Photo

What do YOU do for fun online?

56 replies to this topic
brantkin
  • brantkin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

I be a creepeh chilling in my house. Watching the tv spectating other players being chased by cops/getting killed >:3. Yeah my character is evil like that. We did our time robbing/killing now we can chill in our 205k house. And look down on the lowly pessiants trying to make a living. jk. but yeah, right now is what i am doing. It is by far the best feature in the game to me. It's so fun to watch police chases and people killing each other. But then again my characters is more of a get away driver/sniper. So i am not ment to be in the thick of things. Just watch tv until i need to get into one of my cars to pick up a friend in need.

Sounds pretty cool; I'm looking forward to seeing that TV feature.

I do follow police chases in my car and often get involved trying to help my fellow gamer.

More often than not the favour is repaid by a bullet in my head or car crushing my body but hey ho!

Yeah it is really cool :3. You can also use a bunch of different visions. Some make it bright while others make colors brighter. I feel the game is very fun once you get a house. But then again i am more rping in this game. I knew it would be grindy and with all the mechinics and stuff in the game. I feel it makes it great to rp. I never done it before in a game beside gta samp tho :3. But i have to say it is diffently a ton of fun.. gta samp was the best mod ever released for a game hands down.

FidelityNy
  • FidelityNy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

I'm pretty much sick of this game. The few days I've been on I've been trying to rank up and get money. Even if you did fool around in the game you're getting chased by cops every few minutes and losing money by the thousands when you die. I gotta pay for bullets, parachutes, etc. This is the perfect example of the bullsh!t behind in-game purchases. Just to make some money off of GTA$ they kill the fun factor.

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

^Get better at evading the police. Try and keep it under 3 stars if you can. I've racked up 303 wanted stars, evaded 257 of em.

Pretty proud tbh :) One of my main focuses is evading as many stars as I can.

SingingTrout85
  • SingingTrout85

Reserved Semi-Serious Gamer

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

Got to play Tennis at Rank 6, and the 1st and only person I played against kept knocking the ball to the far side, just inside the zone where you can't hit it. I haven't been able to aim the damn ball while serving, how the F are they doing that? Also, they not only teleported on occasion (thought this was lag, despite not really seeing it online, minus a rare car disappearing), but at one point turned and hit a ball I knocked back 10 FEET BEYOND THEIR REACH.

I'm wondering if they were cheating now.

At any rate, should look into that Rockstar.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

Played some golf, was fun.

The main fun I’m getting is just trying to stick up 10 stores in a row.

Try it, if you can get away you will fell great

Karflarfkanogin
  • Karflarfkanogin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

I like being a bounty hunter. But then people would use their personal cars to get away, and I'd have to take out the cars because they're too fast. Now i'm in the dunce for being a bounty hunter

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

I grab a chopper and go on a robbery spree, getting away in the chopper.  If I see some player grieving other players I'll put an $8,000 bounty on them.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

I like being a bounty hunter. But then people would use their personal cars to get away, and I'd have to take out the cars because they're too fast. Now i'm in the dunce for being a bounty hunter

Just keep practicing with your aim while driving, you'll get the hang of it eventually and you'll be shooting the driving out his seat at high speeds in no time.

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

how do you get a mask?  That intrigues me.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Had a lot of fun with the cargo helicopter. Picking people up with their cars. Dropping them off at the highest buildings, launching them into the military base or directly into a building.

I even teamed up with someone to take out someone else who had a bounty on his head. I picked up him in his car and flew by the guy who had the bounty, and he was shooting. A flying driveby, which I personally think is pretty creative and fun.

Also, I tried picking up an armored truck, and the thing glitched so hard. My helicopter flipped upside down and the truck blew up. I think it is too heavy?

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

There are some really cool Youtube videos out there of people doing some creative things.

I think the most fun things are done with a group of friends.

1. TRY to Fly the Lazer jet through the tunnel before the fort.

2. Jump a moving helicopter with a BMX bike

3. Watch players rob stores, then try to rob the players :)

4. Stunt Jumps! fun and give you XP.

5. Survive a 5 Star wanted level and lose the cops. (more XP)

6. Inpromptu races.

these are just a FEW of the hundreds of thousands of things

be creative!

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

Car mechanics and shooting is much better than GTA:IV. I hated that game. I mean GTA: V has sold about 10x the amount GTA:IV sold(GTA:IV didn't make 1 billion till like 6 months). 

Races are amazing, especially since they added some old school hot wheel weaponry in some of the races. The deathmatches are also pretty fun.  

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

Flying planes
Driving boats
Roleplaying
Missions

Steverino322
  • Steverino322

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Even playing with my crew I'm finding it tedious; I hope it's just because I'm a low rank but the free roam aspect is very uninspiring at times.

There's only so many times you can rob a store, get 4 stars and evade the police.

The tennis and golf are unrealistic and too simplistic (not that I expected much) still better than 'arm wrestling' and 'darts'. 

I'm finding the game mechanics of online messy, not really sure if there is any main story line plot or just loads of different characters who give you mundane side tasks at different level ranks. 

I'm not a big fan of team deathmatch or races (Especially with the car handling and shooting mechanics on GTA). Which seem to be something R* are pushing as a huge part of the online experience (unfortunately). If I wanted to specifically play either of those I'd go on NFS or COD. 

