Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bring HARD ROCK and HEAVY METAL stations back!

176 replies to this topic
Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

What was the point of this thread? Rockstar isn't going to add anymore radio stations and they certainly don't read these forums.

- They added radio stations in GTA IV DLC.

- If it actually seems like there's a sizable crowd demanding it, then they hopeully would get the message.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 06 October 2013 - 09:27 PM.

I also never said punk was bad, and it DID have quite the signifigant influence on more thrashy metal bands.

(I'm not the one posting "metal sux no1 lissins 2 it so its bad" pointless dick replies.)

I just PERSONALLY dislike punk, like a lot of people. Unlike a lot of people; however, I can't just switch to a rap station if I don't like punk, my genre which is less niche than something like Regge was neglected.

AND SORRY FOR GENERALIZING CHANNEL X. I DON'T WORSHIP BLACK FLAG, SUCK MY COCK

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

Sooo Miss the option to add your custom tracks to the radiostations in GTA.

(goes back to Vice City on PC - puts entire Scarface soundtrack into mp3 folder, goes freeroam batsh*t) - ftw

Loggins has some tunes (old tunes) but definitely tunes

I'm not a huge fan of hip-hop, but there are some good tracks on West Coast Classics

I'm no country fan, but thank feck there's a Johnny Cash track on there

I got soul but I ain't a soul fan, still liking some of the tunes on the Low Down

We all have our tastes, I'm missing Liberty City Rock Radio (1979, Wanna Be Your Dog & Dominion in particular) in V

There is some undeniably good music in V, granted its a mixed bag, but the intro to Radio Gaga is still the bomb when the sun rises

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

It's not that you're :generalizing" Channel X. It's that you got Channel X completely wrong. If you're going to be a music critic, it's good to have at least some idea of what you're talking about before you open your mouth, cowboy.

By saying that a radio station which consists entirely of modestly well-known California punk and hardcore bands, is a station for "obscure English punk", right away that tells us you're musically uninformed. And why should any of us care about your uninformed opinions? I mean, look, you don't have to like punk. That's your right, as an AMERICAN. But obviously, you don't know sh*t about punk, so how can you sit there and tell us you dislike something you know nothing about?

It's like when you were a little kid,right? And your moms was all up in your grill, trying to get you to eat broccolli. Or, no, better yet, that time your neighbor down the street told you to suck his cock. At first you were all like, ew, I don't like THAT, I'm sure that'll taste gross! But then you actually tried it, and turned out, you f*cking LOVED cock! Om nom nom. So why not be a big boy and give Channel X a shot? If you still hate it, you still hate it, but at least you've tried.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

It's not that you're :generalizing" Channel X. It's that you got Channel X completely wrong. If you're going to be a music critic, it's good to have at least some idea of what you're talking about before you open your mouth, cowboy.

By saying that a radio station which consists entirely of modestly well-known California punk and hardcore bands, is a station for "obscure English punk", right away that tells us you're musically uninformed. And why should any of us care about your uninformed opinions? I mean, look, you don't have to like punk. That's your right, as an AMERICAN. But obviously, you don't know sh*t about punk, so how can you sit there and tell us you dislike something you know nothing about?

It's like when you were a little kid,right? And your moms was all up in your grill, trying to get you to eat broccolli. Or, no, better yet, that time your neighbor down the street told you to suck his cock. At first you were all like, ew, I don't like THAT, I'm sure that'll taste gross! But then you actually tried it, and turned out, you f*cking LOVED cock! Om nom nom. So why not be a big boy and give Channel X a shot? If you still hate it, you still hate it, but at least you've tried.

Whoa, man, let's not get mad.

Every time I turned on X, I've heard that f*cking awful "Amoeba" song, or that Suicidal Tendencies thing with the indistinguishable vocal origin. 
You can't call me musically uninformed if I don't like what I hear, man. Even if you personally like punk, it doesn't make it God's gift to the world. 

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

Whoa, man, let's not get mad.

Every time I turned on X, I've heard that f*cking awful "Amoeba" song, or that Suicidal Tendencies thing with the indistinguishable vocal origin. 
You can't call me musically uninformed if I don't like what I hear, man. Even if you personally like punk, it doesn't make it God's gift to the world. 

Nobody's mad at you, brother-brother. Dissapointed, sure, maybe even a little sad; but don't worry, we're not mad at you.

