Photo

Bounty Hunting "Bad Sport"

4 replies to this topic
Karflarfkanogin
  • Karflarfkanogin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

So, I've been labeled a bad sport due to the fact that I am a very good bounty hunter.

Being a bounty hunter requires you to create traps, diversions, and strike fear into your enemy while you stalk them or give chase. It's never anything personal. Being a bounty hunter also requires your target to die. 

With that being said, why should I become a bad sport, if I elaborately defeated my bounties? Let me give you examples.

Example 1: Bounty is in his personal vehicle and he's too fast to catch. Only thing I can see anyone doing against someone that's too fast, is shooting out the tires or blowing the car up. I usually shoot out the tires, unless they have bulletproof tires. Then I blow them up. 

Example 2: Bounty is shooting at me while driving full speed towards my semi. He hits me and explodes on impact

Example 3: A random player is  blowing up my cars that I stole to catch him, and after the 10th time of being killed like this, I decide I'll retaliate once. Boom, dunce cap time. This example is a little more acceptable, because I didn't have to destroy his personal vehicle. But I'm sure if they kill you that many times, you're going to do it at least once.

All those examples above doesn't make me a bad sport. In fact, there is a reason that you're supposed to buy insurance, anyways. Right? If every player respected the personal car rules, that'd take away the fun of Grand Theft Auto V. The reason you have a personal car is so that no matter what happens to it, you'll always have it. Even if it gets stolen, or destroyed. Make a claim, and you'll be fine. The person who destroys the car pays the insurance anyways! Isn't that enough for a punishment? Maybe triple the amount of money that it takes, and include the player giving a little compensation. Like every time a personal car is destroyed, the owner receives the insurance coverage, and 500$ extra for compensation. Wouldn't that be a little more fair?

Another thing I'd like to add. When someone has a bounty on their head, remove the bad sport penalty. If it's a bounty over 5k. 

So I can kill you without fearing the dunce. It's a bounty for a reason, I'm not going to follow you to your house and then realize that you're not going to come out until it's gone. You shouldn't be invincible while in your personal car, that's not fair.

If someone was playing and they randomly blew up your car, or killed you and then crashed your car into a river, that should be punishable.

Not a bounty hunter doing his thing.

R*, please do something about this unfair advantage. I've raised a few points that I find to be very logical. Thank you for your time.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

100% agree with you.

However I think that rockstar feels that destroying/harming players cars instead of players themselves as bad sportsmanship. It's the easy way out when it comes to bounty-hunting.

Think of it as a handicap to you being such  an experienced bounty hunter, This just means that you'll have to get more creative when stalking your targets.

• Karflarfkanogin likes this

Karflarfkanogin
  • Karflarfkanogin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

100% agree with you.

However I think that rockstar feels that destroying/harming players cars instead of players themselves as bad sportsmanship. It's the easy way out when it comes to bounty-hunting.

Think of it as a handicap to you being such  an experienced bounty hunter, This just means that you'll have to get more creative when stalking your targets.

Very very true. However if they have a 9k bounty, and you are competing with a guy in a jet, or 3 guys in a car that are shooting out your tires while protecting the bounty, it gets to be way to hard. I'm not the best. But if my money is in danger, you should be able to use the sticky bombs to their full potential. I'm not pissed or anything, I did deserve this in a way. But I am a little sad that now I'm in a game where bounties don't matter. They will kill you regardless of if you have a bounty. 

Another thing, I can't even play with my friends. My best friend who's off in college came home for the weekend, and I was hoping to go bounty hunting with him. But, I can't now. :(

arionxx
  • arionxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

The entire bad sport system is terrible.  Not to mention playing a shooter as pvp on a console is lol.

• Karflarfkanogin likes this

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

100% agree with you.

Very very true. However if they have a 9k bounty, and you are competing with a guy in a jet, or 3 guys in a car that are shooting out your tires while protecting the bounty, it gets to be way to hard. I'm not the best. But if my money is in danger, you should be able to use the sticky bombs to their full potential. I'm not pissed or anything, I did deserve this in a way. But I am a little sad that now I'm in a game where bounties don't matter. They will kill you regardless of if you have a bounty. 

Another thing, I can't even play with my friends. My best friend who's off in college came home for the weekend, and I was hoping to go bounty hunting with him. But, I can't now. :(

I understand. It's clearly not the most ideal system to prevent bad sportsmanship.  Feel free to add me on XBL if you wan't some help bounty hunting. I consider myself an above average player as I'm a GTA veteran, and Top FPS competitor as well.

GT: SILKtrocity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users