I hate being punished for having fun,

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic
xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Sometimes me and my friends like to chill out and do crazy stuff like have a plane chase through the windmill farm or drive off tall mountains. A lot of these inculdes dying. 

However everytime you die, you lose 2000 dollars. So the game now forces you to do missions for fun or you wont have money. And I thought GTA IV was too serious.

• QuietSundayLibrary likes this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

I completely agree. R* cannot come out with Free Roam soon enough.  GTA V online is utter crap right now with the way it's set up.

• xRoni7x likes this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

I hope Rockstar releases a "classic" free mode, which would be like GTA 4 where you run around picking up weapons and such.  GTA Online is a little too serious for me right now and it takes away from some of the fun.

• WinterEdit likes this

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Agree. But it has been confirmed that its a bug and is getting fixed. After the fix you will only be charged for death if you have cash on hand it wont take cash from your bank

• NothingPersonal and xRoni7x like this

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

Agree. But it has been confirmed that its a bug and is getting fixed. After the fix you will only be charged for death if you have cash on hand it wont take cash from your bank

Thanks for confirming this!

cen0bite
  • cen0bite

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

Great news Franklin!

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

No worries it was driving me crazy iswel hahah.

Info can be found here

http://support.rocks...ruins-the-game-

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

Info can be found here

Afraid to say it but that doesn't look like an official R* statement to me.  "Rockstar Games BB" is the author, most responses are by "CommunityAdmin"  I think there's a lot of people that have been trolled.

I also read that the PS3 patch didnt address the issue either.

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

Info can be found here

Afraid to say it but that doesn't look like an official R* statement to me.  "Rockstar Games BB" is the author, most responses are by "CommunityAdmin"  I think there's a lot of people that have been trolled.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU%%%%%%K!!!

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

Info can be found here

Maybe its related to the "Fixed money being deleted incorrectly" patchnote?

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Info can be found here

Maybe its related to the "Fixed money being deleted incorrectly" patchnote?

Could be but if it hasnt been fixed on PS3 then it is a troll. Also someone below in the comment section said that it hasnt been fixed.

The Balcony Guy
  • The Balcony Guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

Deposit all your money in the bank and kill yourself as many times as you like.

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Do this if you want to lose all your money in your bank.

GTAman124
  • GTAman124

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

Just buy more money dude. 

The Balcony Guy
  • The Balcony Guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

Damn this sucks. I had no idea. This makes the bank pointless!

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Just buy more money dude. 

No thanks I already paid enough for the game and this is what they are trying to get me to do. Im not falling for their trap. Also your view makes the game seem like pay to win.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

I'm playing the ps3 version and if all my money is in the bank, I don't lose one penny

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

I'm playing the ps3 version and if all my money is in the bank, I don't lose one penny

Ok then put it to the test. See how much you have in the bank then kill yourself and see if it stays the same. Also if it seems to be fixed, are you playing after patch?

• InfernoV likes this

The Balcony Guy
  • The Balcony Guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

I have the PS3 version too. I remember losing money every time I die if my money is not in the bank. But I don't remember losing money from my bank. So it's probably just a glitch on the 360 version.

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

I have the PS3 version too. I remember losing money every time I die if my money is not in the bank. But I don't remember losing money from my bank. So it's probably just a glitch on the 360 version.

The patch hasnt come out for the 360 zet. Or it has and I havent played it yet. It is 4am here.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

The patch hasnt come out for the 360 zet. Or it has and I havent played it yet. It is 4am here.

yes playing on ps3 after patch and seems fine. don't worry though x360 patch is about to be released in a couple of hours, I'm sure of it

TheNextGTAprotag
  • TheNextGTAprotag

GTA fiend

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

sauce???

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

yes playing on ps3 after patch and seems fine. don't worry though x360 patch is about to be released in a couple of hours, I'm sure of it

Ok. Good to know. 

• KillaDanny likes this

god level
  • god level

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

i lose like $200 not $2,000...

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:37 AM

i lose like $200 not $2,000...

PS3?

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:43 AM Edited by RealTuff, 05 October 2013 - 03:45 AM.

It's not punishment for fun, it's the price of fun. If you're going around causing people death and financial injury, you should suffer the same!

As another poster said, it also stops people from jumping into gunfights and griefing people with various forms of suicide missions. I do think there should be a pure free roam added though, as long as this time the f*cking children don't make every game RPG only + infinite health.

Edit: Also, wasn't it $4000 late on the third? It may have been $2000 for a bit, but today I thought that I wasn't losing as much any more at all. I fell off a mountain quite a few times and kept spawning without feeling like my wallet was emptying as quick as before.

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

It's not punishment for fun, it's the price of fun. If you're going around causing people death and financial injury, you should suffer the same!

As another poster said, it also stops people from jumping into gunfights and griefing people with various forms of suicide missions. I do think there should be a pure free roam added though, as long as this time the f*cking children don't make every game RPG only + infinite health.

Dude, Im talking about with friends as in driving off mountains, crashing planes together and all of that sort. I dont go around shooting people randomly because that is childish. I sometimes even help someone who has a bounty on their head if I think they didnt deserve it(until he shot me so I killed him lol).

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Dude, Im talking about with friends as in driving off mountains, crashing planes together and all of that sort. I dont go around shooting people randomly because that is childish. I sometimes even help someone who has a bounty on their head if I think they didnt deserve it(until he shot me so I killed him lol).

Yeah it does need something like a pure free roam, I miss chasing people with gunships and crashing them into buildings without a car in the world too, you know!

xRoni7x
  • xRoni7x

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

Yeah it does need something like a pure free roam, I miss chasing people with gunships and crashing them into buildings without a car in the world too, you know!

Well then we have an agreement.

RealTuff
  • RealTuff

Ego Driven Asshole

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

Well then we have an agreement.

For a minute there I read your post as "Well then we have an argument." and I had to keep rereading the thread to see what I had read wrong.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users