» «
Photo

Spawn Distance.

46 replies to this topic
SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:33 AM Edited by SetOnFire, 13 December 2013 - 03:34 AM.

Passive mode is free. You can opt in at the death screen.

Spawn camping complaints dont hold any weight anymore.

Passive mode is a joke. It doesn't work.

You say spawn camping complaints don't hold any water, but you have not been able to provide a single good reason as to how spawn camping isn't a problem.
Passive mode isnt a joke. It does work.

Only way players can kill you is by car or firetruck splashing. Doubt they managed to get either within the 5 seconds it took for you to respawn and then took it where you just happened to spawn.

Ive been camped dozens of time and rarely have i ever seen both being combined to prevent my escape.

Just go passive and climb whatever you can. Fixed.

In passive you can be run over and killed with bombs, so I don't see how it works.
Bombs ? What are you on about ?

Dude ive been getting shot at by 4 tanks while passive at the same time and the only thing that suffered was my framerate.

Just climb up and you are safe.

reiniat
  • reiniat

Religion is like drugs, it destroys the thinking mind

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:33 AM Edited by reiniat, 13 December 2013 - 04:53 PM.

Lets get this straight:

YOU CAN RUN AWAY FROM SPAWN KILLING, but not with Passive mode (people will just run over you with a car), the best thing to do is to search for a new lobby...

And the pawn system is wrong, it spawns people directly in your or their FOV, and then theres the invulnerability after spawn.....

So yes the system requires rework because its broken. 

• DaTurdburgler likes this

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Explosives dont do sh*t to you while passive. Are you guys just making stuff up to make the issue sound relevant ?

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

They said in the patch notes that they fixed the spawning, but players are still spawning right on top of each other in free roam. :/

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:46 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 03:50 AM.

Explosives dont do sh*t to you while passive. Are you guys just making stuff up to make the issue sound relevant ?

They do if you are in a car (trying to avoid being run over), or in the vicinity of any vehicle.

Unless you enjoy spawn killing I see no reason why you would be against increasing the spawn distance.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

They do if you are in a car (trying to avoid being run over), or in the vicinity of any vehicle.

Unless you enjoy spawn killing I see no reason why you would be against increasing the spawn distance.

Of course they blow you up if you are in a vehicle, passive doesnt protect you while youre in one.

And i never said anything about not changing the soawn distance, my first post in this thread was me saying i didnt notice any change despite the patch notes.

I just called you on your sh*t about passive mode being useless. Learn to use it, its been two months already.

Go passive -> go anywhere a foot of the ground ( or if tank go higher because of their barrel).

Its easy stuff.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:39 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 04:43 AM.

Of course they blow you up if you are in a vehicle, passive doesnt protect you while youre in one.

And i never said anything about not changing the soawn distance, my first post in this thread was me saying i didnt notice any change despite the patch notes.

I just called you on your sh*t about passive mode being useless. Learn to use it, its been two months already.

Go passive -> go anywhere a foot of the ground ( or if tank go higher because of their barrel).

Its easy stuff.

Myself and several others have already explained to you why passive mode is useless. Many times. Learn to read. FYI, this thread isn't about passive mode it's about spawn distance. I couldn't care less about passive mode.

If you have no problem with the suggestion to increase the spawn distance then I don't understand why you are still arguing. You seem confused.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:59 AM Edited by SetOnFire, 13 December 2013 - 05:04 AM.

Its easy stuff.

Myself and several others have already explained to you why passive mode is useless. Many times. Learn to read. FYI, this thread isn't about passive mode it's about spawn distance. I couldn't care less about passive mode.

If you have no problem with the suggestion to increase the spawn distance then I don't understand why you are still arguing. You seem confused.

Your reasons for passive mode being useless are invalid. It won't protect you while in a vehicle or from being run over. Period. Explosives don't do anything while on foot, nor do nearby exploding cars (if they are destroyed by another player) so I have no idea how you could get killed on foot by them unless you exited passive mode just before...

The reason why running over it still kills you in passive mode is probably because the computer can't tell the difference between AI cars and player cars, so they are treated the same. Also being invincible in cars shouldn't be allowed either. Players would be invincible til they run you over, while you can't fight back. That's why it doesn't extend to cars, it would only enable more dickery.

And passive mode is relevant to the thread in some way, especially a lot more since you raised the issue of spawn-camping since it was brought up in the conversation long before I even posted in this thread.

Besides, as I was trying to highlight, passive mode removes all that. Good luck spawn-camping me when the only thing that can kill me is environmental damage (which is was getting run-over really is).

Rockstar should tweak the respawn system by all means, I hate player respawning behind/near their killer/victim just as much as anyone.

But the new passive takes care of the problem anyway. You just died and had enough ? Go passive on death screen and climb a ledge/go inside an interior/go up a ladder/etc...

This is a forum and while our opinions may differ, this is a place of opinions. You seem confused about that.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:08 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 05:09 AM.

@ SetOnFire

Well since you can easily be killed in passive mode on foot, or inside a vehicle I fail to see how it is in any way useful in preventing spawn killing. You have also already said that you have no problem with the suggestion to increase the spawn distance, so I have no idea what kind of half-baked point you are trying to make.

At the start you aggressively came out against any inference that the spawn system is broken and needs tweaking, but now you're saying it does need tweaking and this was all about your issues with passive mode which no one even mentioned until you brought it up!

Dude, lets be real your just trying to save face after making a bunch of ridiculous claims. I don't see any point in continuing this.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

@ SetOnFire

Well since you can easily be killed in passive mode on foot, or inside a vehicle I fail to see how it is in any way useful in preventing spawn killing. You have also already said that you have no problem with the suggestion to increase the spawn distance, so I have no idea what kind of half-baked point you are trying to make.

