Photo

Spawn Distance.

46 replies to this topic
Loafy
  • Loafy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

I think in multiplayer when I'm cruising along with a bounty on my head, and some guy come cruising up takes a few shots at me so I blast him in the head. Carry on 5 seconds later this douche canoe appears on the top of the hill prime location for shooting me straight down in the gully. Stealing my epic Sandking SWB. 

Anyone else think the spawn limits could be increased.

• DaTurdburgler likes this

Alsith
  • Alsith

Party!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by Alsith, 04 October 2013 - 11:19 PM.

I think in multiplayer when I'm cruising along with a bounty on my head, and some guy come cruising up takes a few shots at me so I blast him in the head. Carry on 5 seconds later this douche canoe appears on the top of the hill prime location for shooting me straight down in the gully. Stealing my epic Sandking SWB. 

Yeah... they are kind of small right now. If I get killed I spawn too close-by... I don't like it. But I'd rather not spawn TOO far either, just a bit more away then it currently is.

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Yeah... they are kind of small right now. If I get killed I spawn too close-by... I don't like it. But I'd rather not spawn TOO far either, just a bit more away then it currently is.

Agreed. They are too close, which lets them kill you back. Which sucks if you're just after some light-hearted revenge.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 01:49 AM.

I hate the small spawn distance. After I kill someone who's bothering me I don't want them to spawn 1 block away, or even worse behind me to start all over again.

Also it sucks when you get killed then spawn right beside the guy who just killed you, only to get killed again off the spawn.

They should double, or even triple the current spawn distance.

• iiGh0STt likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

I hate the small spawn distance. After I kill someone who's bothering me I don't want them to spawn 1 block away, or even worse behind me to start all over again.

i hate people who respawn 2 month old threads, on a situation that has even been solved

• KingPancakes likes this

DUCK FACE
  • DUCK FACE

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Op u mad?
Yes z mad

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

i hate people who respawn 2 month old threads, on a situation that has even been solved

Cause it's the end of the world if someone does and all...

• iiGh0STt, tymaster50 and UnicornAssassin like this

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:03 AM Edited by UnicornAssassin, 13 December 2013 - 02:05 AM.

Cause it's the end of the world if someone does and all...

It's a lot better than just making a new thread without searching for an existing one, which seems to be what 99% of people on this forum are bound to do.

And it hasn't been resolved. It was supposed to be fixed in the 1.07 patch but I can confirm that it hasn't been fixed at all.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

They then whinge that there was just a thread on this...no winning with some.

Yeah i don't think it's changed, it was said they'd be spread out further correct? I've spawned 3 times right next to the other guy, and multiple times within their proximity...

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:11 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 02:12 AM.

It hasn't been resolved which is why I responded to it. Would you prefer if I spammed the forum with redundant threads? Grow up.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:24 AM

This thread describes the whole intention of the spawning system.

The new patch only reduced the randomness of where you spawn, so that you don't happen to randomly respawn in the exact same spot multiple times in a row. It weights other locations more heavily, but of course there's still going to be some chance that it'll happen, otherwise it wouldn't be random enough.

I'm sure the weight increases every time you spawn in that location, and after three times it'll be basically impossible.

The spawn distance didn't change and it most likely never will. It is serving the purpose it was expressly designed for, which is facilitating nonconsensual PvP conflicts.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

Guys guys!  Don't worry about it!  It has been fixed already along with half of everything else in 1.07.  The only thing about these things is that you THINK they haven't been fixed because you're not looking at it the right way!

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

It hasn't been resolved which is why I responded to it. Would you prefer if I spammed the forum with redundant threads? Grow up.

if you haven't noticed, they made it so you spawn way farther away than before, if possible

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

if you haven't noticed, they made it so you spawn way farther away than before, if possible

I haven't noticed.  How are you noticing this?  Are you one of those lucky people who can get their car out of the impound for 250 dollars and can sell cars bought online?

Did the patch just not work for everybody but you?