But I can most certainly call you musically uninformed. It's an empirically proven fact, as evidenced by your belief that Black Flag et al were obscure English bands. Whether you like what you hear or not has nothing to do with being informed - all it means is that you're opinionated. Opinionated, and uninformed.

Now, taken one or the other, neither of these two traits makes you an inherently "bad" person. You can get by being opinionated, and you can get by being uninformed. Trouble arises when you pair the two traits together - they're a lethal combination, toots! I'm not trying to be mean here. As your friend, I'm just saying that you should consider either educating yourself, or having fewer opinions. Because the way you're going now, it clearly ain't working out too well.

P.S. You name me one metal song better than "Amoeba".

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:34 AM Edited by dodeca, 08 October 2013 - 08:22 AM.

I like amoeba. But.....

Im sure Ive missed the really good ones.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

I cum blooooooood! F*ck Rap!

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

A real Hard Rock (modern or classic) station is missing + they should add a real good vocal House radio station with lots of songs from European DJs from 2005 onwards. sigh

Ahinora
  • Ahinora

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

I would love that. I really miss some metal and hard rock!

Bella Mafia
  • Bella Mafia

ΘΘ Boobs

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

You guys are really mindf*cking me.

You complain about their not being any metal songs.

And demand more disco and house songs?

lol.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hard rock, yes please. And while they're at it they should delete "I Can't Wait" from the LS Rock station. Wow I hate that track. Also another country station with normal country like in SA.

• Hx1349 likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

No, please not. I hated when IV threw those horrible "songs" at me when i entered certain vehicles..

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

A real Hard Rock (modern or classic) station is missing + they should add a real good vocal House radio station with lots of songs from European DJs from 2005 onwards. sigh

I dunno about house but I definitely miss the The Journey, Self Actualixzation FM, and ElectroChoc from GTA4

You guys are really mindf*cking me.

You complain about their not being any metal songs.

And demand more disco and house songs?

hey why not? I dare you to say you didnt like fever105 in VC. Not exactly disco but close enough.

No, please not. I hated when IV threw those horrible "songs" at me when i entered certain vehicles..

I can see where youre coming from if you say LCHC in TLAD was horrible but gta 4 had a good selection if you gave it a chance.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

I like amoeba. But.....

Im sure Ive missed the really good ones.

Asked for "metal song". Posts Metallica.

Yeesh.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:26 AM

Yeesh.

Posted metal songS. Listens (did you even?) to 1 pre-sellout metallica song and posts generalizing comment. you sir are the epitome of musical literacy.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:25 PM Edited by Kifflom, 09 October 2013 - 12:26 PM.

Yeesh.

Posted metal songS. Listens (did you even?) to 1 pre-sellout metallica song and posts generalizing comment. you sir are the epitome of musical literacy.

You posted like three Metallica songs, AND a SoaD song. For Kraff's sake, that hippie gibberish at the end was more metal than SoaD. Oh yeah, and that In Fames song you posted was post-sellout, too. (seriously? Nu-metal era In Flames?! You're joking, right?)

Also, none of those songs are better than Amoeba. But don't let that discourage you, feel free to try again!

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

I expected atleast one song from Boston on Los Santos Rock Radio and instead its Chicago ._.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:03 PM Edited by dodeca, 09 October 2013 - 07:15 PM.

You posted like three Metallica songs,

out of 15, wow that makes up the majority right? And its 2. One from their second album (brilliant stuff) and the other a cover of a classic motorhead song.

AND a SoaD song. For Kraff's sake, that hippie gibberish at the end was more metal than SoaD.

Hippie gibberish eh? nice to know you respect the music of other cultures. I put those "milestones" in there to see if youd even make it to 10 songs. Happy you atleast clicked on the links. SoaD is metal enough. Id listen to the music first before I put down the band.

Oh yeah, and that In Fames song you posted was post-sellout, too. (seriously? Nu-metal era In Flames?! You're joking, right?)

Was I the one that said sellout metal isnt metal? I put in stuff from a few different subgenres justto see what would spark your interest.

Also, none of those songs are better than Amoeba. But don't let that discourage you, feel free to try again!

Not my fault you cant set either your ego or your ameoba fixation aside. That first motorhead song kicks all kinds of ass.

