to devour you when you're dead

• Members

Then go play something else.

sneety
  • sneety

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:46 AM Edited by sneety, 05 October 2013 - 03:46 AM.

I'm not sure, I think it does. At least fot me. Had replayed a mission that I had started with Michael, with Trevor instead and got to see a more added to the cut scene than I had before. So I'll be doing it over to see all the point of views.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

It's just missing something. Some factor that makes exploring/screwing around enjoyable for hours upon hours. I've stolen the jet etc all the few actual novelty features. Nothing else left. Dissappoint

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

Whenever I replay missions I find myself suiciding 3 times and skipping half of it. Rockstar:"How can we make a 30 minute long mission? I know! Fly the helicopter to here 7 minutes. Drop the cargo on the train 4 minutes. Fly helicopter here 8 minutes. Shootout 9 minutes. Drive xxx home 8 minutes. Brilliant!"

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Yeah.  They put a lot of stuff in the game but a ton of it is just very tedious to do.  And I should know since I've done near about everything except for the stunt jumps.  Multiplayer may be different but that has yet to be seen due to an incompetent start and features that will only be released even further on.

You've got ranked missions but I really have no desire to go back and get gold on any of them, considering there's no real reward.  Just to list a few examples, I think that games like Killer is Dead or Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker are far better at this sort of thing.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:53 AM Edited by Xerukal, 05 October 2013 - 03:54 AM.

It's just missing something. Some factor that makes exploring/screwing around enjoyable for hours upon hours. I've stolen the jet etc all the few actual novelty features. Nothing else left. Dissappoint

Maybe you should make your own fun.

You know what I did today? I fired up a mod-free GTA IV. The only "mod" I have is the SImple Native trainer. Even with the trainer, I didn't use any "PC modder" exclusive features. Just some options to not fall off my bike, disabling visual destruction of cars for screenshot purposes, etc... 

I started various, colossal police chases across the city and pissed off pretty much the entirety of LC. And in GTA IV, I don't even have that much variety in that regard. Weapons-wise, vehicle-wise. Anything-wise, really. 

Regardless, I had great fun. I dressed Niko up in that Albanian biker outfit and proceeded to do insanely tricky and elaborate chase scenes that I scriped in my mind as I went along. Turned on the custom music on Independence FM to add to the flavor, too. It was great (You can do this as well. Through alternate means). 

Sometimes, you just need to be creative. Now, I haven't played the game yet obviously since I'm on PC, and I don't know if GTA V allows you to be creative. But I seriously doubt It's less varied and more restricting than GTA IV. 

You can't just expect content to be showed down your throat all the time. Not really trying to justify a lack of content, but It's GTA. Grand Theft Auto.

• Ermac. likes this

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

Sucks to be you lol. 1 BILLION in sales, 10/10 ratings best game of all time and you are the outcast. :)

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

It's funny how III and VC were very bare bones but we managed to have a blast with them. People these days just need stuff spoon fed to them. I am having a blast with V because I have an imagination and I find things to do. 

• IveGotNoValues and durkahdurkah like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:56 AM Edited by brootalperry, 05 October 2013 - 04:00 AM.

Then go play something else.

Sucks to be you lol. 1 BILLION in sales, 10/10 ratings best game of all time and you are the outcast.  :)

So in other words...

4IIiOg7.jpg

• Nicolas Chiribelo and GTAspotter like this

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:57 AM Edited by KennethMBB, 05 October 2013 - 03:58 AM.

I think the game has a great base for PC modders to get their hands on. Maybe PC modders can patch the online experience into SP. The vehicle system online is much more fun to play with than in SP. Insurance and all that non-sense, especially stealing a car. I stole a car earlier and a npc put a bounty on my head. Why wasn't this sh*t in SP?

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

It's funny how III and VC were very bare bones but we managed to have a blast with them. People these days just need stuff spoon fed to them. I am having a blast with V because I have an imagination and I find things to do. 

This. Exactly this.

Use your imagination and creativity, people. 

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

This. Exactly this.

I don't think it has to do with imagination or anything, I think it mostly has to do with the issues we get with the game. Lets also not forget a lot of the content left out for online that would've been great to put in SP. Also it's 2013, yet R* continues to make vehicles un-attainable and other non-sense easy to scripts things. Like putting cars on a trailer. Its the simple sh*t we are missing that makes the game irritable. Thought the game was going to be a step-up, instead it was just another installment to the series.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:06 AM

This. Exactly this.

