Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bring HARD ROCK and HEAVY METAL stations back!

176 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

Mmh. Looks like you think pretty highly of yourself, no? You're just that snarky badass with no filter everybody loves to be around and aren't just saying that to save face, I'm certain. In the end I guess it doesn't matter, there are plenty of delusional, self centered assholes on this planet, now I just know one more. ;)

Winking smiley face after an insult is as bad as 'u mad bro'.

You know what, I'll go ahead and be the first one to say it: any hard rock/metal past the 90's sucks. And even then there's only a handful of good songs from the 90's.

Absolute nonsense. There's just no good 'major' bands around at the moment. I go to metal gigs, I've seen some of the most impressive and powerful music that's out there in the last 2 years and it's a crying shame these bands aren't getting major label attention. 

But then, they'd just be turned into the major label sh*t that people are aware of anyway, and that would be such a waste. 

Go to pubs/bars and listen to local metal bands. They're innovating while the big names are stagnating. Metal has a bright future, brighter than ever. 

• B Dawg, Shenmue18 and Drunken Cowboy like this

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

So not only are you a delusional metal snob, you're a hipster too. Good to know.~

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

So not only are you a delusional metal snob, you're a hipster too. Good to know.~

Cute! 

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:56 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 25 April 2014 - 05:22 PM.

You know what, I'll go ahead and be the first one to say it: any hard rock/metal past the 90's sucks. And even then there's only a handful of good songs from the 90's.

Thank god I can be assured that if Rockstar goes down the hard rock route we'll probably only ever see late 60's-80's. I don't even understand what over came them to make L.C.H.C in TLAD a death metal station, when the original version wasn't overly bad. This entire contemporary metal subculture is just as bad as swagfags.

You do realize there are metal bands that have come out in the 2000's that aren't Asking Alexandria-Esque screamo music? To completely say that all of one or two decades of a genre is bad is f*cking idiotic. I personally hate quite a large majority of mainstream 70's music. But I recognize that while there's a lot of bands who were in the mainstream at that time I hated, there were still a few that were good, especially the more underground and less pop-ish type stuff. What's also really annoying about this post, is that you almost act as if it's a fact that post 90's music sucks, which is incredibly ignorant and obnoxious.

Fuzzknuckles put it best, a lot of "mainstream" metal has fallen in quality, but there's still good sh*t out there, and if you deny that you're a fool.

Blastoise1994
  • Blastoise1994

Not your scooter brother

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Cute! 

You know it sweetheart.~<3

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:55 PM Edited by Agni, 25 April 2014 - 05:57 PM.

This thread is why I hate metal fans. Easily the most obnoxious and snobby music fanbase of them all. You guys hate everything and scream about what is "real metal" all the time instead of actually listening to music like it really matters what genre a song is. sh*t, I just listen to anything that sounds good. I don't care what genre,

I listen to both it and rap and honestly both selections in V are not very good, the soundtrack is simply not that good as a whole.

• Cutter De Blanc and Blastoise1994 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:59 PM Edited by B Dawg, 25 April 2014 - 06:01 PM.

I don't even understand what over came them to make L.C.H.C in TLAD a death metal station, when the original version wasn't overly bad. This entire contemporary metal subculture is just as bad as swagfags.

LCHC in both IV and TLAD is super good, they were both aggressive and hard as f*ck. It only seemed natural to move from Hardcore Punk and Crossover Thrash to Death, Thrash, Black and Extreme Metal. If you like one, you gotta like the other. I'm not good with music history but didn't metal come from punk?

Don't you dare compare the metal culture with pop/rap swagfags.

Go to pubs/bars and listen to local metal bands. They're innovating while the big names are stagnating. Metal has a bright future, brighter than ever. 