But just because you dislike metallica so much:

A

B

C

D

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

You posted like three Metallica songs,

out of 15, wow that makes up the majority right? And its 2. One from their second album (brilliant stuff) and the other a cover of a classic motorhead song.

AND a SoaD song. For Kraff's sake, that hippie gibberish at the end was more metal than SoaD.

Hippie gibberish eh? nice to know you respect the music of other cultures. I put those "milestones" in there to see if youd even make it to 10 songs. Happy you atleast clicked on the links. SoaD is metal enough. Id listen to the music first before I put down the band.

Oh yeah, and that In Fames song you posted was post-sellout, too. (seriously? Nu-metal era In Flames?! You're joking, right?)

Was I the one that said sellout metal isnt metal? I put in stuff from a few different subgenres justto see what would spark your interest.

Not my fault you cant set either your ego or your ameoba fixation aside. That first motorhead song kicks all kinds of ass.

But just because you dislike metallica so much:

A

B

C

D

HAHAHAHAHAHA

AND THEN YOU POST SELL-OUT ERA THERION, TOO! Nigga, you one funny ass motherf*cker, fo'real. Your offerings are just too perfect in their awfulitude; they've got to be, like, some elaborate troll on your part. Watch, next you're gonna post Blaze-era Iron Maiden, or Marty Friedman's short-lived Red Dye #2.

ohgodmysideshurthelpicantbreathe

Keep going. You still ain't got sh*t on Amoeba (we are scientists in our laaaaabbbb, SING IT WITH ME, MOTHERFATHER), but you might be able to find something on par with Suicidal Tendencies... if you try hard enough.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Before anyone says "Radio X", it's just weird, obscure, (and in my opinion, bad) English punk.

stopped reading there.. 

• IveGotNoValues likes this

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:56 AM Edited by dodeca, 10 October 2013 - 06:44 AM.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

AND THEN YOU POST SELL-OUT ERA THERION, TOO! Nigga, you one funny ass motherf*cker, fo'real. Your offerings are just too perfect in their awfulitude; they've got to be, like, some elaborate troll on your part. Watch, next you're gonna post Blaze-era Iron Maiden, or Marty Friedman's short-lived Red Dye #2.

1> Did i say sellout metal isnt metal? Get ur sh*t straight yo.

2> Thats a cover of classic metallica thrash metal foo'. Sellout\nonselloutness got nothin to do here.

Keep going. You still ain't got sh*t on Amoeba (we are scientists in our laaaaabbbb, SING IT WITH ME, MOTHERFATHER), but you might be able to find something on par with Suicidal Tendencies... if you try hard enough.

Whats the point? That first song kicked amoeba ass with size 20 boots. The second smashed 2 rhythm guitars and a bass guitar on it. The third forcefed it antibiotics. The fourth did the same thing, only with the phallic end of a guitar.......heck even the tenth song took a swipe and actually hit it. And the encore guitar-riffed it out into orbit. You can keep on singing "Tony Haaaaawk, Tony Haaaaaaawwwk" till youre sick of it, that dont change how it got stampeded on.

Now look, nobody's mad at you, brother-from-another-mother. Dissapointed, fo sho, maybe even a little sad; but don't worry, we're not mad at you.

But I can most certainly call you musically uninformed. It's an empirically proven fact, as evidenced by your belief that Metallica isnt metal, how you think Motorhead is Metallica, how you think a cover of an oldschool song is sellout, how you pass judgment without listening to the songs, so on and so forth.....Whether you like what you hear or not has nothing to do with being informed - all it means is that you're opinionated. Opinionated, and uninformed.

Now, taken one or the other, neither of these two traits makes you an inherently "bad" person. You can get by being opinionated, and you can get by being uninformed. Trouble arises when you pair the two traits together - they're a lethal combination, puss-in-boots! I'm not trying to be mean here, just showing you the irony you perpetrated. As your friendly neighbourhood metalhead, I'm just saying that you should consider either educating yourself, or having fewer opinions. Because the way you're going now, you might end up with a air guitar up ur a$$.

PS: Dont call me nigga or motherf*cker. You dont want me rampage on your punk ass with a grenade launcher.

Mordax87
  • Mordax87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

Agree!

Also some modern hard rock/alternative metal would be great. I'm thinking Shinedown, Alter Bridge etc. 

