Photo

Wow Character gone

23 replies to this topic
representa
  • representa

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

First I lose an apartment.... then I grind my ass off to buy a better one only to have my character deleted. wtf

I feel like Ive been played by a ridiculously hot chick , I dont know what to say

representa
  • representa

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:44 AM Edited by representa, 05 October 2013 - 02:45 AM.

The weirdest part is I still have 200,000 in Bank on both empty character slots, What Gives?

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

If I were you, I'd contact Rockstar and let them know.

C-nigs
  • C-nigs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

The same thing happened to me. Bought an appartment last night, lost it then saved up for a new one. My level 23 character is gone too.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:22 AM

I just booted up GTA 5 a few minutes ago to realize my character is gone too.  It was perfect fine about 3 and a half hours ago when I last played.  Much like you, I still have the money in the bank.

nicholasgodoyx
  • nicholasgodoyx

GTA Online Player

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

Exactly same thing here. I sent an email to Rockstar, because I really think they should compensate character loss, or IDK, restore from a backup? I'll let you all know about their response.

thugzmansion
  • thugzmansion

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

Exactly same thing here. I sent an email to Rockstar, because I really think they should compensate character loss, or IDK, restore from a backup? I'll let you all know about their response.

what is the email address for things like character loss

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Use the mouthoff option on the bottom of their page.  I already sent them a mouthoff.  If they cant restore my character, they better give me free ingame money so I can get back to where I was before.  This is unacceptable.

• nicholasgodoyx likes this

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

I thought this was going to be a comparison to previous GTA titles like "The WOW character is gone".  I was going to chime in and say, "yeah, GTAV is lacking in wow characters".

GTAV characters were bland and boring except for Trevor. GTAIV had interesting characters like Roman and Yusef. GTA VC; every character was great.

V is just a cast of boring, bland personalities.

On topic, your character is probably gone because the servers are down. Wait til they're back up and try again.

tohm
  • tohm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

On topic, your character is probably gone because the servers are down. Wait til they're back up and try again.

how to tell when they are back up?

nicholasgodoyx
  • nicholasgodoyx

GTA Online Player

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by nicholasgodoyx, 05 October 2013 - 04:59 AM.

They said any feedback or bug reports about GTA Online should be reported to [email protected]

nicholasgodoyx
  • nicholasgodoyx

GTA Online Player

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

Use the mouthoff option on the bottom of their page.  I already sent them a mouthoff.  If they cant restore my character, they better give me free ingame money so I can get back to where I was before.  This is unacceptable.

Totally agree with the part of being unacceptable.

nicholasgodoyx
  • nicholasgodoyx

GTA Online Player

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:55 AM Edited by nicholasgodoyx, 05 October 2013 - 04:57 AM.

how to tell when they are back up?

I have absolutely no idea, but maybe tomorrow morning they'll be up already...

sociopath001
  • sociopath001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

If I were you, I'd contact Rockstar and let them know.

i put in a ticket and got a reply saying its been deemed solved with 1.02 but it really hasnt beed solved at all.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Including me and thousands of the people, we are in the same boat. My char. is also gone for 2 days and I don't know what to do. Because even if you start over again (And you lose the last chance of getting your char back if you make new one)  there is no guarantee that your new char will work flawess and it won't get deleted.. Really don't know what to do

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

The weirdest part is I still have 200,000 in Bank on both empty character slots, What Gives?

Not only you lost your character.

Bathplug
  • Bathplug

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

You'll get your character back if you wait for servers to be back. People are quick to just create a new character which overwrites your original stored on the cloud once the servers are back working so just wait.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

You'll get your character back if you wait for servers to be back. People are quick to just create a new character which overwrites your original stored on the cloud once the servers are back working so just wait.

I'm waiting for 2 days. Also how can people play the game (At least some of them) flawless if servers aren't working? If they are working then we should have got our char.s back aint it :S

Bathplug
  • Bathplug

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

I'm waiting for 2 days. Also how can people play the game (At least some of them) flawless if servers aren't working? If they are working then we should have got our char.s back aint it :S

I don't know it doesn't seem to effect everyone at once. If you see it say something about rockstar cloud server then it's not worth playing because it won't save and sometimes doesn't load your character. Also check the social club to see your character on there. Whatever is on the social club site will load back on the game once the server works properly.

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I don't know it doesn't seem to effect everyone at once. If you see it say something about rockstar cloud server then it's not worth playing because it won't save and sometimes doesn't load your character. Also check the social club to see your character on there. Whatever is on the social club site will load back on the game once the server works properly.

My gta online rank looks ZERO but it was 15 and I have zero rank with 84 k money

Trevingit
  • Trevingit

cheese meister

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

I wish they gave us a warning saying our servers are crap, please do not create a new character as it may overwrite your old one. How am I supposed to know that, us gamers are gonna have to put up with sh*t in the future

-TommyVercetti-
  • -TommyVercetti-

@Vercetti Estate

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

I wish they gave us a warning saying our servers are crap, please do not create a new character as it may overwrite your old one. How am I supposed to know that, us gamers are gonna have to put up with sh*t in the future

Agreed but still, I didn't make a new one yet my char. isn't back for 2 days. f*cking c*nts

nicholasgodoyx
  • nicholasgodoyx

GTA Online Player

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by nicholasgodoyx, 05 October 2013 - 01:06 PM.

Allright, it seems they haven't seen the email I sent, and now my provisory character is gone too!!! WTF Rockstar??? Also, social club now shows my rank and money as ZERO, but on the PlayStation, when I see the screen to select a character both empty slots says I still have all my money... I WANT MY FRIGGIN CHARACTER BACK!!

nicholasgodoyx
  • nicholasgodoyx

GTA Online Player

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

I found something about this on rockstar's support site:

http://support.rocks...y-in-GTA-Online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users