If only there was a metal scene in my country. I'M STUCK LIVING WITH A BUNCH OF POP/FOLK/COUNTRY sh*t LOVERS! THE MUSIC HERE IS REALLY BAD! Screw Bosnian music, I was born in the wrong country. On top of that, I'm too lazy to look all over youtube for good modern metal bands all the time, so mostly stick with the old stuff and listen to a little of the new stuff I look up and find.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Thank god I can be assured that if Rockstar goes down the hard rock route we'll probably only ever see late 60's-80's. I don't even understand what over came them to make L.C.H.C in TLAD a death metal station, when the original version wasn't overly bad. This entire contemporary metal subculture is just as bad as swagfags.

Foo Fighters?!! 

• B Dawg likes this

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by WasHanin, 25 April 2014 - 08:39 PM.

You guys are making the whole rock genre look stupid..
Can rock fans congregate in one area without killing each other in the name of their favorite band and/or sub-genre of rock?
I don't think I've seen anything like it lol.

Can't we just all agree that R* should have done better in the rock music department?
And maybe share our different tastes in rock without acting like juveniles?

This hasn't happened to rap music since the 90s east/west coast disputes...
And this definitely wouldn't happen with country fans or fans of any other genre in my opinion.

And me personally I probally will not ever listen to any rock song while paying great attention to it, or "jamming out" to it, but it would be nice to have some "flashback quality" songs, and some real rock to more apprppriately match the sitiation/mood.

Not some barely audible songs that sound like they were recorded by some random punk teen in 3mins inside a port-o-potti beside a skatepark.
Garb.

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Welcome to music discussion in general.

FOr many people, their personal worth as human beings all depends on what they listen to.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 25 April 2014 - 09:04 PM.

I don't even know why people who dislike metal are even replying.

I just want something I personally like to listen to added to a game that has covered music bases for most different music fans. Metalheads can be picky our elitist but that comes with our unprecedented passion for the music and fandom.
Custom tracks is the dream but I doubt C* will add it.

And I actually agree that metal heads can be pretty elitist. I'm just suggesting good, classic metal that most hard-rockers favorite. I liked a couple death metal tracks on LCHC in TLaD but as just a general post I'm saying we need some actual hard rock. Whether or not you think we need metal, thrash, progressive, avant-gard, black, death, doom, sludge, shock-rock, industrial, melodic death, Norwegian black, or German melodic avant-gard speed metal is open to suggestion.
  • Blastoise1994 likes this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

Nobody wants to hear some idiot with mommy problems scream at the top of his lungs then call it music.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Nobody wants to hear some idiot with mommy problems scream at the top of his lungs then call it music.

Nobody wants to hear pop/rap sh*t artists sing about getting drunk, getting high, popularity or whatever bullsh*t with very sh*tty music in the background.

I say:

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:29 PM Edited by WasHanin, 25 April 2014 - 09:47 PM.

The only people on here disrespecting the rock genre are all under the age of 18.
If they were mature, they wouldn't
be flaming/trolling this thread.
If you don't like rock, or are content with the rock on the game, move on and dont waste your time here.

And this is coming from someone that only listens to rap, but on gta, I enjoy various genres. Any station gets old after a while.

And yes I do agree that a lot of metal music sounds like a lot of "screaming" and is way over my head to try and listen to the lyrics, but I certainly would welcome some songs like that in gta.. in fact I am dissapointed..
And the screaming don't bother me.. I like the adrenaline rush feeling those songs create.
Needed in gtaV.
  • B Dawg likes this

StalinBballin
  • StalinBballin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:16 PM Edited by StalinBballin, 25 April 2014 - 10:17 PM.

Oh yeah, and I generalized Black Flag as obscure English punk because I can't understand a word he's saying during the whole thing...

You seriously can't understand the words, "My War. You're one of them. You say that you're my friend but you're one of them."?

Channel X is amazing.
Not as good as LCHC in Vanilla IV
But it's still really amazing and a dream come true.

• Nipperkins likes this

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:43 PM Edited by WasHanin, 26 April 2014 - 04:28 AM.

