Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bring HARD ROCK and HEAVY METAL stations back!

176 replies to this topic
Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Let's remove those Santa hats, guys...

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Before anyone says "Radio X", it's just weird, obscure, (and in my opinion, bad) English punk.
Other than that, what choices in radio we got? Three rap stations? Pop? Electronic? Jamaican? (Seriously, Jamaican?) Soft, classic rock?

Second to rap (unfortunately), I'd say the music genre with biggest youth demographic and most devoted fans is hard rock and heavy metal.

From what I thought, there was a huge support if V-Rock when VC came out, as well as the Lost and Damned's addition to Liberty Rock Radio.

I'm also talking real, wholesome, classic metal, (not like LCHC)
Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, KISS, Dio, Slayer, Mötley Crüe, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Judas Priest...

WE WANT OUR HARD ROCK AND HEAVY METAL RADIO BACK!
  • lincolnimp, Shenmue18, Hx1349 and 9 others like this

Bloodshok
  • Bloodshok

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Agreed

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

If you're on 360, can't you just play music through the 360 music player? Not sure if PS3 can do that.

If you're on 360, and really want specific music, just add some songs to your 360, make a playlist for them, and turn the playlist on while you're playing gta.

I do agree though, that rock/metal stations are always my favorite, next to the talk radio stations.

• TabooV2 and Eazyy like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Yeah, but it's a process, man. Besides, a DJ is at least a third if the fun. Iggy Pop, even though punk, was a fantastic DJ in IV.

And I totally agree about the talk radio. They should have had two per region instead of just two total. Lazlow deserves his own station.

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

You have to realize, the radio stations reflect LS as a whole, hence the 3 rap stations and electronic station.

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

That Loggins imbecile should be shot along with the 5 year old they got to select the tracks. This is easily the worst soundtrack on any GTA - Sabbath Rule !!!!!!

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

ya, your right!!! im getting tired of changing the damn channel because they arent even speaking/singing english half the time... 

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:27 PM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 04 October 2013 - 11:27 PM.

You have to realize, the radio stations reflect LS as a whole, hence the 3 rap stations and electronic station.

I fail to agree with or even see that logic. 

Why ruin the player's experience for the sake of realism where realism doesn't matter?

• Katterly likes this

DJ_McLovin
  • DJ_McLovin

Twilight is best pony

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

I fail to agree with or even see that logic. 
Why ruin the player's experience for the sake of realism where realism doesn't matter?

Well they did it in IV. Hence why we had a Russian and Jamaican station.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

IN ADDITION to all the good stuff, I'm totally fine with that. 

• Mister Pink likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

Yeah I'm disappointed in this punk sounding sh*t. Couldn't stand IV's LCHC either, but the DLC made it into a good station at least. Anyway I'll just stick with rap and the classic rock station for now. Been digging Space and the Low Down as well.

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Weirdly the only station I can bear listening to is Soulwax - good for insane driving - but would never ever listen to this sort of music in real life. I mainly turn the radio off and listen to the whooshing of the turbocharger.  Sabbath Rule !!!

acrcmb
  • acrcmb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yeah I missed having a station like this there's basically no songs I like listening to, I like 'Subliminal" on Channel X but honestly the rest of the songs don't do anything for me, the stations are weird there's no just normal rock station it's either fast punk or 80's pop rock

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Kind of bummed to hear that there is no decent Rock/ metal radio stations. ah well there's always custom radio on PC.

Shiggy
  • Shiggy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

IN ADDITION to all the good stuff, I'm totally fine with that. 

I think that the soundtrack in the game is fantastic, then again music is entirely subjective and it's impossible to please everybody.

I really like the rap stations (RLS & WCC), and the rock station (LS Rock Radio I think) has some very good songs too.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

I agree, but Black Flag is obscure English punk? WUT?

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Before anyone says "Radio X", it's just weird, obscure, (and in my opinion, bad) English punk.
Other than that, what choices in radio we got? Three rap stations? Pop? Electronic? Jamaican? (Seriously, Jamaican?) Soft, classic rock?

Second to rap (unfortunately), I'd say the music genre with biggest youth demographic and most devoted fans is hard rock and heavy metal.

From what I thought, there was a huge support if V-Rock when VC came out, as well as the Lost and Damned's addition to Liberty Rock Radio.

Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, KISS, Dio, Slayer, Mötley Crüe, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Judas Priest...

It's called Raggae and it's way better than Heavy metal...
  • Midnight1811, SuburbansWorst and IHateFlightSchool like this

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

If you have 360 then you can listen to all the metal/rock you want to. That's what I do :)

Enteum
  • Enteum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

Yeah, I want grunge/hard rock!! Totally agree. The music on the stations is the my only gripe with V thus far.
  • lincolnimp, JRC99 and Lance_Vance89 like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:16 AM

I agree, but Black Flag is obscure English punk? WUT?

It is to these people. If it's not 80s or 90s heavy metal or grunge then it is obscure English punk. Never mind the fact that Nirvana was heavily influenced by punk and so was the whole alternative movement.

• Acetaminophen and IveGotNoValues like this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

I love the hell out of Radio X, especially the obscure English punk band Black Flag (lol!). But outside of that and a few gems here and there, IMO the soundtrack stinks to high heaven. I don't remember previous games radio stations seeming quite as noticably repetative, either. I swear every time I'm flipping thru radio stations that terrible Pet Shop Boys song is playing. Does that song have it's own station? Honestly, the radio is the only thing that I am truly disappointed with in this game.

Punkcherri
  • Punkcherri

The Realest

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

I read that the devs wanted to choose music that reflected a Los Angeles/ So. Cal. feel. As for LCHC... it was for a dlc so maybe future dlcs will include another station or updated music. I enjoy at least two songs from every station... If you think about it, in real life, you don't always hear what you want on the radio, you just work with what's on.

ClydeFr0g
  • ClydeFr0g

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

Im a metalhead myself so i have to agree.
There is nothing on the radio for us.
Most of the times when i play i just en up turning the radio off.
  • lincolnimp likes this

ClydeFr0g
  • ClydeFr0g

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

If you think about it, in real life, you don't always hear what you want on the radio, you just work with what's on.

In real life i can choose to listen to a station dedicated to metal. I would never listen to any of the stations in GTA V because none of them are for me.

SmokeCheeba
  • SmokeCheeba

Just chillin'

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'd also like a custom station to play your music stored on the console. Like the older games used to do.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

Agree with OP. IMO vice city had the best rock radio. megadeth, judas priest and iron maiden made the station for me.

Nothing wrong with having a reggae station. I like the host. The game also needs a disco station, just for kicks.

• Blastoise1994 likes this

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

Seriously where's the Pantera/Metallica/Cannibal Corpse and so forth?...Tired of cRap being shoved down my throat.

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

It's called Raggae and it's way better than Heavy metal...

You obviously smoke some bad ganja there pal.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I quite like the songs on Radio X, being a huge punk fan myself, but I do agree that they need a good metal station.  I usually just play the music from my xbox HDD if I get sick of listening to GTA's music tracks. 

Motorhead rules and Lemmy is God.  

• Enteum likes this

ClydeFr0g
  • ClydeFr0g

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Would it be possibke to play your own music on a PS3?
As i understand it you can on a 360, but not as a radiostation.
But as far as i know you cant do that on a PS3.
But it would be awesome if you could do it like you did in VC on PC with your own MP3's.
Has that been possibke in any game on PS3?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users