losing money after every death...

15 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:36 AM

This is really annoying... I understand it for Free Roam or in Coop Missions, but its just stupid and annoying in Modes like TDM or in those VERSUS Missions. You even lose money when accidently crashing a building when doing base jumps....
And if you fail at TDM or the versus missions, you lost like 5000 $ or more but gain nothing. Not even RP...

Mickey Boozer
  • Mickey Boozer

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

YA WANTALIV FUREVA!?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

Losing 2000 - 5000 $ per death or more at a job which gives you 2000 $ is ridicilous....

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

the problem is rockstar did a % based and when people get a decent amount of money that % which caps at 2k is still really really high. makes it hard to do anything but farm races or certain missions to get money and you cant enjoy the real game until after you get whatever big purchase you want, then you can enjoy it for a little until you get back up to losing over 1k a death, then its back to the grind until you get a nice toy then you can play again when your poor.

people that just save up 500k+ and run around with it in game and try to do stuff will be very disappointed to see it dwindle to under 50k very quickly. like 1 big tdm game lol

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

Them hospital bills don't get paid by ya momma son!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

the problem is rockstar did a % based and when people get a decent amount of money that % which caps at 2k is still really really high. makes it hard to do anything but farm races or certain missions to get money and you cant enjoy the real game until after you get whatever big purchase you want, then you can enjoy it for a little until you get back up to losing over 1k a death, then its back to the grind until you get a nice toy then you can play again when your poor.

people that just save up 500k+ and run around with it in game and try to do stuff will be very disappointed to see it dwindle to under 50k very quickly. like 1 big tdm game lol

I only do races atm cause you almost cant die.
Even in SP you dont lose money after you died in a Mission...

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

is there a good stable stock i can put my money in so i don't lose it to the hospital? i would jsut buy a corquette but i don't know about the stability of my character since i lost one already and if i lose this one i want enough money to buy another house.

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

This has been patched now except for free roam.

_iNciNeraToR_
  • _iNciNeraToR_

Blazin it up

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Ya i was gonna say ive been reading this a few times today, but after checking my bank account after a few unsuccessful missions, there were no deductions :)

Thanks R*

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Ya i was gonna say ive been reading this a few times today, but after checking my bank account after a few unsuccessful missions, there were no deductions :)
Thanks R*

What about TDM and the other Versus Modes?

Black Sunshine
  • Black Sunshine

You made me master of the world where you exist

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

I think it's bullsh*t in freeroam. Mainly because you can't just have fun and f*ck around by killing yourself in fun ways with friends.

xd6___
  • xd6___

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's supposed to be realistic... in real life dying has a lot of consequences so they made it so you have to really want to stay alive. I think it should cost more each time you rank up so once you get a certain rank and have tons of money it still affects you just as much.

_iNciNeraToR_
  • _iNciNeraToR_

Blazin it up

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

It's supposed to be realistic... in real life dying has a lot of consequences

I'm not trolling to troll but I am trolling because I can only think of one consequence, but it is quite severe.

And. Think TDM and other game modes have been patched as well, I was playing earlier (and i didnt specifically check) but i dont recall seeing any red deductions at the top of my screen when I died... I'll have to log back in and reconfirm however...

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

It's supposed to be realistic... in real life dying has a lot of consequences so they made it so you have to really want to stay alive. I think it should cost more each time you rank up so once you get a certain rank and have tons of money it still affects you just as much.

Erm...in real life, dying has only one consequence for the dead person - they don't respawn.

Try to make your argument less stupid next time.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

In real life, I don't give a crap about paying $2000 when I'm dead. 

Cheers!

xd6___
  • xd6___

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Exactly that's why staying alive is so important. They can't make it so youonly get one life in game so they used the next best way to make it realistic.

I do however think death matches should not count at all towards it at all, that's more like a separate reality

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users