I don't think it has to do with imagination or anything, I think it mostly has to do with the issues we get with the game. Lets also not forget a lot of the content left out for online that would've been great to put in SP. Also it's 2013, yet R* continues to make vehicles un-attainable and other non-sense easy to scripts things. Like putting cars on a trailer. Its the simple sh*t we are missing that makes the game irritable. Thought the game was going to be a step-up, instead it was just another installment to the series.

I understand the frustration in regards to the "simple things missing". Played a lot of games that just had all these small, basic features missing that I was scratching my head over.

I can't really speak any further than my experience with GTA IV and what I've seen with GTA V. So I'll shut up right now. 

Zankou
  • Zankou

Crew: TGMC

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

I went back to SP to mess around for a bit and realized I had a bunch of stuff left to do:
- Street Racing, Sea Racing, Off Road
- Triathalons
- Parachute Landings
- Maude's Bounty Hunts
- Trevor Airplane Missions.

Not to mention all the Random Encounters and the tasks for the businesses I bought.
For me it has too much replay value. Though I wouldn't say that's a bad thing xD

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

Trust me dude I've tried. I've gotten the fully modded up adder and seen how long I can out maneuver them at 5 stars. Gotten in to the death street boxing matches with wave after wave of paramedics as trevor, used the invincible cheat to destroy anything and everything, set elaborate death traps with jerry can trails and sticky bombs, and many more. And it all goes stale very quickly. Before you would think.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

Trust me dude I've tried. I've gotten the fully modded up adder and seen how long I can out maneuver them at 5 stars. Gotten in to the death street boxing matches with wave after wave of paramedics as trevor, used the invincible cheat to destroy anything and everything, set elaborate death traps with jerry can trails and sticky bombs, and many more. And it all goes stale very quickly. Before you would think.

Okay then, big deal. Don't play it, you're not forced to. Go make your own game and stop bitching.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

Lol at the billion in sales 10/10 blah blah line straight out of a commercial. I think you'd be surprised how many feel similar to me. Or WILL in the near future. I used to think it had a ton of depth and I'd never get bored. But eventually you realize it's all an illusion.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Lol at the billion in sales 10/10 blah blah line straight out of a commercial. I think you'd be surprised how many feel similar to me. Or WILL in the near future. I used to think it had a ton of depth and I'd never get bored. But eventually you realize it's all an illusion.

That's why the put most of their efforts into Online.

I already explained this in detail on another thread. 

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

I wouldn't say very little, but as opposed to R*'s previous title, I can agree that I'm not inspired to play through GTA V as much as I was with those games (Red Dead Redemption, L.A Noire)

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Try this. Invincibility, Moon Gravity, Slow motion aim level 2, Explosiove rounds and a minigun. You will get both flying people and vehicles. Also you can play keepy upps with the soldiers if you have a sniper rifle. Enjoy!

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Good thing. It turned out quite well for their efforts

stockwiz
  • stockwiz

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by stockwiz, 05 October 2013 - 04:21 AM.

I think the game has a great base for PC modders to get their hands on. Maybe PC modders can patch the online experience into SP. The vehicle system online is much more fun to play with than in SP. Insurance and all that non-sense, especially stealing a car. I stole a car earlier and a npc put a bounty on my head. Why wasn't this sh*t in SP?

Exactly. I hope the modding ability exists to make major changes ala Skyrim.. there's a lot of potential here to add landmasses and other items. It would be sweet if they released some kind of creation kit but I doubt that will happen.  The negative reviews are being a bit harsh... how many games have true replay value? You get a lot of value for your money, and the argument that online is not working 'right now' is not valid. People and their short attention spans. How about forgetting about the game for 2 weeks and then come back when the bugs are worked out?

I won't however argue with the fact that they purposely said very little to get people to speculate and make up their own rumors. Even now they remain dead silent on the PC and PS4 versions. They know how to make money. They are not stupid.

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

Good thing. It turned out quite well for their efforts

16 million people in one day is quite a turn up. No server will handle that.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

Anyone else remember the first few GTA's? when ALL you could do was steal cars and kill people? Those games gave me years upon years of endless fun, and the most feature packed GTA yet shows up, and you're bored after a few weeks?

Excuse me a moment while I go let that settle in..

:blink:

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

That excuse became Invalid on the 5th day after online release on top of the previous 2 week delay. You people go to the end of the earth before you admit this game has flaws.

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

Anyone else remember the first few GTA's? when ALL you could do was steal cars and kill people? Those games gave me years upon years of endless fun, and the most feature packed GTA yet shows up, and you're bored after a few weeks?

Expectations grow as better games develop. The game has gotten better but a lot of peoples expectations had overgrown.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

Expectations grow as better games develop. The game has gotten better but a lot of peoples expectations had overgrown.

Yeah, I suppose, But damn, this whole thread is making my head hurt trying to understand it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users