This isn't a whiny thread but more of a genuine question? I've played GTA:O one day so far and whilst I'm not bored yet, I can see I will be in the coming days if it carries on how it has.

For me the DLC and most importantly, how R* execute the heist creator will be a big part of if this game has longevity. 

I put on a jason vorhees hockey mask, get into a sixteen wheeler and chase people around honking my horn going "I'm 'onna getcha!" until I run them off the road, then I leave them alone. Unless they get away or decide to attack me, then I jump out and have a standoff with them, which I usually lose, but it's still fun lol

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

any gta race is gold.

Twitchh
  • Twitchh

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

Even playing with my crew I'm finding it tedious; I hope it's just because I'm a low rank but the free roam aspect is very uninspiring at times.

There's only so many times you can rob a store, get 4 stars and evade the police.

The tennis and golf are unrealistic and too simplistic (not that I expected much) still better than 'arm wrestling' and 'darts'. 

I'm finding the game mechanics of online messy, not really sure if there is any main story line plot or just loads of different characters who give you mundane side tasks at different level ranks. 

I'm not a big fan of team deathmatch or races (Especially with the car handling and shooting mechanics on GTA). Which seem to be something R* are pushing as a huge part of the online experience (unfortunately). If I wanted to specifically play either of those I'd go on NFS or COD. 

This isn't a whiny thread but more of a genuine question? I've played GTA:O one day so far and whilst I'm not bored yet, I can see I will be in the coming days if it carries on how it has.

For me the DLC and most importantly, how R* execute the heist creator will be a big part of if this game has longevity.

Obviously you and crew are not finding the enjoyment of exploring and having fun, me and my crew have been messing around on trains, parachuting into the army base, driven up mt. Chiliad in an ambulance and much more.

Gta free roam isnt about just leveling up and thats what is so good about it.

Go do something fun not just rob stores.

Twitchh
  • Twitchh

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

There are some really cool Youtube videos out there of people doing some creative things.

I think the most fun things are done with a group of friends.

1. TRY to Fly the Lazer jet through the tunnel before the fort.
2. Jump a moving helicopter with a BMX bike
3. Watch players rob stores, then try to rob the players :)
4. Stunt Jumps! fun and give you XP.
5. Survive a 5 Star wanted level and lose the cops. (more XP)
6. Inpromptu races.

these are just a FEW of the hundreds of thousands of things

be creative!

Someone has obviously been watching KYR SP33DY

bongoclock
  • bongoclock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:20 AM Edited by bongoclock, 05 October 2013 - 04:22 AM.

I do everything.

When I get bored of one thing I go do something else.

For example the missions get boring after doing the same base thing in a different location for a while, so I might play a game of golf, or tennis, or just go for a run around the map to build stamina. Or I might go crazy and cause mayhem in downtown los santos. Ramming people killing people brawling, standing on my hood flipping people off. All of those things get boring after a while, then it is on to something else. 

Thats why I love the game when I can play it...so much to do, and then there is always mayhem to fill in the blanks. 

Some people don't like mayhem, don't like it make your own game, the tears of maybe 10-15 minutes of unwinding, enjoying the money I earned is always topped off when someone starts complaining about you ruining their sand castle.

Its reminds me of EVE Online, yes I want a nice sandcastle...but I am still going to kick yours over if I feel like it. 

Tear Harvesting season is open.

Xbox1988
  • Xbox1988

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

I think the problem may be that for over ten years you've been playing games that tell you what to do and where to go at every turn, which has in the end, stolen your imagination.

Lol

What a fa**ot

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

I wear a mask and get 2 stars for robberies, then when I'm out of cop sight I remove my mask and it goes down to one star, which goes away quickly!  For fun I like to be a criminal, missions, robberies etc.  Sometimes I just drive my BF Injection over mountains and hills for the hell of it!  Btw bf makes a great criminal car, fast durable and offroady to lose the cops! I'm usually the only person I see in a bf too!

how do you apply and remove the mask's, sorry i just got on today for the first time.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

I just boot up singleplayer and enjoy that since i'm not a big online player.

James_Rogers
  • James_Rogers

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Nice responses guys and got some good ideas

Zonbi22
  • Zonbi22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Attack a crew and watch them chase after you through out LS while hearing them cursing you in foreign language.

• James_Rogers likes this

Detained
  • Detained

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Race.

nigga-stole-my-kfc_o_517747.jpg

ItsTotesSoFluffy
  • ItsTotesSoFluffy

Zombie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Last night we went up the mountain in a car all together and failed so ended on a foot race :D found parachutes as we were going up then we all jumped off. As we were coming down we saw airplanes and stole them :D landed them on the beach near the pier so everyone in the city tried coming over and stealing them from us but we held them off :D was hilarious.

Darrell_21
  • Darrell_21

Vice President, SoA Indiana

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

I've yet to get bored while playing. Although, I have 3-5 other crew members online with me at all times whom I know IRL. We always find stuff to do. Just last night we found a couple helicopters and wreaked havoc on other players.

bloodblossom
  • bloodblossom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

i lose my character from rockstars sh*tty cloud servers every single time so i get to replay levels 1-10 over and over and over again for all eternity.. soo much fun...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users