Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bring HARD ROCK and HEAVY METAL stations back!

176 replies to this topic
PumpuliKivi
  • PumpuliKivi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Yesss. Atm i only listen to Los Santos Rock Radio. It has some cool tunes but not enough.

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

The music can be summed up best by Queen -

'All we hear is Radio GaGa' - couldn't have put it better myself ! 

Ozzy is God !

Enteum
  • Enteum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'd also like a custom station to play your music stored on the console. Like the older games used to do.

That is a great idea!!

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

I know you can upload custom music to XBOX, but it'd be nice if there was a blank user-track station like in San Andreas.

v4skunk84
  • v4skunk84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:26 AM Edited by v4skunk84, 06 October 2013 - 12:31 AM.

Before anyone says "Radio X", it's just weird, obscure, (and in my opinion, bad) English punk.
Other than that, what choices in radio we got? Three rap stations? Pop? Electronic? Jamaican? (Seriously, Jamaican?) Soft, classic rock?

Second to rap (unfortunately), I'd say the music genre with biggest youth demographic and most devoted fans is hard rock and heavy metal.

From what I thought, there was a huge support if V-Rock when VC came out, as well as the Lost and Damned's addition to Liberty Rock Radio.

I'm also talking real, wholesome, classic metal, (not like LCHC)
Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, KISS, Dio, Slayer, Mötley Crüe, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Judas Priest...

WE WANT OUR HARD ROCK AND HEAVY METAL RADIO BACK!

I live in England i don't know any one except 1or2 people in their 40s and 50s who listen to this heavy metal sh*t. I'm 28 years old.

They should have more 80s pop music if any thing else due to how popular it is to all age groups.

• Blastoise1994 likes this

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

Before anyone says "Radio X", it's just weird, obscure, (and in my opinion, bad) English punk.

Uhh, hate to break it to you, bro, but virtually everything on that station is West Coast punk and hardcore. I don't think there are's ANY English punk on Channel X. Like, not even a single track. And you're calling Black Flag "obscure"? Really? Black Flag? Kifflom H Kraff, kids today, I tell ya.

Anyway, Rockstar's not going to pony up the cash to get Ozzy or Slayer licenced, not when the game's already been released. A better idea would be to beg Rockstar to include a custom radio station, so we could play tracks straight from our on-console library. That way, you could ruin your own game with KISS or whatever.

• IveGotNoValues likes this

ClydeFr0g
  • ClydeFr0g

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

You guys who dont like metal why are you even reading this thread?
We dont care how much you love Justin Beiber, go start your own thread about him instead.
Or are you just jelly because we are listening to a real mans music?
  • lincolnimp and Drunken Cowboy like this

mikeruscoe
  • mikeruscoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'm pretty sure Radio X is Californian punk and then some... Ie, descendants, black flag, OFF! etc

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

We dont care how much you love Justin Beiber, go start your own thread about him instead.

Yes. Seriously.
If we're going to turn this into a pointless genre war thread, shouldn't we bring up the fact that punk has the worst, least creative and most juvinile lyrics? Or that most punk guitarists can't break away from playing the same three chords over and over?

Up the irons \m/ Metal superiority.

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Other than that, what choices in radio we got? Three rap stations? Pop? Electronic? Jamaican? (Seriously, Jamaican?) Soft, classic rock?

Second to rap (unfortunately), I'd say the music genre with biggest youth demographic and most devoted fans is hard rock and heavy metal.

From what I thought, there was a huge support if V-Rock when VC came out, as well as the Lost and Damned's addition to Liberty Rock Radio.

Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, KISS, Dio, Slayer, Mötley Crüe, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Judas Priest...

I live in England i don't know any one except 1or2 people in their 40s and 50s who listen to this heavy metal sh*t. I'm 28 years old.

They should have more 80s pop music if any thing else due to how popular it is to all age groups.

I also live in England and last month was at a Livewire gig (ACDC tribute band). I would say that 70% of the audience were UNDER 25. You're logic (like your taste in music) is seriously flawed.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Fuuma Kanryo!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Also, where's a good modern rock station?

The closest stations we have for those are Radio Mirror Park and Vinewood Boulevard Radio, and those are just underground/indie stuff. This is the reason why I find myself listening to Non-Stop Pop most of the time.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm pretty sure Radio X is Californian punk and then some... Ie, descendants, black flag, OFF! etc

Exactly. People need to check their sources before they type sometimes. Channel X is a California punk station; the bands featured on it are from LA and the surrounding area, which is why it totally makes sense that Los Santos has an enitre radio station dedicated to them.

Yes. Seriously.
If we're going to turn this into a pointless genre war thread, shouldn't we bring up the fact that punk has the worst, least creative and most juvinile lyrics? Or that most punk guitarists can't break away from playing the same three chords over and over?