Channel X is "amazing"? Wow. Then it looks like you are not needed on this thread, and you are wasting your time.

"Dream come true"?
*commits suicide*

(That guy MUST be a troll.)

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Oh yeah, and I generalized Black Flag as obscure English punk because I can't understand a word he's saying during the whole thing...

You seriously can't understand the words, "My War. You're one of them. You say that you're my friend but you're one of them."?

You missed the best part of that totally awesome song.

"THEEEM!!111 THEEEHUGHM!!11 THEMTHEMETHEMTHETMTHEM!! THEGGHHHMMMMEMMMM!!1111"

• WasHanin likes this

StalinBballin
  • StalinBballin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

OP will never understand why Black Flag is such an important band to have happened to the music scene.

Willing to bet that out of all the metal he likes, 80% of all the band members would say Black Flag was an influence. Also wiling to bet that Henry Rollins would cave your face in if given the chance... I know I would.

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:03 AM Edited by WasHanin, 26 April 2014 - 04:25 AM.

I know that trevor phillips wouldn't be caught dead listening to radio x, but still is his default station? Wtf

EdIt 1: Black flag aside... its not about particulars.

Edit 2: look at the 4 (FOUR) Rock stations in the game:

Radio X
Los santos rock radio
Vinewood boulevard radio
Radio mirror park

All of these suck for the most part.
They do a horrible job of appealing to any kind of mainstrean or hardcore rock audience, or people who don't prefer rock in particular.

You havel to shovel through so much bullsh*t just to maybe get lucky and find one song that doesn't make your eardrums plead for mercy. In my opinion.

Major major room for improvement in this area of the game, (as an understatement).

I know I must not be alone here, forgive me if I'm wrong.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:54 AM Edited by Nipperkins, 26 April 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Wait, the OP classified Black Flag as "obscure English punk"? What a f*cking moron.

Luismy_MMD
  • Luismy_MMD

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

I hope there was some kind of metal radio like the one that Sleeping Dogs had, (I loved it because it was 100% Roadrunner Records bands and I love many of them :) )

But I'd love to get some variety, not all new or all old. Black Label Society, Motorhead, Pantera mixed with nowadays music such as Gojira, Machine Head.. etc, would be nice (Even tho those are pretty "normal" bands, I know bands like Whitechapel or Black Tongue won't ever make it to a videogame haha)

RodneysLeftNut
  • RodneysLeftNut

OG LOC IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

post-6333-0-51011600-1397318456.gif

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:42 AM Edited by Alanbeales1, 28 April 2014 - 10:50 AM.

a few exsamples to what I listen to

Danger Line

Means War

http://youtu.be/6QMzDWUGctk :blink: Dunno what it's called,but I like it

http://youtu.be/u8-mNH-F3Hw You're Going Down

Enjoy :lol:

thesmileys
  • thesmileys

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Channel X didn't suck. It's 70's-80's west coast punk rock for God's sake

• Niko Vercetti 112 likes this

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

AC/DC Black Sabbeth Guns & Roses Motley Cruw.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

AC/DC Black Sabbeth Guns & Roses Motley Cruw.

I'll take Black Sabbath and Motley Crew. But I think AC/DC and Guns'n'Roses are best left far away from this game.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

What's with the hate on Jamaican music, OP?

Sure, I'd like some proper metal and better classic rock. I'd also like more country music and for Bootsy's station to be expanded (like they were in EFLC). I personally don't rate V's ST very high. Sure, VC and SA are the best by a long way, but IV's was quite good. V's is .... nothing special. Some epic tracks but some sh*t ones. East Los FM is a fail imo. beep beep f*cking beep - I remember visiting a restaurant that played constant Portuguese music and i liked hearing that (IRL), i liked San Jaun in BOGT, but V's equivalent? I cringe. I hope Lazlow refinds his fame and success as i found him funnier in III and VC when he was sucessful than his rock bottom in IV...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users