At the start you aggressively came out against any inference that the spawn system is broken and needs tweaking, but now you're saying it does need tweaking and this was all about your issues with passive mode which no one even mentioned until you brought it up!

Dude, lets be real your just trying to save face after making a bunch of ridiculous claims. I don't see any point in continuing this.

I agree, since you are unable to comprehend how a basic function like passive mode works and take it personally when somebody explains you the flaw in your logic, I am simply wasting my time.

Passive mode does work as intended and while respawns aren't perfect, it still does a great job at preventing spawn-killing if you wish it so. But from your feedback, even with a buffed passive or tweaked respawn system you'll probably still end up getting spawn camped because you will still fail at utilizing the means the game gives you.

The information is there, your choice to ignore it. I bid you good day, sir.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:58 AM Edited by AzraelX, 13 December 2013 - 06:02 AM.

There's a whole thread on the front page right now about how hilarious it is to use passive mode to take selfies right in front of tanks and other people trying to kill you.

Anyone who says passive mode doesn't work has literally no credibility. You may as well be saying tanks don't have enough firepower to kill anyone.

At this point the thread is just a joke. This is to the point where I'm pretty sure it must be trolling. First saying he doesn't know what a griefer is (someone who exploits unintended game mechanics to ruin the game for others), then he doesn't know what a PKer is (someone whose primary goal is to kill other players as much as possible), then he says that explosives can kill you in passive mode which is stupid, then he tried changing it to say that explosives will kill you if you're standing too close to a car when it blows up (which no one ever corrected, that's also false), and then after thoroughly proving he has absolutely no experience with passive mode, he claims that it doesn't work.

Which by itself proves he has no experience with ever using passive mode. Lol. The only way you can die is if you stand in the middle of the road and let someone hit you, and even then you might need to roll sideways a little to make sure they get you.

Saying "I can't stay alive when I'm in passive mode" is the same thing as saying "I can't kill anyone when I'm in a tank". It means you are extremely bad and inexperienced, and confirms to everyone that you definitely don't have any idea what you're talking about. Which really begs the question of why you care so much about an issue that clearly isn't relevant to you in the first place.

As a side note, before a real player points it out, yes I'm aware that being in passive mode makes you extremely vulnerable to firetrucks, so you're not completely safe. My statement about passive mode making you invincible is specifically regarding the stupid "omg u can get blown up and run over!!!" crap. And funnily enough, firetrucks were the one thing he never mentioned, even though it's the only serious threat to a decent player in passive mode.

Well, I'm going to operate under the assumption that this individual is just trying to massively troll this obsolete necro'd thread. It's not fun for me anymore once it becomes this obvious though :p It was entertaining while it lasted, anyways.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 05:20 PM.

There's a whole thread on the front page right now about how hilarious it is to use passive mode to take selfies right in front of tanks and other people trying to kill you.

Anyone who says passive mode doesn't work has literally no credibility. You may as well be saying tanks don't have enough firepower to kill anyone.

Yeah, because a tank has no way to run you over, or blow your vehicle up. Passive mode makes you invincible when you're being spawn killed. Get real kid. If you had any PvP skill you would be all for increasing the spawn distance. The only ones who like the current spawn distance are the kids that can only get kills by camping spawns with their friends.

Players shouldn't be forced to quit the session, or enter into passive mode after they are killed. That means the spawn system is broken. Period.

You can try to twist my words around and make assumptions about me, but it's common sense. I'm not going to debate ridiculousness, or defend myself to a 12 year old kid who did good to type in paragraphs.

Out of everyone who has responded to this thread, you're the only one who thinks the spawn system is good. That tells you a lot. It doesn't look like you have any credibility here at all.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Easy fix would be... On death. Have 3 options.

Spawn close, near or far.   End of problems.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

100% agree. We should spawn at the hospitals like sp. and the mechanic shouldn't be a tool do that your vehicle is still quick to access.

reiniat
  • reiniat

Religion is like drugs, it destroys the thinking mind

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Fixed it, and it ultimately doesnt matter, the spawn system is broken; it sometimes gives a huge advantage to the guy who dies (instaspawn behind you with invincibility), and sometimes it just causes spawnkilling (getting killed over and over in a flat surface without any vehicle to escape), it would be stupid to refuse that simple fact

• DaTurdburgler likes this

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:02 PM Edited by SetOnFire, 13 December 2013 - 05:04 PM.

Fixed it, and it ultimately doesnt matter, the spawn system is broken; it sometimes gives a huge advantage to the guy who dies (instaspawn behind you with invincibility), and sometimes it just causes spawnkilling (getting killed over and over in a flat surface without any vehicle to escape), it would be stupid to refuse that simple fact

Oh no, I agree. The respawn system could use some work, but the new passive already helps a great deal to escape general spawn killing (eg. tanks rushing to your location the second you spawn, etc) BUT it won't stop people spawning next to their killer/victim/etc on a few occasions...that aspect needs addressing definitely.

That being said, if you have had enough and want to leave then the new free passive mode will cover that anyway. Just don't get into a car and expect it to help you out. Just get somewhere high and wait til they get bored (or you know, you could always fight back but that's not the topic issue here).

Only place you could get run over ad libitum is in the desert/countryside and the spawn points seem a lot more scattered there than in the city so it would be quite hard to pull off it actually.

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Whenever I kill someone, they spawn 10 feet away from me. 

Whenever someone kills me, I spawn 10 blocks away. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users