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

well it seems to be rather different than it was pre patch, i've been spawning farther from my death location than before

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:31 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 02:34 AM.

This thread describes the whole intention of the spawning system.

The new patch only reduced the randomness of where you spawn, so that you don't happen to randomly respawn in the exact same spot multiple times in a row. It weights other locations more heavily, but of course there's still going to be some chance that it'll happen, otherwise it wouldn't be random enough.

I'm sure the weight increases every time you spawn in that location, and after three times it'll be basically impossible.

The spawn distance didn't change and it most likely never will. It is serving the purpose it was expressly designed for, which is facilitating nonconsensual PvP conflicts.

I have no problem with PvP. I enjoy it, but to a point. Anyone who is playing for some competitive fun doesn't want to kill someone 10-20 times over, or be killed 10-20 times over by the same person. People should have the opportunity to get away if they aren't into it.

The close spawning only benefits the griefers who want to kill people over and over while they can't get away because they keep spawning in bad locations.

Lol, no you don't. I've been PvPing on free roam all day.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

well it seems to be rather different than it was pre patch, i've been spawning farther from my death location than before

That's a first then.  I haven't noticed any change in spawning at all.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

I haven't noticed.  How are you noticing this?  Are you one of those lucky people who can get their car out of the impound for 250 dollars and can sell cars bought online?

Had a laugh at this :D

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by UnicornAssassin, 13 December 2013 - 02:39 AM.

Whilst they haven't fixed the spawn proximity (seemingly at all) they have fixed the potential problem of spawning so close to your would-be killer by making passive mode free. Players can no longer be stuck being endlessly killed whilst not having sufficient money on-hand to enter passive mode and not having time to withdraw said money from the online bank.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:38 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 02:41 AM.

Had a laugh at this :D

Seriously tho.

Today I literally stepped out of my car and was right beside it when it got impounded. Then I went straight to the lot to steal it back and before I could get there it was destroyed.

Whilst they haven't fixed the spawn proximity (seemingly at all) they have fixed the potential problem of spawning so close to your would-be killer by making passive mode free. Players can no longer be stuck being endlessly killed whilst not having sufficient money on-hand to enter passive mode.

Passive mode is a joke. Greifers just run you over, or sticky bomb you over and over until you're forced to quit the session.

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

Should spawn you more like 20 blocks away instead of just 2.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

Whilst they haven't fixed the spawn proximity (seemingly at all) they have fixed the potential problem of spawning so close to your would-be killer by making passive mode free. Players can no longer be stuck being endlessly killed whilst not having sufficient money on-hand to enter passive mode and not having time to withdraw said money from the online bank.

Nobody was ever stuck doing that.  Changing sessions is always free, and passive mode was only 100 dollars.  It's almost impossible to have less than 100 dollars in this game.

That also doesn't count as changing spawning locations as the patch notes claimed.   Honestly, the patch notes this time around were filled to the brim with sh*t that wasn't in the patch.

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

That also doesn't count as changing spawning locations as the patch notes claimed.   Honestly, the patch notes this time around were filled to the brim with sh*t that wasn't in the patch.

True.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

Havent really noticed anything different despite the patch notes

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

I have no problem with PvP. I enjoy it, but to a point. Anyone who is playing for some competitive fun doesn't want to kill someone 10-20 times over, or be killed 10-20 times over by the same person. People should have the opportunity to get away if they aren't into it.

Leaving fights is a skill, that's part of the whole "nonconsensual PvP" experience. Not wanting to fight isn't a legitimate reason for someone else to not attack you. This is the central focus of the game you're voluntarily choosing to play.

As for people having the opportunity to get away? Passive mode is free now. Knock yourself out.

The close spawning only benefits the griefers who want to kill people over and over while they can't get away because they keep spawning in bad locations.
I know "griefers" is the sensationalist buzzword on the playground to try to grab people's attention, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't griefing, by any definition of the word. Your indignity sounds pretty silly when you call it what it really is: "getting killed in a PvP game".