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Agree!

Also some modern hard rock/alternative metal would be great. I'm thinking Shinedown, Alter Bridge etc. 

Linkin Park,Papa Roach?

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

i need iron maiden  https://www.google.c....53760139,d.bGE

littlepanda
  • littlepanda

LITTLE TSUNAMI PANDA

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

WE WANT OUR HARD ROCK AND HEAVY METAL RADIO BACK!

no

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Los Santos Rock Radio is great, but they seem to switch between hard rock and soft/pop rock too much. The only truly metal song is Def Leppard's "Photograph".

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Holy sh*t it's not Radio X people, it's Channel X. The prior was the alternative station in SA and arguably the best station in any GTA game.

And they're not adding anymore stations, so don't bother keeping your hopes up. The radio is varied and has a lot of good tracks, you just gotta find them. I do with they had a more alternative radio station than Mirror Park, I liked Radio Broker more because the other one jumps around from alternative to techno-trance like stuff too much. A classic alternative would have been nice, I really miss Radio X.
  • JRC99 likes this

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:30 PM Edited by Kifflom, 10 October 2013 - 08:51 PM.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

1> Did i say sellout metal isnt metal? Get ur sh*t straight yo.

2> Thats a cover of classic metallica thrash metal foo'. Sellout\nonselloutness got nothin to do here.

Whats the point? That first song kicked amoeba ass with size 20 boots. The second smashed 2 rhythm guitars and a bass guitar on it. The third forcefed it antibiotics. The fourth did the same thing, only with the phallic end of a guitar.......heck even the tenth song took a swipe and actually hit it. And the encore guitar-riffed it out into orbit. You can keep on singing "Tony Haaaaawk, Tony Haaaaaaawwwk" till youre sick of it, that dont change how it got stampeded on.

Now look, nobody's mad at you, brother-from-another-mother. Dissapointed, fo sho, maybe even a little sad; but don't worry, we're not mad at you.

But I can most certainly call you musically uninformed. It's an empirically proven fact, as evidenced by your belief that Metallica isnt metal, how you think Motorhead is Metallica, how you think a cover of an oldschool song is sellout, how you pass judgment without listening to the songs, so on and so forth.....Whether you like what you hear or not has nothing to do with being informed - all it means is that you're opinionated. Opinionated, and uninformed.

Now, taken one or the other, neither of these two traits makes you an inherently "bad" person. You can get by being opinionated, and you can get by being uninformed. Trouble arises when you pair the two traits together - they're a lethal combination, puss-in-boots! I'm not trying to be mean here, just showing you the irony you perpetrated. As your friendly neighbourhood metalhead, I'm just saying that you should consider either educating yourself, or having fewer opinions. Because the way you're going now, you might end up with a air guitar up ur a$$.

PS: Dont call me nigga or motherf*cker. You dont want me rampage on your punk ass with a grenade launcher.

Nigga, please. Everybody knows Metallica isn't metal; that's Metal 101. If you need me to explain why this is the case, then wow, you're even less informed than I thought. Nor did I ever say Therion sold out because they were covering an oldschool Metallica song. (Kifflom Tip o' the Day: reading comprehension is a valuable skill!) Therion sold out when their lineup changed and they altered their sound to make it more mainstream i.e. more generic sh*t metal - which, in case you missed it, occurred at around the same time they released that cover! 2008 was a dark, dark year for Therion, and if you knew anything about the band, you'd have had the good sense to not post it. Instead, you would have posted a cover like "Summernight City", or something off of Theli, or, if you were REALLY hardcore and kvlt, something from their early Gothenberg-death era. The fact that you picked a lame-ass Metallica cover from the low-point of their career (when, let's be honest, they should have f*cking  broken up) suggests to me that either:

A. You don't know who Therion are; you simply Googled up something like "Metallica metal covers" and went with the first thing you thought looked good, or

B. You do know who Therion are, you've just got really, really bad taste.

I'm going to guess it's A - you obviously love my posts (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!) so you can't be a total philistine. Game recognize game.

Furthermore, you failed to post Apocalyptica, which is required Metallica-cover posting as per metalhead regulatory laws established in the Third Council of Wacken. Nor did you post Megadeth's "The Mechanix", which would have earned you immense points for being super-metatextual and would have led me to take back everything I said so far. I mean COME ON, brah, I don't even like metal, and even I can do a better job at this sh*t than you.