OK, two things. One, what's wrong with Justin Bieber? Dude's sold a ton of records and bangs a dozen chicks every night; he's not my bag, but people seem to like him, so he must be doing something right! Two, how do you know what punk lyrics are like, or what punk guitarists can do? You thought Black Flag was obscure English punk. No offense, dawg, but that's just straight up ignorant. You should learn something about the genre before you get so opinionated about it.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

While I do in fact enjoy Los Santos Rock Radio and some of the 80's stuff on Nonstop Pop, I wouldn't mind some 70's and 80's hard metal/rock.
The closest thing is Deff Lepard's Photograph, which seems very out of place with songs like Radio Gaga and Baker Street.
  • Hx1349, Lock N' Stock and JRC99 like this

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by gtafan899, 06 October 2013 - 12:28 PM.

a 90's metal station was cut from the game.

v4skunk84
  • v4skunk84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

I also live in England and last month was at a Livewire gig (ACDC tribute band). I would say that 70% of the audience were UNDER 25. You're logic (like your taste in music) is seriously flawed.

Your logic is seriously flawed thinking that 70% under 25 at a concert = reality. When the FACT is these people would have travelled all across Britain to get there.

You do not even know what music i like because i have not even mentioned it.

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

Your logic is seriously flawed thinking that 70% under 25 at a concert = reality. When the FACT is these people would have travelled all across Britain to get there.

You do not even know what music i like because i have not even mentioned it.

You said 'that heavy metal sh*t' in your post. On this thread that implies you don't like  it - or maybe sh*t means good in your part of good 'ol Blighty. What is your taste ?

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

What was the point of this thread? Rockstar isn't going to add anymore radio stations and they certainly don't read these forums.

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

What was the point of this thread? Rockstar isn't going to add anymore radio stations and they certainly don't read these forums.

Because for us people who like Hard Rock / Metal there is nothing in the game for us to listen to. We may be a minority but surely there are more metal fans playing this than fans of some of the more obscure channels - World Music? - please dude !

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Because for us people who like Hard Rock / Metal there is nothing in the game for us to listen to. We may be a minority but surely there are more metal fans playing this than fans of some of the more obscure channels - World Music? - please dude !

You can kill Lovefist, isn't that enough for you?

And there's nothing stopping you from walking over to your stereo and putting on your Coldplay, or whatever it is you listen to. Me, personally, I've got Walter Wanderley blasting at full volume while I'm cruisin' for blood.

v4skunk84
  • v4skunk84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

You just have to accept the fact heavy rock is one of the least popular music types that not many people listen to.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

You just have to accept the fact heavy rock is one of the least popular music types that not many people listen to.

You also have to accept the fact that most of us GTA players are immersed in hard rock/heavy metal songs that they themselves feature in their previous GTA titles. Hail to the rock music!

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My Name Is Notim Portant

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Ahh come on. How about some good music, but not that mainstream. IV and TLAD did it right (at least for me)

ClydeFr0g
  • ClydeFr0g

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Whats the point of these forums at all?

And what do you base that statement on?

KnuXles
  • KnuXles

I'm the Son of Rage and Love

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

You really have something against punk, don't you?

I was disappointed with the radio choices, but that's what people are like today, I guess..

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

And there's nothing stopping you from walking over to your stereo and putting on your Coldplay, or whatever it is you listen to. Me, personally, I've got Walter Wanderley blasting at full volume while I'm cruisin' for blood.

Are you labouring under the illusion that Coldplay are a hard Rock band ? Please I've heard more metal sounding music in elevators !!  For total killing music I put on Rage Against the Machine, Dead Kennedys, AC/DC, Sabbath or Motorhead. Thats before parousing through my thrash, speed and death metal collection !!!!

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

Are you labouring under the illusion that Coldplay are a hard Rock band ? Please I've heard more metal sounding music in elevators !!  For total killing music I put on Rage Against the Machine, Dead Kennedys, AC/DC, Sabbath or Motorhead. Thats before parousing through my thrash, speed and death metal collection !!!!

If they added those songs where people shout "DEAAAAAAAAAATH" at a microphone for 5 minutes and call it a song, then this game would have been cancelled a long time ago.

Kifflom
  • Kifflom

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Wow, I'd really love to hear about your thrash, speed, and death metal collection. I bet it makes a real powerful statement about who you are and the crazy sh*t you've seen.

But OK, if Coldplay is too hard for you, what about Los Santos Rock Radio? That's got all kinds of weird old heavy metal sh*t, like Queen, Chicago, and Foreigner.

• Cutter De Blanc and Blastoise1994 like this

Syper
  • Syper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Channel X is amazing (Its NOT obscure english punk radio ROFL, take a time to listen to The Descendents, they are really amazing) but I do agree the game lacks a Metal radio BADLY.

Yes. Seriously.

OP you should know that Thrash Metal bands (Megadeth / Slayer etc) were HEAVILY influenced by Punk / Hardcore (and vice versa).

One more thing, punk / harcore is not that same old three chords anymore (since the 90s), alot of bands are REALLY technical nowadays (even more than some metal bands).

Lets hope rockstar can add a Metal Radio by DLC for the metalheads.  :cool:

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

maybe they will add that metal station they cut.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

Fuuma Kanryo!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Ahh come on. How about some good music, but not that mainstream. IV and TLAD did it right (at least for me)

Just because a song is well known doesn't mean it's bad. Sometimes there is actually a REASON why a song is popular.

I know that's hard for some people to believe, but it's true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users