The word you're looking for, by the way, is "PKer". What they were doing to you was "spawn camping". They're playing by the rules of the game, trying to win normally. That is the exact opposite of griefing.
  • mewzors likes this

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 03:20 AM.

Leaving fights is a skill, that's part of the whole "nonconsensual PvP" experience. Not wanting to fight isn't a legitimate reason for someone else to not attack you. This is the central focus of the game you're voluntarily choosing to play.

As for people having the opportunity to get away? Passive mode is free now. Knock yourself out.

I know "griefers" is the sensationalist buzzword on the playground to try to grab people's attention, but that doesn't change the fact that it isn't griefing, by any definition of the word. Your indignity sounds pretty silly when you call it what it really is: "getting killed in a PvP game".

The word you're looking for, by the way, is "PKer". What they were doing to you was "spawn camping". They're playing by the rules of the game, trying to win normally. That is the exact opposite of griefing.

It looks like you're confusing PvP with Griefing.

The word I was looking for was "Greifer" because to be a "Pker" it implies that you have some amount of skill. Spawn camping noobs and people with no cover or vehicle with your full arsenal of weapons, a few of your friends, and vehicles isn't Pking.

There is a huge difference with not being able to escape because you suck at PvP and not having the opportunity to get away. If you have no cover, or are extremely out gunned you can't escape no matter how good you are. Killing someone 10-20 times off of their spawn point with sticky bombs and running them over because they are forced to spawn in an area where there is no cover is greifing.

Having a competitive gun fight is PvP, which I do quite frequently. I also have no interest in killing the same person 10+ times in a row because they have no opportunity to get away. That isn't challenging, or fun for me or them. It only causes them greif. See the difference?

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:18 AM

There is also a difference with not being able to escape because you suck at PvP and not having the opportunity to get away because someone bombed your personal vehicle and them and there friend keep killing you because they have a car and you have no cover.

It looks like you're confusing PvP with Griefing. Killing someone 10-20 off of their spawn point with sticky bombs and running them over because they are forced to spawn in an area where there is no cover is greifing. If you have no cover, or are extremely out gunned you can't escape no matter how good you are.

Having a competitive gun fight is PvP, which I do quite frequently. I also have no interest in killing the same person 10+ times in a row because they have no opportunity to get away. That isn't challenging, or fun for me or them. It only causes them greif. See the difference.

Passive mode is free. You can opt in at the death screen.

Spawn camping complaints dont hold any weight anymore.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Passive mode is a joke. It doesn't work.

You say spawn camping complaints don't hold any water, but you have not been able to provide a single good reason as to how spawn camping isn't a problem.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:27 AM Edited by SetOnFire, 13 December 2013 - 03:31 AM.

You say spawn camping complaints don't hold any water, but you have not been able to provide a single good reason as to how spawn camping isn't a problem.
Passive mode isnt a joke. It does work.

Only way players can kill you is by car or firetruck splashing. Doubt they managed to get either within the 5 seconds it took for you to respawn and then took it where you just happened to spawn.

Ive been camped dozens of time and rarely have i ever seen both being combined to prevent my escape. I actually got tag teamed against 2 guys once, one in a tank and the other in the firetruck. Was funny. The firetruck got me once but then i git in and blew it up, ran away after death and went passive again. Just try to be creative a bit.

Or just go passive and climb whatever you can. Fixed.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 13 December 2013 - 03:33 AM.

Passive mode isnt a joke. It does work.

Only way players can kill you is by car or firetruck splashing. Doubt they managed to get either within the 5 seconds it took for you to respawn and then took it where you just happened to spawn.

Ive been camped dozens of time and rarely have i ever seen both being combined to prevent my escape.

Just go passive and climb whatever you can. Fixed.

In passive you can be run over and killed with bombs, so I don't see how it works.

Players shouldn't be forced to quit a session because someone finds enjoyment in trying to make their gaming experience as miserable as possible.

All Rockstar has to do is increase the spawning distance and the problem will be solved. It's not a big deal kid. No one is asking for immunity from PvP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users