Do you want to switch sides? Do you want me to try and find a metal song almost as crunk as Amoeba, or do you think you can stop jerking around and actually post something good for a change?

-edit- Actually, you know what? I take it back. You like Motorhead, so you may well be a total philistine.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Nigga, please. Everybody knows Metallica isn't metal; that's Metal 101. If you need me to explain why this is the case, then wow, you're even less informed than I thought.

Oh no, Id like to hear this from you very much. Please generalize how metallica isnt metal and have the first 4 albums, part of the black album, and all the fans rain pi$$ on you. B!tch please...

Nor did I ever say Therion sold out because they were covering an oldschool Metallica song. (Kifflom Tip o' the Day: reading comprehension is a valuable skill!)

Did I say you said that? Reading comprehension right back a you fool.

Therion sold out when their lineup changed and they altered their sound to make it more mainstream i.e. more generic sh*t metal - which, in case you missed it, occurred at around the same time they released that cover! 2008 was a dark, dark year for Therion, and if you knew anything about the band, you'd have had the good sense to not post it.

Really? I didnt know that at all! Thank you for enlightening me with your opinions......but that is in no way relevant to me posting a kickass cover of a kickass song Therion released waaaaaaaay before ( in 2002) the band integrity came on the rocks. Me have good sense NOT to post it? Why? Does Therion get upset about how awesomely they covered that song or that you think they covered a supremely badass metallica song during their difficult times?

Instead, you would have posted a cover like "Summernight City", or something off of Theli, or, if you were REALLY hardcore and kvlt, something from their early Gothenberg-death era. The fact that you picked a lame-ass Metallica cover from the low-point of their career.......

How silly of me, I should have posted a metal cover of ABBA when my intention was to post a badass cover to early metallica. Would you also like me to post children of bodom covering britney spears? Heck, I wanted to post Knorkator covering Ace of Base in my original post but I thought it would be lost on your punk worshipping self.

......(when, let's be honest, they should have f*cking  broken up) suggests to me that either

A. You don't know who Therion are; you simply Googled up something like "Metallica metal covers" and went with the first thing you thought looked good, or

B. You do know who Therion are, you've just got really, really bad taste.

I'm going to guess it's A - you obviously love my posts (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!) so you can't be a total philistine. Game recognize game.

I pick B, with the modification that I have really good taste. *That is the right answer! You just won a million \m/ !!*

Imitation is a wonderful form of mockery, madam, in case the voices in your head said that I was turned on by you.

Furthermore, you failed to post Apocalyptica, which is required Metallica-cover posting as per metalhead regulatory laws established in the Third Council of Wacken.

I, as an independant, authority despising, anti-establishment individual and true metalhead, do not recognize any regulatory laws for song posting. That sh*t is for the sheepz who need to be told what to listen to and purist poseurs.

Nor did you post Megadeth's "The Mechanix", which would have earned you immense points for being super-metatextual and would have led me to take back everything I said so far. I mean COME ON, brah, I don't even like metal, and even I can do a better job at this sh*t than you.

You dont like metal => you dont like megadeth or mechanix....but me posting mechanix would have earned brownie points from you? Heres some advice: Noprizes are special, they are to be treasured both by the giver and taker. Dont give out noprizes for things you dont like. It loses its value and our culture starts to fall apart.

You could have just said you dont have an open mind for metal in the first place, instead of coming out of the closet now. There were more worthwhile walls that I could have spoken to.

Do you want to switch sides? Do you want me to try and find a metal song almost as crunk as Amoeba, or do you think you can stop jerking around and actually post something good for a change?

You dont like metal. But you want to post metal? Trololololol......Tell u what....name one punk song thats better than "Ace of Spades". What I'll do is: when you post some songs, I'll not listen to them, I'll look up the band on the internet instead, add some salt from my crotch, make generalizing and irrelevant comments on them, and declare that its all dust beneath motorhead boots.  I'll also say that I dont like punk just for kicks after you've made a 100 posts to please me. You game?

-edit- Actually, you know what? I take it back. You like Motorhead, so you may well be a total philistine.

Actully, u no wat? I think ur talking out of ur a$$ and u btr take ur sh!t back. Its stinking up this thread.

Thank you for your time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users